[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If "laws don't work" then why do smoking laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Adolf Hitler.jpg (65 KB, 420x407) Image search: [Google]
Adolf Hitler.jpg
65 KB, 420x407
If "laws don't work" then why do smoking laws work? Why don't people smoke indoors? After all "criminals don't care about the law" right? So why aren't they smoking indoors?

Oh that's right. They don't want to get fined and go to jail. Laws do work.
>>
It only works for law abiding citizens.

The criminals will still smoke under the tables and lmao jk
>>
That logic would only work if a criminal wanted to kill people by smoking. That's some comic book villain tier shit.
>>
>>80179692
Smoking takes a great deal of time. The typical response to someone smoking inside is to direct them outside and it has never worked in regards to smoking inside cars.
As for guns you pull the trigger and all those niggers get to find out whether their ancestors really were Kangz.
>>
>>80179692
>all crimes are the same
>all people who break the law are the same
Ok.
>>
If laws don't work then why is OP always a faggot?
>>
>>80179692
>Why don't people smoke indoors

but they do, all the fucking time.
>>
>>80179692

No because someone walks over to them and says "m8, put that fuckin smoke out, we're tryna eat our dinna over 'ere ya drongo" and then they put it out.

Society enforces most laws through norms and this is how it should be.
>>
>>80182050

are you kidding me? if someone actually smoked in public people would whisper and dial 911 and wait for the police. no one would actually approach the person.
>>
>>80182441

You don't live in Australia, friend.
>>
>>80179692
There is the easy and reasonable alternative of smoking outside. A better comparison to banning guns, which I assume you are alluding to, would be prohibition. We all remember how that went: skyrocketing organized crime, speak-easies, rum-runners. Hell, it failed so bad it was repealed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.