[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, makes you think, doesn't it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19
File: Guns.png (31 KB, 639x311) Image search: [Google]
Guns.png
31 KB, 639x311
>>
hmmm really dose
>>
I agree. Gun courses in school now!
>>
File: 1466629992852.jpg (1 MB, 3012x1728) Image search: [Google]
1466629992852.jpg
1 MB, 3012x1728
>>79859421
>>
SHALL
>>
>>79859615
not
>>79859569
/thread
>>
>>79859421
Holy shit... this made me think.
>>
>>79859421
>gay used to mean being happy
>everyone accepts that it now means being homosexual

>"regulated" used to mean something like "well kept", meaning gun owners were regulating themselves, separate from the state/government
>cucks try and argue that "regulated" means state/government tells gun owners how to do everything

the thing I hate most about cucks is their inconsistency
>>
File: cap.png (63 KB, 598x538) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
63 KB, 598x538
>>79859421
>>
>>79859421
The founding fathers were telling us that guns needed to be Well Regulated within the confines of a Militia. It's obvious.
>>
File: cap2.png (53 KB, 598x475) Image search: [Google]
cap2.png
53 KB, 598x475
>>79860243
>>
File: cap3.png (47 KB, 598x395) Image search: [Google]
cap3.png
47 KB, 598x395
>>79860297
>>
>>79859421
Over.Regulated.
>>
>>79859421

#DsiarmTyranny
>>
File: predator-firing-missile4.jpg (479 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
predator-firing-missile4.jpg
479 KB, 1080x810
>>79859421
The right to bear arms shall not be infr
>>
(((((Rothfuss)))))
>>
>>79859421

Not really.

The government is perfectly free to regulate the militia. It is the government's duty to do so.

They don't get to infringe on the right to bear arms in the process.
>>
>The Cuckhold's Fear
>>
>>79860368
>>79860297
>>79860243

tl;dr is "My opinion is better than James Madison's"

cool fact: Thomas Jefferson owned a Girardoni Air Gun, a gun that could hold around 20 lead balls and shoot them semi-auto.
>>
>>79859421
You are not a man if you want gun control.

Also i would love to see how the shitstain demoshits in shitcago would explain the intense gun laws vs their insanely high crime rate
>>
>>79860368

What a fucking halfwit.
>>
File: (((constitutional scholar))).png (519 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
(((constitutional scholar))).png
519 KB, 640x427
wtf i hate the constitution now
>>
I still like his books... still waiting on that 3rd.
>>
t. Irrelevant writer whose second book was an embarrassing exercise in neck beard wish fulfillment fantasy
>>
File: Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg (122 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg
122 KB, 600x803
>>79861345
Dawn straight. We brits joke about the spoons and assault bike wheels etc. But seriously, that's where the slippery slope will take you if you let it start. Ban guns, then knives, eventually broomhandles become WMDS. Fuck I want my guns.
>>
>>79860297

It's a shame these liberal faggots are too mentally ill to understand the irony of saying things like "it's a living document" and not understanding that they're a fringe minority that has literally zero chance of getting an actual constitutional amendment ratified.
>>
>>79860243
>violence for political reasons
hmm almost sounds like terrorism
>>
File: 2nd Amendment.gif (44 KB, 827x628) Image search: [Google]
2nd Amendment.gif
44 KB, 827x628
>>79859421
I came here from /k/ to tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>79860243
if the possibility of being wrong is sufficient evidence of actually being wrong, i hereby declare everybody who disagrees with me to be wrong about everything
>>
Fun fact: Patrick Rothfuss's second book had a several-chatper-long interlude in the middle where the main character, who was a virgin, got tutored in being really good at sex by a magical forest sex-fairy. Then he went back to the mortal realm and for the rest of the book all of the ladies were like, "wow, he's really good at sex!"

Also he wrote a song about his sex lessons with the magical forest sex-fairy that within a couple months became one of the most popular songs in the world, so now everybody knows how good he is at sex.

I am not misrepresenting him. This is a literal description of what happens.

I don't even give a shit about gun control one way or the other, but this doesn't make me inclined to take his opinions seriously ... about anything.
>>
>>79860243
>>79860297
>>79860368
Sounds like some great reasons to revisit this whole "free speech" thing.
>>
>>79859850
BE
>>
>>79861345
They blame surrounding areas with freer gun laws then sweep it all under the rug. No citizen, you don't need to worry about the crime rates. Look at this mass shooting! Think of the children!
>>
>>79859421
Well. Regulated. Militia.
>>
>>79862300
Don't his book really cater to feminists? I know a lot of my female friends are craze about him
>>
>>79859421

Well regulated means well PRACTICED with arms to be ready when called upon to fight.

What were the English Soldiers during the Revolution called?

The Regulars.
>>
>>79861794
Fuck you faggot 1v2 me irl dicksuck
>>
>(((Rothfus)))
>>
>>79859421

>Scholars have tested these theories and the evidence is clear: Whether it’s liberation movements, secessionist campaigns, insurrectionist or anti-regime struggles, nonviolence resistance succeeds relative to violent resistance. In 2011, Erica Chenoweth, a professor of International Studies at the University of Denver, and Maria J. Stephan, a senior policy fellow at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP), published a comparative study of 323 violent and nonviolent resistance campaigns between 1900 and 2006. What they discovered aligns perfectly with Sharp’s pluralistic conception of power: “nonviolent resistance campaigns were nearly twice as likely to achieve full or or partial success as their violent counterparts” (7). And this holds across regime types and in various regions of the world.

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/20/the_militia_myth_why_an_armed_citizenry_isnt_the_best_defense_against_state_tyranny/

Half of them believed slavery was a good idea and yet we pretend what they wrote 200 years ago is the gospel.
>>
>>79862690
INFRINGED
>>
>>79863248
>Half of them believed slavery was a good idea
Do you enjoy pulling fabricated garbage straight out of your loose anus?
>>
>>79863248

>nonviolence

No such thing m80. There is always force, or the threat of force
>>
>>79863215
Fuck off Patrick, your books are shot and you are a fat liberal long haired hippy mouth breathing scumbag wast of humanity
>>
>>79863431
>rustled
Are you one of Jefferson's kids?
>>
>>79863248
>Half of them believed slavery was a good idea and yet we pretend what they wrote 200 years ago is the gospel.

More like they correctly believed it was an issue that would split the nation, and as such delayed addressing it.

Congress under Thomas Jefferson (meaning he didn't shoot it down) banned the importation of slaves in 1808. Slavery was on its way out, one way or another.
>>
>>79859421
Well, if you are a liberal you MUST by law have either racist or hate in your slogan somewhere.

Next #BanRacistGuns
>>
>>79862545
Certainly free means we don't have to pay to speak, but we can't just speak anything we want to.
>>
>>79859421
Wtf I hate guns now?
>>
I would be okay with all guns needing registered, and that guns must be brought in when the owner dies or wishes to resell them and have the process done by an agency. Maybe have the NRA become a fully endorsed government agency.

Would make more jobs.
>>
>>79865030
Registration is not OK.
>>
>>79865030
>all guns needing to be registered
That would defeat the purpose of the second amendment.
>>
>>79863071
Eh. Maybe a little, there's a couple Strong Female Characters (who honestly aren't terribly written, it's not that forced) but their presence is balanced out by the fucking ridiculous sexy-fairy segment, and the female love interest, who's universally hated. The first book is extremely male-dominated. And of the Strong Female Characters, two fuck the main character, one offers to fuck him, and one is in love with him (for a while, anyway.)

The book is a male wish-fulfillment fantasy if anything. I know he has a reputation as a feminist author, but for better or for worse I really don't see it.
>>
>>79865030

What exactly is registration supposed to accomplish? I've never found a gun grabber capable of explaining the point other than it's more gun control, therefore they want it.
>>
>>79859569
If I were a lawyer then I could easily poke a hole through this argument by mentioning that if "well regulated militia" meant a people "working as intended" then you now see a American people who are NOT well regulated at this time, they are going around shooting each other and causing mass havoc.

If these be the definitions then right now, we don't truly count as a well regulated militia at all. Until such time as we can regulate the people, gun control is justice, we need right now.
>>
>>79859421
>well regulated means government controlled

Do they pretend to not know what words are?
>>
>>79865117
>>79865149

There is nothing wrong with registration.

That being said, it should be a classified document. Not a public list.
>>
>>79865030
>I would be okay with all words needing registered, and that words must be brought in when the owner dies or wishes to resell them and have the process done by an agency. Maybe have the NRA become a fully endorsed government agency.
>Would make more jobs.
>>
>>79865208

You'd make a terrible lawyer.
>>
>>79865173

Basically it means that if a person has a firearm, but wasn't qualified to have one, you can find out who gave it to him.

I see people selling handguns and AR-15s all the time in bragg and it's always a simply no questions asked cash only exchange.
>>
>>79865149
Where does it say guns should be kept secret?
>>
>>79865270

That's basically already the case with copyright.
>>
>>79865253

There's plenty wrong with registration. Who owns guns and what they own is none of the government's business.

It's also a complete waste of time and money. The government has a list, probably hilariously inaccurate, of who owns what guns. Okay? What exactly did that accomplish?
>>
>>79865208
If you were a lawyer, you'd hang from a tree for treason when the day of the rope arrives.

SHALL
>>
File: genocide7229.jpg (99 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
genocide7229.jpg
99 KB, 427x640
>Well regulated

Which means functioning as intended.

Since the ideas behind the militia has changed drastically since it's inception it could be argued that it's certainly not functioning as intended.

The argument could be made that a militia is no longer needed for the security of a free state.

therefore no need for citizens to bear arms.

this is just shitty devils advocate here.

i'm on the fucking guns for fucking everyone side of the argument.
>>
>>79865208
>if i were a lawyer
thank god you're not.
that argument is the incomprehensible ravings of a fool
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zE0K22zH8

SHALL
>>
File: declaration_of_rights_0.jpg (231 KB, 566x760) Image search: [Google]
declaration_of_rights_0.jpg
231 KB, 566x760
"Every citizen has the right to own weapons at home and use them, either for common defense, his own defense, against any illegal agression which would put in jeopardy the life, members or freedom of one or several citizens"

Article X of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, 1789.

That article was discarded in the final draft for the following reasons :

"The right declared in discarded article X was obvious in its nature, and one of the main guarantors of political and civil freedom, that no other institution can replace."

The writers of the declaration outlined that owning weapons was a natural right, existing everywhere since an extremely long time, it is "a superior and unyielding principle, which forces itself not only upon the authority of a determined state, but to the authorities of all states."

Now I wonder how leftards would be trying to argue those words if that article had been included.
>>
>>79865498

>person commits crime with firearm
>turns out he should have never had it
>find out who it's registered to
>hold them accountable as well

That being said, I guess most illegal firearms have scratched serial numbers.
>>
>>79865413

There are more than half a billion unregistered guns currently in circulation in the United States.

Explain in detail how your registration scheme is going to be effective.
>>
>>79859559
this. why don't we do this? this is such an obvious thing that we should be doing that it hurts
>>
>>79865698

>want to hold third parties responsible for someone else's crimes

Liberals are such scumbags.
>>
>>79865724

It would help with future firearms. It would mitigate the random circulation of future weapons.

But as I said above, it probably wouldn't help just because people scratch the numbers off.

I guess the only real answer is to arm everyone.
>>
>>79865724
death by 1000 cuts.

your grandchildren won't have as many guns to deal with.

it's what happened to britain.

slam the hard legislation down in the 80s and by now the amount of guns legal or illegal is vastly reduced.

and then some chav shivs you with a spoon.

such is life in Britain.
>>
>>79860243
>>79860297

What a fucking cuck. Not reading his shit anymore.
>>
Gas. Kikes.
>>
>>79865952

If you give a weapon to someone without checking to see if they're mentally soumd then you're just as wreckless as Hillary.
>>
>>79865957

>future firearms

Who cares when there are already half a billion in circulation?

You are literally insane.
>>
>>79863071

I didn't really think so honestly after I read them both.

There's a clan where female warriors are equal to male ones and Kvothe(Protagonist) is trained by a female one, He has to duel a 13 y/o girl who beats him easily enough, but she trained from when she was a child and he knew very little about swordplay at that point

The protagonists love interest is a huge slut, in book 1 she is the towns bike, in book two she is multiple countries bike. He tried to play it off as if it was fine(sex postive) but 99% of people hate her though.

He then made Kvothe a manwhore basically for the last half of the second book in some idiotic attempt to somehow demean what his main live interest was doing
>>
>>79865698
>I guess most illegal firearms have scratched serial numbers.
You said it.

Registrations are almost entirely ineffective at preventing crime and they cost quite a bit of money to upkeep. Canada scrapped their long-gun registry because it was too expensive and didnt provide any benefits.

The slippery slope is no fallacy in this argument. Registration has no purpose but to lead to confiscation.
>>
>>79865253
>nothing wrong with registration
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/

Also that little thing about registration invariably being used to attempt some level of confiscation, AND registries were made illegal under the 1986 FOPA anyway.
>>
>>79865961

Yeah, it's not happening in America.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/New-York-SAFE-Act-gun-registration-numbers-are-6343080.php

>Since New York's SAFE Act gun control law went into effect in January 2013, a total of 23,847 people have applied to register their newly defined assault-style weapons with the State Police.

>Those individuals have registered a total of 44,485 weapons.
>>
>>79866146

>people are already have cancer
>why bother trying to cure it

I just look for options. I don't want people taking my weapons, but I don't want people handing their guns off to nutjobs for a quick buck either.
>>
>>79866072

Hillary agrees with your gun grabbing bullshit.

Sane people understand that it is impossible to prevent someone in the United States from acquiring a firearm.
>>
>>79866277
but that's exactly how it happens.

non compliance won't survive between multiple generations.
>>
>>79865208
And any lawyer worth half his salt would immediately shut down your argument by citing the defensive gun use estimates, which range from 55,000 (nearly four times the TOTAL murder count) to 4.7 MILLION per year.

Guns are doing more good than harm.
>>
>>79859421
Dc vs Heller

Caetano v Massachusetts

I have the right to own any bearable arms, inside and outside my house
>>
/lit/ here

pat is a small maymay on our board. lemme show you what a faggot he is. this is from his Goodreads profile, written by him:

>It all began when Pat Rothfuss was born to a marvelous set of parents. Throughout his formative years they encouraged him to do his best, gave him good advice, and were no doubt appropriately dismayed when he failed to live up to his full potential.

>In high-school Pat was something of a class clown. His hobbies included reading a novel or two a day and giving relationship advice to all of his female friends despite the fact that he had never so much as kissed a girl. He also role-played and wrote terrible stories about elves. He was pretty much a geek.

>For the next seven years Pat studied anthropology, philosophy, eastern religions, history, alchemy, parapsychology, literature, and writing. He studied six different martial arts, practiced improv comedy, learned how to pick locks, and became a skilled lover of women. He also began writing a satirical advice column which he continues to this day: The College Survivial Guide. Through all of this he continued to work on his novel.

>Now Pat teaches half-time at his old school as an assistant-sub-lecturer. He is underpaid but generally left alone to do as he sees fit with his classes. He is advisor for the college feminists, the fencing club, and, oddly enough, a sorority. He still roll-plays occasionally, but now he does it in an extremely sophisticated, debonair way.
>>
>>79861345
>>79862716

But it is the surrounding areas. There are gun shows everywhere nearby where you can get them cheap. Gangs are and always have been a huge problem here, and they want them bad enough to travel a couple hours and bring them back.

Chicago is a beautiful city. You just don't go further south than Chinatown. It's actually really fucking scary down there.
>>
>>79866515

Which is why I notion that the better alternative is to arm everyone.

But we would probably have to commit genocide on the mentally handicapped to prevent collateral damage.
>>
>>79865413
Private party transfers are specifically exempted from needing to go through an FFL and 4473, but have their own restrictions.

Cannot transfer across state lines, for one.
>>
>>79866446

Then find a way to deal with nut jobs without violating the rights of millions of people and passing ineffective bullshit laws.

You are literally advocating laws you know aren't going to work. Liberalism is a mental illness.
>>
>>79859421

this guy is a giant faggot. wtf are you doing posting his bullshit faggot tweets.

He wrote the most self-serving, Gary Stu tripe I have ever had the displeasure of reading in my life.

Every basic literary rule he broke just to be edgy or out of pure ignorance. His opinion has less value than Jose the Lawn Guy.
>>
>>79866714

This mentally ill people are doing all the shooting may may is stale as shit, btw.
>>
>>79860270

No, they were putting in a backdoor for Federal intervention in the case that a militia (group of people) turned into roaming bandits or started killing people.
>>
>>79866612
also in his 2nd book, The Wise Man's Fear, the main character, Kvothe, meets the nymph Felurian who he fucks for 70 pages (not joking). In this time they have sexposition and he gets a cool cloak. It has 0 other ramifications for the story whatsoever. Kvothe is a self-insert character for the author
>>
>>79859421
Really makes you "What did he mean by this?"
>>
>>79866537
Nigger, what?

>But the latest research on the prevalence of firearm use in self-defense finds that these incidents are much less common that many gun rights advocates believe. For every person who uses a gun in self-defense, the research finds, nearly six people use a gun to commit a crime.

>Those figures come from a Harvard University analysis of data from the federal National Crime Victimization Survey. David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, examined five years of data from the survey covering the period between 2007 and 2011, with responses from nearly 160,000 individuals.

http://www.daily-journal.com/news/nation/for-every-gun-used-in-self-defense-more-are-used/article_dc72e52b-2375-590c-94a1-5de47c19049b.html

That's not even counting accidents and suicides.
>>
>>79866814

I'm not even a liberal.

Niggers are terrible people beyond saving because their own culture keeps them in poverty, and zoos are a necessary construct to keep endangered species alive. Releasing them into the wild just means leaving them to die.

I'm just considering options. It doesn't matter what checks are in place when you can offer your buddy some extra cash to get you a weapon. It's good to look at the options and the possible outcomes. I've already changed my mind on registration because I had forgotten how easy serial numbers are to scratch off.

I would only be for removing firearms if there was a sureethod to remove every single one from the continent.
>>
>>79862185
>>79862185
>Le made up pseudo scientific setence analysis
>Le pure textualism
>Le ignoring that 2nd amendment never gave people an individual right until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did but rather protected the states from interference.
>Le ignoring that 2nd amendment never applied to the states until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did.
Fucking gun nuts.
>>
>>79867072

yes, Kvothe is the author, or rather the child like aspirations of a man-child,

the character can do everything, immediately better than anyone has ever done it. All in a smug, easy and cringe-thread-esque manner.

I've rarely come across true Gary Stu characters, but there is no mistaking what this power fantasy of ultimate projection is. A complete embarrassment.
>>
>>79859421
Meaning "well functioning" which was the common meaning for the phrase at the time. The founders would not write up a document explicitly highlighting the rights of the people only to slip in some government over sight on the 2nd of the top 10 things every free citizen should have. I am so sick of these faggots.
>>
>>79859421
((((Roth))))
>>
>>79867376
I'd carve your eyes and tongue out and hang you from a telephone pole so people realize that you will never be tolerated in white society from henceforce.
>>
>>79867208

Soundly contradicted by Obama's 2013 CDC study on gun violence. Strange that you gun grabbers like to ignore that one.
>>
File: 452561665.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
452561665.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>one of my favorite authors doesn't understand "well regulated" is old english for "well supplied"
>>
File: wat.jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
10 KB, 261x193
>>79867927

>favorite authors

s-s-surely you jest friend?
>>
>>79867376
>>Le ignoring that 2nd amendment never gave people an individual right until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did but rather protected the states from interference.

"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments but where, I trust in God, it will always remain, in the hands of the people."

"the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."

"Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans."

- Tench Coxe, 1788
>>
File: ZzjgSF.jpg (18 KB, 219x226) Image search: [Google]
ZzjgSF.jpg
18 KB, 219x226
>>79867568
jesus i almost forgot

patrick rothfuss' main character is a cuck. he pedestalizes the prostitute main love interest and imagines they have some sort of "connection" while other guys are putting it in and he isn't. classic beta orbiter.

>None were good enough for her, so I held them in contempt and hated them. They in turn hated and feared me.

>But we were pleasant to each other. Always pleasant. It was a game of sorts. He would invite me to sit, and I would buy him a drink. The three of us would talk, and his eyes would slowly grow dark as he watched her smile toward me. His mouth would narrow as he listened to the laughter that leapt from her as I joked, spun stories, sang. . . .

>They would always react the same way, trying to prove ownership of her in small ways. Holding her hand, a kiss, a too-casual touch along her shoulder.

>They clung to her with desperate determination. Some of them merely resented my presence, saw me as a rival. But others had a frightened knowledge buried deep behind their eyes from the beginning. They knew she was leaving, and they didn't know why. So they clutched at her like shipwrecked sailors, clinging to the rocks despite the fact that they are being battered to death against them. I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.
So they hated me, and it shone in their eyes when Denna wasn't looking. I would offer to buy another round of drinks, but he would insist, and I would graciously accept, and thank him, and smile.

>I have known her longer, my smile said. True, you have been inside the circle of her arms, tasted her mouth, felt the warmth of her, and that is something I have never had. But there is a part of her that is only for me. You cannot touch it, no matter how hard you might try. And after she has left you I will still be here, making her laugh. My light shining in her. I will still be here long after she has forgotten your name.
>>
File: 486165506465.jpg (16 KB, 236x293) Image search: [Google]
486165506465.jpg
16 KB, 236x293
>>79868102
Kingkiller is the fucking bomb, don't judge me.
>>
>>79859421
I well regulate when I aim with 2 hands.
>>
>>79867376
>until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did

That's literally the Supreme Court's intended purpose you dumb cunt. Their job is to interpret the laws of the land
>>
>>79859421
>everything I hate is hate and should be banned
>>
>>79868253
>patrick rothfuss' main character is a cuck. he pedestalizes the prostitute main love interest and imagines they have some sort of "connection" while other guys are putting it in and he isn't. classic beta orbiter.

So basically, he ripped off Taxi Driver?
>>
>>79868253
>>79868285
judged
>>
>>79868102
He is shit person, and even though his books are flawed and about overpowered frendzoned cucked asspergers beta male, world he created there is very fucking good, and language is all right.
>>
File: 1464539073940.jpg (39 KB, 597x441) Image search: [Google]
1464539073940.jpg
39 KB, 597x441
>>79865208
>then you now see a American people who are NOT well regulated at this time, they are going around shooting each other and causing mass havoc.

Looks to me like we need nigger control, not gun control
>>
>>79868565
Taxi driver is not cuck, he is not even beta, he is just antisocial.
>>
Shall. Not.
>>
>>79867208
Straight from Wikipedia, nigger. Check the sources there, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

And for the murder numbers...straight from the FBI themselves. I know homicides are a little limited in scope to focus on, but the gun grabbers sure enjoy using them.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-15
Even in robberies, there is close to parity on the low end of DGUs for firearms involved in robberies.

By the way, did you know the crime rate, the overall violent crime rate, has been steadily dropping for 20 years, is half of what it was in the early '90s, and is the lowest it's been in the past 40 or so years?
>>
>>79863248

>lets conveniently leave out the era of human history where having arms literally worked routinely like that

2 days ago a man in my town fought off an armed robber with a gun, by this logic we should forcibly arm every citizen. its worked 100% of the time i mean cmon its 2016
>>
>>79868565
except taxi driver is written well and is fairly anti-cuck. betsy is interested in travis while he's manly and mysterious, but loses interest when he does something sleazy then loses frame and stalks her.

assuming the ending is real, betsy likes him again when he gains fame. bitches & hoes.

assuming the ending is a dream and travis bleeds out, then he was just delusional. it's not put forth as the shining example of intelligence to get yourself killed defending a young prostitute from her pimp, and everything showed the futility of it. in this case it gets him killed.
>>
File: Scarlett_Unpleased.jpg (37 KB, 586x683) Image search: [Google]
Scarlett_Unpleased.jpg
37 KB, 586x683
>>79868603
>>79868253
He was only a beta orbiter in the first book though. The second one he fucked a sex goddess for a year and then fucked almost every girl he came by after that. He still wants to be with Denna but he doesn't let it hold him back anymore.
>>
>>79869136
>get yourself killed defending a young prostitute from her pimp
FIrst, girl was a child. And she tried to run away from pimp.
And he started killing not because of girl. Girl was the reason of choosing target.
>>
>>79859421
Makes me think you're a moron, yeah.
>>
>>79867376
Most Amendments have had incorporation cases, the 2nd is just one of the last ones
>>
>>79869338
>Felurian is that staple of fantasy novels, the deadly naked sex monster. She's the most beautiful, most alluring, most sexually attractive woman you'll ever see, and she will totally kill you with sex.

>Kvothe catches her, bones her, breaks free of her sex-death-nudity mind control, completely whips her ass in a straight fight, then bones her again, then plays music that makes her think he's awesome, then writes half a song about her that is so awesome that she agrees to let him go so that he can finish it, then disses her sexual prowess, which prompts her to get really insecure and tell him what an amazing lover he is, then they have sex some more, then she sews him a magic cloak, while he goes away and talks to a prophetic tree which turns out to be evil.

>Then they have sex some more, then he comes back to the real world and is all “bros, I totally did it with Felurian” and everybody is all like “no way, you'd be mad or dead” and he's like “no I totally did it with Felurian” and then the hot barmaid from earlier is all like “no he's definitely telling the truth because I am a woman and I can see that he has got totally sexed up since we last met, because I tried to sex him and it freaked him out, but now it looks like he wouldn't be freaked out and also he would be totally awesome at sexing.” Then Kvothe does sex with the hot barmaid and he is totally awesome at it, and he explains how doing sex with the hot barmaid is totally as good as doing sex with Felurian, because women are like music and sometimes you want to listen to a beautiful symphony and sometimes you just want a nice simple jig, and if you think it is then you know nothing about music or love or him. That last line, apart from being switched from the first to the third person, is a direct quote from the book.
>>
>>79869695
>Kvothe was so amazing at doing sex that the ancient sex goddess of sex and death was actually unable to believe that he was a virgin because he was so amazing at doing sex.

>Once again, I say this. The next time you hear anybody complain about the fact that – in certain popular novels targeted at young women – hundred year old vampires fall for sixteen year old schoolgirls, point out to them that in one of the most critically acclaimed fantasy novels of the twenty-first century a faery creature of unbridled sexual potency, as ancient as time itself, who lures men to their deaths with her irresistible beauty and insatiable lovemaking has her mind blown by the sexual prowess of a sixteen year old virgin.

>There is a part of me, a tiny part, which respects the sheer brass bollocks of this. Not only does Kvothe get to live out the adolescent fantasy of being taught how to be amazing at sex by a fantastically hot older woman (and I understand and appreciate this fantasy, and don't think there's anything wrong with it – adolescent fantasies are important, even for grownups, hell that's why I play RPGs and read genre fiction) but said hot older woman takes the time out at the start of the whole sequence to make it very clear both to him and to the reader that he was already amazing at sex and that all her tuition will be doing is making him even more amazing at sex.
>>
>>79869491
from what i remember she was extremely conflicted and wishy-washy about wanting to leave, and travis was portrayed as an idealist who wouldn't likely create any real change... up until the ending where he actually did, depending on how the viewer sees the ending.
>>
File: 1243455.jpg (201 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1243455.jpg
201 KB, 600x600
>>79869732
>>79869695
If it's any consolation, I was a bit younger when I read it.
>>
>>79870028
it's a consolation anon

well the worst part is that it's 70 pages of that and has 0 plot ramifications. of course it could be all that and be okay if it was critical to the plot, but as-is it's just another self-insert fantasy of the author imo.
>>
>>79867376
>the right of the people
How is this not an individual right? If anything, it's shameful it took so long to be interpreted that way after 1939 when it was suddenly implied that only "weapons used in a militia" were protected.

Same thing with the 2A applying to the states. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and only what it does not have written on it is for the states to deal with.
>>
>>79867376
>ignoring that 2nd amendment never gave people an individual right until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did but rather protected the states from interference

Even the Miller case held an individual right to own firearms, it merely allowed the government to tax firearms that aren't military equipment:

>In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a ‘shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length’ at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument.
>Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense
>A short-barreled shotgun is a weapon, but it is not a militia weapon, and the Second Amendment only protects militia weapons
>>
>anyone can make a well organized militia!

>please send snacks and energy drinks
>>
>>79870581
>Even the Miller case held an individual right to own firearms, it merely allowed the government to tax firearms that aren't military equipment:

It would have been beautiful if Miller wasn't a complete nigger, because that case could have blown the NFA the fuck out.

A complete fucking waste.
>>
>>79865547
The second ammendment simply states that a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state, and that the publics right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say "therefore". Anywhere. The right to keep and bear arms is not dependent on but in addition to the necessity of a well regulated militia
>>
>>79868253
the worst part of his writing is the incessant need to fawn over trivial detail at the expense of setting. There's almost zero context for any of his scenes, yet in a split second moment he elucidates the smallest of details even though you have no idea where you are relative to anything else.

and its first person. its like every argument for not using first person actually unfolds in the first 3 chapters of his first book.
>>
File: #AboveTheLaw.jpg (47 KB, 634x348) Image search: [Google]
#AboveTheLaw.jpg
47 KB, 634x348
"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now." - James B. Comey, FBI Director

This is criminal. He is saying that there is not equal treatment in this case.

<
>>
>>79872536
damn, that's exactly my problem with it, but moreso the fawning of the prose than as regards to the worldbuilding. it's coddling. "look at great an author i am! woah look at this descriptive flourish, aren't i clever!"

everything he writes is purple prose.

to your point, yeah, he isn't a great worldbuilder. he's in with the "make it up as i go along" bunch.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.