[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't everyone be rich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1361858610887.gif (2 MB, 310x175) Image search: [Google]
1361858610887.gif
2 MB, 310x175
Why can't everyone be rich?
>>
>>80136019
Well, not enough resources. Killing off 99% of the world's population would probably solve that.
>>
>>80136123
>not enough resources

this is wrong.
>>
>>80136123
Also having only 4 girls to breed with would suck if they were all the worst.
>>
>>80136237
No, it's pretty much right. There aren't enough resources to distribute to everyone so that everyone can live your stereotypical life of luxury, which is what I assume you think being rich is.
>>
>>80136403
So if you have lots of money and live a nice life you are basically bad for the common good?

Rich people = bad?
>>
everyone was rich in Zimbabwe
>>
>>80136486
Not really. Someone's gonna be rich. Most likely that involves a great deal of others being poor, but even if their conscience bit them in the ass and they decided to "share the wealth", they'd just be replaced.
>>
If everyone was rich, nobody would be rich (in comparison to who?).
>>
>>80136781
That's not an argument. I'm talking about post scarcity or abundance.
>>
>>80136019
Why can't everyone act like decent human beings?
>>
>>80136019
Because not everyone is smart.
>>
>>80136994
socno access to resources which would lead to comfort and safety.
>>
File: mbqMfWjKmK-10.png (8 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
mbqMfWjKmK-10.png
8 KB, 300x250
>>80136019
It can happen anon!
I'll show you how, just step on to this stool and put your head through my happy dream machine it will make all your wishes come true.
>>
>>80137305
what a prankster you are. Do you have lots of friends?
>>
>>80137362
If i include your mom i'll have about 6.
>>
>>80136019

if everyone had the same amount of money on earth we'd be living below the standard of literally a homeless person in the west
>>
>>80137552
O:
>>
>>80137606
No. That's not what im saying. I'm not saying "the same amount of money. I'm saying everyone has a big house with lots of yard space and as much good food as they want and all the appliances and gadgets and material goods they want.
>>
>>80137783
You'll need farmers and hunters for that sort of shit.
>>
Abundance does not exist. People will always want more and more.
>>
File: 2403942.jpg (255 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
2403942.jpg
255 KB, 1162x850
>>80136019
what do you mean by rich?
having a piece of paper with numbers on it makes you feel like a big man
I understand
being able to buy things is something everyone can already do
buy more or less what is the difference in terms of economic impact? just numbers anon
imaginary numbers about imaginary things
we are all rich but much of what we have is stolen from us
some people never have enough
what do you want, anon
what is your actual goal
you have some fixation on something
but all you ask is 'why cant everyone be rich'

you should think about it before posting
lurk moar
>>
>everyone rich
>no one wants to serve someone else because that other person can't afford their services
>being rich loses its meaning
>everyone is poor
>>
>>80138934
>what is automation
>>
>>80136868
if there was post-scarcity everyone could be rich. There isn't.
>>
>>80136019
Money is a fluctuating set of perceptions. Lets use this simple thought experiment. A society in which 4 people live exists. Each of them gets 2 apples each. Suppose the next week they get another 2 apples. Their net well being increased from higher amount of food, but neither of them have more apples than the other. The society is more well off, but nobody is "rich". To be rich is to imbalance the distribution of resources. Everyone can't be rich, because richness is a duality, it relies on poorness to exist. Rich doesn't exist without poor.
>>
Rich is relative.

The bottom 1% of the US lives better than 50% of the world.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.