[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's how politics serves you: You find it entertaining,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1467181176226.png (52 KB, 994x1044) Image search: [Google]
1467181176226.png
52 KB, 994x1044
Here's how politics serves you:

You find it entertaining, you have fond memories about its discussion or it has been an enjoyable way for you to pass the time between you and friends or maybe just anons on this board

Here's how politics doesn't serve you:

In absolutely no other way. You don't have participation. It doesn't amount to any sort of reality in your individual life. Voting is nothing. If you're into politics for any other reason than entertainment then you really need to re-assess the reality of the world you inhabit and your own values. What did you want to do as a child that maybe you've forgotten? Where did you see your life moving?
>>
File: 1463187786048.gif (155 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
1463187786048.gif
155 KB, 800x496
>>79921751
Superior GIF version.
>>
>>79921837
ah, thank you.
>>
hello dr freud, how nice of you to forcing your perspective onto others, you're obviously a communist sympathiser
>>
>>79921751
still vote just in case
>>
>>79922100
maybe you should go to church every sunday just in case as well
>>79922051
non-political = political?
>>
>>79922176
on the surface it may seem non-political at first, but underneath the surface, there is one one way the discussion is going and that's building on anti political sentiment and directing it towards anarcho-communism.
>>
>>79922324
so the natural state of existence is some sort of civilized political system with a set of human theoretical framework?
thats some weird ontological assumptions you got going on there, seems pretty self serving if you ask me
>>
>>79922459
hierarchies are an important part of intelligent beings existence such as ours, there even exists a hierarchy in nature where alpha males lead the packs and beta males don't and if you view the natural order as self serving, you may be correct but it's the only way to survive
>>
>>79922799
heirarchies are not fundamental, that's just your assumption, the same with the notion that there needs to be class division or separation of labor and therefore the whole framework of government and control, these are just assumptions with no basis in reality - human life is not complicated unless we decide it is
>>
>>79922459
>civilization is bad because it's not of Le natural
>the greatest self interest of the greatest number of the strongest can be bad
>>
>>79922932
>the greatest self interest of the greatest number of the strongest can be bad
and how did you arrive at the notion that civilization is serving the interest of the majority?
If you have metaphysical assumptions that life must be tedious and painful as a baseline and then we can be grateful for just being able to survive then sure, you're right, but I don't subscribe to that.
>>
>>79923119
Life is about struggle,strength can only be achieved though struggle.
If you don't dedicate yourself to strength,you will be usurped by another who does.
Civilization temporarily replaced the strength of the individual with the strength of the Nation(the army and civil services,to enforce laws agreed upon by the majority),meaning that its citizens have less to worry about and enjoy freer lives than those who live in barbarism.
>>
>>79923539
competition is implicit insofar as we collectively decide it is, but not otherwise. Don't extend our collective neurosis as a global society into the fundamental nature of human life.

Nations and are barbarism are the same thing. Barbarity is when humans resort of stabbing / shooting each other instead of attentive communication. Which is what nations do. Strength is besides the point here, unless you subscribe to social darwanism, in which case conflict is inevitable and healthy and suffering is a matter of course. But when you subscribe to that then you might also realize that there is no basis for you to compare anything you consider wrong or bad in your life to something more substantial. Life, as you see it, it substantially flawed and painful and there are no other modes of interaction among humans other than slaughter and competition and exploitation. So the whole spectrum of caring about politics becomes so much fluff about how to best re-orientate the madness that is the fundamental nature of humanity towards some fleeting means of your own preference. Which is silly, meaningless.
"The Good Life" in this hellish metaphysical scenario becomes nothing more than re-directing what you perceive as the inevitable pain of civilization away from you and onto others. I am saying that the basic assumptions on which we assume we need to live are not real and we don't need to compete for anything.
>>
>>79922051
Every time. Like clockwork there's always some faggot who says this.

>the sky is blue, look
>NICE PROJECTING YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE SKY, FAG. IT LOOKS PURPLE AND GOLD TO ME AND MY PERSPECTIVE
>>
>>79921751
What political analysts do too? They have no participation, they just enjoy understanding it.

At least we had a part on mainstream world politics, enough to get into the mass media sometimes.

This is more than the average human can say. So stop rationalizing this, like its all for nothing.
>>
>>79924491
projecting, the word, has come to be a substitute for ideas. Just throw it in a sentence and you've automatically dismantled whatever anyone has said
>>
>>79924596
I wonder if you noticed I mentioned "your individual personal life" as the thing to be referenced insofar as you've felt anything changed.

Your life doesn't change. Forget society. I mean you at your computer in that chair. It doesn't change no matter how much you care about politics. It simply doesn't. Well maybe it does, more of your time is wasted.
>>
>>79924596
life is not all for nothing, but politics is. They are lightyears apart from being the same thing. the "rationalizing" is politics istelf. "So stop rationalizing this" would be directed at you who thinks politics is important. If you stopped rationalizing your life you'd give zero fucks about politics.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.