[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As an Homage to George Takei, John Cho’s Sulu Is Gay in Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (223 KB, 724x513) Image search: [Google]
file.png
223 KB, 724x513
>t's a whole new world for Hikaru Sulu. John Cho, the actor who plays Sulu in the J.J. Abrams film reboots of Star Trek, says the helmsman will be revealed as gay in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/john-cho-george-takei-sulu-gay-star-trek-beyond.html?mid=twitter_vulture
>>
File: Soren.jpg (28 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
Soren.jpg
28 KB, 528x544
>>
>Star Trek being redpilled ever.
>>
Was his species considered to not have sexual preferences or anything? Or is this just shitting in the Star Trek lore? I'm assuming IF he is not human.
>>
>>80107593
I dont mind because it was actually somewhat implied ever since the 60's sulu was suposed to be gay. There even was an episode where an alien gave the crew worthy companions or something. All the guys got women except sulu who got a ripped manly samurai.

The real problem will be if the try to change the fudamentals of the caracther, like having him act like a fag or do extremely gay stuff on the bridge, since Sulu was always shown as very professional.

>>80108203
hes not an alien, just japanese.
>>
>>80108329
>The real problem will be if the try to change the fudamentals of the caracther, like having him act like a fag or do extremely gay stuff on the bridge, since Sulu was always shown as very professional.
Oh they WILL show him kissing another man, count on it.
>>
>>80109277
My problem is if they do it in a OOC way. Allow me to explain:

>Sulu kisses his boyfriend before leaving for a dangerous mission as a goodbye before leaving earth
Thats ok. It makes sense and fits his personality.

>Sulu kisses his boyfriend while in the bridge in full view of all the crewmates in during his shift
Not ok. He is way too serious about his job as navigator to break protocol like that.
>>
>>80109277
So he'll have a Spock in his mouth?
>>
File: 1463134359664.jpg (20 KB, 380x337) Image search: [Google]
1463134359664.jpg
20 KB, 380x337
>>80107593
>orientation
>orient
>>
But Sulu the character was straight, he frequently was interested in the women he came across.
>>
>>80107593
Plot twist: George takei hates the updates
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.