[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's going on, here? Why do so many educated people have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: aa.jpg (63 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
63 KB, 800x505
What's going on, here?

Why do so many educated people have an "unfavorable" opinion of Trump, do you think?
>>
College degree ≠ education
>>
>>80136136
Just look at the statistics. If a college is made up 9:1 democrats to republicans in certain fields, of course that will happen.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=664045
>>
>>80136435
Would you get surgery from someone who didn't have an M.D.?
>>
File: stanford_voters.png (38 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
stanford_voters.png
38 KB, 700x420
>>80137107
From the paper.
>>
>>80137107
>>80137288
That's neat, but this isn't faculty members. It's college-educated people.

Or, didn't you notice that? Pretty embarrassing.

Trump supporter, I guess?
>>
File: tech_probs.jpg (34 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
tech_probs.jpg
34 KB, 720x544
>>80137691
You're a fucking idiot.

If you go to college to learn, and you're taught exclusively by Democrats, don't you think that would have some impact on the students?
>>
>>80136136
Educated people like European ways.
Nothings changed.
>>
>>80137150

That's not a college degree though.
>>
>tfw my mom comes over and at some point in conversation asks who I'm voting for
>tfw she says she would vote for hillary because "she knows how the system works" and trump is too abrasive
>tfw she never votes anyways
>>
>>80136136
(((educated)))
>>
>>80137807
>don't you think that would have some impact on the students?

No, why would it? I've been taught by many Republicans and that had no impact.

Isn't this just a bad excuse with no causal link proven? Aren't you being intellectually dishonest? Come, now.

It's hilarious you would try to even assert that anyone older than 18 adopts their instructor's political views at a significant level.
>>
>>80136136
Trump has no good arguments for most of his policies.
If you propose policies, that seem ridiculous and then try to back them up with nonsensical catchphrases, no one can take you serious.
Trump's speeches are at least 50% logical fallacies and lame catchphrases .
>>
>>80138206
>by many

But most? When would you ever be in an academic setting where conservative voices were the majority, unless you were one of those hyper-geniuses who got into University of Chicago's Econ program.
>>
>>80136136
Why do so many educated people have a favorable view of trump? It isn't like 99% unfavorable. 1/3 is huge, especially when you consider how many of those educated people in the 2/3 have degrees from diploma mills.
>>
>>80138702
>When would you ever be in an academic setting where conservative voices were the majority

Elementary, junior high, and high school. I was schooled in a red state and all of those institutions were primarily and unabashedly Republican.

Again, you supply no causal chain that a mostly-democratic faculty makes a mostly-democratic student body.

You've also tried once again to assert that college students (older than 18) are somehow impressionable and willing to adapt their professors' viewpoints. Anyone who has ever been to college (probably not you, it seems) knows this isn't the case.

I feel bad for you because you probably didn't have all the opportunities I have had, so I will give you a tip: you're far more likely to establlish a causal link between faculty and students with younger children, not ADULTS and 18-24. Just a hint next time you want to argue something without proving causality.
>>
>most young people are liberals
News at eleven
>>
File: 1440364829178.jpg (48 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
1440364829178.jpg
48 KB, 458x390
>>80136136
PhD Trump supporter here. All of these educated academics are fucking ivory tower trust fund babies, children of professionals, doctors, and other professors. These are the people that have never worked a proper job in their lives, of course they don't give a fuck about globalization and the impact it has on blue collar workers.
>>
File: IMG_20160617_191242.jpg (2 MB, 2736x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_191242.jpg
2 MB, 2736x2736
>>80136136

Universities are Marxist Echo-chambers. That's why. I matriculated at a Culinary School and even there "diversify seminars" and "education" are compulsory. Good thing a benefactor paid that $100,000 nut, if I had to pay for it I would have dropped out after the first 3 terms.

The ACF and Sommelier certifications were/are a plus though. After the CIA I transferred to Columbia for Nutrition education/certification. Now THAT University is chock full of kikery.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.