[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should we worship fire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: Fire.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2896) Image search: [Google]
Fire.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2896
is it possible that maybe fire isnt something we found but something we were born with?

like an extension of humanity we were born with the innate instinct to harness its power. Is it possible we just "knew"?

all the engineering we're able to accomplish couldnt be done without fire. it is heat, it is energy, and essentially life. Life on this planet would be void without the sun and blind without its light.

And by that notion if fire is an extension of us, we are an extension of the earth, wandering over itself
>>
Just a chemical reaction, no will of its own.

>is it possible we just "knew"?
No, humans invent things and teach their children. Could you start a fire with two sticks right now? I highly doubt it.
>>
>>79953186
no, fare hates you and will bund you alive just to keep it alive.
>>
You're on the wrong board

>>>/his/
>>
Are you fucking 10?
>>
>>79953186
Worship water.

>Human bodies mostly water
>most of Earth covered in water
>life on Earth literally began in the seas
>water beats fire
>>
File: kev.jpg (61 KB, 397x555) Image search: [Google]
kev.jpg
61 KB, 397x555
>>79953186

Heraclitus haven't you been dead for over 2500 years?
>>
>>79953371
but we can force our will upon it unlike anything else alive. i can totally start a fire with a lighter, we've come past sticks, that was an earlier age where more people needed that knowledge. but we can easily relearn it. fire is one of the easiest things to create

>>79953494
im a 32 inseam 32 waist

>>79953753
water is more of a control variable to fire Id say. also human industry isnt built on water

>water beats fire
well that depends on proportion
>>
File: praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg (138 KB, 735x1088) Image search: [Google]
praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg
138 KB, 735x1088
>>79953186
(Praising intensifies)
>>
>>79953939
Nietzsche would argue the entirety of life is forcing your will to power, that is to attempt to control things.

Do you have a point? Fire still looks like a chemical reaction to me.
>>
>>79954612
your brain is full of chemical reactions do you not see any correlation?
>>
>>79954871
Those chemical reactions are controlled by me, I can slow them down by drinking, speed them up by snorting and make them go sideways by smoking.

Fire simply consumes. It has no will.
>>
>>79955109
>lurks on /pol/
>in control of your emotions

sorry i just dont believe that. you know where you are? people come here to get their emotions riled up
>>
>>79955740
That's it, I'm drinking just to prove you wrong.
>>
Since our cells burn oxygen, you could look at a human body as trillions of microscopic bonfires. And being warm-blooded mammals, we burn shitloads of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 383x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 383x364
>>79953186
Hey OP, go out into the woods without a lighter and try to make a fire, if you can't I think it would be safe to say your theory is bullshit.
>>
File: ClpIGQFVYAAfw_O.jpg (54 KB, 750x746) Image search: [Google]
ClpIGQFVYAAfw_O.jpg
54 KB, 750x746
>>79953186
you high as shit nigga
>>
>>79953186
isn't that the plot of every dark souls game? maybe try posting in vg

I'm gonna go praise the sun
>>
File: agnideva.jpg (325 KB, 989x1600) Image search: [Google]
agnideva.jpg
325 KB, 989x1600
ऊँ महाज्वालाय विद्महे
अग्नि मध्याय धीमहि
तन्नो: अग्नि प्रचोदयात ||

Om Mahaajvalaaya Vidmahe
Agnidevaaya Dhiimahi
Tanno Agnih Prachodayaat
>>
>>79953371
>Could you start a fire with two sticks right now? I highly doubt it.

yea I could
>>
>>79953186
Someone has watched too much vaatividya
>>
>>79958234
FUCK OFF SURVIVAL VIDEO MAN I DON'T NEED YOUR MANLY SHIT OR YOUR ATTRACTIVE PHYSIQUE IN HERE..

I'm proving a stoned kid wrong. This seemed important at one stage, but true to my word I drank just to prove I could in fact control the chemicals in my own brain through my own choices. Now I'm just another shitposting Australian.

If anything, remember me as intellectually honest.
>>
File: 1463711024357.jpg (25 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1463711024357.jpg
25 KB, 512x512
>>79953186
>[CURRENT AGE]
>Not praising the Sun

I want the pyromancers to leave.
>>
>>79958038
Agni is a cool dude
>>
>>79953186
It would make as much sense to worship hammers and screwdrivers.
>>
>>79958952
how do you expect to craft these tools of iron without fire?
>>
>>79953186
https://youtu.be/0aCFZI_ndyU
>>
>>79953939
>take 1kg of water, and 1kg of fire, mix it together and see who wins
>>
>>79961674
well....i guess....since fire is lighter than air.....uhhh ok and water is..heavier?

it would take uhh..approximatelyyyy....3 or 4 bundles of fire to equal 1kg?

is that right?

...anybody?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.