[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your country, generally speaking, has the quality of newspapers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: watch your step.png (1 MB, 675x2223) Image search: [Google]
watch your step.png
1 MB, 675x2223
In your country, generally speaking, has the quality of newspapers risen or declined in the recent years?
>>
>>80211697
>> this is a british 10/10
>>
>>80211697
My God and women actually read that. Our ancestors were right to deny their 'right' to vote.
>>
>>80211697
I don't know, what would you say?

desu the major news outlets here have and always will be mostly full of unintelligent shitpost-tier articles, since nothing happens here.

The media is generally very anti-Russian and pro-USA and whatever the russkies do is usually covered with a bad tone or somehow attempting to twist a story into being negative about them.

The major news outlets also have a tendency to misspell and use incorrect grammar in their articles, I don't even fucking know how that can happen as often as it does.

There has been a lot more clickbait articles as well, which is just sad.

Generally the national news of Estonia (ERR) is still okay imo, you can have a look at rus.err.ee about the shit we generally read about if you are interested.
>>
>>80211697
Collapsed like a rusty tin outhouse.
>>
>>80211697
BILD is as bad as always, the Zeit, Tagesspiegel, Welt and FAZ stayed pretty consistent as good, if a bit left-leaning at times, newspapers
>>
>daily mail
>ever being a respected newspaper
>>
>>80211697

Wew

T H I C C
>>
File: pain.jpg (204 KB, 1741x979) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
204 KB, 1741x979
>be writer for daily mail
>wake up, brush my teeth
>living in a state of denial, unfeeling
>check my email
>theres like 10 thousand 'celebrity' sighting
>pick the fucking dumbest one because fuck you
>gonna write a shit article and just see what the fuck happens
>lol who the fuck even is Lauren Goodger
>write 35 words
>i went to college to learn how to do this
>publish it
>remember i have 7 million dollars in loans so i could get this job
>nothing more in this world that i want more than death
>>
Risen, they can't keep their bias as much with internet media debunking it, and many opinion writers are getting pretty redpilled.
>>
>>80211697
Declined. Everything is clickbait now.
>>
>>80211697
This is edited, yes? This shit can't really be in the news.
>>
>>80211697
yle has made itself obvious EU kike shill tv station
>>
>>80213838
> it works though
> those 35 words bring in a many in thousands of pounds
>>
>>80213961
kek

it also has 30 thousand shares
>>
>>80211697
>newspapers in my country
official TV is all about praise the king , king did this , king did that
"""indipendent""" newspapers is all about : scandal : watch what this officer did
scandal : watch actrss X fail at X where her skirt fallen down
[spoiler] we identify as "islamic" country kek[/spoiler]
literally fuck my shit up
>>
>>80211697
I dunno. Seems to be a lot of leftist propaganda and clickbait-y garbage around but I might just have gotten better at noticing it over the years.
>>
File: 12.jpg (13 KB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
13 KB, 310x233
>>80213961
Just checked. Its real, the took a video of it as well.
>>
>>80213981
And HS, IS etc. aren't any better
>>
The local newspaper went from being an actual newspaper to a 10-page small thing. It's been a damn long time since I saw newspaper vending machines or a newspaper box next to the mail box.

The awful stuff in the grocery store is always all about food, celebrities, orgasms, and the British royal family. It's been a long time since I've seen anybody pick one up to flip through, let alone buy.

Dead man walking.
>>
Absolutely declined. I used to laugh at American news reports but Fuck me the BBC is utter trash these days. As is almost every other paper/media outlet. Utter trash.
>>
>>80214086
Communism gave you Islam? Ahahaha
>>
File: 1402817280445.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1402817280445.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>>80211697
>Women read this
>>
>>80211697
I like the local newspaper in my city. It's a small place so the stories are a bit more relevant,a and they run interesting polls etc.
>>
>>80214499
>Communism
ultimate kek
>>
>>80211697
It plummeted.
I can only think of one, maybe 2 papers that aren't either politically-correct leftist guilt-tripping trash or useless gossiping piles of shit talking about football players' wives catcalling each other on twitter
>>
File: tv.jpg (2 MB, 1400x2595) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
2 MB, 1400x2595
>>80214424
>BBC is utter trash these days
>>
>>80211697
Declined, it´s all sensationalism now.
>>
File: 1465138943266.jpg (7 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1465138943266.jpg
7 KB, 260x194
>>80211697
>>
>>80211697
The quality hasn't declined, the Daily Mail has always been shit.
>>
>>80211697
>be me in 2005
>mmh, yeah everything is pretty much OK except Seiska which reports on some celebrities drinking themselves under the table

>fast forward 10 years
>Iltalehti is fucking shit, all articles are biased jew shilling
>Ilta-Sanomat is Iltalehti-tier with a dash of classiness to it
>YLE is the national news station composed of nothing but articles about how refugees are so good and nice
>HS is even worse than that, nothing but gay this, refugee that, nazi this, right-wing that
>given rise to right-wing media which is all written like a fucking kinderagartener and filled with tinfoil-tier news

all-in-all everything is utter bullshit, I don't want to read finnish news anymore.
>>
You want an example of a good newspaper gone to shit? Look at the Washington Post
>>
>>80213838
hearty kek
>>
Here it's not the actual newspapers that decline in quality, it's the people that have become more retarded
>>
On further consideration, if I were still in the area, I would consider a subscription to the NY Post depending on what it costs. I wouldn't have time to read it anyway, but whatever cage of monkeys they have making the front pages keeping the flame alive.
>>
>>80212145
You mean article or woman?
>>
File: 10539383.jpg (32 KB, 325x300) Image search: [Google]
10539383.jpg
32 KB, 325x300
>>80214762
>The newspaper of Woodward and Bernstein now goes out of it's way to defend the President
>>
>>80213838
>wake up, brush my teeth
Fucking foreigners taking over the Daily Mail.
>>
>>80213076
Baltics strategy of making their russian minority loyal subjects is backfiring. Belittling, pressuring them seeing russia as bad and trying make them hate their ancestry. Will not work a all. It will make them just more loyal to Russia. But balts are stupid shits that cant see even these simple things.
>>
>>80213838
>brush my teeth

Broke my immersion 0/10
>>
Isn't the daily mail website the most visited news website in the world?

Really makes you think
>>
>>80214994
>>80215189
Kek, Nigel hivemind, I love it
>>
Has declined. Basically all news papers went online, there is almost no printed newspaper anymore.

They all look like Facebook clones, with a blue header and page layout very similar to Facebook.

Everything is integrated with social media.

One of these online news sites doesn't even have their own comment section, they only accept Facebook comments. So basically it's a Facebook newspaper.

The quality of news have dropped to everyday trivia, celebrities gossip, clickbait, old news from other parts of the world translated and published as if they were new pieces of news, etc.

The media is utter shite today. I barely check it, to see what happened, for breaking news especially. But most articles are a complete waste of time.
>>
>>80211697
You mean journalism in general. And it's on decline for decades now through whole world. We're the brave new world now.
>>
>>80214086
THA KANG!
>>
>>80214994
>>80215189
kek
>>
>>80213838
>wake up, brush my teeth
More Poles taking unskilled British jobs, disgusting.
>>
>>80211697
Declined over the past 7 years or so
Ever since legit media started to imitate and compete with social media
>>
>>80211697
American news organizations are fucking meme-tier. The absolute worst. They're on a seemingly inexorable decline.
>>
>>80211697
declined sharply, but maybe I was just to much of a brainwashed, well meaning idiot to see the agenda pushing 10 - 15 years ago, it's a pretty sad state our media is in and I see journalists as what they really are now, the worst kind of shit eating maggots. I have way more respect for a normal prostitute, at least she does honest work, provides a needed service and has no delusions of grandeur, hell, even politicians are better, at least they get some actual power and serious dosh out of their lying, but the majority of todays newspaper shills, get almost nothing out of it and think they are the great teachers and philosophers of our time, that have to steer the stupid masses with their "news" even if they have to leave out certain facts or blatantly lie about shit, when in reality they are brainwashed and/or corrupt spineless whores, but you know what's the worst part in my opinion, one might think, that after years of nothing but lying and shilling 24/7 they might have learned a thing or two and would be somewhat decent at it, but they aren't they suck at it, they suck so hard that even a half-degenerate pleb like my can see through their half-backed shit.
>>
>>80213873

Even Kristeligt Dagblad?

>>80213854

Do you have some examples? I haven't touched a newspaper in years, except perhaps for Metro/Spits.

Also, tv news has gone down the drain here. It's incredibly one-sided and leftist.POW news does some good reporting now and then, but they also do a lot of stuff that's basically just trolling.
>>
Massive reduction in quality and in the number of newspapers. Murdoch came in and bought most of them out and slowly cut them down to the point they shut doors.
>>
>>80211697
(((news)))
>>
>>80211697
I don't really read newspapers, however, I am a dedicated reader of two magazines: Radar (mainly history) and Življenje in Tehnika (Life and Technology - mainly science)

I'm really disappointed how the quality of these two deteriorated. It is really noticeable, that the journalists don't research their topic as deeply as they used to; in fact, it seems as though you are reading just an extended wikipedia article. I remember an article in Življenje in Tehnika about probability - the author had a really wide view of it and it appeared as if he is struggling to put all the knowledge he has in the designated space. The story was continuous, yet it touched seemingly unrelated topic, like the Swedish ship Vasa and the stability of the ships for example.

In Radar, not only the depth, but the article topics took a turn for the worse as well. They used to cover everything from Greek religions to von Ungarn-Sternberg, Chernobil, Wall Street, Israeli special forces etc. Nowadays is just about some singers (usually black) and people who helped Jews during WW2. Fucking boring.
>>
>>80211697
Its dead and nobody read them but its constantly being revived by the jews so it cannot really go bankrupt.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.