[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is compromising so difficult?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: mercury ponders.jpg (37 KB, 426x659) Image search: [Google]
mercury ponders.jpg
37 KB, 426x659
Why is compromising so difficult?
>>
>>80374658
Because it never is a compromise.
It's one side promising to take your hand instead of your whole arm. In the end, you're still losing something and gaining nothing.
>>
>>80374658
Because in the end neither side gets what they want.
>>
It's ultimately a solution neither side will be completely happy with.
>>
>>80374658
Example?
>>
>>80374658
It's not that compromising is difficult, there's just more benefit in having your way.
>>
>>80374658
because not compromising could be a better option.
>>
>>80374658
You definitely lose something if you compromise. Do you wanna be a loser?
>>
File: 1464922983560.png (379 KB, 312x605) Image search: [Google]
1464922983560.png
379 KB, 312x605
>>80374658
Because humans don't crave peace. They honestly care more about winning or proving their newly obtained predator status. What's the fun about shaking hands and discussing a means for both sides to be happy?
>>
because idiots like
>>80374730
>>80374751

don't know what can be discarded and what can't when reaching the middle ground.
>>
>>80378634
I understand moderation and the middle ground, but in this day in age it gets you nothing.
Take a look at Gun Rights in the US, I always hear people saying "Make a compromise" and when I ask what that entails, it's always losing more rights and gaining nothing.
The internet has killed moderation in politics because everyone can just see they ideas they want to see and block/ ignore those that they don't. That applies to be left and right.
For certain things there is no compromise because the old adage "Give an inch and they'll take a mile" has been proven true too many times.
>>
Because working a deal isn't easy, and it's really not easy when you grow up in a culture where bargaining is seen as scary, evil, and unfair and you just just do whatever you're told.
>>
>>80374730
This is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>80379268

well, each side just needs to figure out what is it that they want.
>i want to be able to defend myself when the need arise
>I want less weapons circulating the streets so any halfwit with a license can force their ways

do you think i got each side wants right?

btw, if you know what your opposition truly wants youll have an edge over them; don't filter.
>>
>>80374658
Give people an inch and they will take 6 million miles
>>
>>80380869
>muh 6 billion
>>
>>80374658
I'd compromise sailor Mercury's sweet little innocence if you know what I mean.
>>
>>80382485
It's not clear to me. Can you make an infographic, or preferably a webm with sound so I can understand in greater detail?
>>
>>80382615
It would probably go something like this.
http://fapdu.com/sailor-mercury-thrust-darkness-1
>>
>>80382909
3DPD
>dropped
>>
File: Suprised_Venus.jpg (120 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
Suprised_Venus.jpg
120 KB, 500x372
>>
>>80374658
>1 post by this Jew
>>
>>80374658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdUocboYhtc
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.