[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news /worldviews/wp/2015/02/1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: european police.jpg (49 KB, 579x449) Image search: [Google]
european police.jpg
49 KB, 579x449
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/02/18/5-countries-where-police-officers-do-not-carry-firearms-and-it-works-well/

>When police shot a man in Iceland in 2013, it was the first time police had used their firearms and killed a person in the history of this country, according to the Christian Science Monitor. Granted, Iceland is a tiny country with only 300,000 inhabitants.

Would this work?
>>
>>80276942
>homogenous countries are less violent

Hmm really makes you think.
>>
>>80276942
>gee lets take the cops guns while we have access to fucking ARs and shit tons of different types of guns

Are you a fucking retard?
>>
File: 1440468263903.jpg (71 KB, 545x545) Image search: [Google]
1440468263903.jpg
71 KB, 545x545
>>80276942
>according to the Christian Science Monitor.
>>
Iceland also doesn't have niggers. So it might work there but not in the USA.
>>
>>80276942
How many niggers do they have in Iceland? Probably pretty few.
>>
>>80276942
my town is 99% white and we have no crime either

and maybe 1 state trooper
>>
>iceland
>ireland
>britain
>new zealand
>norway
All islands, the land border with sweden would have about as much issue as water considering the cucks on the other side.
>>
>>80277448
Like fucking none
Their pop is like 300k-350k probably all Icelandic. Apparently crime is so rare people don't even lock their bikes up in Reykjavik
>>
>>80276942
I'm honestly starting to come around to the idea that cops shouldn't have guns but only if every other non-felon is required to concealed carry at all times when out of their home.

It's recently occured to me that police officers might be the single dumbest profession in this country.
>>
>>80276942
>ethnically homogenous country
>nearly 1000 times less populated than the US

There you go, that's why it works.
>>
i cant think of a more cushier do-nothing job than an iceland cop
>>
>>80276942
>So far, though, the tradition of unarmed police officers has proven to be stronger than the fear of terrorism.
This is not true. The police here in Norway were temporarily armed for over a year after the Hebdo terrorist attack in France because Norway was a possible target by ISIS. During this period the police had numerous unintentional discharges of their firearms because of lack of experience. One officer accidentally shot himself in the leg on one occasion. Was hilarious to read about all the incidents in the news.
>>
>>80277183

I know what it sounds like but the Christian Science Monitor is a well respected media outlet.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.