[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Austrian Hofer against leaving EU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I thought we has based /pol/?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36747304
>>
File: 1457732073938.jpg (43 KB, 386x372) Image search: [Google]
1457732073938.jpg
43 KB, 386x372
>>80296922
Not anymore.
>>
>>80296922
>claim your not against leaving EU
>get elected
>call referendum and say the people should decide
>people vote to leave EU
>the will of the people must be respected
>leave EU
>>
>>80297772
We can hope.

It seems that all of my "oh, maybe he's secretly good all along and just saying what he has to for now" dreams never actually pan out, though.
>>
>>80296922
It's not necessarily the best tactical decision for some countries to leave the EU over the short term. Austria contributes more than they take so I'm not sure what Hofer's reasoning is, but most southern and eastern european countries are too poor to get out from under the eurocrats' and Merkel's boots for the moment.
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (1 MB, 2252x1498) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
1 MB, 2252x1498
>>80296922
>he thought an Austrian would abandon the 4th Reich
>>
>>80296922

Austria is literally surrounded by the EU. Unless they set up banking like the Swiss, it's going to suck.

The UK is unique in its size and history, Austria can't rally survive unless the whole EU fractures.
>>
>>80298455
>Flag is older then the Union Jack
>Was the seat of power to the Holy Roman Empire and is home to the Habsburgs
>Alpine country

Austria is fairly unique even for a European country although I will admit that aside from Swizterland it is surrounded by EU states which works against Austria's favor.
>>
>>80296922
>I thought we has based /pol/?

he said there should be a referendum in case Turkey joins EU, let's hope this happens. lol @ far right leader...
don't fall for this, the FPÖ is centre right moderate Euro-liberal.
>>
>>80298416
too many refugees
>>
>>80299399
More fuel for the furnaces.
>>
1.Hofer is running on an anti immigrant platform
2. Hofer is running for president not PM he has only 1 actual power and that is calling new elections not deciding foreign policy
3. Assuming Hofer gets elected (most likely he won't be) the best anyone can hope for is the far right anti EU party winning and getting a majority in the legislature which puts Austria on a very anti EU path

in other words it really doesn't matter what he wants, IF (again very unlikely) he gets elected the fire still rises.
>>
File: hs.jpg (436 KB, 911x917) Image search: [Google]
hs.jpg
436 KB, 911x917
>>80299258

They support women's suffrage. That makes them left-extremist, IMO.
>>
Hover is a shill. The real austrian Nazi got killed by Mossad when they took control of his volkswagon
>>
>>80296922
It's pure politics. Brexit has everyone jumpy and he'll lose votes if they promise a referendum or that they'll leave the EU, at least in the short term. Let them win and govern for a little while then try to break up the EU again a few years down the line.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.