[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /pol/ familiar with Terence Mckenna?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: mckenna.jpg (90 KB, 960x752) Image search: [Google]
mckenna.jpg
90 KB, 960x752
He is more relevant now than ever. The world is in crisis and he predicted things would get crazier and crazier. Why didn't you listen to him?
Instead you've been arguing with the opposition like atheists vs christians and coming up with no solutions. It's constant noise, nobody seems to understand eachother anymore.

this man transcended the red pill and left you niggas in the dust

Anyone have any opinions about his ideas and theories?

>“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
>>
>>80115207
He got busted and to save his own ass he worked for cia to spread disinformation during the hippy movement. McKenna preaches all kind of nwo degeneracy. Mainly that the male should be feminine, and orgies etc..
>>
Hes a poet philosopher who can explain shit well.
>>
>>80115207
drug addict
>>
>>80115207
or Bill Cooper
>>
>>80115207

Yes.

CIA plant.

False prophet.

Not very well read.
>>
>>80115207
>“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

https://youtu.be/tE_5Y9IKCk0
>>
>>80116650

He's as fake a revolutionaire as Bill Hicks.

Psychedelis change you but they dont transcend you.

There's no superiority to them, despite what McKenna and others like Leary and Crowley suggest.
>>
>>80116650
>>80116901
Such well thought arguments and responses, really made me think
>>
>>80117687

Tread very carefully into the New Age stuff.

It has more to do with Magick and occultic practices than with liberation and freedom.

Change is assured but there's no moral compass save for yours and yours only.

Follow your heart and dont be fooled by others who are working to deceive you into believing their narrative over that of yours.
>>
>>80116052
how do you know he was CIA and what was the disinformation?

I've never once had the impression that he implied males should be feminine and encouraged orgies. He has said before that amazon peoples who used to take psychedelics religiously had orgies. Though pschyedelics taken at sufficent doses increase sexual stimulation and people probably had less boundaries back then so no surprise there
>>
>>80117946
It sound like you don't really have an understanding of what you're really talking about. No offence

He was no guru. He has even said not to listen to him. He simply offered ideas and musings and shared his thoughts and shed light on historically facsinating people that otherswise would be forgotton
>>
>>80118296

The New Age movement was a social experiment in all its branches.

>>80118765

I was refering more to others with that statement. As I said McKenna is poorly cultured (not well read) in my oppinion .

McKenna doesnt have much interest to me. Just some guy that thought he knew something when he didnt know anything at all.

Anyone can say pretty things but dont think with your heart
>>
>>80119031
You couldn't be more wrong. He dedicated his life to reading. From Plato to Jung, James Joyce, Alfred North Whitehead, Marshall Mcluhan, the list goes on and on. He seemed to have a firm grasp on past cultures and histories aswell.

I just think he has a lot of interesting ideas worth thinking about. Particularly the majpr role psychedelics played in human evolution
>>
File: stoner_degenerates_btfo.png (407 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
stoner_degenerates_btfo.png
407 KB, 640x720
>FUCK OFF JUNKIE DEGENERATES!!!

>/pol/ IS A STRAIGHTxXxEDGE BOARD!!!

>SERIOUSLY GO DIE BEFORE YOUR DISGUSTING ADDICTIONS GET THE BETTER OF YOU AND YOU RESORT TO THEFT OR MURDER TO SUSTAIN THEM
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.