[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion? I only ask because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion?

I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.

And I kinda get a hard on when I read stories of American kids defending their homes with their parent's guns. That's definitely freedom right there.
>>
>>79900612
Our government derives its legitimacy from the recognition of limits and the acceptance of reality.
Your government sounds illegitimate.
>>
>>79900890
Well we don't have a Bill of Rights, recognizing us as people with the right to the security of our own persons. We're property of the Australian Government, and if people want to assault and kill us, then we must let them, and then call the police if we're still alive after the ordeal.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 414x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 414x285
>>79900612
>>
>>79900612

>totally illegal

You mean it has to be reasonable force? ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces

That's pretty reasonable. If someone breaks into your house and attacks you you are allowed to fight back. You're just not allowed to curb stomp them once you've got them beat.

If someone breaks in to grannies house and attacks her and she stabs them in self defense that's 100% okay.

It helps keep ridiculous mistakes to a minimum like someone getting their head blown off when they knock on your door for directions "but he was ON MY PROPERTY and OBVIOUSLY A BURGLAR officer"
>>
>>79901076
Yes Australia has no liberty, we are a total police state.

>>79901221
No. It's totally illegal to defend yourself. We do not have castle doctrine in Australia. If you punch a home invader just once, you will be convicted in court.
>>
>>79901031
Our bill of rights is not an arbitrary wish list, it is the basis of government legitimacy. Our government recognizes that there are things it cannot do. You know, just like at the microcosmic level, the beginning of wisdom is recognizing what you do not know? "Tyranny" is mechanically speaking just government over-reach.
>>
>>79901506
The Australian government abducts people, poisons them, brainwashes them, tortures them.
>>
>>79901400

If the invader attempts to attack you you can retaliate.

Realistically you could use this to your advantage and say "he attacked me" and attack them anyway as long as you come from the front and don't bop them on the back of the noggin with a bat because then it's obvious you weren't just defending your being.
>>
>>79901400
How can a government exist if it does not recognize your right to exist?
>>
>>79901715
No you're not allowed to retaliate. You are meant to bend over and spread your arse cheeks and take the anal floggin.

>>79901750
Because it's fascist.
>>
>>79901835

No if someone attacks you you can absolutely defend yourself with reasonable force. That's how it works.
>>
>>79901990
Not in Australia. I was jumped in school by the captain of the football team, he punched me in the mouth extremely hard for no reason. Thank God I had braces. I'm a pacifist naturally, so I grabbed his arms and held them to his sides, and somehow my elbow accidentally hit him in the face. It all happened so fast. He fell backwards and got knock unconcious with a broken Jaw.

It was a mistake :(, well I got charged with 1st degree assault, and had to spend $1500 clearing my name, by doing various councillling, community service and apologising to his mum ;_; just so I wouldn't get convicted and go to juvi. I was only 15 ;_;, he didn't get charged.

I really hate my life, the police and government have worked against me my whole life. I just wanted to do my schooling, I get straight As easily, and enjoy being perfect in my work. Then I get assaulted, but I'm the one charged with assault *cries*.
>>
>>79900612
if someone breaks into your home and attacks you or your family fucking wipe them from the face of this Earth. We do not get our rights from the Constitution or any goverment; we get our rights from God.
>>
>>79902376
The Australian government believes they are God. And the moment you hit back, you are convicted all the same as the attacker and home invader.
>>
>>79900890
>>79901506
>>79901750
You're talking nonsense. Rights aren't physical things, they're guarantees made by the government. Your right to self defense only exists as long as the guy with the most guns (the government) says you can defend yourself. If he changes his mind, you obey, die, or kill him.

Might makes right.
>>
>>79902807
Exactly, and our government definitely has no threat of rebellion, because they took everyone's guns away with the Port Arthur False Flag.
>>
>>79902940
Correct, but also because there's no incentive for rebellion for most of your population.
>>
>>79900612
>An intruder
That's what you get for living in a high crime country.
>>
>>79903019
It's because the government puts fluoride in the drinking water which numbs the population into placidity.
>>
>>79903435
Possibly, or it could be that occasional low-level injustices are below the threshold for revolution.
>>
Self defense is always acceptable, but lethal force is not the only option.

I don't see /pol/ looking into home security systems, tasers, mace, better locks, CCTVs, et cetera. You don't see pictures of people behind locked doors posted on /pol/

The truth is that a lot americans just like guns because they're toys.
>>
>>79903582
Our government can exercise a media blackout any time they wish. They've done this several times before, the Australian people will never know the injustices done against them by the criminal Government.
>>
>>79903135

Would be low crime if everyone had and properly knew how to us a firearm :^)
>>
File: evil_gun_owners.png (88 KB, 697x1191) Image search: [Google]
evil_gun_owners.png
88 KB, 697x1191
no, it denies the right of criminals
>>
>>79903773
What is the Wild West.
>>
>>79905207
actually it was illegal to carry guns in most western towns.

the shoot out at the ok corral started when the earps tried to disarm the clantons who didn't even do nothing but exercise they rights yo
>>
>>79900612
>I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.

I'm going to answer your first question by stating that this particular part of your post is deeply horrifying to me.
>>
>>79906728
Australia is purgatory.
>>
>>79900612
10 to fifteen minutes!? It only takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes where I live. A lot can happen in 2 minutes though.
>>
>>79906829
I can't find updated info but the 2013 national average response time from the police was 11 minutes. So, you may live in an area with a very short response time, a lot of people don't, and like you said, a lot can happen in two minutes, imagine what can happen for someone who has to wait 10.
>>
>>79904389
>your killers rights are more valuable than your life being taken

And that ladies and gents, is why liberalism is a mental illness.
>>
File: 1384533150160.gif (982 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
1384533150160.gif
982 KB, 285x171
>>79900612
>Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion?

Is there anyone of sound mind who would say no?
>>
>>79901400
If this sort of thing is the law there, why are the Australians in this town always starting brawls?
>>
>>79902376

This. Evem if you don't believe in God, home and private property is sacred and paramount. Even if you live in a cucked country where you can be imprisoned for defending yourself you'll be a martyr for the most noble of causes
>>
>>79904389
really makes you think
>>
Man if i was an aussie i would have bars on everything and recordings at least of mad dogs blaring. Or make an urban fortrress.
>>
>>79900612
>I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.
So, why don't you just kill him and not call the cops? Bury his ass in the back yard or chop him to bits in the tub and discard him with cooking scraps over the course of a few months.
>>
>>79900612
It is a universal human right. You are responsible for your own life. You are responsible for defending that life. Nobody is justified in denying you the right to defend yourself.
>>
>>79907594
I tell people this as often as I can. The cops aren't on your side, do whatever you have to in order to defend yourself, just don't get the cops involved.
>>
>>79900612
Yes. It says so in the bible.
>>
>>79905207
Crime was low in the US until prohibition.
>>
>>79900612
This one law of yours makes me absolutely hate your country and refuse to ever go there despite being very interested in it's ecology.
>>
>>79900612
Is this really a question? If you do not have the right to defend your own life, in what sense are you not a slave?
>>
>>79902342

> Be assaulted
> Be charged with assault for self defense

So being punched in the face (Which has killed people, albeit rarely) isn't assault, but your actions after being punched, and likely not thinking straight due to adrenaline, are?

How the fuck did you fuck up that legal defense, desu. Did you just stand in front of a magistrate or something without a lawyer?

Some of the wording in the aussie self defense laws scares the heck out of me as an american:

>...the conduct was not, in the circumstances as the defendant genuinely believed them to be, reasonably proportionate to the threat that the defendant genuinely believed to exist....

Clearly the fact that anything happened to you at all means you're guilty in the eyes of the state. Sheesh.

>>79902807
Spot on. Our constitution guarantees rights. You get the 'rights' just by existing, they're not granted by the government.
>>
File: 1318294648493.png (126 KB, 310x285) Image search: [Google]
1318294648493.png
126 KB, 310x285
>illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers
My Australian friend was bragging about how great his country is compared to the US.
For some reason he thinks the US is infested with niggers and no where is safe because guns are legal. If I had to describe him he's learning Japanese so he can move to Japan and teach English.
>>
File: curbstomp.gif (338 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
curbstomp.gif
338 KB, 200x200
>>79901221
>Implying it is not totally justifiable to curb stomp a nigger after they break into your house.

You are a fucking cuck.

You are a fucking cuck.

If the nigger did not want to die, he should not have broken into my fucking house, end of fucking story.
>>
>>79901990
If someone attacks me, or even breaks into my house, no force is unreasonable to defend myself or my loved ones.
>>
>>79903729
Because freedom is not having to live behind closed doors with cameras. Freedom is being secure in your person and property, and being able to respond with force if either are threatened.
>>
People often get charged with murder for self-defence, but I'm not aware if anyone getting convicted for it, even if they shot two uniformed police officers performing a legal raid.
>>
>>79900612
same in cucked MN.

you are legally obligated to flee from your own fucking home. hate this state so much
>>
Self-defense is completely acceptable, but guns just make it more likely to end in lethal bullshit while not actually making it safer.
Admittedly sometimes fisticuffs leaves someone in a coma too, but that's rare enough to just tolerate it.
Besides if you just blanket ban guns outside of specific reasonable defendable scenarios you can more easily get potential threats spotted; every out-of-place gun is immediately validlly suspect.

Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.
>>
>>79905207

A myth.
>>
>>79901076

Ben Franklin is dat ngga
>>
>>79910472
>Self-defense is completely acceptable
>fisticuffs

My grandmother is 84. My grandfather died a few years back.

Are you truly suggesting she defend herself against a feral nigger home invasion with her fists instead of her .357?

God created men. Samuel Colt made them equal.
>>
>>79910472

Retarded line of thinking.

If there are no guns then all bets are off and robbers can rob anyone without fear of guns.

>but guns just make it more likely to end in lethal bullshit while not actually making it safer.

90% of robberies that involve the victim having a gun end up with the victim prevailing, so again, you're wrong.

>lethal bullshit
Easy solution, don't fucking be a criminal.
Lethal is great, because when you fucking kill the faggot he can't and go and lie to a judge.

Guns are great because a 90 lb woman can fuck up a 300 lb 6'8" nigger.

You're a complete fucking faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>79910472
>Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.
Except that's not even remotely true. Areas where open-carry is permitted have significantly lower crime rates compared to those that allow only concealed-carry. If you need to rob to survive you find an easier target. Fucking Europeans.
>>
>>79902342

Wow

How can Australians live like this?
>>
>>79902376

dat's right
>>
>>79910472
Fuck off Colgate.

>Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.
no, he just robs the next person down.
>>
>>79911232
Alcohol, marijuana, food, entertainment?
>>
>>79902807
Common Law precedes the central government. It was a polycentrically derived set of judgements and agreements that evolved for centuries, recognized by all those in the jurisdiction.

The founders of our republic made it very clear that there is a distinction between the Federal Government, which recognizes but does not grant rights, and the citizens, from whom the government derives power.
>>
>>79902807

You think rights are things that are guaranteed by the government

This is true but they are NATURALLY GIVEN by our creator
>>
>>79900612

Of course it is. Anyone who asks this question unironically should kindly commit suicide.
>>
Always thought aussies were cool. You guys are fucking cucks Jesus Christ.
>>
File: swedish-isis.png (203 KB, 401x331) Image search: [Google]
swedish-isis.png
203 KB, 401x331
>>79911090
Even the red-pilled europeans are completely cucked.
They can't help it, their government has been indoctrinating them from day one.
>>
>>79904389
These bastards want to chip away at every last crack and crevice of common law.
>>
>>79905207
Look up the "Mild West".

Violent crime was sparse.
>>
>>79904389
brb, off to buy more guns.
>>
File: 1460764443976.jpg (70 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460764443976.jpg
70 KB, 640x640
>>79911310
You seem to be dealing with it well
>>
>>79904389

Oh that bullshit triggered me hard
>>
>>79911410
It never used to be like this. We used to be hardcore, front-bar brawlin', deadly wildlife killin' drunks.

Now we have had the strongest pussification imposed upon us. At 5:30pm at night, mainstream TV ads, have grown men, who are "tradies" which is stereotypically masculine, tongue kissing each other and talking like homosexuals. With women being dominating matriarchs.

The castration of the typical Aussie maverick is near completion.
>>
>>79907415

Shut up with this non funny forced meme
>>
>>79911646
What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>79911646

Fucking Christ m8. People need to fucking purge.
>>
>>79911744
Jews and 1970s homosexual environmentalists perusing worthless degrees, going on to become major politicians.
>>
>>79900612

> Handguns.
> The First Feminists.
>>
File: guns are feminist.gif (491 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
guns are feminist.gif
491 KB, 500x265
>>79900612
>>
File: confucius say.jpg (94 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
confucius say.jpg
94 KB, 500x488
W-what would women need g-guns for?
>>
>>79900612
That isn't true you fucking idiot. If you knew anything about Australian Law you would know that you are able to defend yourself in your home and on the street it simply states "with reasonable force" which is
Completely dependent on the situation

Do some research before you post you fucking dumb ass lol
>>
File: right wing death squads.jpg (219 KB, 888x487) Image search: [Google]
right wing death squads.jpg
219 KB, 888x487
>>
>>79913520
Stop lying. You're not allowed to otherwise I wouldn't have been arrested for restraining an attacker in self defence. Can you believe they said I used excessive force? The principle asked me to take my shirt off because I have big muscles and I'm dangerous at the family conference - bypassing court prosecution. I said no. Principle is definitely a pedophile.
>>
File: gun-control.jpg (10 KB, 197x250) Image search: [Google]
gun-control.jpg
10 KB, 197x250
>>79900612

My opinion doesn't matter, its a God given right which no lower human authority can abrogate.

A human government can only accept or violate that right.
>>
>>79902940
>they took everyone's guns away

>Australians allowed this

You were betrayed by your own countrymen. A human government has no right violate God given rights.
>>
>>79914367
We had no choice, they threatened to jail for 20 years in long gay jail if the Australian people didn't sell their registered and unregistered firearms to the police.

Can you believe many people didn't turn in their unregistered firearms to the police. Because the police had no idea they had them? OH THE HORROR, THEY COULD USE UNREGISTERED FIREARMS TO SNIPE POLICEMEN IN THE HEAD FROM 500 YARDS AWAY.
>>
>>79914511
>We had no choice, they threatened to jail for 20 years

You had a choice, the same one we will have here. Blood in the streets and revolution, or back to your quiet life of oppression.

They try that shit here, its gonna be bloody.
>>
>>79914814
Then the Australian people are weak. And the American people are strong. When it comes down to it.
>>
>>79900612
you faggots killed crocodile dundee
he got a handful of enemies before falling
epic kill/death ratio

all hail the croc king
>>
>>79915076
You mean steve irwin
>>
>>79901031
This is because our laws were written when we were a prison.

All of our laws, our constitution etc were all written for a prison.

And people wonder why we are a nanny state...

I wish we could do something to change this but our laws being how they are any attempt to do so is smashed by the state and we have no means to defend ourselves from our own police.

And all of that would be if we managed to get enough people to give a shit enough to rebel and that's almost impossible now more than ever because everywhere you go everyone is either a fucking foreigner or they are brainwashed into multiculturalism and antiguns.

Which brings up another point. We as /auspol/ boys should not even focus on gun rights. We should be focusing on self defense rights. Our gun rights are based on having a "legitimate reason" to own them. If we had self defense rights that could then become a legitimate reason and we would could get looser restrictions on guns.

We need a bill of rights.
>>
>>79901076
Ben Franklin is right but what americans don't understand about Australia is we didn't "give it up". We never had it to begin with.
>>
>>79916024
Totally agree with everything you said, which is rare for me to 100% agree with someone on /pol/.
>>
This thread is completely wrong, self defence is completely legal in Australia.

You have no idea what you're talking about please apply a rope to your neck thank you.
>>
>>79916473
It's not. You just want to see innocent /pol/acks jailed in self defence by tricking them.
>>
>>79901221
>You mean it has to be reasonable force? ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces
Nope.

We also have this new thing called "one punch laws".

Basically if you punch someone just once and the result is they fall over and smack their head too hard and fall into a coma or die, you get charged with murder or manslaughter.

Some abo broke into some guys house earlier in the year, a father caught him climing into his little daughters house, knocked him out, called an ambulance and the cops. Told them the truth about what happened, they took the abo to hospital, he later died in hospital. The abo's family go to the cops, complain that abo was going to the father's house for a party and the father murdered him and racist etc, father gets arrested and is serving a murder charge.

The abo was at the time on parole and had just recently gotten out of jail too. Guess what the abo was in jail for?
>>
>>79916572
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/clca1935262/s15.html

You have similar legislation in your state
>>
>>79901715
Yeah and all of that is fucking retarded.

If some new australian (somalian former child soldier) breaks into your house with a machete to rape your 9 year old daughter to cure his aids you're not going to get out your law book to figure out what he has to do before you are allowed to hit him in the face with a fucking frying pan.

It's fucking retarded. If someone breaks into your fucking house the emphasis should be on protecting the contents of the home, people and property included, not protecting the fucking criminal scum breaking in.

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>79916732
Ok obviously you're one of the government agents monitoring me to know my state. I made no mention that I live in South Australia.

What's the matter, did you get so rattled you just had to impress me with your resounding grasp of personal data? I'm no impressed.
>>
File: 14190212611600.jpg (63 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
14190212611600.jpg
63 KB, 526x394
>>79900612
I don't recognize the pistol in that girl's hand. Anyone knows the model?
>>
>>79909236
Being charged is different to being conflicted. He said he was charged not convicted. It cost him $1500 in legal fees to clear the charge.
>>
>>79916625

>1.) Stop calling the police when you kill someone.
>2.) Dispose of the body far away from your residence.
>3.) Dindu Nuffin

Step it up Australia, the nigger criminals know how to do this better than you.
>>
>>79909802
Many australians have been strongly brainwashed to have extremely antigun views. They believe banning guns keeps guns away from violent psychopaths, they don't realise that banning guns means keep guns away from themselves.

They also seem to believe america is just like movies and everyone is constantly getting into shootouts.

They are dumb as fuck. It's sad how widespread these views are. It's very much perpetuated by the media.

They are actually proud of the nanny state.
>>
>>79911646
>Now we have had the strongest pussification imposed upon us. At 5:30pm at night, mainstream TV ads, have grown men, who are "tradies" which is stereotypically masculine, tongue kissing each other and talking like homosexuals. With women being dominating matriarchs.
link or webm please, I feel like you're exaggerating
>>
File: 1467257062098.png (327 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1467257062098.png
327 KB, 624x480
>>79900612
>Is self defense acceptable in your opinion?

Absolutely yes, why does this need to be asked on /pol/?

My ex girlfriend shot a guy breaking into her place and her first concern was for the blood stains on the carpet being a bitch to clean out.

How the rest of the world does not have that same mindset I cannot begin to comprehend
>>
>>79917074

Looks like a Hungarian PMK-380
>>
File: kbi380.jpg (62 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
kbi380.jpg
62 KB, 700x525
>>79917453

Actually it looks more like a KBI .380
>>
>>79900612
I wouldnt know, I live in Maryland.
>>
>>79914511
>We had no choice
howard barely survived that election senpai

if our parents weren't such softcocks he'd have lost and we'd still be buying guns for self-defence instead of that being limited only to politicians

breaks my heart to see what my homeland has become since childhood in the 1990s

now we're just lab rats for whatever latest UN cuck fantasy our government can sign us up for
>>
>>79917453
>>79917656
It looks too big for a Walther's copy
>>
>>79901715
>if someone attacks you you can absolutely defend yourself with reasonable force

The problem here is that what any normal person would consider reasonable force against an asshole whos broken into your home at 3am is far removed from what our 'legal' system deems reasonable.

You're expected to call the police, wait patiently and de-escalate the situation using kind words and fingerpainting or some shit, instead of wrapping a golf club around their head and leaving them on the front lawn for the garbage guys to collect.
>>
Fucking hell. Theyll never pull off gun confiscation here. Itll be impossible. All our troops and cops are just as protective of guns as we are. After magazine limiting legislation came into.effect in colorado, almost all the county.sherriffs announced openley on the news that they werent enforcing it. Then we recalled the fucker who voted for it. And this is right after aurora theatre incident. Colorado takes a lot of shit but thats some damn freedom.
>>
>>79911646
Don't forget how strongly the government is trying to destroy australian culture with lock-out laws.

For those who don't know, the Australian culture used to revolve around the pub, everyone would go out to pubs and bars, you would meet girls, talk shit, watch sports, gamble and get in fights about girls, talking shit, sports and gambling.

That is the core of australian culture.

Somehow a bunch of pussies and women managed to take control of government and they decided all that fun was the worst thing that could possibly happen.

There sollution was these things called "lockout laws". Basically now bars and pubs have to shut their doors at 12 pm now. So if it's before 12 you can enter but if you leave after 12 you can't go back it.

Their theory is this prevents men being men and fighting. Since this many bars and pubs have gone out of business.

They coupled this with "one punch laws" which say "one punch can be fatal" so if you punch someone just once you can be charged with murder.

These laws are part of the pussification of australian and the governments attempt to destroy australian culture.
>>
>>79900612
literally always acceptable

any law which violates a persons right to defend self, is not a law that one ought to feel compelled to abide. If you live in a society that disagrees, you should be prepared to accept the judgment, but steady and defend yourself to the best of your ability.
>>
>>79913520
> "with reasonable force"
There is no clear deffinition of "reasonable force" it is all down to whether the judge "feels you used reasonable force".
>feels
So it's about how some judge feels. The judge doesn't have to justify their decision at all, just say that they feel a certain way and you're fucking done.
>>
>>79902807
no rights are provided by God, which is the same as saying that they are properties we inherently have. Rights are compromised by circumstance or by forfeiture, everything else is a justification of the latter. We are all free until our freedoms overlap
>>
File: its 2015 with a gun.jpg (70 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
its 2015 with a gun.jpg
70 KB, 600x800
>british politics in utter turmoil and turning more nationalist after brexit

who /futurebongoperator/ here?
>>
File: repressive aus government.jpg (830 KB, 1972x2364) Image search: [Google]
repressive aus government.jpg
830 KB, 1972x2364
Threads over boys. The federal police/ASIO/australian signals directorate or whatever the fuck these faggots are. Are here monitoring me. And doxxing me. They announced my state in this thread.
>>
>>79917816
>>
>>79918372
O shit.I thought the monitoring thing was a meme.
>>
>>79918370
Jesus look at this faggot. Shit trigger discipline, cocking it like a nigger.
>>
>>79917221
We australian /pol/ guys know that, but the typical aussie doesn't know anything about our laws, they haven't even thought about it let alone looked it up. So they just assume they did the right thing and then they talk to the cops and tell them everything.

Then the cops rape them and throw them in prison.

It's an easy arrest for the cops so they love it, it's way easier than going after real criminals because real criminals actually have guns and our cops are only brave when they are facing unarmed civilians.
>>
>>79918372
when you whine about cuck-tier shit you can only be from one of two states

and if you were (((victorian))) you'd mention it at least once every post
>>
File: EMU-War.jpg (379 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
EMU-War.jpg
379 KB, 1024x768
>>79918372
>Threads over boys. The federal police/ASIO/australian signals directorate

Thread isn't over, they can suck our American dicks. We don't give a shit about a bunch of poof cunt Aussie bureaucrats.
>>
>>79918600
>Muh trigger discipline
Its okay if you are new to guns,but please refrain from leaving such an idiotic statement in the future
>>
>>79918372
Are you sure it's not the extra flags thing?
>>
>>79900612
No. A rape can last 30 seconds, murder is forever.
>>
>>79918676
t. Mudslime Gook
>>
File: 1380012414684.jpg (93 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1380012414684.jpg
93 KB, 560x432
>>79902807
>Rights aren't physical things, they're guarantees made by the government.
>>
>>79917221

Most people here are too indoctrinated in the good schoolboy mentality of telling someone in charge that you did something wrong.
I guarantee over 99% of Australians in capital cities would call the police and send themselves to jail if they'd killed an intruder on their property.
Don't ask I don't understand it either.
>>
>>79918715
shooting criminals isn't murder, it's community service
>>
>>79918413
Different mag release and end of the slide. Either the girl is too small or it's a full size pistol
>>
File: 1287752437.jpg (24 KB, 550x372) Image search: [Google]
1287752437.jpg
24 KB, 550x372
>>79917816
CZ 52
>>
>>79918372
Oh shit. Stay safe out there Straya and learn how to improvise weapons from /k/ommandos
>>
>>79918819
Finally. That some rare shit
>>
>>79918718
>Implying that Singapore has a muslim majority.
We used to have 20% muslim,now its 16%.Hmm I wonder about America
>>
>>79918819
Looks about right.
>>
File: cz52.jpg (22 KB, 575x380) Image search: [Google]
cz52.jpg
22 KB, 575x380
>>79918819
Other side
>>
>>79918872
America is 1% Muslim you shitskin zipperhead.

> city state
> no guns
> humid as fuck
> all the women are hideously ugly
> chewing gum banned for no reason
>>
>>79918947
>>79918819
So basically it's a nice TT
>>
>>79918960
And what was it 20 years ago?
Kek
>Chewing gum banned
Its allowed in small quantities as long as you dont rattle it like an autist in front of custom
>No guns
We have a gun club
>Hideous women
They are Jap rape babies.
Jap+Chink is not a good combo
>City state
Implying that is bad
>>
>>79900612
It's also illegal here. We have many cases of people being robbed and then shot dead while parking in their own garages, it always cause a lot of public outcry.
Anyway, as leftist as this country is, I doubt we'll ever have less strict gun laws. Maybe somewhere in the future.
>>
File: #AboveTheLaw.jpg (170 KB, 1611x788) Image search: [Google]
#AboveTheLaw.jpg
170 KB, 1611x788
"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now." - James B. Comey, FBI Director

Related video that I really recommend listening to when you get the chance:
youtube.com/watch?v=HMi072Ae_0w

>>
>>79900612
Let me propose it to you this way

>the universal declaration of human rights
>Somebody decides to invade your home
>Somebody intends to take your belongings
>Somebody intends to do violence to you, maybe because they feel its a necessity to get what they came for, maybe because they enjoy it. They might even torture you for lels.

now, Have they waved their human rights because they have decided to infringe upon the rights of another? Or are they allowed to infringe upon the rights of another freely with no consequence? The EU would like you to believe the latter, but isn't that really a failing of law enforcement to do their job given the restrictions they've placed on an individual's ability to protect their Inalienable human rights?

A gun free world can not exist in a world of violence. So long as there are barbarians and oppressors one must be able to present arms to protect themselves, their families, their communities.

It's easy for these politicians to disregard this, It's easy for them to get the idea a gun free world can work when they live in an all white gated community, out of touch with the reality they have brought to the people who elected them.

Shoot the nigger and save your life, He waved his human rights by behaving like an animal.
>>
>>79918372
What a fucking dirty cunt.

Fuck him.

Seriously, we have nothing to be afraid of. We are just discussing our nations laws and how fucking shit they have become.

These cunts are trying to destroy our country from the inside out.

We aren't even talking about breaking laws. We are talking about changing them.

If they don't fucking like it, they can go fuck themselves.

Fucking weak cunts should be doing something important with their authority instead of trolling people on 4chan for disagreeing with current australian law.

So sick of these fucking shills.
>>
>>79913728
Fucking hell, you're a loony cunt aren't ya? Have another sip of that "flouride water" and calm your tits faggot
>>
>>79901990
Not here
>>
>>79918372
newfag, you can get 4chan extension extra flags that show city and state of posters
>>
>>79919161
i like how he worded "hillary is above the law"
>>
>>79919197
Same famalanian
>>
>>79917990
>waaaaah i can't act like a nigger anymore

Fuck off
>>
>>79919197
if they don't like the idea of changing laws maybe they should pass a law to make changing laws illegal.
>>
>tfw I live in a state with Castle Doctrine while owning firearms

God bless America. Who /stand your ground/ here?
>>
>>79919292
Testing
>>
>>79918372
He can see your state using https://github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-4chan it may not be the straya CIA monitoring you
>>
>>79919469
You can only see someone elses state using extra flags if that person also has the extension. Which at the time none of them did.
>>
>>79919469
Nope. This only works with users that have that script. I'm using it right now, and I don't see your state in Brazil with it (required to use it).

This is a misinformation shill, the script is not that powerful.
>>79919292
>>
>>79919549
And I didn't have the script beforehand. There is no way for an ordinary poster to know my state with a greasemonkey script.

This is the work of the kangaroo cia.
>>
>>79919411

Texas checking in.
>>
>>79919667
What do the emu stand to gain out of trolling shitposters?Sometimes I dont understand Emus
>>
File: OQlOZoL.jpg (53 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
OQlOZoL.jpg
53 KB, 500x376
>>79919549
Then it's probably the straya CIA monitoring you, saddle your kangaroo and prepare your boomerang because they're coming to get you
>>
>>79919736
>>79919762
See guys this is the kinda bullshit of why we Australians are so oppressed and nogunz. The moment you have a discussion about it on an Anonymous weeaboo imageboard, you get feds SWARMING all over you, interrupting conversations and shitting everywhere.

They really do try to shut down dissent in every medium, as fast as possible. I'm not saying anything about breaking laws, so they really should not be suppressing the limited freedom of speech, I suppose the government affords us. Freedom of speech in Australia might just be as big a farce as self-defence however.
>>
File: chrome-install1.webm (539 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chrome-install1.webm
539 KB, 1920x1080
>>79919549
>>79919667
look at this poofter
>>
File: ToughAustralians.jpg (167 KB, 962x647) Image search: [Google]
ToughAustralians.jpg
167 KB, 962x647
>>79917990
>"one punch can be fatal" so if you punch someone just once you can be charged with murder.

>Are Australians actually this tough?

Nope
>>
>>79920087
ONE POST BY THIS ID

ANOTHER FEDERAL AGENT

Also cock stain, use this fucking thread, next time for your demonstration. Most of /int/ use the extension and readily share their state with each other through it.

HAHAHA THE SHILLING IS REAL
>>
>>79910428

Can't wait to start an finish my HVAC classes. Gonna take up an apprenticeship in a not cucked midwestern/southern state.
>>
Florida here
don't come in my home or i will zim zam your flim flam.
Stand your ground.
>>
>>79920087
I hope they dock your pay for your tremendous fuck up in exposing your self as an agent with 4chan oversight. You are digging yourself deeper and deeper Jason Bourne.
>>
>>79919207
>>79919382
shills are out in force.
It's called being a man. There is a war being waged on men in the west right now. They want women to be in control of everything. They want men to be passive little bitched.

You know what happens when you allow all your men to become passive little bitches.

Sweden happens.

The civilised men stop fucking women because they are afraid to be accused or rape so birth rates fall, the government brings in millions of muslims and niggers to keep the GDP up and then those muslims and niggers rape the fuck out of the women and noone is there to defend them because all the men have been pussified and they are afraid to get punched in the face because they have never been in a fight in their life and the adrenaline makes them shit their pants and fall on the floor in a quivering mess.

There is nothing wrong with men having the occasional fisticuffs over a disagreement. Especially if the disagreement is for a good cause. If some bloke grabs your gfs ass or even insults her it should be perfectly fine to punch him in the face.

You call that behaving like a nigger? Niggers punch people for no reason other than because they are easy targets or to rob them. Niggers attack in packs and then stomp on the loser.

I'm talking about punching a man in the face for being obnoxious and having it coming to him. I'm talking about two men squaring off and fighting, one goes down and the fight is over. That's how it used to be and everything was fine. People were better for it.

Men learned to be decent in public, not carry on like a stupid cunt and to respect another man in a way to not try and steel or sexually assault his woman.

>>79919406
But they love making new laws, but only ones that add more restrictions on people. How will they put in tighter restrictions on what you can and can't say on the internet if they make it illegal to change laws.

That's the next thing they will start shilling hard for.
>>
>>79916625
>if you punch someone just once and the result is they fall over and smack their head too hard and fall into a coma or die, you get charged manslaughter.

um yeah
That's why manslaughter exists
>>
File: DSCF0609.jpg (606 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0609.jpg
606 KB, 1600x1200
>>79920202
>>79920357
I bet if I aimed this just right i could kill one of your cats from here
>>
>>79920087

How do you do that
>>
>>79920192
It's not the punch that kills you, the punch just knocks you out, then you fall to the ground and smack the back of your head on some concrete and have blood pooling in the back of your head and die.
>>
>>79920546
Y-y-es mr agent, i'm so sorry for offending you, i've been a naughty boy, i'll go now.
>>
What's wrong with reasonable force? Are you that much of a soft cunt that you need a gun to fight someone? Fuckin pathetic and stop spreading bs
>>
>>79900612

It's legal here mate just good fucking luck trying to make a case for it in court
>>
File: crow t durr.jpg (2 KB, 107x126) Image search: [Google]
crow t durr.jpg
2 KB, 107x126
>>79900612
It took me 5 minutes to look this up

Zecevic v Director of Public Prosecutions
>The question to be asked in the end is quite simple. It is whether the accused believed upon reasonable grounds that it was necessary in self-defence to do what he did. If he had that belief and there were reasonable grounds for it, or if the jury is left in reasonable doubt about the matter, then he is entitled to an acquittal

You're a whiny cunt and you're kind of dumb
>>
>>79920596
>How do you do that
10mm
>>
>>79902807
>rights aren't physical things

neither are theories, so you should have no trouble disproving the Theory of Relativity, or gravity, or anything like that. Go on, we're waiting.
>>
>>79900612

What the fuck kind of question is this!? Is the world so fucking cucked that not letting yourself become injured or wounded unacceptable?
>>
>>79920445
>some drunk cunt walks up to your gf and starts grabbing her ass
>you punch him in the face
>20 years in jail

You agree with this? Because that's one punch laws in australia.
>>
>>79920862
Hey Joey,
get the fuckin barbie.
>>
>>79920862
Murder without intent is manslaughter. That's how it works in literally every civilized nation.
>>
>>79920361
no, they can still change laws. the people just cant vote to change laws. You can vote for politician but it's illegal to tell them how to do their job at any point.
>>
>>79902376
In Australia you get life without parole for fighting back against home invaders, while actual murderers get no more than 5 years.
>>
>>79901221
>ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces

WHY
THE
FUCK
NOT
>>
>>79917990
Except that for most of Australia's history pubs closed not long after the sun went down.

inb4 fuck off gook
>>
>>79920631
>The general rule regarding self-defence is that a person is allowed to take any defensive or evasive steps that they believe to be necessary. Unlike other areas of law, self-defence isn’t reliant on a specific formulaic approach, but rather, is dependent on the facts of the matter, with the question left for the courts and a jury to decide.
This is what is wrong with the reasonable force law.
>a person is allowed to take any defensive or evasive steps that they believe to be necessary.
See that.
Now this states that you can do what YOU believe is necessary. Now let's say at the time you believe hitting the perp in the head with a cricket back of stabbing him with a kitchen knife was necessary. The judge can later determine that is was not necessary and you are fucked up the ass.

Now as for the bullshit about
>soft cunt that you need a gun to fight someone?
Yes, playing the hard cunt tough guy who could beat up more intruders than jackie chan is great for you and I on the internet but what about the case when you have a home invasion from 3 or more perps and they are all armed. How are you going to get out of that one? By simply telling them that you could bash them all?

And that's only taking in consideration able bodied men.

What about disabled people, the elderly and women? Should they have no means to defend themselves that puts them on equal or greater footing then a criminal.

Women, the disabled and oldies are always going to be more vulnerable to crime. They aren't even allowed to carry nonlethal weapons like pepper sprays or tasers in australia.

What is the good reason for that? Because you'll smash any cunt? Sorry tough guy but that isn't a good reason for women to just allow themselves to get raped with no means to defend themselves while they wait for the cops to show up or for old folks to get bashed and have their prized possessions stolen.

Fuck off with this bullshit. People deserve the right to defend themselves.
>>
>>79918744
Good thing that my right to freedom of speech will work in North Korea since the government doesn't have anything to do with rights :^)

What is up with this shitty meme? The only rights you have are the ones that you are allowed by the government. If people are being denied these rights they fight to change them.

A right is the ability to do a thing without fear of persecution or punishment, not the physical ability to do it. I can call Kim jong il a flaming faggot in North Korea nd be immediately imprisoned, or I can do that in the US and not be.

See the difference? there are no 'natural rights' or 'god given rights'. It's a pile of shit.
>>
>>79916024
Our constitution is the one good part of Australia mate, even though it's been shit on by the federal government.
>>
>>79918372
You have zero reading comprehension my tinfoil wearing friend. He never said it was your state, he posted an example from 1 of 6 states that just happened to be the one you are living in (which is probably the one he lives in too)
>>
>>79921042
They don't have to die. It's 5 years in jail just if the punch hurts them.
>>
File: ProfBee.png (3 KB, 144x142) Image search: [Google]
ProfBee.png
3 KB, 144x142
>>79921367
Because their right to physical integrity trumps your basic property rights

If somebody is drunk and mistakenly walks into my house, I do not have the right to shoot his head off. Nor do I have the right to shoot them if they are stealing my property, but otherwise do not intend me physical harm.

My right to infringe their physical integrity only exists to the extend that it assures my own physical integrity.

If somebody is in my house and intends me harm, I have to right to protect myself. It its reasonable to kill them, then I have the right to kill them.
>>
>>79900612
I think Norway's official policy is that it is better for a few innocent victims to die rather than having an epidemic of burglars and potential murderers die.
>>
buy a taller fence retard
>>
>>79921725
Where did you learn this

Can you cite a specific statute or precedent?
>>
>>79920631
What an utterly fucking terrible post.

You should fucking end yourself, you retarded socialist traitor.
>>
>>79921633
It was good back before the 60s when it still had all the stuff about abos not being recognised as people. But what's so good about it now?

It's overly long, outdated and doesn't guarantee us any rights.

Correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm not all that familiar with the ins and outs of it.
>>
Threadly reminder that LDP got BTFO in this election

Castle doctrine and legal gun possession for defence will never happen
>>
>>79922012
It provides for a stable democratic nation with a division of powers between the legislative, judicial and executive arms of government, and also attempts to protects the powers of the states from federal government overreach.
>>
>>79917990
>one punch can be fatal
Bald superhero fgt first thing to appear in mind
Kek
>>
>>79921883
He can't he's talking about coward punching (punching someone in the back of the head whilst they're not looking)
>>
>>79921883
http://www.nsw.gov.au/alcohol-and-drug-fuelled-violence-initiatives
>>
>>79922012
> and doesn't guarantee us any rights.

>Correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm not all that familiar with the ins and outs of it.

Read it first before you start spouting shit about it. It does its job, setting out the structure of the government, the powers of the federal government. This American 'constitution is a list of mah rights' garbage is an aberration, that's not the overriding purpose of a constitution in most countries. The Australian constitution is not dissimilar to the body of the US constitution (i.e. Everything before the amendments)
>>
>>79922269
Nope. Doesn't have to be in the back of the head or a sucker punch.

The law is that if you punch someone and they are drunk and they get injured in some way you can go to jail for 3-9 years if it's determined to be Reckless wounding or 4-12 years if it's determined to be Grievous bodily harm.

There is no mention of "back of the head" or "whilst they're not looking".

It's just "one punch whilst intoxicated".
>>
>Be nigger
>Break into someones house to steal things
>find they're home
>homicidetime.watermelon
>They draw gun
>get shot
WOOOOOOWWWWW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN?
>>
>>79922310
So you were lying? The "one punch" shit only applies to manslaughter.

The mandatory minimum applies to grievous bodily harm and wounding, which is clearly more than a punch (see: R v Sherpherd 2003)

You're either stupid, or you're being intellectually dishonest.
Since you're Australian, I'll err on the side of stupid.
>>
>>79922519
Sorry I don't have a lengthy legal document from 1901 memorized you cunt.

I didn't say I was some fucking australian constitution expert. I asked what is so great about it...

It doesn't do it's job all that well because the majority of federal government itself is probably knows it as well as I do.

If you love it so much why don't you give some reasons why?

You fucking dickhead.

>>79922111
At least this guy has a good enough reason for his liking of it.

Even though I would say it has been ineffective in exercising what it apparently does.
>>
>>79922992
I laid out what I think it should do and what it does.

You don't have to memorise it but it's silly to criticise it without reading it.
>>
File: One-punch-can-kill.jpg (202 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
One-punch-can-kill.jpg
202 KB, 1500x1125
>>79922912
Nope, you're a dumb cunt.

Here's some posters put out by the australian police to advertise these laws.
>>
>>79923332

Hell, even here in Texas an unprovoked punch can haunt you forever.

Is this for unprovoked or is Australia so cucked that you can't even defend yourself?
>>
>>79923302
I have read it you dick head. Fucking years ago. You're the one who said I hadn't.

I don't think it's all that great. But like I said I'm not an expert so someone else more familiar with might be able to tell me why it is.

You're claiming that I mustn't have read it because I don't think it's great. Even with that other guy's reason for why he thinks it's great I still think it's shit and outdated and we need a new one.
>>
>>79923332
does this poster carry legal precedent?

are the judges bound by the poster?
>>
>>79921765
You have no reason to believe someone that has invaded your property is not there to cause harm to you. To give more credence to the idea that an invader is there solely as a mistake or to non-violently steal your property reveals how cucked you are.
>>
>>79911718
Really makes you think..
>>
>>79923709
Its not about credence, its about what is reasonable.

If you think that anybody who trespasses does so with the intent to kill, you are not a reasonable person.
>>
>>79923592
You haven't demonstrated an understanding of what it does and it's historical context, so I assumed that you either hadn't read it or hadn't appreciated it. Sorry for making that leap.

>it's shit and we need a new one
Why? It's almost certain that a full rewrite of the constitution would be much longer, bake in anti-discrim nonsense instead of gun/free speech rights and would strip the states of rights and subject the 'based states' to the rule of voters in the south east even more so than now.
>>
>>79923860
It is. If you think anyone who breaks down doors or windows to gain access to your abode is doing so only for noble reasons, you are the unreasonable one.

Knocking on the door is always an option.
>>
>>79923446
If someone punched you first you should be fine, but if you throw the first punch you're in the shit. But again our self defence laws are very vague and not clear on what is and is not "reasonable".

Recently there was a pretty big case in the news about a guy getting in trouble with these laws.

Some argentinian guy on holiday was charged under one punch laws for grievous bodily harm because he punched some irish guy and the irish guy hit his head on the pavement. The argentinian claims he was walking down the street with his friends, when some group of drunk irish guys came up and punched one of his mates causing him to fall over into some bins near by. The irish guy who did this was then was fronting up to his other friends and the argentinian guy saw this and punched the irish guy. Irish guy hits his head, they go to trial, judge says it wasn't self defence, minimum sentence of 4 years in jail.
>>
>>79900612
I believe self-defense is as necessary to a person as their right to life.

After all, when a person is under attack, they are essentially one and the same.
>>
>>79923659
Shut up you fucking idiot. I've had it with you. I've told you the facts. Grievous bodily harm and reckless wounding are covered by the one punch laws.

Fucking leaves I swear.
>>
>>79924130
This isn't an argument. "Reasonable" in this case has a strict, legal definition.

If you fall outside of this definition, then you are objectively unreasonable.
>>
>>79924026
Yeah well unfortunately you're right about that. The current atmosphere would cause us to have a completely cucked constitution full of SJW marxist moral faggotry.

But I was being a little idealistic and dreaming of a constitution that isn't cucked beyond belief that was written by sensible people and we all know there's no chance of that in the current year.
>>
>>79924220
You're a fag and a moron, that has nothing to do with the one punch laws.

>>79923446
This covers the introduced law http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/offences/assault/causing-death

If you're drunk and punch a guy for no reason and he dies then you get 8 years automatically.
>>
Reminder that any country that doesn't have castle doctrine is cucked beyond repair.
>>
I'd roll a motherfucker over with a lawnmower for breaking into my house. I'd define that as reasonable force. I'm so goddamned sick of liberals. FUCK.
>>
>>79924893
This is why most places don't have castle doctrine.
>>
>>79924492
You're right, "reasonable does have a strict, legal definition, and you're the unreasonable one..
>>
>>79900612

no it's not you fuckin drongo lmao
>>
>>79925027
cite case or precedent
>>
>>79924492
Alright then cunt.. What is the strict legal definition of "reasonable" in the following laws

>South Australia.
It is a defence to a charge of an offence if—
(a) the defendant genuinely believed the conduct to which the charge relates to
be necessary and reasonable for a defensive purpose; and
(b) the conduct was, in the circumstances as the defendant genuinely believed
them to be, reasonably proportionate to the threat that the defendant
genuinely believed to exist1.
It is a partial defence to a charge of murder (reducing the offence to manslaughter)
if—
be necessary and reasonable for a defensive purpose; but
(b) the conduct was not, in the circumstances as the defendant genuinely believed
genuinely believed to exist.2

>NSW
A person is not guilty of an offence under this section for possessing
anything referred to in subsection (1) (a) if the person satisfies the court
that he or she possessed it for the purpose of self-defence and that it was
reasonable in the circumstances to possess it for that purpose.
>BTW the law weapons act NSW weapons act contradicts this and says you can't carry any item for self defence
It is a defence to a charge of an offence if—
be necessary and reasonable for a defensive purpose; and
(b) the conduct was, in the circumstances as the defendant genuinely believed
genuinely believed to exist1.

So what is the that strict, legal definition of "reasonable".

Because it seams a bit like it's up to however the judge feels at the time.
>>
Youre all helping some butthurt aspie puil his prick. You can commit an act of violence in self defence. But you do have to act in proportion to the threat. OP is a faggot, and you're all indulging him and his bullshit.
>>
>>79925339
>Doesn't know what reasonable is in the context of self defence
>Posts definitions of reasonable grounds in the context of self defence
>>
>>79901221
>You mean it has to be reasonable force? ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces

Sounds fucking retarded, mate. Basically, you have to wait for them to kill you before you can kill them.
>>
>>79925696
So tell me then.

What is "reasonable"?
>>
>>79924492

I think you're somehow confusing trespassing with B&E. The former isn't an offense that you can kill someone for in most states. The latter is.

If someone has broken into your home, there is absolutely no reason NOT to kill them.
>>
>>79900612

self defense is the first and foremost human right even

We know that since a long ass time, it was locke who wrote in "The Leviathan" that the right to defend one's life and integrity was inaliable

Reminder that lock was very much in favor of a king absolute yet even him recognized the value of self defense

This make you think about our cuckned state in europe where self defense is pretty much illegal

Fuck these so called democratic governement that cuck our human right
>>
>>79925710
Belting them over the head once to incapacitate them would be reasonable, proceeding to carve them into chunks while they lay there helplessly would be considered unreasonable
>>
>>79925778
>What is "reasonable"?

You have to offer the home invader vegemite on toast. If he's still angry afterward, you can hit him once with a cricket bat.

Why are your fellow countrymen so retarded?
>>
>>79901221
The core problem with that is that it means that you need to magically and immediately recognize how much threat an intruder has, with no idea of what weapons he might have, or if he's alone or with friends, and then hold a person indefinitely until the police show up.

The places with a strict duty to retreat will require you to abandon your wife, or children before legally allowing you to engage.

>>79903729
What are you talking about? Passive defenses is a very common topic here, particularly say in South African threads.

>>79906977
You should actually look up what your average response times in your area are.

>>79910472
This depends entirely on the kind of criminal fuckheads you have. If they're using incindiaries, as is very common in major urban unrest, the only really viable counter is a gun.
>>
>>79925865
>proceeding to carve them into chunks while they lay there helplessly would be considered unreasonable

It would be in America, too. That's why we have guns. It only takes a few shots and doesn't require mutilation of the person's body to kill them.
>>
>>79921482

fuck off ya nip.
>>
>>79925913
I don't know. They call me a fool for questioning a foolish law, but none of them seem to be able to tell me why it's great, only that it is great.

They aren't just foolish they are proud of it.
>>
>>79901076
How the worm has turned. Clearly you deserve neither, America.
>>
>>79925230
No you, faggot. You're the one who brought legal bullshit into this, you fuckin canuck
>>
>>79920445
If a violent criminal fuckhead chooses to attack someone, they should also take responsibility for reasonable outcomes.

>>79921765
Does maple syrup give you the magical ability to read people's intent and violence level when they're stealing your shit?
>>
File: 1429144068773.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1429144068773.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>79926177

There are people in this thread who probably support the '96 gun buyback. That's how bad it is.
>>
>>79926188

Has it? Have you got it any better?
>>
>>79925865
>Belting them over the head once to incapacitate them would be reasonable
So you mean like in this case where the guy who did that got a murder charge because the courts decided that was not "reasonable".

http://www.baka.com.au/nsw/man-dies-after-breaking-into-home-in-newcastle-and-being-detained-by-homeowner-20160327-gnruib.html

There is no definition of reasonable.

The law states that if you believe it is a "reasonable" response to a threat then it is self defense. But what the judge feels is "reasonable" could be completely different and he might decide it is murder.
>>
File: Colorado.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1123) Image search: [Google]
Colorado.jpg
78 KB, 1500x1123
18-1-704.5. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder

(1) The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.

(3) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.

(4) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the use of such force.
>>
File: 1458298996392.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1458298996392.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>79926334
Its the younger generation who weren't around before the buyback, who don't any better and have been socially engineered to see a firearm and think its immediately a bad thing.

Wonder if I can marry a Yank chick.
>>
>>79926701

I'll give you a gun as a housewarming gift if you ever move here.
>>
>>79924554
>If you're drunk and punch a guy for no reason and he dies then you get 8 years automatically.
Most Americans wouldn't be too bothered by this. Note that I'm not talking about a fight
>>
>>79926701
it's possible, look into long distance relationships. she comes over, you both get married, you present photos and marriage documents to the us immigrations department
>>
>>79926759
AR-15 please.

>>79926842
Hmm, maybe I'll suss something out, dating is fucked in my area.
>>
>>79926447
They decided that chasing him for half a K after he'd left your house then beating him to a pulp with a friend was unreasonable. He also asked the cops to give him 2 minutes with burglar, he went well past self defence.

http://www.baka.com.au/nsw/benjamin-batterham-repeatedly-punched-home-invader-ricky-slaterdickson-before-death-court-hears-20160506-goof5p.html
>>
>>79907278
Because you're poor
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.