[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber Pauses Service For Moment Of Silence To “Reflect On Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: uber.jpg (45 KB, 619x649) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
45 KB, 619x649
Uber wants its riders to reflect on gun violence, and it’s not being subtle about it at all.

A day after five police officers were gunned down in Dallas, ride hailing company Uber added a message to its app Friday encouraging users to reflect on recent gun violence.

The message appeared when users opened the app, and stated that “our hearts go out to the victims of this week’s terrible gun violence.”

“As we move around our cities this weekend, let’s take a moment to think about what we can do to help,” the message concluded.

Uber launched the message a day after five police officers were killed and seven others wounded by a sniper at a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas. Two civilians were also wounded in the shooting, and the protest itself was sparked after two black men were killed this week in officer-involved shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota.

Uber also changed the icons of Uber X cars to peace symbols.

http://gizmodo.com/uber-makes-riders-take-a-moment-of-silence-for-gun-viol-1783391098

So how do YOU feel about this, /pol/? Personally I think more companies should be taking this kind of positive approach to solving social issues. Big thumbs up!
>>
>>80390186
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-birth-of-a-nation-uk-release-date-new-trailer-nate-parker-slave-rebellion-oscars-2017-a7123066.html
What about this gun violence?
>>
Pic related is an actual screenshot btw
>>
>>80390186
fucking SJWs
>>
>>80390186
>Uber driver with CCW saves countless people from mass shooter
>Uber's response is to ban CCW
That's all you really need to know about that company
>>
“'As we move around our cities this weekend, let’s take a moment to think about what we can do to help,' the message concluded."

Well, /pol/? What can YOU personally do to help combat gun violence? We all need to be thinking about this sort of thing in these trying times.
>>
>>80390186
well what are they expected to think? guns ready up and shoot people, or niggers don't know how guns work?
>>
>>80390459
*buys a gun*
>>
Is being an Uber driver worth it if I've got nothing else going on?
>>
File: bucktooth subway neet pepe.png (226 KB, 393x401) Image search: [Google]
bucktooth subway neet pepe.png
226 KB, 393x401
>>80390579
Bro you can make fat stax
>>
>>80390447

This. I carry my gun regardless when I drive for Uber.
>>
File: peace.jpg (30 KB, 309x463) Image search: [Google]
peace.jpg
30 KB, 309x463
So glad they got rid of the big scary cars they used to have as icons. These peace signs are so much less threatening, now I can Uber in absolute safety.
>>
File: msg.jpg (18 KB, 309x463) Image search: [Google]
msg.jpg
18 KB, 309x463
>>80390912
This is the message you're greeted with upon entering the app...
>>
This is why I still ride in taxis.

Cab companies don't try to cram their political agenda down my throat.
>>
>>80390650
I'm just wondering how much I'll take home after gas and everything
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.