[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /pol/ think about this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
what does /pol/ think about this book?
>>
>>80180406
literally came true. welp
>>
>>80180406

Comforting tale of a world in which the west stays white. Reality is much worse.
>>
>>80180406
Highly prophetic but the reality is much closer to Brave New World
>>
>>80180406
brave new world much better dystopian novel
>>
Reading it right now and although I can draw a lot of similarities to what's happening in the modern day I think people exaggerate. We have a long way to go before it gets that bad.
>>
File: 1390447896466.jpg (117 KB, 774x809) Image search: [Google]
1390447896466.jpg
117 KB, 774x809
>>80180916
THIS, 100x this

The government knows people will resist tyrants with jackboots and clubs. So they're sending tyrants to social engineer and "improve" our lives.
>>
File: 9-11.jpg (2 MB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
9-11.jpg
2 MB, 1754x1240
>>80180406

Was supposed to be a warning. Became a how-to.
>>
Reality is much closer to BNW as others have mentioned, but 1984 has a lot of true aspects as well. Brilliant book.
>>
>>80180962 Not as well written tho
>>
>>80180406
Naive and eye-rolling. Brave New World is a truer image of the future.
>>
>>80180916
Both of them are legitimate. The elite are not ideological, they go with what works. Think of one as being the carrot and the other as the stick.
>>
>>80180406
Limp dicked apology from Orwell for what his beloved Stalin was doing in Russia.

It wasn't a fucking warning about the future. The USSR, especially under Stalin was far worse than anything published in 1984.

Orwell was a commie who started to feel bad when he saw what the side he fought for really wanted to do.
>>
>>80180916
/thread
>>
>>80180406
Not a big fan of it, despite being a big fan of orwell.
It's unfortunately quite relevant though.
>>
>>80181493
This
>>
The one thing I find hilarious about his prediction for the future is that instead of telescreens being something mounted on the wall, they're willingly carried around in pockets.
>>
>>80180406
Kys
>>
>>80180406
It's a strategy guide for the Left.
>>
>>80181685
They both seem relevant in their own ways, our societies seem to bare images of both books.
>>
Perfectly complemented by Brave New World.
>>
>>80180406
Everytime i rereading it, it becames more scary.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.