[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arts and literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1458608486179.jpg (192 KB, 1200x1215) Image search: [Google]
1458608486179.jpg
192 KB, 1200x1215
Whenever I got to /lit/ they're very hostile about anyone that isn't a leftist and such. Apparently right wing people don't read books or have an appreciation for anything arts wise.

Is that true? What do you guys like?
>>
They probably kicked you out because you couldn't keep yourself from spreading /pol/lution there and didn't actually talk about books
>>
>>80087484
I'm not /pol/, curious what you guys think though.
>>
Modern art is trash and I think many leftists agree with that. Unfortunately some people on certain boards are up their own ass and defend it because it's 'Theirs"

Because it was made while they were alive and isn't some old thing. It's retarded
>>
>>80086421
No they aren't. They are just anti-/pol/. As everyone should be, I don't believe there is a single intellectual on /pol/.
>>
>>80087984
There are a few. Look hard enough, and you might come across an informed post here or there.
>>
>>80087984
I saw some pretty intellectual Mexican posts earlier
>>
>>80086421
/pol/is the real /lit/. The clue's in the name, /polit/ically incorrect.
>>
>>80087984
Aren't any on there either. It's basic leftist arguments of dismissing what you say and calling you names
>>
>>80087484

butthurt /lit/ liberal detected
>>
>>80088570

This. The difference is /lit/ takes three paragraphs to say nothing, /pol/ can simply call you a cuck faggot
>>
>>80087984

The average /pol/lack possesses a far superior intellect than the average person.
>>
>>80089631
>>80088570
Point me to a single thread on /pol/ that isn't bait, trolling, sliding or shitposted into irrelevance.
>>
>>80088680
Nice try, I'm not any of those things.

Don't have to be to see /pol/lution for what it is.
>>
>>80089819
This one
>>
I'm just here for bantz and meme magic.
>>
They don't have a country argument and end up looking dumber then the people they make fun of. That said you should keep politics to the politics board
>>
>>80090129
You can't not bring up politics when it involves certain books
>>
>>80090129
*actual

Damn phone keeps fucking up
>>
>>80090226
Then the conservation should stay in that thread
>>
>>80089922
not true, aussies are slidding as we speak
>>80089819
>>80084885
>>
>>80086421
I've read every day since kindergarten, and that is not an exaggeration; vacations, illness, and everything included. I cannot imagine going a day without spending at least the hour before bed reading.

I read novels, mostly. I tend to like things with a supernatural element to it, or science fiction. I'm a big fan of Jim Butcher at the moment, and am rereading the Dresden Files for the thirtieth time. They're about a wizard who lives in Chicago, and it's just as awesome as it sounds.

I read a lot of horror, but it all needs something supernatural, or I just don't enjoy it. I went through a pretty big Stephen King phase for a while.

I used to read a lot of high fantasy as a teenager; Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Shannara, and, of course, Lord of the Rings, which got me started reading heavy stuff in second grade.

I tend to stay away from classic literature in my leisure time; I read enough Shakespeare, Milton, and Chaucer when I studied them in college.

I read the way a lot of people play video games: to have a good time, relax, and enjoy myself. The people on /lit/ are so far up their own asses about what constitutes a good book that they wouldn't even consider reading something that the vast majority of people actually enjoy. Go on there and mention how much you like Stephen King, watch what happens. They're literary fucking hipsters. Just ignore them.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.