[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stoner culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 329249-stoners.jpg (289 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
329249-stoners.jpg
289 KB, 600x600
What does /pol/ think of stoner culture?
Is it another degenerate liberal movement, or the ultimate red pill?
>anti-establishment
>off the grid
>introspection
>entheogen-infused philosophical thought
>paranoid constructs that dismantle the existing order
>peaceful, no crime/degeneracy like alcohol
>>
>inspires creativity
>enhances mood
>cures cancer in some cases
>healthier alternative to anti-depressants and pain medication
>>
>>79948044
I went to the 420 event at golden gate park in San Fran a couple years back to observe.

They were all none of those things.
>>
>>79948454
Nice try, Schlomo.
Trying to keep da good stuff from the white man.
>>
I'll split the question into several parts of culture.

Mainstream stoner culture:

>stoner movies
Boring, unfunny, predictable.

>stoner books
Not sure I've ever read any, no comment.

>mainstream stoner music

Bob Marley, poster child of stoner music - meh, pretty good I guess but I've got a bit bored of hearing him.

Stoner Metal - some can be good. Case by case basis.
Electric Wizard really stands out to me in this musical niche.

Stoner Rock - mostly boring.

Stoner everything else - mostly boring.

Surprising fact: listening to classical music when stoned is really, really good. Maybe I'm biased as a viola player.

>stoner art

Fairly boring, nothing's really stood out to me that could be classified as stoner art.

>stoner poetry

Sorry, I've only read a handful of poems. Stone me for being a pleb.
>>
File: What If.jpg (45 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
What If.jpg
45 KB, 450x300
>>79948044
I have a friend who looks like aids skrillex and he's always talking about how cool he is because eh smokes weed. He's a lazy fat slob who is majoring in music.
>"dude why do they ban weed when alcohol is worse? LMAO! Alcohol has cause more problems since they legalized it. Why can't weed be legalized man? Now excuse me I'm gonna get drunk on gummy bear vodka."
I need better friends and get the fuck out of Austin.
>>
>>79948044

Degenerate as fuck, what do you think?

>Mind altering poison
>introspection to the extent of apathy towards the outside world (Yuri Bezmenov warned against this)
>sophomoric philosophical thought that only sits well with children and those who don't read.
>Anti-nationalism
>Anti-military
>Anti-morality

Plus, stoner/hippy culture was instrumental in destroying traditional American values and concepts during the cultural revolution of the 1960s.

It's trash, anon.
>>
>>79948841
>stoner art

Posters of gnomes and mushroom houses?
>>
>>79948870
Im a stoner, ex military, extremly nationalistic and i have a big set of work ethics and moral.
come at me cleetus.
>>
>>79948044
It's all good till you find yer self raiding yer bro's ashtray for buds.

Don't think that's you?
Don't worry, you'll come to see things my way

Greetings from bongland
>>
>>79949161

You're a """stoner,""" not a stoner, Hans. You very clearly wouldn't mesh well with what OP described.

That being said, you should probably stop experimenting with mind altering substances and fix whatever problems you have in life.
>>
>>79949286
Dont give me that drug stigma shit. its perfectly fine. some drink alcohol, some smoke weed and some need something else.
I do fine in life and job. I have no apparent real problems going on except the islamification of my nation. But thanks for trying to help.
Im fine and i will be fine.
(mind altering substances is what made most scientific progress possible btw.)
You wouldnt believe on what kind of chems nazi scientiest and engineers were.
>>
>>79949664
Praise be to Allaah.
Hasheesh of all types is haraam, whether it is marijuana or any other type.

Al-‘Allaamah Ibn Hajar al-Haythami said in al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah (4/233), speaking of hasheeh:

Consuming intoxicants is haraam regardless of the way in which they are consumed.

Sharee’ah only forbids the consumption of drugs and intoxicants because of the great harm that they cause to the mind, soul, family and society. We have discussed some of these harmful effects in the answer to question no. 66227.

As for stress and anxiety, you may rest assured that the remedy for them is not to be found in smoking hasheesh or any other haraam thing. Allaah has not put the remedy of this ummah in that which He has forbidden to it. In Saheeh Muslim (3670) it says that asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about alcohol and he forbade him or told him not to make it. He said: “But I make it as a remedy.” He said: “It is not a remedy, it is a disease.”

May Allaah help us and you to do all good.
>>
File: 1462693515903.png (229 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462693515903.png
229 KB, 500x281
>>79948044

I smoke after work because it helps me to relax after a day at the office. I don't really like smoking with other people because for me it's more of a contemplative experience and nobody wants to get high with someone that just wants to sit down and read a book outside or swim laps in the pool. I don't want to feel obliged to entertain or interact with other people, and don't want them to feel obliged to do the same with me.
>>
I hope you all know that "stoner culture" is a fucking joke. A caricature of the stereotypical weed smoking loser's obnoxious behavior.

Yeah true, you get munchies, and may announce "dude, I'm so high right now", and talk about "deep" shit. that's more or less it though. Most people just smoke and have a good time with friends.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.