[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turkey is a poor and third-world country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (27 KB, 304x171) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
27 KB, 304x171
Turkey is a poor and third-world country?
>>
>>79909799

So is greece?
>>
File: 20120118_111208f-001.jpg (326 KB, 2200x1614) Image search: [Google]
20120118_111208f-001.jpg
326 KB, 2200x1614
>>79909799
poor and first-world
>>
Technically they're first world because they shacked up with America during the cold war.
>>
>>79909799
In terms of alliance, it is pro nato therefore first world
In terms of economics, I would say its "second" world (if there is such an economical term) gdp per capita subpar with eastern europe, etc
In terms of mentality-culture deffinetly third world, AKP really sought into destroying everything ataturk hold dear, modern values, secularism etc, now we are not feeling it but If erdoğan is not stopped there will be trouble ahead when a generation, who is brainwashed by him, come of age
>>
>>79910890
I am very interested in this region. It seems to me like you guys have a choice; follow the Ataturk way and secularize, or fall into the same sort of corrupt muslim dictatorship that plagues the middle-east
>>
>>79909799
First world and pretty rich but i still hate roaches tho
>>
File: 1467050655009.jpg (73 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1467050655009.jpg
73 KB, 332x333
>>79909799
Tfw western Turkey was essentially an extension of Greece with great temples and monuments that were destroyed by the mudslimes.
>>
>>79911512
There is no choice, ataturk and the secular elite were always a minority from the start , and USA-NATO did supported islamist movements and parties since secular bunch was far more anti american and pro russian, Erdoğan was literally groomed for prime ministership and was protected from coups(Condaleza Rice even made a statement about it, in 2007 iirc) Islamic cults who infiltrated judiciary, the army and later on purged them from seculars-kemalist etc were (and I believe still are) supported by USA. It not a "jews did it" conspiracy, it is a fact(similar to Gladio) one of the most influential islamist still live in usa and has a greencard sponposored by an ex cia agent ffs.

I hope, and this is a big hope that I really hope Erdogan left a bitter taste in wests mouth and will stop supporting any islamist movement in the future. But it seems to me the only beef they have is with erdoğan, they are perfectly fine with a more tamed islamist who would obey them, which is sad.
>>
>>79911973
Wrong in many accounts

-Most of the classical cites were abandoned not due to turks or even due to arabs, but due to Persian attacks in 6th century
-Christians did not harmed it much either Most of the temples were not harmed but just abandoned and their materials were used for other stuff, there were few monks who chimped out and go ISIS tier though, Shenoute of Atripe caused so much shit that even Christains began to complain
-By the time Turks arrived most of those places were abandoned, since the times of persian-arab raids as they were deemed undefenable
>>
>>79911991
stay strong, turk bro
>>
>>79912517
Thanks, we really need a bad thing to happen though, economic crisis etc (and this will probably happen, fucked up tourism, real estate bubble, lack of any long term planning on their part). One thing I love about average turkish voter is that they are a slimy bunch who basically vote according to their pockets, If economy crashes, if people cannot pay their credit card debts, they will go qaddafi on their beloved erdogan, and no amount of ideological rhetoric on his part will save him. They have no ideology and just vote according to the tides, if tides turn against erdogan, he will have no support base.
>>
>>79912517
Much Love Korean Brother

We will always fight for you.
>>
File: 2345123451325.jpg (127 KB, 907x639) Image search: [Google]
2345123451325.jpg
127 KB, 907x639
Keep the fucking kurds and criminal turks for yourself.

We got enough of your fucking people here.
>>
>>79913634
I sympathize with you, diaspora is far more fucked up than the average native turk, I don't know what happened to them but they turned out to be far more extremist,religious and retarded as far as I see. I always wondered why western europeans hated turks (pre isis-syria war era) not after a visit to Kreuzberg and Vienna. Very ironic that they vote exclusively for erdogan but would not leave the land of "gavur" for erdoganistan on a gunpoint. I hope the rising far right will either purge them or make them know their place.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>79914030
How do I get a cute Byzantine gf?
>>
>>79916472
build a time machine or convince a turkish girl to study byzantine history.

Alexios Angelos did nothing wrong.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.