[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You ready to make a living wage, /pol/? Or do you still want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1482378572523.png (870 KB, 977x809) Image search: [Google]
1482378572523.png
870 KB, 977x809
You ready to make a living wage, /pol/?

Or do you still want to be scammed by big corporations like a good peon?
>>
Democrats dangle unfeasible piece of bacon in front of their mewling pets that can't see past the next ten minutes
>>
>>80374418
does that mean u get around 2400$ for a minimum wage job

cool
>>
Democrats will have trouble being the side of "sanity" while pushing idiocy like this

But then again, its not like their voter base cares
>>
Wont this cause inflation?
>>
>>80374991
Pretty much, since wages will rise corporations will offset the cost of rising wages by raising prices on goods and services

No better example of this than what's happened to Australia
>>
We have that here and the only reason some prices are competitive with the US is because it's cheaper to ship from China to Australia than US.

Whether you get X and spend X-10 a week or Y and spend Y-10 a week is irrelevant.
>>
>>80375102
To add to this, these morons don't realize that all this does is speed up the automation of jobs and pushing the lower class unskilled workers completely out of the workforce
>>
>>80374418
Why does the government want to stop me from working for a low wage, if both I and my employer agree to such wage?
>>
Here's your new rent: All the money you make from your 15 an hour job plus 800 dollars
>>
all the sudden i go from having a good job at which i earned my way to a pay rate that is double the minimum wage to having a minimum wage job AND all my expenses have increased

fuck this gay earth i hope the sun blows up
>>
>>80374418
Dumb fool. If wages rise at a rate dispoportionate to inflation, guess what? Inflation will increase while higher wages will wind up buying less and less. Your company will not be able to pay you and will start making larger single investments instead of multiple smaller ones to cut costs. This will wind up costing them less than continuing to employ people. (Read: automated cashier instead of a person).
>>
>>80375652
Not only this, but it will also bring the value of the USD down
>>
The house prices are Jewish as fuck in the north east coast though. Unless you want to live in a nigger infested shithole you'll never be able to afford a house even at $15 an hour. Our hourly wages have stagnated but the pricing of houses have kept increasing even after the market crash.
>>
>>80374991

Not really. All the jobs that produce less than $15 an hour will be replaced by robots that do the same thing. We're already seeing this start to happen in fast food. What really needs to be done is something to reduce the cost of living especially healthcare and housing but I don't have any actual answers on how to do that so fuck me.
>>
>>80375729
Correct. This shit's got international implications.
>>
Right now, the minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, correct? So, this will more than double the cost of a human. There's already a big push for automation underway, and this will only kick that into overdrive.

Doing some quick back-o'-the-napkin math, if a minimum wage worker makes $15 an hour, that means they make $30K a year, plus overhead (hiring, training, etc.) means they actually cost about $45K a year. So, even if a new robot costs $90K, that robot pays for itself in two years. A pretty good investment, really.

I work in the automation industry, so all this is absolutely okey-dokey by me. Once the $15 an hour hike passes into law, I'm going to crack open a good bottle of champagne.
>>
>>80374418
$15 is too low. I want a $100 minimum wage job NOW.

Why don't Democrats make it a $1000 minimum wage, anyways? Are they telling me some work is more valuable than other work? Fucking bigots.
>>
>>80375767
>Reduce the costs of healthcare

Like that will ever happen without government intervention, they're making money hand over fist, why would they stop?
>>
>>80374418
>Increase minimum pay
>More illegals enter the country
>Thinking companies will recruit people demanding $15 over illegal aliens wanting $2-3
>>
>>80374418
While I agree that SOMETHING needs to be done about the disparity in cost of living and wage, simply jacking up the minimum wage is just gonna spell disaster either through a spike in unemployment (machines taking over grunt work) or through runaway inflation.
>>
>>80376003
I see where you're going, but that would only happen in trades where it's easier to get away with undocumented unskilled labor, retail and food service that are corporate wouldn't be able to get away with that
>>
>>80376113
ending the Fed's interest rate manipulation would help
>>
People make more money, they get less gibs as a result.
The government in the other hand, makes more in taxes (because you now make more to take) AND pay out less in welfare.
They win, we loose.
Not to mention the inflation that will follow. Democrats are literally retarded and so are their voters
>>
WHAT'S THAT POST COUNT NIGGERS?
>>
>>80374418
The true minimum wage will always be $0.

This just destroys jobs.
>>
>>80374418

>minimum wage goes up
>people lose jobs, companies hire less frequently
>massive unemployment
>more illegals being hired and entering the country
>companies who do not hire illegals and do not fire workers will have to jack up prices astronomically

I'm with her :^)
>>
>>80376233
>AND pay out less in welfare.
high minimum wage means more welfare though.
>>
>>80375270
That is happening regardless of wage, companies aren't thinking "automation is cool but we're fine with paying our workers $10 an hour"
>>
>>80375338
It goes up every year anyway.
Raising the minimum wage isnt to make everybody rich, its to bring up a living wage that has been left behind because prices already inflated
>>
>>80376349
I'll never understand the US issue with illegals. If illegals are really "illegal", then why not just make it illegal to hire them? Seems like it would be easy to inspect companies suspected of using "illegals".
>>
>>80374418
If this ups my warehouse job to $25 and increases our performance needed at work which is already 300% higher than 2013 I'm gonna kill someone.
>>
>>80376365
No shit, why would the rich want to bankroll someone's life that isn't themselves? Bunch of fucking leeches the poor
>>
You mean lose my job because we don't make enough to bother keeping us open when they would have to pay us that much
>>
>>80374418
That has no chance of passing and would devastate most of the country. Minimum wage should be set at the state level based on the cost of living like every respectable economist suggests.
>>
>>80374418
I just want a basic income. Fuck the welfare system.
>>
>>80376507
So that argument is shit
>>
>>80374418
Who else is ready for 20 million more democrat voters?!?
#MentallyHill
>>
>>80376470
It is illegal to hire them. Unless you're in California. Then they give you a gold medal, and all your illegal employees get protection from the federal government by the state and free driver's licenses.
>>
>>80375917

Like I said, I don't know how to do it. But it's a major factor in cost of living and something will have to be done to reduce it.
>>
>>80376365
paying your worker $10 an hour is probably cheaper than automation in shit like fast food.
>>
>>80376470
Because you have a whole political party that wants them there?
And the other political party was largely run by cuckservative traitors?
>>
>we hate corporations
>Let's increase the minimum wage and destroy small business

The mind of a liberal. I work for a very small (25ish employees) company, 15 an hour would not help the owners. I put my time in here and make decent money but people start at 10. The owners have put a lot of money into expanding in a way that is going to pay off big down the road, but as of right now being forced to pay 15 an hour for a guy to answer a phone and run payments would not be good for them.
>>
>Be Australian
>Earn $20.70 as a casual worker packing shelves
You guys really are cucked arent you?
>>
>tfw everyone who works with me already makes at minimum $30/hr
Feels pretty good knowing it won't affect my company.
>>
File: 1433618179717.png (1 MB, 1240x869) Image search: [Google]
1433618179717.png
1 MB, 1240x869
>>80375863
Automation will happen regardless.

Were it not for capitalism we'd already have a 25 hour week
>>
File: 1467075955618.png (1 KB, 270x326) Image search: [Google]
1467075955618.png
1 KB, 270x326
>>80376613
>respectable economist
>>
>>80376629
How is it shit? If the purpose of a business is to offer goods and services in exchange for currency, and to be profitable, how would this not be the view when they would only worry about investors, management and the board? Fuck the peons is what it will come down to
>>
If you're worried about minimum wage, you're screwed, regardless of the amount.

You'll do better on benefits.
>>
>>80376417
You can't just raise minimum wage when there's high unemployment and sluggish economy. Forcing wages up by raising the minimum wage without market demand for low skilled labour going up is not a wise idea. It will make unemployment even worse and make the cost of living even worse.
>>
>>80376711
Obviously not in the long run
>>
The people supporting this are the same ones saying income disparity is too high.

Tip top kek
>>
>Democrat

they just want more vote lol, some anon not long time ago post like robot/automatic machine for burger maker and waitress. Good luck american.
>>
Oh, its another Leftists increasing the entry barrier of jobs to generate a class of gibmedats dependent loyal voters episode
>>
It wouldn't even be an extra $1.50/hour on my paycheck. I'd just take an easier job and goof off like the niggers do.
>>
>>80376767

But your wages won't go up. So while you (probably) worked to attain some skills that got you that job, Laquisha will be making just as much flipping burgers.

Makes you think, huh?
>>
>>80376836
Thanks for the advice demcuck, I see your still spreading the Obummer plan
>>
>>80374418
$15/hr minimum wage is not going to work outside of the high cost of living cities of the US.

Sure, in those cities you could raise it to $20 without big issues, but the rest of the country is just so different.
>>
>>80376981
>$15/hr
>just as much as $42.30/hr
wat
>>
>>80376732
That's 15 US dollars you get paid to be China's slut
>>
>>80376813
Damn dude, you originally said that increased wages would increase automation, and then you say that business owners want automation to lower cost, so what is it...will increases wages increase automation or is automation already on its way in because it will be cheaper for a business owner regardless?
>>
>>80376946
This.

I bust my motherfucking ass to make $15/hr now.

I'll just go get a job at Subway and do absolutely fucking nothing and be better off.
>>
File: minimum-wage-inflation-large.png (129 KB, 1152x747) Image search: [Google]
minimum-wage-inflation-large.png
129 KB, 1152x747
What makes a wage living?
>>
>>80376946
This is yet another problem with the minimum wage proposal. I'd get an easier job and fuck off too.

I work for 10.10 an hour at a state run liquor store. The inly reason I am working it is for the awesome benefits, but really if I coukd make 15 an hour doing stupid work, I'd do it, fight everyine for hours, and be a fuck off about it.
>>
>>80374418
>Go to US / Cali
>Most people I talk too work 2 jobs
>Most of them are serious in debt
>Not because of dumb shit like buying a house or car while you have zero credit
>Simple things like medical and student bills and loans they are still paying off
>Tell them that working 2 jobs and paying off this debt, not being able to afford going on holiday the next years is very bad, almost criminal slavery.
>They agree, but still believe in their system
Democracy and capitalism work but not when its this corrupted folks
Hillary is just a front puppet for the real owners of America, the people that protect their investments, i.e. the arms industry, the federal reserve. If you don't think that these institutions (because that is what they have become) control or simply bought the White House you need brain medicine.
>>
>>80376153
>where it's easier to get away with undocumented unskilled labor
Yes, like in Sweden. Basically every single small business where they (the $15 demanders) are currently working.
$15 would be great, but it WILL fail completely in a broken system like ours.
>>
>>80375270
Nobody talks about this actually being their goal. They want as many people dependent on big government as possible.
>>
>>80374418
>democrats wreck rural and small city economies in favor of large high cost of living cities where $20 is already the de facto minimum wage (SF, NYC etc).

This will just cause unemployment in rural america and force all minimum wage workers into the cities, allowing the huge cities to push down wages (to $15/hr).
>>
>>80374418
>Peon
chicANO, you have to go back.
>>
>>80376767
It will affect you because your money will have less purchasing power. Amazing how basic economics work.
>>
The only way to help the working poor is to stop illegal immigration.

Right now the low skill labor market is flooded with 10-20M surplus workers. That makes them cheap and disposable.

Minimum wage laws won't change that.
>>
Poor people will vote based on this. Business owners will fire half the minimum wage staff and increase the work load. Can't wait to see their reactions.
>>
>make 11 an hour at fast food
>date another person making 9 an hour in the same place
>rent 3 bedroom house
>support 2 kids
>live comfortably
>no benefits

Thanks Ohio.
>>
>>80374418
>Or do you still want to be scammed by big corporations like a good peon?
a big corporation already pays me a lot more than $15/hr
>>
Maybe if people wouldn't feel so entitled to living in $2000/month areas, buying $1500 MacBooks and drinking $5 Starcucks they could actually make a living.
>>
>>80377044
At the current rate, it's cheaper to hire at the current minimum wage, raising the wages will I crease investment and adoption of automation in the affected sectors, it's all tied together
>>
>>80377098
Factors that are totally differently priced in different cities.

Having one federal minimum wage is just retarded in a heterogeneous country like the US.
>>
>>80376470
we should just let illegals off the hook if they pay taxes and then an amnesty tax on top of that.
>>
Small businesses will definitely suffer and have to raise their prices in the near term, but big corps like McDonald's will just get on the phone with Robotic Startup Inc., and ask for another demonstration of the Burger Maker 9000, since the cutoff price for that robot just got a lot more appealing.
>>
Lol
I remember watching an episode of Roseanne, her hot television daughter gets a job in 1994 and makes 25k/year while college age and Dan and Roseanne were jelly as fuck that their daughter made several thousand more than them.

Really makes you think
>>
>>80377142
>$100.000 tuition medieval literature degree and $500.000 house aren't stupid
Nice one Henk
>>
File: RTJHBlo.jpg (151 KB, 1599x675) Image search: [Google]
RTJHBlo.jpg
151 KB, 1599x675
>>80377041
>>
>>80376233

And those of us that put in the time to learn a practical skill won't get a 100% raise for doing nothing.

Us evil rich people that make $20 - $30 an hour will just have to eat the increased cost of living while paying a third of our income for health insurance that doesn't cover anything.
>>
>>80374418
>You ready to make a living wage, /pol/?
I'm a graduate teaching assistant, I get paid by stipend, not wages. Increasing the minimum wage won't change my stipend.

The only difference is that now instead of getting paid slightly better than minimum wage, I'll be getting paid significantly less than it.
>>
>>80377378
seems retarded to have a minimum wage but illegals don't have to pay it. Literally impossible to compete with illegals in that case.
>>
File: 1456903431462.jpg (131 KB, 825x648) Image search: [Google]
1456903431462.jpg
131 KB, 825x648
>$15 minimum wage
>no jobs
>>
>>80377098
A wage that allows someone to sustain a decent standard of life (access to housing, food, healthcare etc)

Of course wage labour as a whole sucks
>>
>>80374418
INFLATION
F
L
A
T
I
O
N
>>
Most fast food workers don't even earn their current wage. How are they going to justify almost doubling it?
>>
>>80377356

This. Everyone bitches about not having any money but places that make $7 ham and cheese sandwiches are somehow still in business.
>>
>>80374418
Are you guys ready for government issued paycheques? Make sure to spend all your shekels goyim! No financial freedom for you goys!
>>
>>80377615
By hiring non-illegals and have actual quality fast food chains?
>>
>>80374418
Yes. I'm ready for these stupid fucking mouthbreathing idiots to be put out of jobs due to their fucking greed. Minimum wage jobs are unacceptable for anybody but high schoolers.
>Minimum-wage offensive could speed arrival of robot-powered restaurants
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/minimum-wage-offensive-could-speed-arrival-of-robot-powered-restaurants/2015/08/16/35f284ea-3f6f-11e5-8d45-d815146f81fa_story.html
>>
>>80377475

Well that's what happens here. Every minimum wage job is done by people on VISAs earning less than minimum wage because they contract themselves out. Meanwhile citizens are stuck on welfare because that don't have access to these foreigner schemes.
>>
>>80377738
>it's a /pol/ catches on a day late and a dollar short episode
>>
>>80377475
That's why we need to bring back the closed shop, give unions more power to crack down on employers that pay people poverty wages

Immigration is caused by capitalism you kow
>>
>>80377356
Agreed.

Though I will say American advertising certainly doesn't help matters.

Most commercials here can equate to: BUY THIS THING OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT.

And other criminally aggressive marketing tactics.
>>
>>80374418
>Or do you still want to be scammed by big corporations like a good peon?

Small business can't afford wage, go out of business. More money for big business.

Brilliant fucking plan.
>>
>>80377674

How long before marijuana is currency in Canada?
>>
>>80374823
yeah it's an extra $5k from $10.40/hr
not bad tbqh.
>>
This is so crazy.
I can bet that Hillary is going to push this 15 dollars minimal wage meme, and when she gets in office she's just going to pull a ''oh oh, those evil republicans stopped me from implementing these policies!!!'' just further making republicans unelectable.

I refuse to believe that these people at the top are dumb enough to think 15 dollars per hour minimal wage is a good thing.
It fucks everyone up until inflation fixes it and you're back at square one.
>>
>>80377954
>yeah it's an extra $5k from $10.40/hr
You're going to be making no money at all since any sensible employer is going to fire your ass since you're not worth that much money.
>>
>>80377738
This is why I support a $20 minimum wage, including for tipping jobs.
>>
Who pays small business owners a living wage?
>>
>>80377845
The problem is that because the union were so "inept" and that portrayal was driven into the skull of every American so hard for the past 35 years, they will only make a comeback when it's too late
>>
>>80374418
I live in my parents home on social security, we eat veggies and i still got enough money to send to my stupid sibling who is trying to live beyond their means.

when in social country, live on social warefare. when the capitalist take over again, ill have a reason to work.
>>
File: 1453853918124.gif (2 MB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1453853918124.gif
2 MB, 250x229
>ITT Retards who cant money
>Doesnt even look at how well we people in shit-posting-land have it even with a minimum wage
>>
>>80377142
student loans is very much dumb shit
>>
File: thisPost.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
thisPost.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>80374418
>>
Why not $50/hr minimum wage?
>>
>>80374991
Jews will just raise rentals
>>
>>80378030
bahahaha who is going to unload trucks? robots can't do it as fast as I can. who is going to help retarded customers? robots can't do it because those customers refuse to learn even a touch screen interface. who is going to get carts in the rain? robots literally can't since they're huge conduits for electricity. I don't give a fuck about lightning storms in my area.

I'll never get /fired/.
>>
>>80377784
If you are unemployed in this country you are literally useless.
>>
>>80378065
They make their money from customers. dum-dum
>>
So how do burgerflippers, self stockers etc. currently survive in NYC and such places with the 7,25/hour min. wage?
>>
>>80374418
>Democrats abandoning working class to provide international corporations with cheap labor
>use identity politics to try and silence complaints
>Trump enters race
>gives no fucks, build wall and bring back muh jobs
>working class Democrats flocking to Trump
>DNC: "oh shit we gotta do something"

Yeah this isn't going to work, it might keep underemployed college graduate Bernie bros enthusiastic but it won't undo the damage the Democrats have done to what was their own base.
>>
>>80377738
what do you expect someone out of high school to do? what's a non-minimum wage job for someone out of high school?
>>
>>80375917
They'll set the price however linear programming tells them to set the price. So if that's a lower price for more buyers, it will be a lower price.
>>
>>80374418
>how to make inflation sky rocket

Pay your respects to all the elderly people that have been saving up money all their lives

F
>>
>>80378350
they have these things called roommates. not everyone lives on their own. in fact, i would say a good deal of people CAN'T live on their own.
>>
>>80377246
>implying I buy fast food like a degenerate
>>
>>80378350
They spend a long-ass time commuting in from places where housing is cheaper.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 657x527
>>80378341
Yeah, and they have to pay rent of they don't own the property, licenses to sell literally anything they sell (food, tabacco, etc), electricity, water, supplies, and the thing that they sell.

Oh and a $15 min wage :^) I'm sure they can survive on making 2% of their gross profit
>>
>Get more money
>Have to spend more money

WOOOOOOOOOOW ITS ALMOST LIKE IT DOESNT ACTUALLY MATTER
>>
File: waifu.png (993 KB, 1269x659) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
993 KB, 1269x659
I just got hired as an apprentice meat cutter making $14.55/hr. If minimum gets raised to $15 what will my wage get raised to?
>>
File: 1329570787794.jpg (35 KB, 407x482) Image search: [Google]
1329570787794.jpg
35 KB, 407x482
>people living at $15 an hour
Lol and they claim US isn't third world

I wouldn't even lift a finger a cent below $30/hour + private healthcare plan. And I'm working class.
>>
>>80378327
They'll get third worlders who will do it under the table.
>>
>>80377845
>give unions more power
fuck off. Unions ruin everything. Just have a low minimum wage. I don't mind having a minimum wage. But raising for social justice reasons when labour demand has not increased is dumb. It's as stupid as rent controls when there's a lack of supply for housing.
>>
>>80378776
wrong. walmart doesn't like third worlders, and third worlders hate walmart.

that's the solitary benefit of being black. i'll always have a job because no one EXPECTS ME to want a job. hahahha thank you /pol/
>>
>>80375270
Losers should be pushed out. We can't just always be like "oh no but these super low class unskilled guys aren't getting what they deserve!" but if they continue to fuck up there's no point in helping them.

Trump's "help out lazy white people who have no excuse outside of their own failures to not work" is no different than giving free shit to psychopaths and other worthless people.
>>
>>80378637
What makes you think that I didn't understand this? Are you explaining it to yourself, or what?
>>
yeah because EMT Drivers dont work as hard as McDonalds workers.
>>
>>80375751
You could always move out of the city
>>
>>80379201
If you really think small mom and pop stores can afford it you're nuts.
>>
>>80379018
realistically you gotta pay for shittly unskilled people one way or the other. In terms of welfare, prison costs, riots etc. It's arguable to putting some money in place to encourage as many as possible into jobs where they pay for themselves can be a worthy investment.

Best idea would be to just kill everyone who can't support themselves. But human society of any form is unlikely to be comfortable with that.
>>
>>80374418
>Living wage
>Too expensive to employ people
>Automate minimum wage jobs
>Instead of making "living" wage you now make no money ;^)
>Starve
>No more poor people
>>
File: 1439229914590.jpg (37 KB, 552x553) Image search: [Google]
1439229914590.jpg
37 KB, 552x553
>>
>>80378327

The idea is to use robots so we no longer have to keep retarded people around.
>>
>>80375767
Making it so that people can buy health insurance across state lines is a start. More competition is always better.
>>
File: 1444964646525.jpg (47 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1444964646525.jpg
47 KB, 750x500
Why do people base "living wage" on "the price of a 1 bedroom apartment".

Shit, nigga, nobody starts off in their own 1 bedroom apartment. Not unless mommy and daddy helped you start there. Most people start out renting a single room in a bigger place. It's a lot cheaper to share a kitchen, share a bathroom, share a living room, etc. Someone on minimum wage does not need their own, personal, private kitchen and shower. That's luxury.
>>
>>80379443
>realistically you gotta pay for shittly unskilled people one way or the other

I'm fine with this. The problem is that very few people in North America are actually poor. Most of them just live way above their means, live in areas they can't afford, and can't manage their money.

You aren't entitled to the latest iPhone, the latest Macbook, an apartment in SF and two trips to Starbucks daily just because you exist. You can get by without those things and the current minimum wage can provide the necessities as long as people aren't retarded with their money.
>>
>>80379647
that's the idea. bring it to fruition or shut the fuck up.

>inb4 you bring in a kill bot to forcibly remove all poor people

>>80379851
uh where do you live that you can just rent a room? not only is that dangerous as fuck (in theory), but it isn't an apparent course of action here in my state of texas.
>>
File: 1449436119294s.jpg (5 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1449436119294s.jpg
5 KB, 124x125
>>80374418
>>
>>80380036
Anyplace that isn't texas
>>
>muh inflation
It's not inflation, it's called the wage-price spiral.
>>
>>80380261
There is a correlation between the wage-price spiral and inflation
>>
File: MAGAdesu.jpg (657 KB, 1080x1055) Image search: [Google]
MAGAdesu.jpg
657 KB, 1080x1055
I don't see the problem with raising the minimum wage. It encourages companies to automate their work force, which would increase production overall. Plus its the nigs that'll be out of jobs, they're bad workers.

There's the issue of inflation, but I don't understand its impact. Will minimum wage really increase inflation, and if so what will that impact?
>>
>>80380036
Shared living is common everywhere.
Have you really never heard someone complain about their roommate?
>>
>>80380036

What do you think we've been doing? Companies like Lego and Ikea have fully automated warehouses already. Cars are entirely built by robots. I was in a cookie producing baking factory about a month ago. The only people there worked in packaging, because the robots to do packaging were still being built off-site.

Right now robots primarily work in controlled environments but we're working on fixing that too. Unskilled work == fucked.
>>
>>80374418
>Being this economically illiterate.

$15 minimum wage just means EVERYTHING is going to cost significantly more, there will be significantly less jobs and more people will begin to cheat the system by paying under the table etc screwing the government out of its dumb ass taxes.

Democrats need to speak with some economists instead of thinking with their feelings because they're getting really close to irreversibly fucking things up.
>>
>>80374418
I already make a living wage.

Also, what constitutes a living wage varies wildly from place to place so the minimum wage should be set locally rather than federally.
>>
>>80380036
lolwut. You some kinda ivory tower type or what?

I just picked a random city in Texas and checked Craigslist and there's tons of rooms for rent.

"Dangerous". Well don't just slap down cash on a room without checking it out first. Bring a friend to check it out with you if you think you need backup. Lots of rooms for rent are in really nice neighborhoods, too. Someone has a $2000/month mortgage and wants to knock off $650/month by renting out a spare bedroom. Cheaper than renting your own apartment and probably a much nicer space.

I have my own house these days but I started off sharing a 3 BR apartment with two coworkers.
>>
File: 1465967390062.jpg (62 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
1465967390062.jpg
62 KB, 800x455
As long as minimum wage is set to such a level where it disqualifies minimum wage workers from receiving food stamps and other government hand outs, I'm all for it. I can imagine the left cry-a-thon when they realize they don't qualify for college tuition assistance, EBT, healthcare, etc. because they chose to make $15/ hr their political baby.
>>
>>80374418

Its time to start paying proper salary for shitty and dirty jobs that many people dont want to do. Employers constantly whine how they cant find employees for these jobs. Of course they will find employees but they need pay more to attract people. Thats how markets work.

OH SORRY you only like market economy when it means lower labour costs and rising revenues for you. Silly me!
>>
>>80374418
no, because I already make more than that.

don't want my earning depreciated because of some dindu dishwasher.
>>
>>80380809
>minimum wage workers will no longer recieve social help for being poor
they will tough.
>>
>>80380809
It will just mean they work fewer hours.

I think there are studies about this already. When minimum wage goes up, a lot of workers ask for fewer hours because they don't want to give up benefits.

Kinda hilarious, really.

>Tyrone works 40 hours a week.
>We raise minimum wage so now he works 30 hours a week and makes the same money and benefits.
>>
>>80374418
>$15 an hour
No, this is completely retarded. Minimum wage in my state is $7.25 and that's perfectly fine because the cost of living is pretty low. This would literally more than double labor costs and devastate small, rural communities. Fucking liberals.
>>
>>80380955
market economy means if you got people who will do it for cheap, there is no reason to try to appeal to more workers by raising the wages.

to force people to pay more for what they can et for cheap isn't market economy. market economy is when people decides by thmeselves to raise wages to get more workers.
>>
File: 1460810142274.jpg (57 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1460810142274.jpg
57 KB, 599x449
>>
File: McRoasty.jpg (234 KB, 850x1037) Image search: [Google]
McRoasty.jpg
234 KB, 850x1037
I've got an idea for a new burger, I call it the "Mc Roasty".

It's a quarter pound of honey glazed roast beef, double-mayo and sprouts sitting on a sliced yeast bun..... what do you think?
>>
>>80381329

It can be like that or it can be like I described: you cannot find workers because you pay low wage. So the solution for the problem is to pay better wage but of course it wont happen because you can organize endless stream of immigrants who will do it for even lower pay.
>>
>>80380620
>>80380620
>>80380620
This.

$15 an hour will do jack shit in most states.

Pic related is for a 2-bedroom rather than say a studio, so obviously you'd need to re-run the numbers, and also look at some of the cheaper ares to live instead (shouldn't be factoring in gated communities), but the principle remains the same in that the number varies wildly.
>>
>>80381133
But goyim! Why don't you move to the city??
>>
>>80380809
She's uggo as fugg

Nice biddies tho
>>
File: MinWage.jpg (157 KB, 785x605) Image search: [Google]
MinWage.jpg
157 KB, 785x605
>>80381790
forgot the pic. Must have been some kind of Jewish trick to make me space it.
>>
>>80378999
why are niggers always so pathetic and always takes gib me dats? even woke niggers are degenerates
>>
>>80376470
>why not just make it illegal to hire them?
it is, you moron
companies just do it anyway. the government simply doesn't care about enforcing these laws.
>>
>>80375767
>robots will be industry viable by the time the $15 minimum wage passes
You're a fucking idiot for falling for the robotics meme this hard.
>>
>>80381035
Minimum wage fag here. Thats actually what happened at home depot.
>>
>>80381609
>pay better wages
as long as you decide by yourself you lack the workforce. if its coming from above as law its no longer free market.
>but immigrants
yup. immigrants are cheap workforce.
but if they can live on such a low salary, why can't you?
(i live on social walfare btw. thats the right way to live in a social country.)
>>
>>80374567
FPBP
>>
>>80375270
Have you not yet realised that this is what Democrats want? Force the working poor into the welfare poor. Make them dependent on the state, which makes them guaranteed Democrat voters. Meanwhile, you're basically given a carte blanche to your business donors to speed up automation.

It's really the perfect policy for the Democrats. Make slaves out of Americans, enlarge profits for the elite.
>>
>>80381035
>more free time to himself
sounds nice
>>
>>80378706
the same as that no skilled piece of crap screwing up a burger order
>>
>>80376417
>implying it won't rise even more due to the new pay
>implying minimum wage was ever meant for the poor and not for teenagers working their first time job
>implying that a person only capable of working at Taco Bell and McDonalds should be able to live despite having no defining abilities whatsoever at all
>implying that a job at Taco Bell or KFC is meant as a job from which one can life it's life
>>
>>80379326
Precisely this. In a normal economy, the over inflated house prices in one area would lead to a move of people to a less over priced area, leading to economic stimulus in that area and thus increasing competition between cities and regions.

Instead, these faggots obsessed with living in Jew York and going to all their indie bars - and who think it beneath them to go live in Iowa - are keeping those house prices high by keeping demand high.
>>
File: 1465256646803.jpg (71 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1465256646803.jpg
71 KB, 800x533
>>80381897
That's exactly the shit I was talking about though.

You don't rent a goddamn 2 bedroom apartment on minimum wage. Minimum wage means you're renting a single bedroom out of a 2-4 bedroom place, in which case I would bet every single one of those states becomes "below $14.50".

It baffles me that people think minimum wage earners should have their own private house and private kitchen and personal bathroom and personal living room. Should they get a butler, too? Should we add that into the living wage calculations? Shit.
>>
File: Oh.jpg (30 KB, 313x312) Image search: [Google]
Oh.jpg
30 KB, 313x312
>>80374418

When companies crash and burn bankrupted by the living wage, the life of peon's will look like a luxury to those backing the living wage. Even the minimum wage is a disaster for the private sector. Nice one.
>>
>>80376792
>implying that $7.25 and $15 per hour have the same monetary implications and provide the same incentive for capitalists to invest in automation
>>
>>80382418
>>implying that a person only capable of working at Taco Bell and McDonalds should be able to live despite having no defining abilities whatsoever at all
the right to live is a basic human right.
T. democracy
>>
>>80382290
It is, but that's not the narrative being put forward by minimum wage cucks, is it.

"Tyrone works 40 hours a week and that's too much! We need to raise minimum wage so he can work less!"
>>
>>80382097
>what is self-checkout
>what is using a touch screen for your order instead of a cashier
>>
>>80376153
You mean...millions of jobs in the agricultural sector?
>>
>>80381035
This happened in Oregon.
>>
>>80382731
>replacing a cashier means you've replaced the entire labor force
>>
>>80376792
>Automation will happen regardless.

That's the most retarded argument here.

Lots of things will happen "regardless" but that doesn't mean you should make stupid decisions to make them happen sooner.
>>
>>80382848

The food line is practically automated anyway. They would just need to tie it all together and have someone re supply it once in awhile.
>>
File: minimumwage.png (331 KB, 753x509) Image search: [Google]
minimumwage.png
331 KB, 753x509
>>80374567
>Democrats dangle unfeasible piece of bacon in front of their mewling pets that can't see past the next ten minutes
>>
File: topkek.png (82 KB, 406x376) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
82 KB, 406x376
>>80374418
>currentyear
>still uneducated pleb
>still shilling
>still statist power-mongrel
>>
>>80377615
>fast food workers dont earn their wage
>fast food chains make big profits year on year
>>
>>80374418
>Higher minimum wage = less jobs
>Higher minimum wage = more businesses automating jobs with robots
>>
>>80382848
Just one example of low hanging fruit. We already know the days of fast food workers are numbered.

One guy in this thread said he was a meat cutter. I wonder how hard it would be to make a robot that can do his job. Apparently hard enough that places aren't rushing to replace him but as wages go up and robot costs go down, more jobs will go that route.

It might be inevitable that automation replaces most jobs involving rote mechanical tasks (like cutting meat or making sandwiches) but we speed it up by raising minimum wage, and leave a lot of under-educated people in the wind.
>>
>>80382995
That still doesn't even scrape the surface of the jobs that make up the labor force
>>
>>80376153
Even though ny and probably other states give ID's to people so they can get jobs while here illegally
>>
If employee costs go up, the prices go up if companies are still to make profit. So salaries go up and prices go up, and nothing changed. Do niggers not understand economics?
>>
File: truestory.png (191 KB, 1090x1024) Image search: [Google]
truestory.png
191 KB, 1090x1024
>>80374567
It is funny how Democrats blatantly try to buy votes.

This is why literally 95% of black people vote Democrat (true story). They also get the majority of the "high school or less" vote.
>>
File: minimumwage.png (592 KB, 776x657) Image search: [Google]
minimumwage.png
592 KB, 776x657
>>80383001
edited it so the fact that it's talking about min wage is more obvious
>>
>>80374418
no now my contracted job is going to pay less than minimum wage.
>>
>>80383133
I'm not saying it will never happen. I'm saying that anon is retarded for thinking the entire labor force will be replaced in the next 5 or so years
>>
>>80374991
No. Raising wages doesn't create more money in the market, it's only distribute more balanced.

However some things may get more expensive (Poor's Man Needs), others may get cheaper (luxury stuff). But overall it won't cause an actual inflation.

Actually it may slow down the inflation. Since less people will have to take debts so this mean banks will not create money out of nothing as fast as they do now...
>>
>>80376470
>ireland
>84,421 km2
>6,378,000

>usa
>9,833,517 km2
>323,625,762

something something 116 times as big
something something 50 times as many people
something something from $15.00 (or for now $7.25) per hour per employee to $3.00 per hour per employee
60 employees? 6 hours per day? for one week? disregarding taxes?
legal: $18,270.00 (soon to be: $37.800)
illegal: $7.560
something something soon to be 5 times as cheap
here's your reply.
>>
>>80382995
Yea no.
Things like service staff can be replaced entirely, but robots arent good enough to cook food
>>
>>80383229
Fast food workers are about 2.4% of the labor force. Retail is another 3.3%.

"Restaurant workers" is a solid 10% of all employees in America (but some of them will survive. There will always be nice restaurants where people don't want a robot serving them, but I bet a lot of those kitchen workers and all of the lower end chain workers will go.)
>>
>>80382258
Of course I've realized this Gary, that was the point of the post
>>
>>80382810
OF COURSHE
>>
>>80382541
Yeah like I said you'd need to rerun the numbers.

Knock it down to a studio or single bedroom apartment (minimum standard of living) would remove probably $2-3 from those numbers, then factor out the super nice areas and look at areas where rent is cheaper like the lower-income neighborhoods, and you'd save probably another $2-3 again.

You would end up with a min wage around $7.50 in Arkansas for example, which is hardly a bump from what the Federal is now.

You could even make the argument, I think, that the states could diversify it further based on cities (in Jew York City for example, not even 2 or 3 workers rooming together could afford a studio, but out in the actual state area farther away from the city it's substantially cheaper).

Then all you have to do is ban companies from hiring blacks, indians, or mexicans, and you've solved both the unemployment and poverty problem.
>>
>>80375270
>speed up the automation of jobs
How is this bad?
Once the whole world is on automation, communism will became a thing, it will just impose itself as the only solution. Actual communism not some USSR BS...

Also money will disappear, and the goals of production will become based on human needs.
>>
I'm confused... Are there actually adults in America that work for minimum wage? I never made anything less than $9 an hour, and I first made over $15 an hour when I was 24, working in a lumberyard. No high school diploma, and obviously no college.
>>
>>80377142
>student bills and loans
>implying most of them didn't do a shit study and fucked themselves over
>implying most of them did any form of research on how viable their job opportunities were for their study
Should've asked those questions. If they had been STEM honours students, you might've a point, however if they're your run-off-the-mill gender studies student, you can't blame the system for the failures which where definitely the fault of the student in question.
>>
>>80382664
(((democracy)))
>>
File: image.gif (19 KB, 132x42) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
19 KB, 132x42
Commieforna here
I'm a lead line going on sous chef at a popular bar/pub in my city , I'm going to have to leave California when it goes to 15$/hr

fast food places are already building and preparing automatic establishments where only one person works, the person over the order intercom ? From Arazona where min wage is lower

To compete , non fast food places are going to really jack up the prices, and here they are already marked up to ridiculous levels just to break even, and no ones going to be able to afford it.
15$/hr is going to fucking murder the more traditional industry
>>
>>80374418
Minimum wage jobs are for students and unskilled morons who wasted their time not learning a valuable skill to make money from.
>>
>>80377643
>paying $7 for a sandwich
what the fuck?
>>
>>80374418
democrats dont control the legislative branch. state level adjustments above the federally mandated level are already in place

are blue states ready to admit they are wrong or do you want more jobs to flood red states? because the red states wont budge. not happening
>>
>>80378391
A real job. Not some bullshit at KFC.
>>
>>80374418
We don't need a raised minimum wage, we need jobs
>>
>>80374418
sage
>>
>>80383636
Not just that but 98% of Ireland is made up of White Irish with some kind of formal education meaning they have skills. In the US there are entire areas made up of uneducated minorities.
>>
>>80374418
I already make a living wage because I did my homework but thanks anyways /pol/
>>
>>80384040
Exactly, the end of days
>>
>>80384125
>>>/S/yria
>>
>>80374418
$15/hr. minimum wage would never pass congress. The Democrats are b8ing, and doing a pretty good job of it.
>>
>>80374418
I'm 18, working at a gas station. If this happens I know I lose my job, no work means if I want to go to college I can't save, I have to take out a loan, then I get buttblasted by student debt

Thanks for embracing this
>>
>>80374567
It's not unfeasible, it's just going to make fast food restaurants more palatable since i wont have to interact with negroes.

And they'll go find shit jobs elsewhere.
>>
>>80374418
Is life really that expensive in America that they'd need $15/hour to merely survive?
>>
>>80384385
Gonna have to agree, Republican controlled Legislature will not pass it
>>
>>80374418

OP, so pathetic he needs his mommy Hillary to make his mean boss give him a raise.

Liberal cucks are the worst cucks.
>>
>>80378329
This lol
You can literally get paid 30 dollaroos to bartend or babysit
>>
TBQH I'm not sure exactly how production ready the burger flipping robot is. Even if it is , I don't think Robotics can as yet, replace most of the low paying jobs.

Ironically the vast majority of jobs that robotics/automation will replace are actually medium paying jobs. This is the sad truth of Automation.
>>
>>80384039
I'm still arguing that even a single bedroom or studio apartment is above "minimum standard of living".

Minimum standard of living should be renting a single room from a larger unit.

Studio apartments are considered a luxury in more expensive cities purely because you have a whole place to yourself.
>>
>>80383543
What are you? On mobile
>>
>>80374567
>I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years -LBJ
>>
>222 replies

I already know /pol/ is too stupid and underage to realise the true issue is the massive ceo salary increases of the 80s and before, so let's skip to the other issue.

The difference between minimum wage and liveable wage.
>>
>>80382664
>implying an arbitrary list of """"""""""""basic human rights""""""""""" is somehow relevant
>implying that the right to live means you can slack off and be a failure
Either educate yourself and get a real job. Or be a failure for the rest of your life working 84 hours at Mc Donalds. $2436 dollars is pretty reasonable per month right? Just 12 hours a day. No human rights are violated here at all. Fuck off. Democracy does not need that arbitrary list of """basic human rights""""
>>
>>80383543
How does printing more money not cause loss of value/inflation?
>>
>>80374418
This shit will fucking ruin me. I have no college education. I have been struggling for 8 years now in the blistering sun, digging holes, laying wire, you tubing electrical schematics and how to determine capacitance and ohms in my free time (I work 60-80 hours a week so there isn't much of that).

For all of my effort, which I guarantee is 8 times more effort than any of these entitled children has ever put into ANYTHING in their life, I now make 20.40 per hour, having started at $9 8 years ago.

I am proud of myself, proud of my ability to provide for the needs of my family, and proud of my father for instilling a work ethic in me since I was young. I hope one day to make $30 an hour, this will be around the cap for my field.

That being said, they want to give entitled shits and degenerate scum $15 right off the bat? What have I been working for all these years? The value of my dollar is going to plummet and all of my work is going to have been for nothing.

I FUCKING HATE DEMOCRATS AND I FUCKING HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>80374418
I am getting ready to fire my worst preforming employees to make up for the wage increase and become a much leaner, profitable company. GJ dumbasses, you would rather earn $0/hr instead of $10/hr.
>>
>>80384543
Only in big metro areas like New York and LA. Which is why this whole concept is complete BS. In NY, you'll pay $2500 a month for a studio apartment too small for a queen sized bed. In most of the south, $2500 a month gets you a 5br home with acreage. $15 an hour is going to drive the south into economic ruin.
>>
>>80384538
Why the fuck did your parents not save for you? You can be a plumber or something like that right? Be realistic and work in the production/service sector. Save up, buy a house, get a wife, raise kids, save up for them, let them go to college? Are you such an egocentrical bitch that it's either you go to college by drowning yourself in debt, or no one ever goes to college at all?
>>
So does the UK get £350m a week in the NHS now?
>>
>>80384052
Only 1.3 million make actual federal minimum wage.

So about 0.9% of the work force....

Articles online say 42% make under $15/hour, though. Which is why this would probably wreck the economy. Not sure what happens when you give a pay raise to 42% of the people in the country but I bet it causes a lot of shockwaves.
>>
>>80385007
*The South, Midwest, Southwest, and any rural area not mentioned

Fixed
>>
>>80384887
Based electrician. You worked hard senpai, you deserve the pay, but for now, you're fucked.
You saving up for your children mate?
Got a wife?
>>
>>80374991
Globally prices wont change much at all, but many small buisiness will be forced to raise their prices while big companies will maintain prices because they can eat the extra cost.
>>
>>80374418
So if i make 15$ an hour now what happens to me? Do i just end up making minimum wage which ive busted my ass to get away from for years or will i get a raise to compensate me?
>>
>>80374418
Oh yay, I can have my living standard lowered to that of minimum wage workers because I make $11 as an EMT and my income will not go up to match.
>>
>>80385153
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>>>>>42%
>mfw the dems are literally going to force a raise for 42% of the population
hahahahhahahahahhahahhaha
jesus christ this so fucked up I don't even anymore
>>
>>80385153
Tack one fucking dollar onto the minimum wage and I bet you 10% make that amount of less dude.

Sure only 1% make minimum wage, that's because you typically get some token raise of .25 or so at any minimum wage job after 30-90 days.

If the minimum wage is 7.50 and you're making 7.80, that's fucking minimum wage m8
>>
>>80385281
You will obviously not get a raise and your standard of living will decrease to match Jamal and Tyrone that are working at McDonalds.

At least everybody is eating shit together though!
>>
>>80385281
You'll probably be laid off and get no money depending on your seniority in the company you work for.
>>
>>80382731
Maybe 1 in 5 places actually use these. And of them, it's literally cheaper to just hire someone, even for $15 an hour, than buy these pricey machines and keep up with maintenance. I hope you aren't basing these opinions off that CGPgrey video are you? Because that's been blown to holy hell by most economists
>>
>>80385225
I am 26 and my fiancée is pregnant with my son. I am so proud, I have never felt more alive in my whole life. I'm really diving into my work and studying in my free time more intensely than I ever have now.
>>
>>80384706
It's not right to have to share where you shit.
>>
I want to make $15 (oh wait I already do) and be forced to pay $5 for a loaf of bread and $7 for a gallon of milk
>>
>>80374418

I can finally earn the $15 dollars an hour the market doesn't support! I'll be flipping burgers for life. This is great. I'm with Her!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.