[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Iraq was an illegal war"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
I don't quite fucking understand how the uncucked have aligned with the left and can say it was wrong.

Educate me, fix me, I don't belong.
>>
>>79926848
more war in the middle east = more 'fugees
>>
>>79926848
foreign interventionism is foreign interventionism
no real difference between the Bushes, Obamas and Clintons
>>
>>79926848

Because there was no security council declaration or some shit

Thats their legal argument, least. Most of it is just 'muh fee fees, bush can't do dat :(' though

The UN is a worthless joke and should be burned to the ground because it just gives libshits an excuse to say 'durrr that wasnt legal!!!' while their peacekeepers go around raping children and they pay Zoe Quinn and other scam artists to 'address their assembly'
>>
Because it was based off of evidence that was either wrong, misleading (intentional or otherwise), or falsified.
It also created ISIS which is more of a threat to the west than saddam ever was.
It was inspired by a speech the leader of (((Israel))) gave in the senate.
It was justified by a tenuous relation between saddam and (((9/11))).
>>
It was based entirely on false pretenses.

Even after they discovered those pretenses were false, they kept at it like buffoons.

Also, they completely destroyed the infrastructure of major Iraq cities, ruining streets, buildings, power lines, and potable water. Many Iraquis couldn't do so much as go to work and feed their kids because of the invasion.

Any way you look at it, it was a badly bungled job.
>>
>>79926848
We removed a foreign government that was a major stabilising force in the region.
This has come to bite us in the arse now with ISIS and Jihadism becoming rampant.
I don't think we should've gone in, don't care about the legality of it.
>>
>>79926848
To add to that, why do people say there was no approval even though Congress voted?

Or did they vote just to invade? You think that would lead to war is pretty much every occasion
>>
You got entire generation of angry Muslims who hate the West. After 9/11 America had everyone's sympathies. After Iraq the anti-America mindset started to spread. More to come.
>>
After World War 2 there was this big Nuremberg thing, that people got together and discussed how awful war was while only penalizing one side for war crimes.

Anyways, it concluded that "wars of aggression are bad" and that civilized people shouldn't just go attacking other countries in the modern age. Everyone in the West more or less agreed with this.

As pointed out previously, the US didn't have good enough reason to justify the invasion of Iraq and shouldn't have gone in on it's own.

The problem now becomes "Who can really penalize the US in a serious manner without bad things happening?" and the answer is more or less "No one". So we got away with it and may well do so again.
>>
>>79926848
The left says that about I every war because they are pussies, the uncucked are saying it was dumb to intervene because of the consequences, which are things like al-Qaeda spreading its influence in Iraq and then creating ISIS which went on to split and form a caliphate.
>>
>>79926848
It was a stupid war but I've gotten over it because the current president has instigated even more stupid shit

We got absolutely nothing out of it

Also you should always remind libshits that dems were also in favor of the assault

>>79929435
Other countries joined the US though

Anyway Nuremberg is as meaningless as the UN
>>
>>79929435
>shouldn't have gone in on it's own

Didn't majority of Europe, except France, support us
>>
>>79926848
>Iraq was an illegal war
Well seeing as war was not declared I see a problem right off the bat.
>>
File: world_stance_on_war_map.gif (410 KB, 1572x864) Image search: [Google]
world_stance_on_war_map.gif
410 KB, 1572x864
>>79929655
>>
>>79929737
It was declared. And then there was a cease fire for like 9 goddamn years (UN resolution 1440). Then hostilities resumed again. People just forgot.
>>
It was predicated on the idea that a smooth transition to democracy was quite possible and the iraqi people would all quickly support this idea. After all, multicultural liberal democracy has been a big success in the west, it is a "proof of principle" for the whole world.
>>
>>79926848
>war
>illegal
What
>>
>>79929901
>Obama was elected, then hostilities resumed again. Liberals wouldn't dare speak out against a coloured

FTFY
>>
>>79926848
Saddam Hussain had literally nothing to do with 9/11
>>
>>79929771
Somalia
China, Russia
>Oppose war? where'd you get this. lol
>>
>>79929771
wiki has a different picture.
>>
>>79926848
>muh WMD's
>whoops, muh WMD's were in another country all along
After 9/11 we removed Saddam from power based on lies. Then again the American people are retarded so they would have had him killed if they were told he hated burgers.
>>
>>79926848

also had like a 95% approval rate at the time lmao
>>
>>79926848
>warmongerer
>mass murder of minorities
>fascistic dictator
This is what the people who were against the iraq war were defending.
But with the power of hindsight at least he didn't bomb white people
Liberals are so fucking smart and bush was a nazi
>>
>>79930724
A warmongerer put there by the USA to fight Iran for decades. So welp.

He was a bastard, obviously, but the war didn't bring anything better. It brought more chaos, and the deep shit we are in right now with ISIS.

It's not aboud "hindsight". There were people saying it would go down like this, they didn't give a single shit about bringing stability to the country, even if it was through another western-friendly dictator that at least kept peace.

So yeah, less with the "liberals were defending mass murder". USA has been doing that literally all over the world for decades, till they got tired with Saddam for example.

Jesus.
>>
>>79929931
You are really naive if you think that there was even the slightest intention of a "smooth transition to democracy".
>>
>>79930724

You're missing the point, Hans. The stated purpose of the war was not to remove Saddam because he was a nasty chap, but because he had weapons of mass destruction aimed at London, ready to fire at 45 minutes notice.
>>
The Jews were directly and very obviously behind the war. This isn't some /x/-files conspiratard shit.

If you were or are against the war and don't name the Jew, there's something very wrong with you.
>>
>>79931107
I hate the "muh Jew" thing, but in this case the interest of Israel is obvious. One only needs to look at the map: Afghanistan and Irak are to the East and West of Iran. They wanted to keep destabilizing Iran.

The irony of the story is that after all the shit that Iraq went through, in the end it's the shia minority, and therefore Iran-friendly, that got into power. 13 years and in the end Iraq became even a bigger strategical point for Iran.

Of course this also helped with ISIS being strong in Iraq: it's mostly a sunni country where shia is a minority, so the population quickly accepted ISIS and didn't help the shia forces to fight them.
>>
>>79931060
That's kinda what I'm getting at. If the pretences were false but it turns out that Saddam legally had to be removed according to the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide...... So how the fuck is the war illegal.
>>
>>79931060
I would laugh so much if ISIS set off a Nuke in USA or some other WMD. Then it comes out that USA invaded Iraq because they knew that Saddam had WMD because they had given them to him. When they invaded Iraq though it was stolen and that's why they couldn't find it and ended up looking like tools.
>>
>>79930956
>A warmongerer put there by the USA to fight Iran for decades.
What were they supposed to do? Support chomeini?
>He was a bastard, obviously
He was literally Hitler
>they didn't give a single shit about bringing stability to the country
Well, they tried and failed. Still a non functional corrupt democracy is better than watching your daughter getting raped by saddams henchmen.
>USA has been doing that literally all over the world for decades
Yes they fucked up a lot. But removing Saddam was the one thing they did right. They should've done it after the second gulf war, but better later than never.

>>79931060
The american propaganda was ridiculous, but never the less it had to be done.
>>
File: 1417067167701.gif (112 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1417067167701.gif
112 KB, 250x250
>>79926848
U ARE DUMB FUCKER STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS
>>
>>79926848
look at all the bluepills in this thread

OP the war in iraq was bad because it was a jewish war for jewish interests, it didnt help anyone except israel and jewish diaspora. there is nothing wrong with offensive wars or breaking the nuremjew rules or whatever, wars should be in your interests and if they arent they are criminal wars that only harm your people
>>
>>79931869
Honest question: do you really think they give a single fuck about anybody's daughter getting raped, before or after Saddam?

Homeini got in power because the USA had previously supported another dictator in Iran. Is the fucking neverending story. Same with the talibans. Not to speak about narco guerrillas used as contras in South America which eventually became part of nowadays fucked up cartel situation. Not to mention all the coup d'etats all over South America.

It's not "fuck up". It's a systematic policy of the US. Since Obama got in power it's changing a bit; not because he's good or anything, just because their geopolitical situation is worsening, even if slowly. Now they basically kill with drones and so on, the US population wouldn't probably accept right now a full on invasion in the Middle East.

He was literally Hitler also during Homeini. Millions of dead during a war that nobody seems to even remember in the West. Iraq is not even close to a "corrupt democracy", it's a failed state in big part controlled by ISIS. And those guys are literal fascists.

Not that that bothers the US too much anyways. They were doing fuck all fighting against them.

They didn't only "remove Saddam". Iraq was a functioning state, even if a dictatorial one. The policy is to have weak regimes in the area. Gadaffi is gone. Now they'll try to "balcanize" Syria so it's also weaker.

I mean it's not only the US as such, of course the local players are Turkey, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>79932537
**Sorry not millions, hundreds of thousands.
>>
>>79926848

You're asking two questions

Was it legal?

Was it wrong?

Those get separate answers.

And what do you mean by "wrong?" Do you mean strategically? Ethically?

I don't think you've given us a very workable question. Clarify.
>>
>>79928424

You have no idea what you're talking about, either legally or in regards to the history of the decision making process that led to war.
>>
>>79933474
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>79933474

LEAF
E
A
F
>>
>>79926848
Because it was a war for Israel payed for by white goyim blood. And Saddam (And Gaddafi, Assad and Mubarak) were the only thing keeping a lid on Islam in their volatile countries, which we have to now deal with because muh refugees.
>>
>>79932537
I don't care why they did it. Of course they didn't do it for humanitarian reasons, but if the result is the death of a genocidal maniac I'm fine with whatever reason they can think of.

The entire region is a playing field of western powers for the last century. Nobody knows how to stabilize it. But read http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/IraqCoverage/story?id=2761722 and watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1X3zV6X5Y and then tell me how a country can be in a worse state than that.
>>
>blindly supporting the likes of Halliburton, Cheney and their opportunistic kin is now The Red Pill.
>using a national army for the purposes of corporate gain is now The Red Pill.
>Helping to destabilize the region for Israel's gain is now The Red Pill.

You guys are great.
>>
>>79933529
>>79933665

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please. Let's have some more vacuous shitposting from you. I expect nothing of substance from either of your nations. Commence.
>>
>>79934039
>canadian talking about substance
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
Lefties are just butthurt that Sunnis got BTFO.
>>
>>79926848
idk (or care really) about whether it was legal or not.

it was definitely the dumbest fucking thing our country ever did though. This is what happens when we listen to neocon kikes: we end up having to admit the libruls were right.
>>
>>79934022
Thank the_donald for the state of /pol/. If you think you're arguing with a preteen redditor, you probably are.
>>
>>79934434

dem çuck words ya hear
>>
>>79928424
>muh fees fees
We attacked a sovereign nation with the flimsiest of falsely fabricated casus belli.
>>
>>79935148
go back to /gsg/ this isn't 700-1945
>>
>>79934129

Thank you for your reliably empty headed "retort". You've illustrated my point richly.
>>
>>79935695
Son, we trained you better than this. Stop being a cuck and pretending to be an academic.
>>
>>79929655
We didn't support you.
>>
>>79926848
>no declaration of war by congress
>reason for invading was more or less a complete fabrication (WMDs, 9/11)

Bush just wanted to fuck up Saddam for trying to kill his dad, and I think enough people in power thought they could build an oil empire in a reconstructed Iraq.
>>
>>79938279

You're giving the gentleman far too much credit. His 9/11 reaction verses Cheney reaction says it all.
>>
File: NINE_ELEVEN.jpg (109 KB, 468x596) Image search: [Google]
NINE_ELEVEN.jpg
109 KB, 468x596
Can you remind this US soldier who found out that it was illegal? What happened to him?
I think that the deployment in Iraq was illegal and precipitous but I also think that it´s sometimes necessary to do some things like this in military issues. In my opinion the Operation Ajax was much more stupid and counterproductive. Yes, it wasn´t illegal but if wasn´t necessary too. Less necessary than Iraq. My explantation about the Iraq deployment is that all people felt so insecure and frightened and wanted the government to do something. And the government did something and the most Americans were happy about it and NOW they all start complaining.... and yes, it WAS illegal!!
>>
>>79943582

>and NOW they all start complaining

you'll be reminded of Feb 15th 2003, the largest, world-wide protest in history that occurred before deployment and stop molding the clay of history to your personal desires while you're getting Cheney's boner rubbed up against the small of your back ala Ghost.

EVERYBODY knew it was about oil and geopolitical masturbation BEFORE it happened. You'll have to FORGIVE my FORMATTING apparently using CAP-LOCK on random words MAKES my opinion MORE valid.
>>
>>79935547
he's right tho, saddam didn't have any WMD, so they lied to the people
fucking up middle east is one of the reasons the world is such a shit today
>>
>>79944056
This is true
>>
>>79943582
Do somthing?

Like figthing in afganistan?
Killing al kek ida that group that coused 9/11?

Retardet much?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.