[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 34
File: wobbling.jpg (53 KB, 960x661) Image search: [Google]
wobbling.jpg
53 KB, 960x661
I just discovered something very disturbing: The whole idea of quantum mechanics is nothing more than an elaborate ruse to keep intelligent people busy with irrelevant made up bullshit.

Those in power fear intelligence. They fear people who can think for themselves, and who would consequently threaten their power. Hence they created a meme field with seemingly complicated mathematics and spread the rumour of QM being the hardest and most scientific field in existence. They literally made up some quasi-mystical aura that compels the brightest minds to waste their time with it, only so that said bright minds don't ever think about questioning that which is really important and never threaten the status quo. QM is complely made up and the books on QM, RQM, QFT, QED, QCD, ST and whatever other bullshit theories they invented are written intentionally convoluted in order to keep up the illusion of being intellectually challenging and to take away more time from the gifted people who read them. Now look at the names of textbook authors in QM. "Coincidentally" these "researchers" happen to be named *berg, *stein, *blatt, ...

Let's be serious: Have you ever seen a proof of quantum mechanics existing? Of course not, because the whole theory is supposedly about things which cannot be observed ("uncertainty principle").

So, if you're reading this and you consider yourself scientifically inclined and intelligent, don't fall for the QM meme. Remain a free thinker and don't get trapped by those who have bad intentions for our society.
>>
File: 1054_EinsteinplagiaristAndfraud.jpg (136 KB, 580x412) Image search: [Google]
1054_EinsteinplagiaristAndfraud.jpg
136 KB, 580x412
>>80363553
intredasting but you're not giving anything concrete, just broad sweeping statements.
relativity is pretty much jewish fraud bullshit designed to stifle fundamental physics research and i'm willing to believe QM is as well but i need more down on the ground data for that

on einstein and jewish bs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4V2LJ-vYQ
>>
>>80363553
>Discovering the science pill

congratulations.

anti-relativity.com
>>
>>80363553

>Hence they created a meme field
>meme field

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>80363553
>QM being the hardest and most scientific field in existence

It's actually very simple: you just calculate.

Sorry you are too retarded to understand quantum physics.
>>
>>80363553
How did you come to this conclusion? Also can you back it up somehow with something other than your words?
>>
>>80363553
What should our greatest minds be doing? Studying holocoust denial? Doing skull measurements on black people? Constructing a complex algorithm to explain why anime is degenerate? By the way, I would say most of our smartest people are going straight into finance after school not Quantum Physics.
>>
>>80363553
>pic name is wobbling
>GameCube controller
>>
>>80363553
>I just discovered something
Wow. You're fucking Christopher Columbus.
>>
File: 1465420295453.jpg (72 KB, 530x852) Image search: [Google]
1465420295453.jpg
72 KB, 530x852
>>80363553
>something dosent exists because i cant see it even when it explains a lot of things that couldnt be explained before
I bet you also think evolution is hoax, electricity isnt real and there is no gravity and the only thing that keeps you from flying off the planet are the evil jews.
Without QM things would turn invisible if they would just be hot enough, e.g. the sun would be invisible and certain effects of light couldnt be explained, e.g. Newton stuck a needle into his eye in an desperate attempt to explain light just being particles.
>>
I still don't get a good answer when I ask why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate
>>
>>80363553

> Have you ever seen a proof of quantum mechanics existing.

I've had to do several experiments of it myself and write very pain-in-the-ass lab reports.
>>
>>80367986
Or how the speed of light is the speed limit, but light from the beginning of the universe is hitting it's right now... meaning that the earth got here 13 billion light years before the light from those stars did
>>
>>80367986
It's because we observe it accelerating but we don't have a good grasp of what dark energy is that's accelerating it.
>>
>>80363553
A neet trying to hold a lecture about quantum mechanic not knowing the relation between photons and electrons. kys
>>
>>80363553

are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>80363553
/pol/ bait is getting increasingly sophisticated.
>>
>>80363553
>mfw wobble through my weekly to first place every time
>>
>>80363553
Spot on.
Jewish physics are just talmudic numerology played to an absurd extent.
It's to keep the goym brain working on completely useless bullshit.
Real aryan physics have died out.
Early NASA only used non einstein physics because everyone was a nazi.
Now all their rockets explode and everything goes wrong.
>>
>>80368297
People's faith in Dark Matter/Dark energy is no diffident than another's blind faith in God
>>
>>80369062
<-super christian here
Wholeheartedly agree. Like theological leanings, they are all theory.
>>
>>80363553
>doesn't know why his computer works
>doesn't understand the concept of "scientific theory"
>>
>>80368227
That's becasue space itself is expanding.
>>
>>80369458
Moshe Carmelli has it right. Dark energy and dark matter are fudge factors. His equations did not need them because he went up a dimension.
>>
>>80363553
Hoo-fucking-rah for the doublethink bait you're employing here.

> I just discovered something very disturbing: The whole idea of quantum mechanics is nothing more than an elaborate ruse to keep intelligent people busy with irrelevant made up bullshit.

You're trying to argue that this flat earth-tier bullshit isn't a ruse and your incredibly infantile understanding of physics, let alone quantum mechanics, is correct.
>>
I'm not sure if Einstein formulated his general relatively the empiric way, maybe only partly.
It only turned to empiricism when they looked for confirmation.

OP's pasta sounds like a hardcore empiricist

>>80367887
Evolution can be proven with empiricism.
Electricity and gravity is also proveable with pure empiricism.

I'm not sure how much of everything related to QM is done with the "proper" empiric way.
>>
>>80363553
You didn't discover anything.

To realize that QM is garbage, you have to study it first. You can't know that its wrong without trying to understand it first.

I am sure, judging by the nature of your post, that you haven't read a word of it. So what makes you such an expert?
>>
>>80363553
Kys. QM is everywhere. You wouldn't be able to type this shit if it wasn't for QM.
>>
>>80363553
The intellectual elite need their bread and circuses to be a little more sophisticated. But it's still just more bread and more circuses.
>>
>>80369854
>I'm not sure how much of everything related to QM is done with the "proper" empiric way.

Quantum effects are observed all the time in computer chips.
Both in production (lithography) and in the way they work.
>>
>>80367887
evolution is a theory, electrons don't "exist", gravity is still a theory explaining a force we can't see.
>>
>>80369854
>>80370259
Also there are plenty scientific experiments.

Like a recent one in Delft that proved quantum entanglement is real.
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/105905/tu-delft-bewijst-einsteins-ongelijk-met-verstrengelde-deeltjes.html
>>
>>80370259
I know.
But there are still a lot of things that are purely thought expiriments and/or mathematics.

There are empirical limits and not everything is proven yet.
Our senses are limited too.

>>80370445
So is it like general relativity?
Empiricism only came along once confirmation was sought?

Also I'm not denying anything here.
Scientific method =/= empiricism, as the scientific method doesn't rely on just empiricism.
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>mfw exposing bad icies
>>
File: 1467949976216-pol.jpg (60 KB, 390x488) Image search: [Google]
1467949976216-pol.jpg
60 KB, 390x488
Duh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc
Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall set you free.
>>
>>80371296
Hi, showbiz.
>>
File: multiple_slits.jpg (30 KB, 664x462) Image search: [Google]
multiple_slits.jpg
30 KB, 664x462
>>80371087
>So is it like general relativity?
>Empiricism only came along once confirmation was sought?

No.

Weird effects were observed first.
Like interference patterns in optical systems, that should not happen according to classic physics.
Quantum physics was invented to explain those.
>>
>>80371599
Live would have been better under Newtonian/Classic physics.
Prove me wrong, heh.

But QM things like uncertainty principle can't have empirical proof.
>>
>>80369854
Well experiments like Stern-Gerlach can show that spin can take on only certain discrete values, this can be explained via QM. But its important to understand that spin was a bit of a surprise, it had to added to qm in a ad hoc fashion (cf. Pauli matrices). It was only with the Dirac equation that a complete theoretical description of spin emerged.

There's also equipment, like MRI machines, that a based on spin (and something called the Rabi flopping frequency), again its qm that is needed to explain these things.
>>
File: catstorm.gif (2 MB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
catstorm.gif
2 MB, 300x262
>>80367887
finally another physicist ...

OP i dislike QM for other reasons (how they use pertrubation theory to "explain" everything larger than helium or how when they extend it in molecules etc)
Theories usually are spot on on certain domains where they are conceived.
classical mechanics is perfect for predicting most of the phenomena around the human/planet scales, GR is fantastic on the galactic/cosmological scale and QM is pretty damn good for hydrogen nuclei.
it's how theories interconnect when transitioning from one domain to the other that shows their value.
GR->CM is a beautiful transition, therefore it adds truth to both theories. QM->anything is mostly crap at the moment.
also for fucks sake. the posted videos are just plain idiotic. learn some basic physics before you start fantasizing that you found flaws in differential geometry (cause that's all that einstein said ;p)
>>
>>80369062
You might be on to something.
>>
>>80372446
If they're experiments they're of course done the empiric way, that's a given because of the definition of an experiment.
>>
>>80373143
Then I don't really get your objection.

>>80373008
>how they use pertrubation theory to "explain" everything larger than helium or how when they extend it in molecules

Applying qm to molecules is done using the variational principal, you can't really use perturbation theory on molecules since the repulsion of the electrons is on a similar order of magnitude to the central potential, so the perturbation is too large.

But other than that what do you have against perturbation theory?
>>
File: into.jpg (59 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
into.jpg
59 KB, 850x400
>>80363553

Drink your meds schizo, QM is the ultimate red pill.
>>
>>80372126
>Live would have been better under Newtonian/Classic physics.
>Prove me wrong, heh.

No micro transistors, so no computers, so yeah you would be out in the sun being happy instead of wasting your miserable life on 4chan.
>>
>>80373728
I never made an objection.

And I wasn't talking about expiriments.

The scientific method simply is not always 100% empiric.

>>80373739
>QM is literally the only way for micro transistors to exist even if laws were drastically different
If our universe was one where classical physics were true it would be different beyond comprehension so it's not like you can make a claim like that.
>>
>>80373728
yes the whole variational principle on very hard spheres and the math that follow leading to monstrosities like LCAO implies to me from it's non constructive ugliness that it's not right.
approximations on those beasts with pertrubation theory may give us some results but i know of a few cases (and i suppose there will be more) that the result doesn't even hold mathematically (sometimes they don't even check for convergence on their solved models).
of course feel free to shoot, i've stopped working in anything related to QM methodologies for at least 10yrs now and it was never a field i enjoyed.
>>
>>80374354
>If our universe was one where classical physics were true it would be different beyond comprehension

No it wouldn't.
Because in that case small particles would act exactly like larger objects do.
And there is just no way to make larger objects do interesting stuff.

We would basically be stuck to using mechanical computers.
>>
File: Carl_Sagan1.jpg (39 KB, 388x512) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Sagan1.jpg
39 KB, 388x512
>>80363553
Physics PhD student studying for their qualifying exam here: Believe me when I say I hate quantum mechanics as much as anyone. I hate normalizing wave functions, I hate solving the TDSE for hamiltonian after hamiltonian, I hate commutator relations, I hate doing degenerate perturbation theory, I hate transmission coefficients, I hate it all. It's frustrating, irritating, and unlike E&M or mechanics there's very little physical intuition for the results you get.

... and the only thing more frustrating and irritating than all of that is the fact that quantum mechanics objectively, unequivocally works.

Relativity and quantum physics were developed as a response to phenomena and experimental results that classical physics COULD NOT EXPLAIN. These models have survived more than a century of criticism, scrutiny, and scientific inquiry and have been demonstrated valid time and time again. It's easy to scoff at how ridiculous quantum mechanics is until you see a discrete emission spectrum or a superconductor suddenly levitate with your own eyes.

Incidentally, this is my day off and I've got nothing on my plate today, so if anybody's got any pressing physics/astronomy/etc questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
>>
>>80375292
But the speed of light would be infinite and objects wouldn't have a speed limit either and there'd be no time dilation.
Surely that's interesting enough.
>>
File: 17565h.jpg (108 KB, 501x500) Image search: [Google]
17565h.jpg
108 KB, 501x500
This is where the right-wing starts being faggots. When they hinder technological progress.
>>
>>80374865
Fair enough then. I've got to say I don't like the field much either, it's often just a hodgepodge of mathematical methods loosely strung together with clear disconnects between them (contrast that with something like GR). But I don't doubt it's "correctness" nor how "right" it is.

I can see what you're saying, and if I'm honest I agree, personally I've always thought that at some point in the future a more rigorous and generally better approach to doing QM will be discovered. But just because I don't like it's approach, doesn't mean that I doubt it's correctness.

>i know of a few cases (and i suppose there will be more) that the result doesn't even hold

I'd be interested to see these cases.
>>
>>80375749
I assumed relativity would still apply.
>>
File: carl_sagan2.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
carl_sagan2.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>80374354
>Live would have been better under Newtonian/Classic physics. Prove me wrong, heh.
Without Pauli Exclusion there would be no atomic/chemical behavior. There would be no life.

A classical universe would be a very very boring place.
>>
>>80375670
Just an undergraduate here but basically this.

Imo if op was ranting about string theory he'd be pretty close though.
>>
>>80369458
nigga pls
>speed of light is the limit but space can expand faster than that
>>
>>80371520
Why have i not heard of this before?
And what's with that whiny man derailing the q&a with the many worlds and poincare time?
>>
>>80377786
>There would be no life.
Thanks for proving me right

>>80376688
Newtonian physics was superseded by relatively.
So relatively wouldn't be.

But maybe I should have been been clearer
>>
>>80375670
what's your view on determinism ?
>>
>>80363553
Have you ever seen proof of me existing aside from this only post you're going to get from me?
>>
>>80379591
Dude, I'm behind you.
>>
File: NaziInventions.jpg (528 KB, 980x3952) Image search: [Google]
NaziInventions.jpg
528 KB, 980x3952
>>80368864
Damn. That explains a lot actually. Anyone know what Space X has to say a bout Jew physics? Musk is an Afrikaner.
>>
>>80380230
Ak-47 was internally closer to an M1 Garand.
>>
>>80376378
i'm sorry bro i tried to find it but i can't after so many years. what i had in mind was a paper by economou and soukoulis in the early 90s that luckily a nobel prize winner that was a master in the field sent a correction to the journal on the next volume so it got retracted.

i'm watching that ron garret google techtalk video that the other anon posted above and it's very interesting indeed (nothing to do with the baiting title of it of course...) so i think i'm off the thread.
all the best.
>>
>>80363553
>Have you ever seen a proof of quantum mechanics existing?
Yes, I've done experiments verifying basic quantum effects before. Kill yourself Ahmed.
>>
>>80369062
>>80368297
>>80369779

Exactly. Dark energy is the stupidest shit ever.

True scientists dont ask WHAT you know, they ask HOW you know. In the case of Dark Energy, it's pretty embarrasing.

1) Einstein's E=mC^2 seems to be a promising theory, explains some observations
2) Suddenly, it fails to explain how quickly the universe is accellerating.
3) IF einstein is right, there MUST be more mass than we're observing
4) SO since einstein must be right, there must exist that which we cannot observe, ie. Dark Energy
5) Dark Energy exists

What's that? The model doesnt explain the data? Well it cant be the model!! Must be the data!

>mfw you can literally use this type of Modus Tollens inference to infer ANYTHING that you have no evidence for, so long as you assume a principle. ie. you can "prove" God with this type of reasoning

>2016, still believing the "Scientists are smart" meme
5)
>>
>>80381635
Prove you weren't psychotic.
>>
>>80363553
>ruse to keep intelligent people busy with irrelevant made up bullshit
Intelligent people don't fall for ruses
QED motha fucka
>>
>>80381680
We have observed that the universe is accelerating in its expansion, so therefore there must be additional energy causing this acceleration. We literally don't know anything other than that.

>muh model
The big bang is a very robust theory that has some problems, but has tons of evidence supporting it (cosmic microwave background, homogeneity of space, and so on).
>>
>>80363553
>muh Jewish science

Come on, Hans.
>>
Models only have to be consistent with data and be useful.
>>
You are kind of right and wrong at the same time.
QM and its extensions to fields are legit models, but since they require fairly advanced mathematics for laymen, the field's mystery(to laymen) does contribute to the pseudo-metaphysical cult of science as a way to legitimate the Ivory tower of academia and shut down everything that doesn't fit inside said reductionist view. But it's a collateral effect, not deliberate, QM is complex because of its genesis and because of how far has mathematics advanced.
>>
>>80363553
so now that you figured out this big "conspiracy" to stop you from learning knowledge...

...what is this now going you to enable you to accomplish in life, and if anyone else listens to your bullshit thesis, what will it allow them to accomplish?

Your words seem without worth. They dont seem to add any efficiency to a person's life
>>
>>80382094
Go on....babby's first logic class

1)Universe is accellerating
2) Accelleration must be caused by more energy
3) E=mc^2, thus there must be more mass
4) Yet we dont observe any other mass, so there must be "Unobservable Mass"
5) Let's call it Dark Energy
6) Thus, that which we cannot scientifically observe must exist, because muhh einstein.

Once you start allowing unobservables into your model, you've gone full retard
>>
>>80382094
Please go on however.

I'd love to hear your take on why "Background Radiation" apparently proves the big bang theory. Unless what you mean is that its CONSISTENT with the big bang theory, which is different, but perhaps valid.
>>
>>80382534
You are a moron that is mixing up Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

>unobservables
Completely false. We observe the effects of both Dark Matter and Dark Energy. Educate yourself.
>>
>>80363553
The sun is 4,000 miles away and is a transformer and the moon makes its own light. All the shit in space has always been there. The earth is 6000 years old. Earth is flat with ice wall and hell is underneath. PLANEt
>>
File: carl3.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
carl3.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>80379386
That's getting into philosophy and that's way outside my area of expertise. I don't know if free will exists or if things are predetermined.

My own personal opinion is that it doesn't matter - any sufficiently complex system will display chaotic and dramatically different behavior based on its boundary conditions. If we do live in a deterministic existence, it is an existence so complex and chaotic that there is no observational difference between the illusion of free will and free will itself.

Short version - don't worry about it.
>>
>>80369458
So your claim is that the universe is expanding at 13 billion times the speed of light.

Do you care to repeal or elaborate on that claim or are you just going to be proven a fucking idiot right here.
>>
OP is fucking right.

The earth is flat and you don't have the proof to disprove it. Seriously look at the earth. It is as flat as a pancake.

Hah, fuck you new science. The old science was better anyways.
>>
>>80382641
I never said "prove." Don't put words in my mouth. Literally everywhere throughout the universe, we see a constant, homogeneous background radiation. This implies that at one point in time, the universe was in thermodynamic equilibrium and thus that all of the universe was confined in a small space at one point in time. The big bang theory explains all of this as well as other effects such as the distribution of galaxies.
>>
>>80381635
And some people claim they have spoken to god.
Hard to disprove someone claiming something he believes that happened to him.
>>
>>80383009
Yep. Also aliens are demons
>>
>>80383065
Explain this without Quantum Mechanics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkiEQTpqgU
>>
>>80381680
>>80369779

This desu. Cosmic expansion versus distance predicted by Hubble was found not to conform to uniform expansion with distance.

Thus a fudge factor by an unobservable phenomenon was introduced "dark energy". Wtf is it? Why can't we measure it on the macro scale instead of relying on galactic redshifts?

Fudge factors are usually a sign that a theory is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>80363553
>I just discovered something very disturbing: The whole idea of quantum mechanics is nothing more than an elaborate ruse to keep intelligent people busy with irrelevant made up bullshit.
genius
>>
>>80363553

pretty sure this is also why governments fund phd scientists.

but quantum mechanics is real...otherwise how do you explain diffraction? how do you explain the delayed-choice double-slit experiment?
>>
>>80383036
why does it imply that?

i'm honestly interested to hear it from someone who is confident in their understanding of it.

Many of the things we "know" are based off of this "cosmic background radiation". I think thats how the astrophysicists try to "date" the universe.

So why exactly does the presence of this radiation imply that everything was in one spot? is it just the diffraction pattern or what?
>>
>>80383223
I love how all these electronics can just go through van allen
>>
>>80363553
>I don't understand quantum mechanics
>Therefore it's a big Jewish conspiracy.

lol. Fucking retard.
>>
>>80383214
Density?
>>
>>80383289
This merely shows that light behaves as a wave as well as photonically.
>>
DFT researcher here
have fun surviving without catalysts, Mohamed
>>
>>80383495
>chemistry is QM
Muh shroedingers cat muh double eye slit experiment muh horizons
>>
>>80363553

Physicist checking in. An exited electron in an ion loses it´s energy be emitting a photon and this can easily be detected and veryfied, including measuring the energy of said single photon.

This is quantum physics.

>OP is retarded
>>
>>80383707
Excited by what? Radiation?
>>
>>80383329
Thermodynamic equilibrium means that there is no net transfer flow of energy within a system. A property of this is the system has a constant temperature everywhere.

Now obviously, the universe right now isn't currently in thermodynamic equilibrium (energy flows from the sun to us for example). However, there is a constant background radiation that exists literally everywhere we look in the universe. That does not happen by accident; that means space had to have been in thermodynamic equilibrium at some point otherwise this nearly homogeneous background radiation would not exist. The big bang theory explains why the CMB exists.
>>
The ideas presented in quantum mechanics are fairly simple when you discard the idea of determinism.

"Pop science" just makes it look all magical by fluffing it up with all kinds of horse-shit conjecture by people who are desperate for funding so need to make it look all "woo-woo" for the camera so people are like "OMG WE NEED TO RESEARCH THIS BECAUSE THEN WE CAN PROVE/DISPROVE GOD"

Even though the reality is much more boring.

And of course they deliberately use terminology that confuses ameritards who are incapable of juggling more than one definition for the same word. Such as "observation".
>>
>>80375670

there's no "meaning of life" in the equations, right?

i mean, there's not a reason to avoid ruthless power-seeking (since it worked for today's evolutionary winners)?

i'm asking you because you understand more of the world than philosophers/religious people.
>>
Allahu Akbar!

The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
I love American99% and the U.S.
Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.

Allahu Akbar!
>>
File: HeisenbergnGod.jpg (38 KB, 461x375) Image search: [Google]
HeisenbergnGod.jpg
38 KB, 461x375
>>
>>80382643
i just looked up the difference between dark matter and dark energy, and though the terms are used in different situations, my critique of their epistmic status is valid for both.

1) Galaxies exist
2) Our current theory of mass says that there would need to be more matter than there appears to be in order to stay together
3) Thus, there must be dark matter we cannot observe
4) Unobservables exist

and
1) Universe expanding faster than we think
>tldr
5) THere must be unobservable energy

It's cute how you try to sidestep this argument by saying "but nooo we can observe their effects!" except that you cant since you're ASSUMING they the effects are effects of that which you dont observe, which is an assumption not an observation.

>2016, being this bad at epistemology
>>
>>80383878
There is a black sun. That is all. People are manic not because of electrical lithium mood regulating deficiency that allows you to drink more alcohol. It is infrared and the moon. The sun is not a nuclear reactor
>>
>>80383478
The Meissner effect.

>>80383909
Well it depends on what you consider "boring," but in a nutshell this. Pop scientists dress up QM to be some spooky thing.
>>
>>80383806

Can be exited by another photon, or just by ion-ion collision, can be exited/ionized through and electric field... many possibilities.
>>
>>80383329
Cosmic background spectrum is almost an exact fit for the ideal black-body radiation spectrum. It's almost exactly the same in all directions (modulo some absolutely miniscule gravity-induced effects).

All these things must be true for the CMB to exhibit the properties it does:
>a) Space in the distant past behaved like space in the present in terms of electromagnetic transmission and propagation of fields
>b) The "temperature" of the CMB corresponds almost precisely with the red-shifted temperature at which atomic hydrogen becomes transparent to EM radiation
>c) Anisotropy in the background radiation almost exactly corresponds to the structure of mass distribution in the present universe
>>
>>80383707
Sounds like pseudoscience.
>>80383214
Why don't you use quantum mechanics to explain this?
>>
>>80363553
Autism? Bait? Nobody knows.
>>
File: quantum entangle this.jpg (132 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
quantum entangle this.jpg
132 KB, 500x333
Inherently speaking, existence as a whole is simply a toggle.

You switch it on.

You switch it off.

End of discussion.

Beginning of discussion.
>>
>>80384077
>meissner
Why don't ice cubes sink in water? Put ice in liquid nitrogen. The iron or the magnets there matter not. Just temperatures. We need to do vibrational and light pattern medicines
>>
>>80383806
It's excited by the global jewish conspiracy to make arabs have sex with white women.
>>
>>80382463
I think he is saying that people should focus on more practical things, instead of dreaming in something that may not be thruth.
But I dont agree with him, what makes The human real human is The way he pearcive The universe, The more we understand it, The better we can use it to our benefit. Sure scientist dont invent anything, but they are The base of all The inventions, and without a strong base, our ideas would just be ideas.
>>
>>80384094
>photon
So. Radiation. And then if we do electricity or your "many other possibilities" are we still talking about quantum mechanics? Is electricity a quantum function?
>>
>>80384112
>Sounds like pseudoscience.

Pseudoscience means it's unfalsifiable or disproven. He said photons can be verified.
>>
>>80384112
>Why don't you use quantum mechanics to explain this?
The expulsion of magnetic fields from a superconductor.

>>80384215
>Why don't ice cubes sink in water?
Are you a moron? Ice is less dense than water. This is like first grade stuff.
>>
>>80363553
Yep this is all true

>here is the real secret. Flat Earth , God is real

and this picture is the decripted great pyramid

>the image is representative of your flesh cage, seed of the serpent seed of the woman, and then as the souls above so the souls are devoured below
>>
>>80363553
it's okay to question, but you're wrong on this. QM is not at all complicated compared to some meme theories (super-symmetry, string theories...), and has been verified in experiments over many decades. the transistors in your computer's processor rely on mathematics of QM being real.
>>
It's bizarre how a thread like this only gets 100+ posts when a German makes it.
>>
>>80384332
Yeah. I said fucking density. Then meissner. Then related the density. Now it's density again. I fucking hate this board
>>
>>80384067
Yes, I am obviously assuming that our current theories (general relativity and the big bang) aren't completely wrong since they work extremely well in practice and make accurate predictions. Learn how science works.
>>
File: 1461178225781.jpg (93 KB, 475x375) Image search: [Google]
1461178225781.jpg
93 KB, 475x375
>>80384112
>Sounds like pseudoscience.
>>
>>80384502
It is. Also science is a religion
>>
>what is tunneling effect
>what are atom orbitals
>>
>>80384405
String theory is a hypothesis. The fact that it's called a theory is an abomination to empirical thought.
>>
File: jewforce.png (2 KB, 145x75) Image search: [Google]
jewforce.png
2 KB, 145x75
>>80384390

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTrZJrLbsoN171bMFQKN5Xw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3NFHqD3AAU90eqhI5XvOFA
>>
>>80363553
retard
>>
>>80384572
>bringing up things already brought up and left unanswered by your side
>>
>>80384492
>ice cubes and superconductors are analogs to each other
Get it together leaf.
>>
>>80384390

this is also the fall of man , enjoy your Iphones
>>
I hope Plup takes Evo desu.
If Armada gets knocked out, he might have a chance. He's beaten all the other gods before, so it's possible.
>>
File: 1465609077022.jpg (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1465609077022.jpg
40 KB, 625x626
>>80384324

>not knowing the difference between electricity and an electric field.

WTF man, this is high school physics. Exciting an electron that is part of an ion or ripping it off is quantum mechanics, not matter the method.

You throw retarded words around that don´t even make sense.

>is electricity a quantum function
???
>>
>>80363553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpof96pVx-c

Daily reminder this is first step to White/Aryan Careerism as Europeans begin to reject the culture of "experts say" in favour of survival.
>>
>>80384117
>Autism? Bait? Nobody knows.
this thread, like most of /pol/, is an incredible mix of the two
>>
kill yourself OP
>>
>>80384677
Yeah. They are. Where is muh meissner here. I misspoke just now when i implied i had said meissner. Temperature. That is all. A superconductor is a mere quick temperature regulator. No 'magnets and how do they work' bullshit is making it levitate or do anything. Ice is water. Freeze it. Put it in water. Y u no balance out or sink at all? Same shit here
>>
>>80384564
No. Religion is when a bunch of fags try to rationalize the guilt they feel after trading hand jobs to each other so they make up some sky person who looks down on them in shame.

So they pretend to be pious and treat anybody who questions them like shit.

That's religion.

Science/empiricism is the distillation of knowledge. Only that which can be tested can be presented as fact. A model of reality is then derived based upon that which can be falsified but has yet to be.

Basically religion is being a fucking retard that accepts everything they are told without question.

Science is accepting nothing without question.
>>
14,30,37,43,48,powerball 05
>>
>>80363553
And people wonder why obummer killed NASA on his first term. Someone is trying to frustrate stem folks.
>>
>>80382534

Wow, fucking retard you didn't even use dark energy right.

This thread is sickening. Anti-intellectuals who honestly don't have a clue. Spending an hour on YouTube does not make you an expert in QM. Honestly kill yourself before you perpetuate your strain of mental illness forward. Humanity would be better off without you and op.
>>
>>80384815
ceasarism***

Wew lad
>>
>>80363553
>>>/x/
>>>/sci/

get the fuck out of here
this is /pol/
>>
>>80363553
Highly intelligent people will always find something to mentally masturbate over. Whether it be quantum physics, religion, or philosophy.
It comes from humans natural curiosity mixed with a high IQ.
You're right though most of that shit doesn't really matter in the end. It's just mental masturbation.
>>
>>80384794
Nukes are fake. Fission and fusion. Get a bit of enriched uranium. Hit it with a hammer. Destroy japan. Nah. An electric field is therefore free and self replicating a la tesla but thats not how you made us see things. How are you getting that electrical field? Catalysis of water? Lel good luck
>>
>>80384493
>says ""learn how science works"
> is literally advocating for assuming that whole theories are correct to the point of supposing the existence of entirely unobservable, unfalsifiable boogey monsters exist, even though they're impossible to see, just because that would validate the theory
>has no idea what science is

This is what is wrong with science today. It's been taken over by fanatics who dont know how to think.
>>
>>80363553
>can't be observed
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHSAHAHAAHA
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAAH
>>
>>80384955
>farnsworthes and wormstroms at conventions aren't circle jerking and are completely accepting of criticism
>>
>>80385048
see>>80384067
>>
>>80384951
Superconductivity is the property of some materials in which the electrical resistance essentially goes to zero once it is cooled below some critical temperature. This allows you to observe some quantum effects on a macroscopic scale. The floating magnet thing has nothing to do with the magnetic itself, but with the superconducting material which expulses magnetic fields.
>>
>>80385069
Mental masturbation that is confirmed to be practical and useful every time you use your phone/computer.
>>
>>80385262
It's not that it can't be observed. You use your lack of skills in that regard to make false interpretations. Intuition is worth more than visualisation
>>
>>80363553
>1 post
>>
Let's face it. We're are all supposed to go to liberal arts schools. Because maths is raysis.
>>
>>80385371
Exactly what i said and on which ive also elbaorated and found myself but in a more direct manner
>>
>>80363553
I hope you have autism. Otherwise, were you the norm in those showing some level of intelligence and study, Germany really is fucked in the near future.
>>
>>80385126
>Nukes are fake. Fission and fusion. Get a bit of enriched uranium. Hit it with a hammer. Destroy japan.

I hope you're just messing.
>>
File: 1459000053936.png (56 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
1459000053936.png
56 KB, 300x251
>>80385126

Create an electric field using a capacitor?

Also there "the hammer" version of the nuke is rarely used, there are more efficient ways.

>fusion is fake
what is the sun?
>fission is fake
Yeah colliding things sure doesn´t work and all nuclear power plants are fake too, right?
>>
>this thread

is /pol/ more schizophrenic than /x/?
>>
>>80385222
Until someone develops a model that better explains these phenomena the current one is the most useful as it's predictions are reliably measured to be correct. Doesn't mean it matches reality precisely, just better than any other model.
>>
>>80385222
>implying you have any idea how to think
You're just a moron talking about things you don't understand.

There are many, many things in science that were proposed to exist, but never directly observed (ex. neutrinos). Predictions came about due to existing evidence and theory. Later, better technology allowed scientists to observe these things and 100% confirm their existence.

It's more or less the same shit here. Existing theory and evidence predicts the existence of both dark matter and dark energy. Have we directly observed them? No. But we can see their effects (this means that by definition they are not "unobservable.") Unless you want to completely disprove general relatively, we have very good reason to believe these things exist. Go kys.
>>
>>80363553
>I don't understand quantum mechanics so Its a jewish trick
>>
>>80385546
Your prime minister knows a lot about the subject. Ask him.
>>
>>80384103
>>80383878
So forgive me if i use the wrong words, but let me see if i get the gist of it.

Energy spreads out naturally, like diffusion. We observe energy (radiation) that is so goddamn constantly spread out, that it must have been in equilibrium at some point. That's the singularity at the start of the big bang?
>>
>>80385718

Don't know what its with Germans today. Theres another claiming some people want to mechanically extract his soul
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 375x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 375x273
>>80363553
>QM is made up
>t. failed 200-level QM course

Nice try, faggot. Go back to flat earther shit, you'll have better luck with that.
>>
>>80385585
That's why i said fission fusion. And i already spoke of your other shit here and i guess you were wrong on hammer so you're wrong on hydrogen bombs too. Muh big sun hydrogen master. Lel. Fake. And heterosexual. Ok so you created some electricity now. With a machine. No QM has come into your original excited electron example. Radiation is heterosexual and misunderstood and QM is always irrelevant. It didn't separate your electron. Physical forces did
>>
TVs and GPS require quantum mechanics in the calculations that make them work.

At least old school TVs. The electrons firing at the screen in CRT TVs move at significant proportions of the speed of light and are thus at different locations at given times and have different masses, in accordance with effects described in quantum mechanics. Altering their trajectory to hit the right pixel thing (the name escapes me) requires adjusting for those effects.

Likewise, GPS satellites basically use quantum mechanics to calculate positions. I forget exactly how, but you can look it up.

If quantum mechanics was a meme science, then CRT TVs would not work as they're built and GPS wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>80385927
I can't stand the guy and he quoted from a wiki article that you are the prime owner of or some shit. Don't pretend to know anything
>>
>>80386012
>failing QM
Wut? Shit's easy af.
>>
>>80385566
That is the essence of the nuke argument. Two tubes. Muh special played around with with fake shit, uranium in one tube. Drop it on the floor. Muh iron from the empty second tube excites this special cakey shit and kablammo
>>
>>80386111
GPS doesn't exist
>>
>>80367887
The standard model of physics is ~95% inconsistent with observed reality without dark matter, a variable that by definition is unprovable and therefore also impossible to disprove. This means that the standard model of physics directly contradicts the scientific method.
>>
>>80385791
no, you're in denial.

It's not about what is "observed" per-se. That word is a red-herring. It's about the Epistemic status of something, ie. "How you know it".

We know about neutrinos because their existence explains something we can observe, the experiment with the vats deep underground. The epistemic process is thus:
"If neutrinos exist, we'd observe X. We see X, thus neutrinos exist." It's a simple inference.

Its completely different with Dark Matter or Dark Energy. Instead the epistemic process is thus:
"If this theory were true, we'd see X. We dont see X, thus X exists, but we must not be able to see it"

Thus the epistemic status of Neutrinos is substantially different than that of Dark Matter, for example.

One of them is good science, the other one is foot stamping foolishness used to sell magazines.
>>
>>80385979
>Energy spreads out naturally, like diffusion.
Well it would diffuse radially from a point sources, yes.

And yes, it's it's nearly uniform and constant everywhere. Essentially, it is left over energy from the big bang.
>>
>>80363553
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik
>>
File: chess1.jpg (35 KB, 161x161) Image search: [Google]
chess1.jpg
35 KB, 161x161
>>80377944
Metric expansion. The scale of your coordinate space changing doesn't change the limits of motion in said coordinates. Or to put it another way - things can't travel through spacetime faster than c, but spacetime itself can expand as fast as it likes (or at least as fast as the energy densities present tell it to).

The analogy I like is a chess board. Ignoring first moves, en passant, yadda yadda, a pawn is only allowed to move on space at a time, no matter where it is on the board. Let's call "p" the Speed of Pawn - the fastest it can travel across the board. If I want to get to a position three spaces away, it takes me three moves to get there at the maximum speed allowed.
>>
>>80386623
Nope. This is why rivers flow upward. You think Coriolis is a thing and that rocket launches actually reach an apex and then sustain themselves without propulsion. If the moon is 4 billion years old and is a perfect sphere that blew off from the earth why can we still see it? Why is it the very perfect distance away from us in order to be effective?
>>
>>80363553
This fucking stale pasta again.

Why do mods never clean this fucking board?

Why?
>>
>>80386231
Have you ever actually done research in it, or have you only ever interacted with it in a pencil/paper environment? You can prove Hardy's test of local realism with a couple thousand dollars of equipment, you could probably convince a prof to let you do it in a lab if you go to university. I've been doing this shit all summer for undergrads. Here's how to do it, let me know when you've disproven QM, faggot:
http://people.whitman.edu/~beckmk/QM/Hardy/Carlson_ajp.pdf
>>
>>80386605
>I don't know what a theory is
Someone mentioned it earlier, but calling string "theory" a "theory" should be a crime and is grossly inaccurate. But aside from that, scientific theories are not just shit people make up.

>We know about neutrinos because their existence explains something we can observe
Literally the exact same thing with Dark Energy and Dark Matter. Neutrinos were proposed to explain how beta decay could be consistent with conservation of energy, momentum and angular moment. Pauli didn't go "well lol I guess conservation of energy is just wrong xD" like what you are doing.
>>
>>80387060
Muh tree of life. It's locked away. It's locked away because we had access to it and then fucked up. Wanting is back is fucking up more
>>
File: 1464049699326.png (1 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1464049699326.png
1 MB, 1920x1044
>>80386916
>>80387178
Lay off the weed.
>>
>>80363553

>Read some textbooks he struggled to understand.
>Decide that there is a conspiracy.

Maybe you should either apply yourself more, or accept that there are some things that are beyond your reach in terms of understanding?
>>
File: image.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>80387178
Encouraging WILFUL ignorance about the universe. Fucking wew.
>>
>>80387328
Typical amerifat burger clap response
>>
>>80387357
Ignorance came after we left our childhood for vaginal procreation
>>
File: chess2.jpg (193 KB, 481x481) Image search: [Google]
chess2.jpg
193 KB, 481x481
>>80386882
Now imagine your board expands by one grid in each direction. All the pieces are in the same relative positions they were before, but now the space between them has expanded. The board got bigger but the rules are still the same, my Speed of Pawn hasn't changed. Only now the position I wanted to get to that was three spaces away has expanded to nine spaces, and it takes me nine moves to get there at the maximum speed allowed.

Space is expanding (at least from what we can observe) uniformly in all directions. Which means that the further two objects are, the faster they recede from each other. Locally, this expansion isn't relevant (two objects a lightyear apart are currently experiencing a Hubble rate of about 2 cm/s, not enough to overcome gravitational effects), but two objects a billion light years apart are receding from each other at about 10% the speed of light, causing a noticeable relativistic redshift in the observed light. And if you get far enough away, objects are receding far enough away that the light they emit stops being able to catch up with the expansion.
>>
>>80387328
that used to be australia on that pic...

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>80387060

Some inferences are better than others.

I'm saying that the inference to Neutrinos requires less of a leap than the inference to dark matter.

Again, the propositions:
1) If Neutrinos exist, we'd observe X
2) We observe X, thus Neutrinos Exist

1) If we have Z matter, and e=mc^2 is true, then we'd observe X.
2) We dont observe X.
3) Thus we must have Y matter.

you gotta admit, that 2nd one looks pretty suspect. Once you start goalseeking your data to fit your theory, it's turtles all the way down.
>>
>>80387690
You've ignored my point completely and have ignored reality. This is what actually happened.

Neutrinos:
1. X observation contradicts our existing theory which we have very, very good reason to believe is accurate.
2. Thus Y must exist to explain X and be consistent with existing theory.

The same is true with dark matter and dark energy. And no there is nothing wrong with this unless you are a butthurt philosopher. If it turns out dark matter and dark energy is complete bullshit, then they'll be tossed away like many other hypothesis in the past have.
>>
>>80387690
Well the second is speculative inference. If they were concluding that this was absolute, it would, in propositional logic, be a hypothectical syllogism. The reality is that this is overly simplistic.
>>
File: OP.jpg (39 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
39 KB, 450x373
>>80363553
Holy shit, you're stupid. I'm in Secondary School, and we've just covered proofs for particle-wave duality. Read a book, Hans - just because you don't understand something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
File: carl4.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
carl4.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>80387690
It's important to realize that concepts like "dark matter" and "dark energy" are basically just placeholders until we figure out exactly what's going on. It could be that there are matter/energy we haven't observed yet, or it could be there need to be some minor corrections made to our existing models. We don't know... yet.

As a rule of thumb, though, when you're doing theory and an observation doesn't match a result, your first approach should be to try and come up with modifications to the existing theory rather than throwing it out entirely, especially in the case where the theory you're working with has already been used to make valid predictions.

Any new model would have to also explain all those other observations, so it's more likely than not that you're looking for a correction to your model rather than completely throwing it out.

Ex. Even though we know the world actually functions on quantum mechanics, Ehrenfest's theorem demonstrates that all expectation values in QM obey classical forms. So almost all of the observations and predictions of classical mechanics are still valid, but the corrections of quantum mechanics mean that those predictions break down under certain circumstances.
>>
>>80363553
No shit
Its all theoretical bullshit with no way to prove and no end
>>
>>80388096
Dark matter is a much bigger leap, actually.
The supposition of the existence of neutrinos relied only on the conservation of energy, which is a fundamental axiom in our scientific model. The supposition of dark matter relies on the correct applications of some very complicated field mechanics that we are assuming to be accurate. I'm not saying MOND is more likely as an explanation, but I don't see how it's any worse informed. In the case of neutrinos, a particle carrying away that missing mass energy was the only possibility.
>>
>>80391287
It turned out that axiom isn't exactly completely true anyway (uncertainty principle).

All you have to assume is that general relativity is right and thus dark matter must exist (galaxies rotate too fast). That's not a big leap at all.
>>
>>80363553
Physics major here.

QM was not developed as something that require real life observations to prove it, rather, it was developed to ACCOUNT for real life observations. Look up "Stern-Gerlach experiment", which was one of the key experiment in the development of QM.
>>
File: carl5.gif (488 KB, 460x336) Image search: [Google]
carl5.gif
488 KB, 460x336
>>80391287
The two biggest problems most relativists have with MOND is that
1) it requires the assumption that gravity, as a fundamental force, for some reason operates differently on different, arbitrary scales lengths, and that
2) even with MOND treatments of outlier observations, you still end up with poor fits that require a "dark matter-like" term to be introduced to fix it.
>>
If it cant be achieved through factual evidence through a scientific method and has no practical use is both useless and irrelevant
>>
File: Primer Fields.jpg (46 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Primer Fields.jpg
46 KB, 1920x1080
>>80363553

And you think (((Einsteimeme))) Science is any different? it's just a bunch of mathemagicians wasting their time trying to connect Relativity with Quantum Mechanics.

Waste of time, We should be investing research in electric Universe and Primer fields.

The electric force is a billion billion billion billion billion times stronger than the gravitational force and yet scientists these days view the universe as totally dominated with gravity, It explains why they can't explain why Galaxies rotate too fast without falling apart, it explains why the universe is expanding too fast, it explains why There are beautifully organised structures in space that only magnetic fields and electric currents form.
>>
>>80363553
sounds pretty plausible hans
>>
>>80363553
lmao plup getting wobbled
hello fellow melee player
>>
>i have no idea how science works
>>
>>80363553
Why is Plup such a homie?
>>
>>80363553
All of relativity, string theory, and quantum is complete bullshit made up to cover up for inadequacies in certain physical constants and equations, and as a blind alley to keep morons who can do math from figuring out the real physics.

You have to ignore essentially everything after WWI.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 317x475
Also new math with its fucked up strict left to right OoO will fuck you hard if you try to read any older physics or math books or papers, they want cucks to be mentally unable to correctly work equations from the old days before Jews fucked over science and math.

Educated stupid.

>>80368864

You are clued in, gotta use real math and physics. Keep your discoveries secret though, don't let the government kikes know what you are doing. Basic OPSEC.
>>
>>80363553
Hence, THEORY.
>>
File: carldish.jpg (253 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
carldish.jpg
253 KB, 402x600
>>80394173
The Electric/Plasma Universe model is rubbish... and I'm saying this as a plasma physicist

The reason gravity ends up dominating is because charge and mass distribution do not, generally speaking, increase proportionally with scale. From the charge distributed on an electron to an object like a planet or a star, you're talking about covering, maybe 25 orders of magnitude, from about 10^-19 C to maybe 10^6 C at most. Masses cover a MUCH large distribution, from about 10^-31 kg for an electron to 10^30 kg for a star.

As you move to bigger and bigger objects, mass DRAMATICALLY overtakes charge, and consequently, gravitational forces overtake electrical force ones.
>>
>>80363553
An interesting idea, but surely there have been thousands of grad students, and even precocious undergrads and high schoolers, who have successfully performed the double-slit experiment, no?
>>
>>80401268
The fact that you can't even imagine other possibilities and that you must appeal to anonymous authority proves the kikes did a number on your poor little brain.
>>
>>80401433
>The fact that you can't even imagine other possibilities

What do you mean by this?
>>
File: 1468030314995-pol.png (332 KB, 879x502) Image search: [Google]
1468030314995-pol.png
332 KB, 879x502
>>80378666
Yes devil trips. Why havent you heard the man who easily showed everyone the fundamental wrongs with QM.

Tesla knew they were con artists, read his quotes about wondering off in equasions.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.