[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the military a organization actually designed for war,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: us military.jpg (11 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
us military.jpg
11 KB, 246x205
Why is the military a organization actually designed for war, far more competent at dealing with problems and not escalating them than the police?
>>
>>80304903
Because they can just kill their problems and then make congress foot the bill. Remember that the federal government is allowed to go into debt whereas most states cannot.
>>
>>80304903
Because killing your problems is easier than policing them.

That's also not to say the military isn't also full of incompetent shitpumps who have no idea what the fuck they're doing with their pathetic fuck up lives.
>>
>>80304903
Because the niggers know if they are under the boot of the NG they will die in droves for every one they wound.
>>
>the Iraq War never happened
>>
>>80305695
>past tense
It's still going on. The American military is actually worse than the police. They have all but given up actually fighting anymore.
>>
Because military has an expection that the people they meet are their enemy.

Cops expect the people they meet to follow the law
>>
>>80305922
I wouldn't say the US Military is worse, you guys just can't fight Asymmetric Warfare in the 21st century, barely anyone can.
>>
>>80304903
Because their job is to KILL. I say again KILL. The definition of a Infantry soldier role is to seek out and close with the enemy, to kill or capture him, to seize and hold ground, repel attack, by day or by night, regardless of season weather or terrain.

NOT deal with communal and civil problems with compassion and understanding and the correct use of use in a given situation.

The military is a problem solver for governments. When diplomacy has failed you send in the Army.
>>
>>80306577
Correct use of FORCE*
>>
>>80304903
Because the US military is run by the Fed, and as such is ACTUALLY overseen and regulated. Face it, States fuck up on a constant basis.
>>
>>80305695
>>80306427
>Canada and Ausfail making fun of ANY military
I'm sorry, when have you guys ever contributed to making the world a better place?
>>
>>80306427

Because we aren't able to use the effective, coldly rational techniques used by empires from time immemorial, and perfected by the British and French colonial empires. Guerilla warfare and insurgencies have been over-hyped into these invicible strategies that no standing, professional army could hope to defeat, which simply isn't the case.

The US military is actually a pretty competent institution as a whole, even if it could improve in many areas and cut a good deal of fat.
>>
>>80306577
>role of inf
My RAR brethren.
>>
File: 111.jpg (41 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
41 KB, 650x366
>>80307167
>making fun

Jesus Christ, stop being an overly sensitive pussy and taking things so personally. I'm not bashing the US Military I'm saying Asymmetric Warfare is bullshit.

kys dumb ass.
>>
>>80304903
because service members actually face consequences if they fuck up
>>
>>80304903
Because the police is at best a scalpel, the military is a broadsword.
>>
>>80304903
>more competent

>several million dead
>entire countries lost

WUT
>>
>>80307437
>Asymmetric Warfare is bullshit.

lol, nope. If we wanted to kill them all we could, but you see there is something in our modern world called "Diplomacy" that stops us from just going HAM on our enemies.
>>
>>80307316
French counter-insurgency tactics 101:

>walk into village
>if anyone looks at you crosseyed, drag them into the village center and execute them in front of everyone
>leave village
>return the next day
>if anyone looks at you crosseyed, execute everyone in the village and burn it down
>move on to the next village
>>
>>80304903
Because the changes to the federal government have a very slow propagation rate for getting states to improve themselves in a similar manner. We have a militarized police force because of our revolutionary and libertarian cultural origins. I'd say more, but anything else is gonna sound like an endorsement of some kind and I don't trust the Jews to not warp anything I say.
>>
>>80307683
Fuck you're retarded, that has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>80307167

Australia and Canada have small, but very professional armies. Both have excellent historical reputations given their limitations in size and scope.
>>
>>80306695
This. I like the idea of states rights, but in practice it just lets retard states drag the rest of the union down. Federalism was a mistake
>>
>>80304903
fuck off
slide this thread guys it's another
>1 post by this ID
>>
File: NeverForget.jpg (23 KB, 320x352) Image search: [Google]
NeverForget.jpg
23 KB, 320x352
>>80307843
>Both have excellent historical reputations given their limitations in size and scope.

Such as...? This?
>>
>>80308164
Canadian special forces are actually pretty bad ass. Their Joint Task Force (JTF) has been involved in all the major US conflicts. In Afghanistan, the commander of US special operations forces said that JTF Force K-Bar was his first choice for direct action missions.
>>
>>80306427
No Power of note has (superpower or otherwise) ever, successfully, beaten an asymmetric opponent.
>>
because most police departments are full of fat losers who could never make it in the military.
>>
>>80308164
>emu flag

HOLY SHIT
MYSTERY ANON WAS AN EMU THIS WHOLE TIME
FROM STRAYA NO LESS
>>
File: face touhou23123.jpg (122 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
face touhou23123.jpg
122 KB, 1000x850
>>80308854
Most are ex-"vets" actually. The quotes are used because servicemen don't deserve the veteran status anymore considering that all they do now is cower in their little bases and wait for Obongo's drones to kill the bad guys for them.
>>
>>80307750

A little more complicated than that although there is a degree of truth there. The French in particular were absolutely ruthless, but I would read up on the Battle of Algiers. They absolutely crushed the FLN.

>>80308164

Assuming you aren't just trolling, the Canucks and Aussies were traditionally shock troops in both world wars, because both societies at the time produced very rugged, aggressive, and confident soldiers on account of them being frontier/pioneer societies.
>>
>>80309334
>>80308604
So let me get this straight, a handful of SOOPER ELITE CALL OF DUTY PRESTIGE SPEKOPS is better than the huge, structured, organized, and technologically advanced US army?

lol ok.
>>
>>80308630

The European colonial powers were, by definition, fighting successful asymmetric campaigns for generations.

After the Second World War you have the War in Algeria, the Malayan Emergency, the Mau Mau Uprising, FARC in Colombia, and Shining Path in Peru just off the top of my head.
>>
>>80309831
I've re-read this entire thread three times now, and I have no fucking idea how you made this leap.
>>
>>80310215
Maybe you should read it again
>>
>>80304903
Because soldiers get held accountable and punished when they do wrong.

We don't get paid vacations.
>>
>>80309831

I never said they were "better", not to mention it's inherently difficult to quantify that. They certainly aren't more capable because of their relatively small sizes (although the Australians are having a sizable military buildup in naval/air assets) but man-for-man they're of very high quality. Both tend to specialize in niche battlefields and military specialties (the Canadians in Arctic operations, the Australians in jungle and littoral warfare).

Don't get your panties in a wad.
>>
>>80304903
It is a lot easier to sweep your fuckups under the run when they happen an ocean away. Generally, when those fuckups become public, they disappear after a week because nobody truly cares that some thirdworld shithole got accidentally bombed.
>>
>>80307167

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Force_for_East_Timor

The ADF isnt large enough to operate independently past Australia's backyard
>>
>>80310884
International agression isn't our mandate, pal. Remember what the acronym "ADF" stands for. We help out our mates internationally because they ask for it and they like having us around. Having a blue with a good mate alongside strengthens the bond.
>>
>>80310397
>what is leave
>>
>>80308164
Reminder SEALS train our CQB doctrine for months in perth and our sasr was used exclusively for early long range reconnaissance patrols in afghan because Americans need exoskeletons to haul their packs. Marines and army have to worst discipline, field craft and weapons handling of any other country i have worked with
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.