[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolution vs Creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
Hello pol i am a creationist, I believe the world was created by God as the bible says but a lot of people i work with and come into contact with believe in evolution because "they learned it in school" but can not prove it is actually possible. It is simple because if evolution is a lie then God is real and did in fact crate the earth, can anyone prove to me evolution is even possible? protip:you can't
>>
>>79983326
Create*
>>
Don't associate this guy with Catholics. We accept God created through evolution. And fundamentalists, plz stop making Christians look retarded.
>>
File: 1297556354196.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1297556354196.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
>>79983326
Can you prove God is real and created the Earth? Because if not then there's no reason to believe that both creationists and evolutionists are right or wrong.

I'm agnostic myself because how fucking egotistical do you need to be to decide if you know for a fact there's a higher power out there when you're just one person, but I do believe in the mountains of evidence that generally supports things like the dating of Earth's formation, the origin of life here, etc.
>>
>Inherit the wind
>>
>>79983326
go back to 2012 where you belong
>>
>>79983724
more like 1612
>>
Global warming cultists are the left's creationists.
>>
File: Adam Eve and Noah.jpg (60 KB, 864x645) Image search: [Google]
Adam Eve and Noah.jpg
60 KB, 864x645
http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

OP. I am too but I would be more prepared next time.
>>
>>79983326
Evolution doesn't disprove the existance of God, so there is no need to worry.
>>
>>79983326
You can't convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced OP
>>
>>79983603
Please stop thinking you're a Christian.
>>
>>79983636
Sure.

Is the earth real?

Then the Creator of the earth is real.
>>
>>79986222
Those are fascinating evidence of the Chinese having independent knowledge of Noah's flood.
>>
File: Noah Drawing.png (717 KB, 864x639) Image search: [Google]
Noah Drawing.png
717 KB, 864x639
>>79986540
https://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j19_2/j19_2_96-108.pdf
>>
>>79983326

It is indisputable that humans adapt to environments and situations. You cannot possibly debunk that, because it so painfully obvious.

Evolutionists take that same factual concept of adaptation and apply it to humans and other species, stretching back over eons. Think of fish, and lizards, and caterpillars becoming butterflies, and all that stuff. When I was younger, there was a lot of very good info out there about this stuff. But people don't seem interested in this stuff much anymore.

Evolution does not disprove God at all, and I say this as an atheist. It's entirely possible that "evolution" is simply the process that God implemented when he created the Earth and all it's species. It's also entirely possible that God had dumbed down the Bible so semi-literate people in the desert could understand it way back in the day.
>>
>>79986222
>>79986644

More anon deus vult!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>79983603
What nonsense. You don't even believe in Jesus Christ anymore if you deny creation. If death was already in the world, what was Jesus Christ even trying to save us from according to Catholics? Its so silly.

>>79986702
Adaptability has nothing to do with the general theory of evolution existing.
>>
>>79986877

>Adaptability has nothing to do with the general theory of evolution existing.

How so?
>>
File: Its Time.png (325 KB, 908x525) Image search: [Google]
Its Time.png
325 KB, 908x525
>>79986866
Lots of starting points in the pastebin. Don't be lazy.
>>
>>79983326

>It is simple because if evolution is a lie then God is real and did in fact crate the earth

I realise this is b8, but it's amazing how many people frame the argument in this way.
>>
I believe a god(s) created the universe but I don't believe god(s) is religious at all.
>>
There is a mountain of evidence for evolution. It's mechanisms have been experimentally demonstrated. People like you are too stupid to bother arguing with.
>>
File: 1467801170943.png (74 KB, 894x700) Image search: [Google]
1467801170943.png
74 KB, 894x700
Yeah, just gonna leave these here so you people can use some tiny bit of logic when forming your next thoughts. Already seen some facepalms in this thread.
>>
Macroevolution is a fraud, not supported by any evidence, and actually requires more faith than a belief in God.

Microevolution exists, but has not, and cannot, lead to macroevolution. A bird will never evolve into anything other than a bird. A reptile will never evolve into anything other than a reptile. Et cetera, et cetera.

>>79983603

You are a heretic and a fool.
>>
File: fUAm3b0.png (148 KB, 817x823) Image search: [Google]
fUAm3b0.png
148 KB, 817x823
READ: Agnostic is not its own belief claim, it is a knowledge claim. You're an Atheist whose also agnostic, you're not just an Agnostic, that's not a thing.
>>
>>79983603
Catholicism is directly against the teachings of the Bible.
>>
creationists don't actually exist you guys
this is a troll
>>
>>79987161
Just like how wolves never became dogs and dinosaurs never became birds in the first place, right fuckwit? You know nothing Jon Snow.
>>
>>79987161

What mechanism would prevent an accumulation of micro from becoming what you'd call macro?
>>
File: verujem u boga.jpg (23 KB, 320x381) Image search: [Google]
verujem u boga.jpg
23 KB, 320x381
>>
>>79986265

but creatures are so beautiful and complex. All the living and colors were CREATED and the presence of them emboldens the faith in the creator.
>>
>>79986955
All mutations are deleterious in one way or another. Whenever anything is selectively bred we are simply choosing one piece of information over another to be dominant in a particular line. The other information still exists but is either broken to the point of uselessness and must be bred back into the line via another strain or simply suffered to exist without I.E the ability to retain iron in your system.

General theory of evolution has never been observed. Even Richard Dawkings admits this.
>>
>>79983326
kys
>>
Evolution just doesn't make any sense. Why do people believe that bullshit?
>>
>>79987412
resistancy to toxins is observed in bacteria and insects
>>
>>79987145
Except the left can't actually discover metaphysical truth. Try again.
>>
I will just leave this here OP, it destroys evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IHO-QkmomY
>>
>>79987412

>ev·o·lu·tion
>the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

There, I'll be lazy and paste the definition.

The only reason Christians say evolution is not real is because they want to hang on to a fundamentalist interpretation of their religion. The process of evolution itself has nothing to do with God not existing, it's simply biological organisms adapting to the environment and then changing from their previous state.
>>
>>79987624

But you can only assert you've discovered metaphysical truth. How am I to tell whether you are full of shit or not?
>>
>>79987509

whats your concept of evolution?
>>
>>79983326
It doesn't matter which is correct, all that matters is what people think is correct.

The will always triumphs.
>>
>>79987624
Everything they've ever discovered has led to you shitposting on 4chins and jacking off to japanese traps you faggot. The only thing religion has ever discovered is how to get away with pedophilia, theft and murder. You just have to be the 1%.

You science denying faggots are the worst as you sit there reaping the benefits if science everyday in FUCKING AMERICA of all places you pampered ass delusional retard.
>>
>>79987161
You don't understand what evolution is. There is no difference between "micro" and "macro". Macro is simply micro over a longer period of time.

>>79987412
>all mutations are deleterious
This is just patently false. Are you being disengenuous or are you just a fucking idiot?
>>
File: spooks.png (46 KB, 245x264) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
46 KB, 245x264
>>79983636
>how fucking egotistical do you need to be to decide if you know for a fact there's a higher power out there when you're just one person

I think your problem lies with Atheists.
>>
>>79987353
Speciation through devolution is a thing but its a downward arrow. Not upward. Entropy tells us that and we observe it in biology. Every generation of humans for example on average accumulates 100~200 more deleterious mutations then the last one while gaining no positive mutations.

If you want a simpler way to realize that you've been lied to. Go research star birth and see how many they've found being born. They've only found one system and it could just as easily be falling apart from the looks of it. Also there should be a lot more than just one (trillions) star system in the sky being formed if evolutionary theory (which is contrary to entropy and compression in a vacuum) is true.

Or why ware there entire galaxies of blue stars which can only live for 50 million years maximum? They know a galaxy like that couldn't have been around long.
>>
>>79987879
If all mutations are deleterious then bacteria never would have made it past one cell, or probably never would have formed in the first place.

Just goes to show what the average pseudo-science creationist knows. Like the fucktard using birds as an example of an animal that always was, when we know they came from dinosaurs.
>>
It's the same shit

>creation
god says the word and shit happens
>evolution
big bang started with a frequency
>>
>>79987850
>Everything they've ever discovered has led to you shitposting on 4chins and jacking off to japanese traps you faggot. The only thing religion has ever discovered is how to get away with pedophilia, theft and murder. You just have to be the 1%.
>You science denying faggots are the worst as you sit there reaping the benefits if science everyday in FUCKING AMERICA of all places you pampered ass delusional retard.
True atheism speaks out of you.
>>
File: 1460754462965.jpg (41 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
1460754462965.jpg
41 KB, 421x834
>>79986877
>>
File: Atheism.png (301 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Atheism.png
301 KB, 800x600
>>79987850
I need some "Atheism forever" memes.
>>
>>79987703
We don't believe its real because we have evidence to the contrary and no evidence for evolution.

Devolution is a process where information is lost and speciation can happen from a initial starting people for many different kinds/families of animals.

We don't even have to look towards the flaws of evolution to see that the universe is young and so is the earth though. Its quite obvious if we simply gaze into the heavens and see many impossibilities if we are thinking with the wrong presuppositions. Such as a long age.
>>
File: Fedo.jpg (59 KB, 494x481) Image search: [Google]
Fedo.jpg
59 KB, 494x481
>>79987850
I feel ya, man.
All these God-botherers.
They made the south a shithole.
BAZINGA
WE MUST THROW BACK AT THE GOYIM EVERYTHING THEY'VE THROWN AT US!!
>>
I think when young earth creationists identify themselves they should have to specificy young-earth creationists.

>"I can't truly know everything about the world around me except that which can be tested via empiricism" - Agnostic

>"I can't truly know everything about the world around me except that which can be tested via empiricism. I just have a feeling in my heart that something greater is behind all of it." - Creationist.

>"Durr the world is 6000 years old and everything else is a lie and you can't prove me wrong because I have a bible." - Young earth creationist.

Not even the same thing.
>>
>>79983326
Okay, so, I'm a Christian, first and foremost.

Secondly, you're an idiot if you don't think evolution is possible. It is simply natural selection over countless generations.

Let me ask you a few questions:

1. Do you believe in genetic mutation?
2. Do you believe in migration of species?
3. Do you believe in inheritable traits?
4. Do you believe that creatures with inferior traits are more likely to die young?

If the answer to these questions is "yes," then you believe in evolution, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>79983326
I always get stuck on
>Who created the creator
and
>How was the "primordial soup" created from basic elements.
>>
>>79988454
You're making the assumption that there aren't creationists in all fields of science.
>>
>>79987258
No, Catholicism is the first and only true Church. It is more founded in the Bible then 'sola fida' nonsense.

Sorry we don't want people to continue lives of sin if they can help it.
>>
>>79988467
I suggest you look into genetic entropy and get off your high horse.
>>
>>79987509
This is something people with a high school education or less believe
>>
File: 1467456597729.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467456597729.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
>>79988256
Oh wow, cool picture. Whose the real fedora tipper? You're committing such a basic fallacy here it's unreal.

Atheism doesn't have a dogma or objective. It's just not believing in god. You can tie that to any other ulterior motives you want, same as religion. Religion is responsible for far more suffering throughout history than a lack of religion, and a lack of religion is what allowed us to conquer the dark ages and actually start researching our reality.

Keep falling for the Christ memes you utterly naive eternal jew slave. Atheism is necessary in Communism the same way a belief in God is necessary to live with yourself, you piece of garbage. Go rape a kiddie and apologize for it so you can get into heaven with Hitler, your wholesome catholic hero.
>>
>>79988589

You're lumping creationists with young-earth-autists again.

Which is what I'm saying needs to be stopped.
>>
>>79987850
This was perfect. I wish I could give you a hug leaf-bro.
>>
File: 25-555-50-1.jpg (573 KB, 1400x1116) Image search: [Google]
25-555-50-1.jpg
573 KB, 1400x1116
>>79988467
>Let me ask you a few questions:
>1. Do you believe in genetic mutation?
>2. Do you believe in migration of species?
>3. Do you believe in inheritable traits?
>4. Do you believe that creatures with inferior traits are more likely to die young?
>If the answer to these questions is "yes," then you believe in evolution, you fucking idiot.

Why?
Why is the Dunning-Krueger effect so prevalent, literally everywhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740

Evolutionary theory is
>unjustified
>unsubstantiated
>unproven
>undefended

It isn't even a scientific theory.
It is nothing like a theory in Physics or Mathematics, the place where "scientific theories" exist.

Biology has no "scientific theories" they are as explicable and defensible as historical theories, they are nothing in terms of science.

I studied biology, I've spoken to biologists, Evolutionary theory has nothing that a physicist could understand or that an engineer could implement.

We shall see Darwin join Freud and Marx in our lifetime.
>>
>>79988380
>We don't believe its real because we have evidence to the contrary and no evidence for evolution.

there is NO evidence for creation
>>
>>79988910
So do you believe that dinosaur bones are just a big conspiracy by the Jews to prevent you from finding Jesus?
>>
>>79987161
>a creature has a mutation and "microevolves" in a slightly different creature.
>this happens repeatedly
>over the course of a gorillion years, the initial creature "macroevolves" in a completely different creature through the various steps of "microevolution".

Wow, it really makes you think.
>>
Well I've gotta go to do a meeting but if any of you want creationist materials or simply biblical research. This might help.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

>>79989019
The arrogance of the youth strikes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC
>>
>>79989075
Where did the first organisms come from?

Please support your argument with observable evidence.
>>
>>79988734
>genetic entropy
It baffles me that despite entropy being a primary argument against evolution no creationists seem to understand what it means.
>>
>>79988734
Maybe you should look into genetic entropy and realize it's a Christian meme perpetuated by false scientists. You christfags purposefully infiltrate the scientific community with a plan to find evidence for God. You even peddle falsehoods like this like dirty Jews.

https://ncse.com/cej/2/2/creationist-misunderstanding-misrepresentation-misuse-second
http://www.sciencemeetsreligion.org/evolution/thermodynamics.php
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo/creationism.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

Entropy does not apply to open systems like the Earth's biosphere retard. Evolution is proven just from the fossil records alone, nevermind archeological evidence or DNA evidence.

You literally keep using a fallacy as your main argument backed up by pseudo-science and no sources with your only fallback as dropping buzzwords and saying "google it" because you hope people are too lazy or dumb to understand, like you.
>>
>Entropy
Fuck you. Thermodynamics is my field.

You know not of what you speak.

"order/disorder" are just shitty analogies people have proposed to explain entropy to pleb-level minds.
>>
>>79988910
>unjustified
>unsubstantiated
>unproven
>undefended
Those all apply to creationism far more than evolution
>>
>>79989613
Matt Dillahunty was destroying arguments like Entropy, First Cause, no true scottsman and all the favorite Christ memes 20 years ago on Atheist Experience.

It's not surprising that these people who deny science and maintain false ideologies for thousands of years will also fail to adapt their arguments when proven wrong countless times.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
When they continue to use arguments that their father's father got BTFO'd for, what hope is there of convincing them? They live in such a delusion that the bubble they've constructed to explain it all away is 10x more complex than the explanation they mock us for. And don't realize it.
>>
>>79989310
The first organism could have magically originated from Jew ash for all I care, doesn't change the fact that we have empirical evidence of how evolution did work for all the following organisms.
>>
>>79983603
Don't speak for all Catholics. I'm Catholic, and I think evolution is nonsense. The idea that God would use millions of years of death to create man is completely repugnant to the idea of a loving God, clearly contradicts the scriptures, and makes nonsense of the idea that we can hope for eternal life from such a death-loving "God".

Theistic evolution is Hindu, not Christian.
>>
>>79989213

wow, he believes the moon hoax! what a SHILL
>>
File: entropy.png (13 KB, 648x332) Image search: [Google]
entropy.png
13 KB, 648x332
>>
>>79989971
Then you're a creationist.
>>
>>79990319
>checks flag
LIKE CLOCKWORK
>>
>>79987879
> There is no difference between "micro" and "macro". Macro is simply micro over a longer period of time.

No. Genetic potential is not infinite. You can breed a race-horse out of a horse, or a labrador out of a wolf; but you cannot breed an iguana out of a horse, or a dolphin out of a wolf.
Look at example at engineering. You can adapt cars in many different ways - race-cars, limousines, pick-up trucks, etc., but you can't adapt a car into a boat or an aeroplane with changing the fundamental design; that is no longer adaptation, but a total transformation.
Adaptation (micro-evolution) is possible, but no transformation (macro-evolution).
>>
>>79990210

will everything be destroyed eventually?
>>
>>79990385
WHERE
DID
THE
PRIMORDIAL
SOUP
COME
FROM
?

Not a tough question, why hasn't anyone been able to recreate it?
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>79983326
What a tasty morsel!
>>79983603
Ouch! What's that sharp piece of steel cutting into my lip?

Just another (((Jesuit))) bait thread, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood pedophile.
>>
>>79990484
That topic goes too far into conjecture to be worth labeling as a scientific debate.

"heat death" aka entropy death for the universe would rely upon there being an even number of quantized units of energy in the universe. Something that simply can't be known.
>>
>>79990079
>a loving God
Literally believing the Bible which is meant to be symbolism and metaphor only.

Explain pic related especially when it happens to "good catholic parents."

Inb4 test of faith
>>
>>79990428
>Adaptation (micro-evolution) is possible, but no transformation (macro-evolution).

And transformation is not just a series of adaptations. Transformation requires a reconstitution of the whole structure. I can adapt my house into a great mansion, but I can't transform my house into a bridge without destroying the whole structure and starting from scratch.
Transformation a mouse into an elephant would not just be a process of adding a little bit here and there to the mouse, but would require you to break down the entire genetic structure of the mouse and start again.
>>
>>79990428
>you cannot breed an iguana out of a horse
No, and that's not what theory of evolution claims.
>>
>>79990484

not him but here are 2 theries.

1. universe will eventualy contract, recompress then repeat the big bang.

2. as per stephen hawking, he beleives the universe will spread so large, gravity will not have the ability to recompress everything, so everything will eventually stop and freeze.

if there are anymore feel free to add
>>
File: 1466883306530.png (183 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1466883306530.png
183 KB, 500x377
>Salvation is through a literal interpretation of Genesis

Even Augustine suggested it to be allegorical.
>>
>This actually has replies
Guys, if this isn't a shill thread, it's fucking retardedsaged
>>
>>79990428
That is such a terrible and ignorant comparison on so many levels I can't even process it all at once. Please print out what you just said, and go around to biology professors to be laughed at.

>>79990582
The "we don't know yet so we can't possibly know" argument is as old as it gets motherfucker.
>>
>>79990679
We suffer in this life and suffer death due to original sin. Those that suffer more in this life will be dealt with more mercifully on judgement day. There are countless souls in hell who were born healthy and lived lives of luxury, and who wish they had been that baby, because they would have had a far, far less painful afterlife if they had.
>>
>>79990906
>That is such a terrible and ignorant comparison on so many levels I can't even process it all at once. Please print out what you just said, and go around to biology professors to be laughed at.

Not an argument.
>>
File: emergingfromsphere.gif (677 KB, 527x396) Image search: [Google]
emergingfromsphere.gif
677 KB, 527x396
>>79987850
Whoa there leaf-friend, I only denied science's ability to find truth. Seems you're making a strictly pragmatic argument and completely ignoring my point. I'd challenge you to think beyond the strawman you just attacked. I have no problem with science, it just has it's place and can't be substituted for metaphysical philosophy.
>>
>>79983603
The bible and evolution is incompatible.
>>
>>79990582
Except they have. My Sister was working on it a few years back and they actually succeded in creating aminoacids out of it. It was interesting as hell but i was a little shit back then and didnt pay that much attention.
>>
>>79990906
>The "we don't know yet so we can't possibly know" argument is as old as it gets motherfucker.

We don't know that god doesn't exist either, fucking retarded argument.
>>
>>79990698
Yes it does. The theory of evolution needs the genetic code to be infinitely malleable / transformable. It says that a bacteria can transform into a fish and a fish can transform into a lizard and a lizard can transform into a bird.
>>
>>79991120
Oh shit, thanks for the non cuck post german bro. Got a source?
>>
>>79987258
We drink from the healthy pool of indoeuropean tradition. Don't blame us for trying to take away the Jew from Jewsus.
>>
File: yPV8ydQ5uvgQCGa6JJowvVpE.jpg (88 KB, 1024x497) Image search: [Google]
yPV8ydQ5uvgQCGa6JJowvVpE.jpg
88 KB, 1024x497
>>79990428
>implying all the vertebrates don't have basically the same body structure.
>>
>>79990792

The big bang theory is bad and cosmologists need to let go of it. Because it just gives fuel to the fire for creationists because of how bad a theory it is.

We have a tiny sliver of time worth of observations that suggests the universe is expanding (and at a rate that increases exponentially).

But if you take Ockham's razor into consideration there are a lot of presumptions in big bang:

#1. Big bang requires cosmic inflation, because the observed data suggests that most of the expansion would have had to have happened near instantaneously before beginning a much slower expansion afterwards.

#2. Dark matter/dark energy. The Dark doesn't mean they are literally dark. The dark means that we don't have any evidence of their existence. They are just required to explain abnormalities in the expansion as well as the apparent acceleration of said expansion.

So big bang theory is actually just a weak hypothesis that doesn't deserve to be paraded around with the certainty people speak of it with.
>>
File: elephant_mouse.jpg (47 KB, 966x339) Image search: [Google]
elephant_mouse.jpg
47 KB, 966x339
>>79990693
>but would require you to break down the entire genetic structure of the mouse and start again.

there are actually many analogies in these animals. They both have heart, liver, kidneys, a lung, four limbs with "elbows" and "knees", teeth, two very similar eyes, which are above the nose which is close to the mouth, both have a tail connected to a hip bone, both have rips and "finger"-bones.
>>
File: Molluenuenue.jpg (43 KB, 760x541) Image search: [Google]
Molluenuenue.jpg
43 KB, 760x541
>>79990998
I'm not giving you an argument because you're not giving an argument you blind hypocrite. I told you, if you want to get destroyed in an argument go talk to some real professionals so you can get destroyed.

>>79990930
Typical response, the whole original sin trip. Quick, someone baptize that baby real quick before it burns in hell for no reason! We're so smart!

That baby will burn for eternity and deserve it according to your own argument, then you follow up with a contradiction. Are you saying it will go to heaven without being baptized or saved? Or are you just saying it will be tortured a little more gently than others for eternity?

Again we can follow the logic of a creationist straight into the dirt without even presenting an opposing view. And you wonder why there are Atheists?

MUH FAITH! MUH FEAR OF DEATH! MUH FEEELS!
>Not an argument
>>
2016 anno domini and people still fall for this head over heels
>>
File: 1466782428256.jpg (147 KB, 849x696) Image search: [Google]
1466782428256.jpg
147 KB, 849x696
>dem silly creationists conflating abiogenesis with evolution yet again
>not being based deists and subscribing to Jew 2.0 ramblings
>>
>>79991137
Burden of proof is on you to prove it. Not on us to disprove your unproven claim. To believe an unproven claim is retarded.

Eat your own shit because it's healthy. Prove this is not true. And don't use test the poo or look it up, because that's science!
>>
>>79990582
>>79991225
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment
>>
>>79991375
>>79991342

Yes, and there are many analogies between a car and plane - they both have engines, passenger seats, windows, wheels, pedals, diagnostics, etc. But they are still structurally distinct - one is made to travel on the road, the other through the sky.
>>
>>79991148
A fish doesn't transform into a lizard overnight, it goes through several hundred/thousand small variations over millions of years until eventually if it met up with its ancestors it would be unable to reproduce, thus being a different species or bird.

Also, birds didn't come from lizards that's a gross oversimplification. You just can't grasp the immense time period or understand the actual idea behind evolution, it's too big for your chav head.
>>
>>79991665

ostrichs are birds but can't fly. I guess the creator had a bad time when he made that.
>>
>>79991827
He's just going to keep talking about cars and planes as if it has any relevance to evolution.
>>
>>79991665
What stops me from mounting wings on a car and turning it into a plane?

Furthermore, what does this have to do with animals, since cars don't reproduce?
>>
>>79991633
Amino acids aren't life though. Is there an experiment that shows these amino acids can turn into single cell organisms?
>>
>>79991999
Trips of truth. The only god I could believe in is Pepe, the god of logic. We should try to make Pepe a real religion, and after society collapses and rebuilds itself people will have frog temples and praise Kek. It has more basis in reality than the Bible and it was also created by humans.
>>
>>79991827
>A fish doesn't transform into a lizard overnight, it goes through several hundred/thousand small variations over millions of years

You missed my argument. A car does not become a plane through small variations. They have two entirely distinct structural designs. You can't take a fish's genetic code and turn it into a lizard's genetic code through small variations, even billions and billlions of variations. In order to get a lizard's genetic code from a fish's, you would have to totally break down the fish's genetic structure and start again from scratch.

>You just can't grasp the immense time period

Time doesn't make the impossible possible.

>or understand the actual idea behind evolution

I understand and reject it. Stop getting emotional because I don't believe what you believe. Think rationally and not emotionally.

>>79991999
It's called analogy; we are talking about structure, design, adaptation in both cases.
>>
>>79992329
>You can't take a fish's genetic code and turn it into a lizard's genetic code through small variations, even billions and billlions of variations. In order to get a lizard's genetic code from a fish's, you would have to totally break down the fish's genetic structure and start again from scratch.

you are wrong
there are actually still common genes in fish and in lizards
>>
>>79992275
>What stops me from mounting wings on a car and turning it into a plane?

Try it. Cars don't use the right fuel, they don't have the right aerodynamics. You would have to redesign your car completely, using different materials and with a different shape.
>>
>>79992494
>there are actually still common genes in fish and in lizards

Houses and cars both have windows.
>>
>>79992323
remain unconvinced but stop spouting your non-theory.
>>
>>79992329
>It's called analogy
It's called a horrible analogy that doesn't work at all. Your entire argument is founded on a flawed understanding of evolution.
>They have two entirely distinct structural designs
Which they reached by small variation over time, and will continue to morph
>You can't take a fish's genetic code and turn it into a lizard's genetic code through small variations, even billions and billlions of variations
Yes you can, over millions and millions of years. Explain dinosaurs, where'd they all come from? Was that God's test phase?
>Stop getting emotional because I don't believe what you believe. Think rationally and not emotionally.
Coming from a Christcuck. Wew.

This is like me trying to tell the Pope what to do without ever reading the Bible motherfucker. Stop.
>>
>>79992630
I'm asking for evidence, which is part of scientific theory isn't it?
>>
>>79991665
Wow, and cars and planes have a lot of overlapping technology

That's insane, it's almost like they originated from the same developments in technology
>>
Creationists: Evolution is a set of traits surviving more often throughout generations. Green beetles blend in with the grass and therefore survive for generations creating populations of almost entirely green beetles. Until there is a drought. Then brown beetles slowly but surely begin to make up the majority of the population.

Evolutionists: Yeah dude, lighting totally zapped some water eons ago, and like, BAM!, life just sort of...sprang into existence. Fish started growing legs and shit, apes started morphing into humans, and somehow some of the amphibians grew wings and even started flying! Far out!!
>>
>>79991391
>>79992329

And respond to what I said earlier. Will that harlequin baby go to Heaven and contradict your bible, or will it go to Hell for being an original sinner and burn forever destroying your all-loving god argument?

Your shitty logic has led you to a dead end, like it always does, where you're forced to concede one of your positions due to your poorly thought-out stance. Like always.
>>
Op is a retard.
There was always some stuff and one day it exploded and over a billion years the stuff cooled which apparently makes planets and trees and animals but only on our planet the rest of the solar system is just pointless rocks.
It just makes sense
>>
>>79992946
TIL that creationists are the true darwinists
>>
>>79992946
The fuck are you talking about? I think you mixed those two up. Go build an arc and get lost at sea you waste of genetics.
>>
File: 1452279127111.jpg (68 KB, 381x346) Image search: [Google]
1452279127111.jpg
68 KB, 381x346
>>79983326
I think this is very nicely done. It really captures something and was a pleasure to read.
>>
>>79993039
All you can do is oversimplify scientific concepts to the point where you can understand them in plebian terms, then dismantle a strawman. You say to ignore emotions and use rationality, well then stop pre-supposing you're right and actually listen to the other side.

Once again, respond to what I said earlier. Will that harlequin baby go to Heaven and contradict your bible, or will it go to Hell for being an original sinner and burn forever destroying your all-loving god argument?
>>
>>79992716
>Which they reached by small variation over time, and will continue to morph

It's impossible. How can a fish simultaneously develop legs, eyes suited to land, lungs, etc., with all the associated sub-systems? The amount of "adaptation" it would take to turn a pair of fins into a pair of legs would require millions upon millions of ugly, dysfunctional mutants with half fin-legs that would never survive/breed.

>>79992980
>Will that harlequin baby go to Heaven and contradict your bible, or will it go to Hell for being an original sinner and burn forever destroying your all-loving god argument?

Most theologians since the middle ages agree that unbaptised infants go to the highest place in hell which is basically what paradise was for Adam & Eve. A place of complete natural happiness, but without the supernatural happiness that comes from faith & baptism. Before these theologians, some held the opinion that unbaptised infant would be punished in hell, but with the lightest of punishments.
>>
>>79992739

abiogenesis (not evolution) has an unproven explanation, creationism has a claim.

cells from aminosoup > creationism
>>
>>79992716
It was gods test phase makes more sense than a huge rock killed everything except for everything that's still here or wait everything came from nothing so it just happened again right? But this time over 65 million years and not billions?
Gee wiz nothing is sure amazing stuff
>>
Religious fucktards strike again
>>
File: tiger.jpg (13 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
13 KB, 188x269
>>79993101
This is EXACTLY what I was taught in college my friend, a very secular one at that!

It baffled me completely. Years of thinking evolution was the enemy of Christianity and come to find out there is nothing wrong with evolution at all!

I was even handed a sheet of paper that said "Evolution is NOT...a polar bear sprouting wings because it wants to fly suddenly"

And yet...we literally have an Animorphs poster on the wall of an ape turning into a human and we accept this as an absolute truth. When I asked about it, the teacher changed the subject because he thought I was trying to debate him. I wasn't, I was just dumbfounded.

Pic is complete fantasy. Replace it with an ape and it's completely real. Udder lunacy I tell you.
>>
>>79992946
>Evolutionists: Yeah dude, lighting totally zapped some water eons ago, and like, BAM!, life just sort of...sprang into existence. Fish started growing legs and shit, apes started morphing into humans, and somehow some of the amphibians grew wings and even started flying! Far out!!
this is what christcucks actually believe evolution is
>>
>>79993314
i told you, creationists can't help but conflate ebilushun and abiogenesis.
>>
>>79988380

>We don't believe its real because we have evidence to the contrary and no evidence for evolution.

There is clear evidence for the adaptation of species to different situations and environments, now and many ages ago too. Scientists observe adaptation in varying ways, in different eras, with different specimens.

>Devolution is a process where information is lost and speciation can happen from a initial starting people for many different kinds/families of animals.

We are talking about evolution here.

>We don't even have to look towards the flaws of evolution to see that the universe is young and so is the earth though. Its quite obvious if we simply gaze into the heavens and see many impossibilities if we are thinking with the wrong presuppositions. Such as a long age.

I am incredibly suspicious that this is bait. Not only because of what you said, but the way you worded it.

I know you think that the universe and Earth are young because the Bible says so, but still, that's your only source of proof that you have. You can always just cling on to the idea that God said it so it must be true, but your entire position is either bait or speculation. You are taking an old religious text and it's words absolutely literally. I am skeptical of anything that exists in the Bible, for the main reason that God would have had to dull down everything he said so desert dwellers who are semi-literate could understand it. Yes, the different translations sort of cleaned up the Bible over the years in a sense, but the focal point of the text still remains.
>>
>>79993314
An unproven explanation IS a claim you moron.
>>
>>79993573
Nope, this is how evolutionists see it. It's crazy.

The whole lightning striking water and sparking life....it sounds so poetic, how could it not be true?
>>
>>79993573
>this is what christcucks actually believe evolution is
You know, I can respect people who reject reason and science and thus evolution.

The fact that so many US creationists just have no clue is sad and pathetic.
>>
>>79993309
>Most theologians since the middle ages agree that unbaptised infants go to the highest place in hell which is basically what paradise was for Adam & Eve. A place of complete natural happiness, but without the supernatural happiness that comes from faith & baptism. Before these theologians, some held the opinion that unbaptised infant would be punished in hell, but with the lightest of punishments.

Sounds like a bunch of men in dresses squirming around an inconvenient truth in their holy book. They like to make exceptions because even they can't fully stand behind your God's lust for innocent blood. Burn in hell heretic.

>It's impossible. How can a fish simultaneously develop legs, eyes suited to land, lungs, etc., with all the associated sub-systems?
Again you say this as if you know it's fact when you know nothing about the subject. Of course the first life was amphibious like a salamander, slowly developed legs instead of fins, already had partial lungs and skin that could be out of water for periods of time.

I'm seriously done with this. It's like arguing with a wall. You only follow the Bible because it's simple to wrap your mind around and you can feel comfortable thinking you know the truth, when the reality is none of us really know anything. Except that evolution is our best explanation and has yet to be disproved despite all the bickering on your side of the fence.
>>
>>79993618
creationist's claim is unfounded.
>>
>>79983326
low quality bait
>>
>>79993540
>Replace it with an ape and it's completely real.

Replace the Kid with Jesus and it's the Bible.
>>
>>79993618
So is abiogenesis.

Creating some amino acids is different to said amino acids combining to create a self sustaining/replicating organism.
>>
>>79983326
Education or not, evolution just makes more sense than creationism.
>>
>>79993702

that projection
>>
>>79993740
> the fact that so many creationists just have no clue is sad
> tips fedora
> now let me fire up YouTube and watch a 30 minute video from le black science man so I can dazzel the ladies with my reason
>>
>>79993774
> Of course the first life was amphibious like a salamander, slowly developed legs instead of fins

I thought the first life was single-celled organisms.
>>
>>79993998
Is meant for
>>79993804
>>
>>79993740
Ignore my comments if you wish.

As a Christian, I have literally nothing wrong with the way Evolution was taught to me in college. It was the most anti-climactic thing ever.

Problem is, what Evolutionists claim is evolution really isn't. Fish don't just sprout legs no matter how much you want them to. Lightning striking water has never, and will never, create life. Sorry bout it. Ya'll believe some whacked up stuff yo.
>>
File: 1454529205698.png (18 KB, 514x456) Image search: [Google]
1454529205698.png
18 KB, 514x456
>absence of evidence is evidence of absence
>matter can create consciousness
>jewish scientists did math therefor it's a fact and (((science)))
>>
>>79994064
I was directly quoting you, in your terms the "first fish to walk on land."

Are you really changing the goalposts now? You're worse than a Jew. At least a Jew knows to run away when defeated.
>>
>arguing against evolution
you might as well tell me gravity doesn't exist or that that the properties of physics vary among reference frames

why are creationism and evolution diametrically opposed? why can't evolution be the tool a "higher power" used to create us? why does it have to be "he did it with his magic wand or it's heresy"?
>>
>>79993955
What kid are you talking about?

Jesus was a real person and is corroborated by multiple secular historians at the time. There is every reason to believe he came back from the dead.

Problems Latelemy?
>>
Its quite simple, where did the matter from the Big Bang come from?
No scientist will ever explain this, ever, period.
>>
>>79994024
It really doesn't.

Evolution can be reduced to the idea that order comes out of chaos, that very specialised and sophisticated structures arise out of chance. Evolution literally says that our intelligence is caused by a series of unintelligent chances, which is absurd and makes our intelligence totally unreliable.

At least in creationism order proceeds from order, intelligence proceeds from intelligence. The very fact that the world is intelligible shows that it was formed by an intelligence. If the world was not formed by an intelligence, we would expect it to be an absolutely uninterpretable, formless chaos.
>>
>>79983326
>implying God didn't create organisms capable of undergoing evolution
>>
>>79994377
>Evolution can be reduced to the idea that order comes out of chaos

Sure, next time a storm pops up and assembles a 747 I'll believe that random chance could create the human eye. It's bound to happen one day, I just know it.
>>
>>79990079
>The idea that God would use millions of years of death to create man is completely repugnant to the idea of a loving God, clearly contradicts the scriptures, and makes nonsense of the idea that we can hope for eternal life from such a death-loving "God".

How can you accept that, and yet still believe that if there is a God, he's loving? Because the continuous destruction of the universe is true; 99% of all species that have ever existed on Earth have gone extinct.
>>
>>79983326
sigh..
>>
>>79994056
That's nice and all, but it's still true. Most creationists have no clue what they're rejecting.

I guess it's because their parents and clergy consider keeping them in the faith (saving your soul, etc) more important than allowing them to make their own choices on whether or not to accept faith or something else as their primary value.

>>79994204
>Ya'll believe some whacked up stuff yo.
No, you believe we believe some whacked up stuff. But you are mistaken.
>>
>>79986866
Instead, now you are aware of how the Romans incorporated all sorts or old myths when writing the bible for their needs.
>>
>>79994510
>>
>>79994526
>God must have loved bugs because boy there are so many different bug species

Can you tip your Dawkins signed fedora any harder?
>>
>>79994377
>If the world was not formed by an intelligence, we would expect it to be an absolutely uninterpretable, formless chaos.

so many fallacies. do you also believe a stone was created by an intelligent being because you can predict it will break windows sm h
>>
>>79992329
The metal that evolved to become a car could evolve to becone a plane
>>
>>79983326
Why did you decide to ask /pol/ for the evidence of a scientific theory?
>>
>>79983326
>cant prove evolution

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/birds-adapting-chernobyls-radiation/

I suggest try arguing with people who aren't retards. Some humans aren't even born with an appendix anymore because it was a leftover relic of human evolution.

Good luck trying to make creationism hold up with people above 70 IQ.
>>
>>79994691
>pretending like all of creation isn't chaotic and destructive
>>
>>79994526
Because it's one thing to say that death entered the world through sin, which is what the scriptures say, and another thing entirely to say that God used death - countless deaths - to create man.

That so many species have gone extinct only shows me to what extent sin has affected the world. As St. Paul says, that the whole of creation groans in pain.
>>
File: 1464487307894.png (31 KB, 851x591) Image search: [Google]
1464487307894.png
31 KB, 851x591
>>79990079
>The idea that God would use millions of years of death to create man is completely repugnant to the idea of a loving God
>>
>>79994510
>Sure, next time a storm pops up and assembles a 747 I'll believe that random chance could create the human eye. It's bound to happen one day, I just know it.
False equivalence. The processes that cause mutation are certainly random, but the process that culls these mutations as beneficial or not is not random at all (natural selection). 747s do not reproduce and change slightly every time, but organisms do. 747s do not compete for resources and the chance at reproduction, but organisms do.
>>
>>79994702
>do you also believe a stone was created by an intelligent being because you can predict it will break windows

That's precisely right. The fact that a stone has a certain form such that we can know and predict its behaviour, shows that it is was formed by an intelligence.

>>79994840
What I said there doesn't come from post-modernism, it comes from the scriptures. The scriptures say that God abhors death and is not the cause of death, but that death entered the world through the devil and through sin.
>>
>>79994597
Sadly, I am not the one with an Animorphs picture taped to the walls of my classroom. I didn't make my teacher do that. He chose to believe a fantasy.
>>
>>79994366
uhmmm were did Dog come from ?
>>
File: Evolution.png (52 KB, 1641x763) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.png
52 KB, 1641x763
>>
>>79988025
> I know God is real
> I know God isn't real
Wow, that atheist sure is a jerk.
>>
>>79990079

How many people did God kill in the Bible because they pissed him off for one reason or another? If He can be all-loving in spite of what's written in his book, then surely billions of years of the same wouldn't make a difference.
>>
>>79994625
It's like watching a plant grow. What could possibly cause it to happen? Surely nothing intelligent!
>>
>>79983326
Perhaps God created the Earth and life through evolution?
>>
>>79994833
>planets being obliterated by stars going supernova, thus causing that stardust to travel through the ether until it forms into more material is because of original sin
>an ice age wiping out countless species is because of original sin
>the meteor striking Earth and killing the dinosaurs is because of original sin

There is no way you can be this retarded
>>
>>79988380
>no evidence
Why do genetic algorithms work? Also, what is micro-evolution that is directly observable?
>>
>>79994338
>There is every reason to believe he came back from the dead because the Bible was written 200 years after the eye witnesses were dead by barely literate sand-niggers and I've never actually read my own Bible.
>>
>>79995237

>when I watch a plant grow it is under the influence of an intelligent being
>>
>>79995257
Possible, genesis says he created us from dust, which could be the primordial soup/abiogenisis.
>>
>>79994377
There's trillions of planets in the universe, it's not a far fetched idea that ours ended up the way it did, nor that we're not the only one like it.
>>
>>79986644
>artistic depictions of Noah's ark existed 3009 years ago
The legend of a giant flood wiping out all life on earth, save a few specimens, has been around for 5000 years or more. The Bible simply reiterated it. Whether it gave the true explanation for why it happened or not is not my place to say, but it wasn't a unique story.
>>
>>79995278
>Why do genetic algorithms work?
I'd like to add to this with this site:
http://boxcar2d.com/

You start out with "cars" that do jack shit, but they reproduce based on fitness (in this case, how far they get) and after many generations you have cars that get very far down the track. It's directly analogous to the process of organisms evolving, albeit simplified. There is no "intelligence" guiding the evolution of these cars; it's simply that the cars that get the furthest have the chance to pass on their genes, much like how organisms that thrive in their environment have a greater chance to reproduce than those that do not.
>>
>>79991353
The Big Bang is certainly flawed, but that's more due to the universe being a weird place than a bad hypothesis. There's a ton of evidence to support the big bang (cosmic microwave background, homogeneity of space, etc.) Nobody in the past assumed the vacuum had energy; that' fucks shit up.
>>
File: planet-love-2.jpg (30 KB, 835x522) Image search: [Google]
planet-love-2.jpg
30 KB, 835x522
>>79995257
yeah planets love each other and make the baby planets
>>
>>79994882
Oh yay, another clever catchphrase that negates you having to make any argument. You must have had that one locked and loaded didn't you?

> The processes that cause mutation are certainly random, but the process that culls these mutations as beneficial or not is not random at all (natural selection)

Very nice, you can at once say that it is random, or not random, depending on how you need to shift your argument, clever!
>>
>>79986877
>If death was already in the world, what was Jesus Christ even trying to save us from according to Catholics?

First

>b8

But to your retarded point, you do understand that the story of the Garden is an allegory for the consciousness of man and his self-centered nature. The death it's referring to is a spiritual death, not a physical one.
>>
>>79994377
Every day the puddle looks up from its hole and says, " Look at how this hole is perfectly shaped for me!" when, in reality, the puddle would have taken the shape of any hole.
>>
>>79995624
>vacuum had energy

More like the lowest energy potential not being zero.
>>
>>79995327
>the Bible was written 200 years after the eye witnesses were dead
citation needed

>I've never actually read my own Bible
Darn thought I had an intelligent person on the line. You could't possibly know this, and I have many times.
>>
>>79995400
>can make plants grow

Ok bud
>>
File: yep.png (29 KB, 1160x527) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
29 KB, 1160x527
>>
Have any of these internet arguments between atheists and theists ever been productive? Has anyone ever been convinced by the other side?
>>
>>79995730
I just told you what was random and what was not, dingus. You're the one acting like throwing a bunch of metal together in a storm is in any way related to the processes outlined by evolution by natural selection. Natural selection is not random. Mutation is.

So basically what's happened here is that you've said
>You pointed out why my false equivalence was false? Well, it doesn't match the premise of my false equivalence, so obviously you're wrong!
>>
>>79995889

just add some water ;)
>>
>>79990428
in theory ,if the right conditions supported it, you could get Iguanas that have evolved into something approximating a horse ie; mammalian, large, horse shaped. To genetically get them similar would take millions (probably a billion) years of selective breeding, but it could be done.

dolphin to wolf...maybe a million. The largest animal that ever existed, the blue whale, comes from a family of animals that appeared about 55 million years ago. They were the size of hares and lived on land. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Even-toed_ungulate#Evolution

Using your stupid analogy of cars to boats (cars float btw), imagine a world where the water level kept rising. Cars that suffered critical existence failure when confronted with water stopped getting made. Small changes were added to each generation of the survivors to make them deal with floods better etc, eventually, once the water level took away all land you'd have something that we dry landers would call a boat. The boats they had originally stayed as boats. Natural selection forces micro changes to become macro by causing the mutation to spread to all surviving members of the species, and causing the mutant to become the only surviving example of that species. Over thousands of generations this becomes a distinct species from the original. Why am I explaining this shit that a 10 year old could understand.
>>
>>79995850
Semantics; you're basically saying the same thing.
>>
Evolution and Creationism go hand in hand. Also nowhere in the bible does it say that you must accept the narrative of evolution or creationism.
>>
>>79995933
No, but it is fun to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Sometimes by atheists not proving anything at all, I'm more confident in my own beliefs.

If you dig and dig and dig, and I've gone as far as I can go as often as I can, you'll always find that their logic is lacking somewhere along the way, their bias shows, their opinions shine through...it's always a fun process to watch though. But no, you will never convince anyone of anything.
>>
File: 6bdNofP.jpg (54 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
6bdNofP.jpg
54 KB, 400x300
both god and evolution are facts
>>
>>79995857
http://www.gotquestions.org/when-Gospels-written.html

Google is your friend. Use it.

Even your most devoted scholars place the writings after the destruction of Jerusalem, 30 years after Christ's death.

And most scholars say it was even later, as much as 140 years rather than 30. Ancient fairytales heavily influenced by Roman corruption and debauchery.
>>
Another shitty movement sprawling from USA. Creationism man that's something that can fly only in USA. America you have trouble with religion.
>>
>>79995149
this
>>
>>79995933
I was an atheist in my teens and early 20's.
Now I'm a believer, William lane Craig had a large part of this
>>
>>79986464
This is based on the assumption that everything that exists needs to have been created. That is false.
>>
>>79996150
>12 pointed star
>10 pointed star

Well, I'm convinced!
>>
>>79995943
So let me get this straight...

>any analogy ever = false equivalence.

Of course not, only when you say it does, amirite?

Mutation is a myth. You know what mutated genes are? Cancer.
>>
>>79995980
arrogance personified!

This would be an example of reaching the end of the rabbit hole.
>>
Reminder to all Christcucks that evolution is a millions of years process.

Not like they care though, and that's okay. Scientific progress will eventually make their beliefs obsolete, and they can kick and scream all they want, they can't stop it.
>>
>>79996276
Because you always had confirmation bias and weren't concerned with discernible truth, just searching for something to latch onto and have faith in. You're a sheep.

>>79996168
People in Europe just laugh at you if you ask if they're Religious. And before the Muslims started to invade, those secular European countries like Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Switzerland had the highest qualities of life, education, economies in the world.

Now look at what the Religion of Peace has done. Sweden is the second rape capital in the world behind South Africa.
>>
>>79996167
>30 years after Christ's death

hahaha, much different than 200 now isn't it?

And besides, I don't have to look up your source, I can just say it's biased like all atheists do when presented with contradictory evidence ;)
>>
Since this thread is full of smart people I would like that somebody tells me what's wrong with my logic here when I think this : Since everything that we know around us let it be gravitation or a fly, rock or a sun, human or microbe, kiss or thought, a car or a flower. Doesn't matter literally anything has come out of SOMETHING. There always has to be something before for something else to happen next. So if something always comes from something than in the beginning it had to be NOTHING. How nothing became something I do not know. How wrong am i with this kind of thinking?
>>
>>79995933
This is not an argument of atheists and theists, this is an argument between retards/trolls and people who actually know and understand basic things like evolution.
Smart religious people don't deny evolution, and many scientists in general are and were Christian.
>>
File: Evolution1.png (58 KB, 1641x763) Image search: [Google]
Evolution1.png
58 KB, 1641x763
>>79996561
The only one at the end of the rabbit hole is you, you self-projecting insecure manlet.

Once again, I present to you the depth of your argument against Evolution:
>>
>>79996589
Actually science reinforces my belief in god, it merely confirms his existence with each new discovery.
>>
Wait why the hell is my flag Canada? I live in America.

I was a Catholic most of my life until i realized how fucking delusional I was. Seriously Christianity (specifically Catholicism) is like a huge fucking cult. The only reason people are Christians is because
>muh parents
and
>muh fear of death
>>
>>79983603
fucking cuckolics
man do I dislike you faggots
>>
>You can literally look up in the sky at night and see the universe in all its wonder
>Still majority of humans believe in ancient superstition

Then again, religion seems to be hardcoded into humans.
>>
>>79996742
There is currently no way to logically say where the universe came from.
>>
>>79987509
Do you look like your parents? I assume you do. Traits are passed down from parent to children each generation. This is a fact. Animals with favorable traits survive long enough to reproduce and pass down those traits. Those with unfavorable traits die off, sometimes without reproducing. Repeat for millions of years and you have evolution.

I don't see how you can argue with that.
>>
>>79996495
No, your analogy is clearly a false equivalence. Stop trying to weasel out of my explanation that it is. There are no elements of selection, reproduction, or competition in a tornado flying through a metal junkyard.

>Mutation is a myth. You know what mutated genes are? Cancer.
Cancer is the result of VERY SPECIFIC mutations that deactivate a cell's ability to kill itself. Your claim that "mutation is a myth" is pretty silly given that it a 100% fact at this point that DNA replication is not perfect in organisms. Even organisms that reproduce asexually have a change of being slightly different than their parent. Sometimes those changes mean nothing at all, sometimes those changes slightly affect a process in a positive way that improves fitness, and sometimes it results in a horrible mess that won't survive the day.

You're ignorant, so it's amusing to see you parade your ignorance.
>>
>>79996740
It says 30-140 and is likely 200 since they downplay evidence contrary to them.

Also you just said this:
>And besides, I don't have to look up your source, I can just say it's biased like all atheists do when presented with contradictory evidence
How do you not realize the cognitive dissonance here? You're either a troll or the best example of willful ignorance I've ever seen.

I literally linked you a Christian article made by Christians to defend their own faith better and you dismiss it and call it biased because it doesn't support your view, then call me biased and clouded by opinion and emotion.

You fucking retard. Holy shit. Die in a fire.
>>
>>79996742
Is it possible for there to have always been a universe? Unlikely. So I think there must have been a beginning and therefore there must have been a point where nothingness became everything you see. There must be a beginning .
>>
>>79996804
then you're seeing what you want to see.
>>
>>79996616
> you're a sheep
The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want

The older I got the more I realised scientists where right about so much and making a fuck tonne of assumptions.
>>
>>79996495
>Mutation is a myth.
Blue eyes were a mutation retard.
>>
>>79997004

But we can observe nature from macro and micro POV and everywhere we see the same pattern of something becoming something else. So the absolute beginning can't be SOMETHING it had to be NOTHING. This question has been bugging me for over 13 years since I was still in HS lel.
>>
>>79996972
Maybe if your country accepted non-hippy religions your country wouldn't be slowly killing itself
>>
File: 200w.gif (810 KB, 200x134) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
810 KB, 200x134
>this triggers liberals
>>
>>79996742
Science has no answer to that so you're free to believe whatever you want.
However, Big Bang is a sound theory. What came before Big Bang, no one knows.
>>
>>79983326
>Hello pol i am a creati...

>>/trash/
>>
>>79994510
Let's give the wind in the junk yard a few hundred million tries to find the right combination of rusted junk. This junk doesn't have to move, it just has to sit there.
Then, let's have his junk replicate itself into similar piles of junk, exact copies. This entire time, out of the several piles of junk that have accumulated, different piles have been assimilating the others into their own pile. Some of these piles that aren't eating each other form relationships. I will transport food for you, if you keep the predators out, and if you agree to reproduce me, and if you agree to house he blueprints.
Now you have bigger clumps of these trash piles, all containing several smaller piles working together for survival. This is when a big change takes place.
Working together is much easier that working apart. As a result, the piles working together have a higher 'un-decomposition' rate than the ones working alone, exposed to elements and hostile trash piles.
Some time during this great trash display, one clump learns to propel itself. Another pile that was good at wiggling joined the clump, and this clump is now cape of moving the ought the dump. Eating just became easier, as did escaping the bad guys. This group of cells has a higher survival rate, but they don't break through entirely.
Why is that, you may ask? Because the outer layer of some other clumps began to start rolling over itself, like a ball. This allowed it to move as well.
Some of these clumps would stay just that, small clumps. But a few, a very very small percentage, decided to take a page out of the book of their ancestors. What if we all worked together again? A bigger, badder clump of clump? A group.
This group would stick together, held by chemical bonds, and the idea of mutually assured survival. Over time, larger and larger groups would form from larger and larger clumps. (cont.)
>>
>>79997103
Maybe we just cannot comprehend the nature of the universe, which starts at some time and ends. And that's just how it is.
>>
Also

Is it so bad to admit thar we just don't know everything?

Five hundred years ago people believed illness was a bad omen or a curse or whatever, until germs and bacteria were discovered. We just don't know everything yet. Or maybe never will.
>>
>>79997356
>the absolute beginning
We know nothing about the absolute beginning. We have good theories for what happened when t=1 planck second and onward, but not that incredibly small period of time when t=0.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (33 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
33 KB, 443x332
>>79986363
>>79986877
>>79987161
>>79987258
>>79991072
>>
>>79997215
>The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want
You want for attention and a need to explain everything. You want for acceptance and a feeling of confirmation. You want for a paradise and to not fear death. You want a good life and family and success. You want a lot of stuff, but you sound like a broken record. Let's review your track record real quick:

Demands evidence
>Refuses evidence when it doesn't meet current belief
Gets refuted by multiple people
>Ignores most replies, and replies to 10% of a post and defeats a strawman argument
Continues to parrot same refuted argument and spouts propaganda
>Accused of avoiding questions and talking in circles
Accuses everyone else of doing it and calls himself victor

YOU ARE LITERALLY A JEW YOU FUCKER! YOU WOULD BURN IN YOUR OWN HELL IF IT EXISTED AND YOU TAKE PLEASURE IN THE IDEA OF OTHER'S BURNING! YOU ARE A PARASITE TO SOCIETY AND YOU HOLD US ALL BACK!
>>
>>79997103

Yes ofc. There is always the beginning! I am wondering what is the beginning made of. Is it made of something or is it made of nothing. And imo It can't be something because like I said something always comes out of something there for there had to be nothing at the start. How did nothing became something I would really like to know.
>>
File: witchdoctor.jpg (82 KB, 580x378) Image search: [Google]
witchdoctor.jpg
82 KB, 580x378
>>79996972
people try to reason, it doesn't always go well. If they have no understanding and lack information, their beliefs start to deviate from reality.
>>
>>79997916
>How did nothing became something I would really like to know.
Quantum fluctuations make this possible afaik. But that also begs the question of why do quantum fluctuations happen.
>>
>>79997844
Let's review your track record.
> is so wrapped up in his argument that he doesn't realise he's talking to a different person
> is the living embodiment of the fedora wearing pseudo intellectual, wanting to prove a point on the Internet to give himself a few moments of endorphin rush to cover up years of inadequacy
>>
>>79997356
>the absolute beginning can't be SOMETHING it had to be NOTHING

things change their form, like you described. whatever was there before the universe could have changed its form and the universe was created.
>>
>>79998095

Ty for your answer. Will read in to this. Been searching for something like that.
>>
>>79998095
>Quantum fluctuations make this possible afaik
Sort of. This is tricky business though. QM allows for the violation of the conservation of energy (virtual particles popping into and out of existence), but only for a limited time. You still can't violate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.
>>
>>79994377
>At least in creationism order proceeds from order, intelligence proceeds from intelligence

which as an answer to the fundamental questions of life has no meaning. You might as well answer any question with, because it does. The question you obviously want us to jump at is 'duh, you're wrong, so then what created god?'

I won't go there. It's a regressionist and inane conversation to have. You're also holding the false idea that life, and the weird things lifeforms create = order. The particles that you're using in that keyboard to spout your idiocy were just as likely to be there as in the centre of a sun on the other side of the universe. We are less than a blip of matter in a seemingly endless universe. There is no meaning, no answers and definitely no god.

Do me a favour and imagine what it was like for the 4000+ years that you didn't yet exist in your version of reality. That is death. And its coming...
>>
>>79998247
Let see bong
>Both use the same cringe-inducing 'arguments'
>Both cover their ears and go LALALA when evidence is brought forward

Oh sorry excuse me. Your only good point is that I'm wasting my time. Believe what you want, dumbass.
>>
File: cool christian.png (177 KB, 1630x1005) Image search: [Google]
cool christian.png
177 KB, 1630x1005
>>79983603
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.