[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living on a container ship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 56
File: cma-cgm-container-ship.jpg (157 KB, 1600x1033) Image search: [Google]
cma-cgm-container-ship.jpg
157 KB, 1600x1033
Is this the most red pilled life imaginable?
>>
Ching chongu
Moe rori desu
Konbawa itadakimasu!
>>
>>79811318

People live on them? Really?
>>
>>79811399

I don't know if your comment is out of jest or being ill informed:

It takes weeks for a container ship to finish its tour. They are usually crewed by around 20 people.
>>
File: Picture_090.jpg (909 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Picture_090.jpg
909 KB, 1600x1200
>>79811318
>wanting to live with rats on a container ship

The most redpilled life is living in the wilderness and hunting for your food.
Pic related.
>>
>>79811318
sign me up F A M 100100100
>>
>>79811318
no i'd be paranoid that one might tip over and fall on me
>>
>>79811318
I could do it if I had some friends with me

Imagine founding the first naval nation, surely posible today

However

I have no friends or money to buy the ship :(
>>
>>79811318
No, it's total fucking shit.

I fucking hate this job, if it weren't for being paid pretty good I'd kill myself.
>>
>>79811318

I don't think you can really 'live' on them - no water, extremely high temperatures, only food would be the hard tack you bring, you be shifting where you live .... Hundreds of Chinese die trying to survive in them the few weeks it takes to make it from China to LA, so I don't think you could really "live" on one. I believe that they lock the containers before they leave the port and they can't be unlocked until they're done by the dockworkers on the other side as well so there's no way to 'abort mission' as well
>>
>>79811318
I used to play with a guy on world of warcraft that lived on one, he did nothing but play until his ship got to each port.
>>
File: Japs Keep Moving.jpg (104 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Japs Keep Moving.jpg
104 KB, 720x576
>>79811318
I'd rather live here, little yellow man.
>>
>>79811764
You could easily be lying, but if you are telling the truth, describe it please. What are your responsibilities? How did you get hired?
>>
OP makes fun of you NEETs for posting this kind of thread.

You really wanna know what's red pilled? Marry a woman and impregnate her instead of watching anime.

Obama is red-pilled than you NEET faggots. At least he has a life, a wife and kids and not a fan of degenerate stuff like anime
>>
>Hundreds of Chinese die trying to survive in them the few weeks it takes to make it from China to LA

is.. this real?
that would explain why you also complain about chinese illegal inmigrants

however I thought this was movie-tier
and that they were just overstaying their visas
>>
>>79811863
>Marry a woman and impregnate her
And then get cucked out of all your money, your kids and your house?
>>
>>79811698
It's literally not possible to form a nation on a floating platform, or man made land mass.
Thanks UN.
>>
>>79811768

He's talking about being part of the crew.

Not living in the container.
>>
>>79811841
>What are your responsibilities?
Maintaining the engines and mechanical parts.

>How did you get hired?
A job application.
>>
>>79811390
>>79811822
Uprated.

>>79811764
There are some interesting youtube videos of people traveling on them, but they seem like solitary passengers and not actual ship workers. I assume ship workers find them annoying somehow.
>>
>>79811768
I think you've totally got the wrong idea about OP's question.

Container ships have crew quarters with water, electricity, heating, ac, galley facilities, bunks, tvs, radios, even wifi on some ships.

You would not be able to live in the containers. That's just stupid.
>>
My dream job.

Except whenever I see crews from these ships they're all Cambodians and Filipino. Must all be on $3 a day?
>>
>>79811961

You seriously think all bitches want to do that?

This is why white people (or at least whites on 4chan) won't succeed in life.

>Talks about white genocide
>Watches hentai
>Sleep
>Repeat
>>
File: image.png (8 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 640x432
>>79811967
Lies! Germany de-facto recognizes Sealand since they had to send over negotiators!
>>
>>79812024
>passengers and not actual ship workers

Yes, sometimes people do travel on them but not often, usually they are confined to the mess, the bunk and back end of the oggy where they can't fuck anything up.
>>
>>79811565
>not being the 21st "crew member" hunting for rats and sweet kicks

What if you just straight up stowed away on a cargo ship and just fucking Sam Fisher'd the whole crew so you could steal cool shit from the cargo

I would try and steer the ship some where cool then rig the oil and gas to catch fire and then swim to the shore with a bag full of expensive woman's shoes
>>
>>79811318

If I could figure out a way to do that ... meaning, I'd want a number of little luxuries in life to keep it all pleasant ...

Fuck. Yeah.

You can set up greenhouses on that, raise rabbits & chickens & horses & cows. Etc. An entire ecosystem designed to support you. For me, since I love tinkering & gardening and general isolation ... a magnificent solution.

If I had, you know, a $10 or $100 million dollar bill or whatever it would cost to buy one of those and renovate it properly.

I'm more concerned about the crew I'd have to live with, and you would have to be your own security force against piracy. Plus fuel and maintenance & various port fees. Keep in mind, a _LOT_ of ports around the world will not allow ships to come in that are carrying any armaments .. so you'd have to hide those perfectly, or (better) have a smaller boat that you could lower into the water and park the big ship in international water while you visit ports in the small one.

And then back to security arrangements so it's still there when you return.

In the big picture, it's a great solution for some people, and I'm one of them. I've often played with the idea of floating habitation in the open sea, especially in the vicinity of New Zealand and northward toward the equator. Just move back & forth with the seasons a bit to keep optimally warm.

I've already got over 45 terabytes of music in FLAC. Give me a large library of books (electronic or physical) and 100 terabytes of anime and I can't think of much else I'd want. Definitely an Internet connection and a freshwater pool.
>>
>>79811985
What jobs are there on-board other than those?
>>
>>79811698
I would totally larps as a pirate with you anon.

Can I be Bosun? I want to dish out punishment and oversee duels between deck hands.
>>
>>79811318
How?
Any points i could imagine also fit a sailboat.
>>
>>79811967
>honestly giving a single shit about the UN or what it thinks is moral.

May as well ask the internet.
>>
>>79812103
yet it happens well over 50% of the male population.
>>
>>79812455
Most of them are mechanical because big ships need constant maintenance, but there's a manifesting agent who checks all that all the seals are intact along the route, two security, navigation, a couple of sanitation workers and about 10 general labor hands that do whatever the captain wants done, usually it's related to moving things with forklifts or painting, cleaning and general upkeep.
>>
>>79811451
I think he meant people other than the crew of the ship. Like you just live on the ship.
>>
>>79812390
>Floating nation on a giant container ship

Sounds cozy. Get a few together and anchor somewhere and you basically have a mobile Mother Base.
>>
>>79812103
Of course not all bitches want or will do that. But it's like playing Russian roulette. Boom, at any time it can happen. It's really more like handing her your balls for safe keeping in her handbag to crush and mangle, consequence free, if she ever may want to do so. It's not even consequence free though, she even gets rewarded for fucking you over and destroying her life.

Marriage laws are just the ultimate power dynamic switch, whether either of you realizes or acts upon it is irrelevant. Your wife owns your ass, you are now her bitch who has to pay one way or the other. The fact is that the possibility is there. For the rest of your life that Damocles sword is dangling above your head, just waiting to come crashing down.

She can just take half of everything you ever worked for in your life or more, all your kids if you have any and get monthly payments from you. Better hope you keep that woman happy or you are royally fucked. It's probably the shittiest deal you can sign up for. It's no wonder mudslimes want to set up Sharia courts.
>>
>>79812679
Living situation? What do you guys eat? Also how many hours per day are people on-duty?
>>
>>79812679
Anyone in a medical role?

I'm a RN and have looked into gigs on oil rigs, etc

i need to get away from the daily grind
>>
>>79812679

Can you give a rough idea of expected pay? Let's just say I'm a college-educated guy, STEM, very good with my hands, have made a living doing industrial construction. No mad skills, but not retarded & most of the basics, can learn anything.

Big issue for me is a mildly debilitating injury to one knee and one shoulder ... so I can do some physical work, but no gorilla/grunt work like I used to. Got a very functioning brain and highly computer literate.

U.S. citizen, perfectly clean record, valid passport, only speak English but have some exposure to several languages and small vocabulary without proper grammar ... more than willing to to spend shiptime learning basics in several.
>>
>>79812390
>I've already got over 45 terabytes of music in FLAC
sounds like you're well on your way to your dreams
>>
My dad always wanted to have a bit of land in the bush so he could bury shipping containers into the ground to live in. Seems kinda claustrophobic but you could probably kit them out with some good shit.
>>
>>79812979
are you good with puppets?
>>
>>79812467
Boatswain you illiterate pleb.
>>
>>79812979
>valid passport
is this some type of achievement for third worlders?
>>
>>79812742

Totally plausible.

You could probably manage a square kilometer of greenhouse space on a big container ship.
>>
GET ON BRIDGE TO BRIDGE ALREADY

THIS 500 YARD CPA IS N O T ACCEPTABLE

REQUEST YOU ALTER COURSE TO STARBOARD

Seriously though the dumbest thing we did on deployment was try to conduct flight ops in the middle of shipping traffic lanes.

Pretend I posted a picture of a US Navy conning officer, fuck this public wifi connection.
>>
>>79812917
Small cabins, some have double bunks but people who stay for more than two years or work harder tend to get spare cabins to themselves, rookies get stuck together unless they don't like each other.

Typical food, there's a few industrial refrigerators on board so we get fresh meats and stuff. There's a lot of potatoes, rice and beans, simple meals meant for about 30 people and you eat about twice a day, breakfast and dinner. If you miss one that's too bad, you're not getting anything else unless you make pals with the cook.

You're on duty 24/7, usually unless something needs doing you're not doing anything until paged for.

>>79812979
About 35k-70k, I've been there for seven years and I make 57k, they're paying a lot less these days because all they need to do is hire a few Asians who work for peanuts, so your degree doesn't mean much to them.

>>79812964
There's a doctor on board who is also a dual-role dentist, I don't know how other ships are.
>>
>>79813370
Do you have leisure time/downtime?
>>
>>79813220
americans usually don't have passports. I don't really blame them, their country is huge and awesome.
>>
>>79812893
The only divorce that happened among the dozen of married couples in my acquaintance's circle, it was the man that screwed the woman over...Just shut the fuck up, you're just making up excuses for yourself
>>
>>79813370
are there hookers or are you guys sucking each other off 24/7?
>>
>>79813017
>bury
>shipping containers

They don't work like that, friend.
>>
>>79812679
How do you deal with pirates?
>>
>>79812979
You'll need to get a TWIC Card and Merchant Mariner Credential before you apply for any maritime jobs. I work on tugboats and launchboats. It's a good life. I don't have a college degree and I earn a decent living. After about 10 days on a tugboat I'm ready to get to shore though. If your crew is shit you'll have a tough time.
>>
>>79812390
>>79812792

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can't be your own nation due to UN rules & laws.

However, everybody maintains their citizenship and passport, once you're in international waters, then you can run the entire operation under Maritime Law ... meaning obey international laws & regulations and you set your own Ship Rules that everybody sings a contract to obey ... a Constitution if you will.

Effectively it is a floating "nation," just not sovereign unto itself. Which is more a distinction in splitting hairs in pragmatic terms.

Did a quick google, and used container ships sell between $1.5 million and $15 million USD depending on size & condition on the low end.

About $7 - $12 million looks like it'll buy something in the size range of OP's pic related.

Then you'd need money for renovation, maintenance, operation, fuel and various licensing fees to make port internationally.

You can flag the ship with nearly any nation imaginable, and that takes some shopping to get the right price vs. benefits of the flag. But, for example, you can get a Panama flag and get more or less First World status.

Then you consider limiting where you operate & park the beast. Like, keep it in the Pacific and just time it to keep ahead of the worst of the seasonal storms in one big circle from Chile to the U.S. and over to Japan then down to Australia, New Zealand and across to Chile again.

Maybe hit Hawaii and such for distraction, or even jump through the Panama Canal into the Caribbean & Atlantic if there's a good reason.

Invest heavily in solar & wind power, good tech for navigation and entertainment (and security), set aside deck space for greenhouses & agriculture ... leave enough space and you can make some modest income carrying cargo on the circuit, maybe even keep most of the expenses paid & self-sustaining.
>>
>>79813475
Sometimes we get to stay for repairs in foreign countries or park in small non-busy dockyards for a while and go ashore.

Other than that there's satellite internet so you can play games, watch TV and shit.

>>79813560
There's no hookers on board but there's loads in South America, we go there pretty often.

>>79813600
There are two armed security workers.
>>
>>79813523
>my anecdotal evidence trumps your facts

Okay then.
>>
>>79813370
What's the deal with getting your nut?
Do you just use the rookies as fucbois to suck you off?
>>
>>79813220

We don't need a passport to travel further than an hour drive because our country isn't the size of a postage stamp. You can literally drive for several days nonstop and still be in America. Generally, Americans only bother getting them if they are planning a trip overseas or live close enough to either Canada or Mexico that they will visit frequently.
>>
>>79813701
You didn't listed any facts.

Btw I know divorce rates are very high, but that's mostly among plebs who will put a ring on shitty girls they picked up at parties, and they often are shitty husband themselves
>>
>>79813660
What do you not like about your job? is it because of your type of job or because of working on a ship in general is not something you like?
>>
>>79813660
do rats gnaw on the occasional crewmember? like at night
>>
>>79813940
It is not a fact that a woman can absolutely rape you in divorce? I don't know what the laws are in Belgium but in most of the Western world they are absolutely brutal and ridiculously biased towards the woman.

Again, the point is not to say that they all will but that they can and that you have to hand them that power to destroy you if you want a family and kids. The system is broken and has to be changed.
>>
>>79812362

you'd get caught, become the cabin boy for the remainder, get kicked out in mogadishu with a blown out asshole and STDs unknown to western science
>>
>>79813660
>satellite internet
>play games

Da fuq man whats your ping like 400 ms? How u goona get gud with ping like that?
>>
>>79813632
>TWIC Card and Merchant Mariner Credential

Thanks. that's the useful info I can start looking with.

>>79813220

As the Canada bro mentioned.

Also, my U.S. passport is one of the new, hot -tech ones that tracks your bowel movements in real time, to within 2 cm. My security cred and background check are immaculate. You don't get a U.S. passport these days unless you're more vetted out than about 95% of the rest of the world ... it's more of a security and crime check credential.

Sure, some people try and can get away with a forged U.S. passport, or try to fly past government security checks ... but I haven't. So it's not an "achievement" so much as one of the gold standard documents a person can have for world travel.

Also gets me into U.S. embassies at need. that has been very useful in the past. Nothing so sweet as talking directly to your Ambassador in under 30 minutes by just walking up to the front door and saying "I could use some advice." Of course you don't get that every time if luck is against you, but if you're in a tight spot and you request help, you get it.

Feels Good.
>>
>>79814000
It's boring and I want to find a girl/start a family but can't really do that when I'm gone for weeks.

>>79814071
Any rats, rodents or pests are hunted with pellet guns, if you kill one you usually get some kind of candy bar from the captain.
>>
I don't know about containers but there are plenty of people who live on a boat.
>>
>>79814311
How's the night time sky
>>
>>79814311
>get some kind of candy bar from the captain.

High school, the boaticle.

What's it take to become the captain, I want to be the one making crew members dance about to please me for trinkets such as candy bars.
>>
>>79814493
holy shit good question, must be awesome in the middle of the ocean
>>
i don't interact with any other people anyway or ever leave my place, i don't think spending all of my time on a container ship as opposed to a small apartment would be much of a difference. i'd totally do it if i got paid.
>>
are there any ghosts or any spooky happenings on these boats?
>>
>>79814165
Yes she can destroy you with the jewdicial system, but give her slight hints that if she ever try to screw you over, you can still destroy her with your bare hands
>>
>>79814311
If someone from less relevant country wanted to get a deckboy job, do they at most need valid passport and STCW?
>>
File: 1467530638872.png (565 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1467530638872.png
565 KB, 600x398
>>79811565
this
>>
>>79814633
That's one way of course but it shouldn't have to be like that.
>>
>>79811318
It sounds pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>79814493
Really nice, it's neat to sit out in a chair sometimes.

>>79814605
About three years ago I saw an older steam type ship in the distance, I turned for about five seconds to give my friend a lighter and when I looked back it was gone.

Wasn't far enough to sink over the horizon, and no way it could have moved that far in five seconds.

Another time I saw a huge black mass go under the ship, it was fucking spooky.

>>79814812
Yeah, pretty much, if you're going to work on a US ship you need your STCW, I don't know about other countries.

It's stupid easy to get these jobs, if you can speak multiple languages that's even better.
>>
>>79814165
so how does one have a family and kids without the potential for getting fucked over?
>>
>>79814981
ok those are pretty creepy stories, what was the black mass inb4 huge black cock
>>
>>79814288
>you need a squeaky clean record to get a US passport
is this true?
I would have thought just having a birth cert was enough
>>
>>79815110
i think it is
>>
>>79815108
I don't know, but it was pretty fucking huge.
>>
>>79814981
Whats the pay like for a deckboy? I was just reading online and heard 100$ a month for none U.S. ships.
>>
>>79814998
The laws have to be changed or you have to move to some stoneage shithole. That's one reason why birthrates are so low. It's a huge risk for a man to start a family. There's almost no escaping this, that's why it is so perverse and destructive. It has subverted the whole power dynamic between a man and a woman, which makes it even worse because a week man is unattractive to most females. So by marrying her, you drastically decrease your attractiveness to her because it's an act of submission, given the current legal situation.
>>
>>79814981
Yeah, they are doing STCWs in our major port city, I think i will sing up for it at some point later.
Also, what other languages other than english are considered very valuable on freighter? I was considering learning another one for some time.
>>
>>79814227
nice proxxy fag
>>
>>79813904
Do you get the feelibg of being in overseas inside when you travel far from home? Because america is big
>>
>>79815307
not him but probably Spanish, ching chong or thai so you know what the crew are saying about you
>>
>>79811318
Look into Seasteading.org

It is a real organisation. We are realists.
>>
>>79815396
if you go to far maneating bears will rip you up and eat you
>>
>>79815208
Maybe in Asia, it's alot more in most western/Euro countries.

>>79815307
Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Arabic. Practically any Asian or wide spoken languages.

If you do speak a second or third language just make sure it's one that you wont mind going to places they do speak it, because you'll probably be assigned to a ship that goes there.

Like if you speak Spanish you'll probably go to Mexico or Peru, if you speak Mandarin China etc.
>>
>>79811863
>yes goi make more slaves
>>
>>79812979
What kind of puppet skills do you have?
>>
>>79815503
Can get my hands on JLPT5 pretty easily and basic spanish, from experience, are there any no goes or things like that? Might as well ask
>>
>>79811565
Fuck I would if I could. What's a nice place in America for a hut?
>>
>>79815767
>>79813086
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>79815796
any place i suppose so long as it's not in area with natural disasters such as tornadoes and hurricanes
>>
>>79815791
No goes? I'd stay out of Arabia and North Africa, that's about it, watch yourself in South America but it isn't so dangerous now, you might get mobbed by hookers though.

You could get into the job and start learning a new language with your free time, that's what I did, I used pimsleur though.
>>
File: puppet.jpg (56 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
puppet.jpg
56 KB, 666x1000
>>79815814
Do you not understand English??
>>
>>79811565
Vegans don't even need to hunt.
>>
>>79815167
Prolly a whale or a hole
>>
>>79815911
Where would be a good place to start applying for a job as a deckboy I live near LA and I would think San Pedro or San Francisco. Also, do you need to personally meet with a ships captain and ask if they're hiring or are the jobs advertised somewhere?
>>
File: 1467219149031.jpg (216 KB, 827x551) Image search: [Google]
1467219149031.jpg
216 KB, 827x551
>>79811565
dream home
>>
File: comfyplace.jpg (59 KB, 1280x824) Image search: [Google]
comfyplace.jpg
59 KB, 1280x824
>>79811565
>>79816282
Post more comfy places.
>>
>>79816066
Yeah, they hunt for bbc
>>
>>79815911
Fair enough, yeah, learning languages is great, hence appeal of work like this is great, also still pays more than jobs in poland.
>>
>>79811698
>rum, sodomy, and the lash.

mite b kewl.

>>79811863
You're as big a pervert as any I have seen anywhere on the internet.

>>79812197
shit is expensive too. they want as much as a decent hotel a night to travel on container ships.

http://www.transitionsabroad.com/listings/travel/articles/travel-by-cargo-ship-around-the-world.shtml

http://www.gonomad.com/1560-freighter-travel-faqs
>>
File: medugorje kravica.jpg (849 KB, 1844x1008) Image search: [Google]
medugorje kravica.jpg
849 KB, 1844x1008
>>
File: 1445455545270.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445455545270.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>79816340
Okay Ausbro
>>
File: 1433615343323.jpg (941 KB, 2635x1750) Image search: [Google]
1433615343323.jpg
941 KB, 2635x1750
>>79816604
>>
File: 1418183009643.jpg (111 KB, 900x603) Image search: [Google]
1418183009643.jpg
111 KB, 900x603
>>79816661
this one is my Arcadia
>>
File: 1431442197937.jpg (39 KB, 468x274) Image search: [Google]
1431442197937.jpg
39 KB, 468x274
>>79816706
>>
File: 1433617843942.jpg (248 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433617843942.jpg
248 KB, 682x1024
>>79816721
>>
File: Osama_bin_Comfy.png (2 MB, 750x1136) Image search: [Google]
Osama_bin_Comfy.png
2 MB, 750x1136
>>79816735
I'm out of comfy homesteads, but bin Laden looks pretty comfy in his cave.
>>
>life
>red pilled

We live in a cold, godless universe. Life is nothing but suffering. Take the cyanide pill.
>>
File: 1437047295680.jpg (89 KB, 720x513) Image search: [Google]
1437047295680.jpg
89 KB, 720x513
>>79816778
>>
>>79816721
Looks like my dacha.
>>
File: primitive.webm (3 MB, 456x258) Image search: [Google]
primitive.webm
3 MB, 456x258
>>79816604
>>79816661
>>79816706
>>79816721
>>79816735
>>79816778
Nice, time to start a comfy collection.
>>
>>79816929
Lucky man.

>>79816948
Any time, Ausbro.
>>
>>79816778
>bin laden, obama and I all wore the same watch
>>
>>79816340
holy SHIT this is comfy
>>
File: lookatme.jpg (18 KB, 360x320) Image search: [Google]
lookatme.jpg
18 KB, 360x320
>>79811318
Loot at me!
This is my red pill now!
>>
File: inaccessible island.jpg (1 MB, 3946x945) Image search: [Google]
inaccessible island.jpg
1 MB, 3946x945
>Not wanting to live on some tiny as fuck island in the absolute middle of nowhere, thousands of miles from the nearest continent

Picture related. This island is so far out of the way and so hard to even get onto they literally named it "inaccessible island". Once I get the money I'm totally buying this island.
>>
>>79816948
primitive cuckshed??
>>
File: engines titanic.jpg (473 KB, 2400x1692) Image search: [Google]
engines titanic.jpg
473 KB, 2400x1692
lets talk comfy.
i think we can all agree on that a really COMFY situation consists of TWO crucial things:

>you are surrounded by something that is NOT comfy at all
>you dont care because youre in some sort of construction that is comfy itself on the inside.

so, whats the most comfy shit? something thats really COMFY but surrounded by something thats ABSOLUTELY NOT COMFY.

so i personally would consider a transatlantic liner in the middle of the oceans as extremely comfy, same with any sort of warm cabin in a cold and rough environment. imo even a space station can be very comfy.

pic sort of related, when comfy goes wrong
>>
>>79817242
>inb4 denbts
>>
File: savage islands.jpg (453 KB, 1660x1457) Image search: [Google]
savage islands.jpg
453 KB, 1660x1457
>>79817133

Here is another currently owned by Portugal. I bet you could buy it off them for pennies.

The island (Savage Islands) is so fucking forgotten and out of the way, you can't even find pictures of it close up on Google (and google maps doesn't even have a name for it).
>>
>>79814981
my dad and I knew a guy in Florida that was a clone of the Skipper from Gilligan's Island, that had a charter fishing company, and would tell us stories about stuff like that when we would go marlin fishing. he said when he was in the Navy in the late 60's while on a tour of the Mediterranean the whole bridge saw a Tireme, that just went away. this was off the coast of Italy around 1968. they were told by naval intelligence to shut the fuck up about it, and had to sign a paper that they didnt see nuffin. I asked why did he break the ND paper, he said "fuck NI, I'm 75 years old, they couldnt care less if i told the world john kennedy was alive and a gay hooker in witchita kansas.".

he has all kinds of crazy spooky as fuck stories.

>>79815396
I've had that feeling,. its pretty pronounced if you go from one side to the other. or from new england to the south, or to the upper Midwest, or to southern Florida in the sticks. Texas is it's own country, its literally completely different enviroments from east Texas to west Texas, and north and south..
>>
File: nopes.webm (3 MB, 634x342) Image search: [Google]
nopes.webm
3 MB, 634x342
>>79817242
Someone that didn't pay denbts.

>>79817335
Fuck.
>>
File: 1462037227324.jpg (89 KB, 680x454) Image search: [Google]
1462037227324.jpg
89 KB, 680x454
>>79817098
Immerse Yourself In Muslim cock
>>
File: 20150828_143851.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20150828_143851.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Here's a comfy industrial neighborhood(raion)
>>
File: 1451450967893.jpg (228 KB, 1200x839) Image search: [Google]
1451450967893.jpg
228 KB, 1200x839
Gonna post a few comfy interiors.
>>
>>79817133
it is not named inaccessible island because of its location. it is so named because HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET UP THRE? It is a cliff on all sides, thus inaccessible.
>>
File: 1451345150267.jpg (55 KB, 489x470) Image search: [Google]
1451345150267.jpg
55 KB, 489x470
>>79817677
>>
>>79811318
Fuck no, especially not on a CMA CGM ship. Theyr disgusting the crew doesnt clean the bays.

t. Harbour worker
>>
File: 1434989907237.jpg (122 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
1434989907237.jpg
122 KB, 600x603
>>79817701
>>
>>79817679

It's called inaccessible island because...

It's thousands of miles from anywhere
It's surrounded by dangerous waters
It's a 400 meter high cliff on all sides

More people have been on the moon than have been on this island.
>>
>>79817133
it even has a Waterfall.
>>
File: American-samoa.jpg (191 KB, 1229x757) Image search: [Google]
American-samoa.jpg
191 KB, 1229x757
American Samoa a comfy. COMFY
>>
I'm in the merchant navy and it fucking sucks, crew is rarely all the same nationality there is no internet and also fuck all to do except read, watch movies etc
>>
File: 1434509580417.gif (2 MB, 1000x512) Image search: [Google]
1434509580417.gif
2 MB, 1000x512
>>79817748
>>
>>79817735
>TuTRMP66 closest ID to Trump on pol so far?
>>
>>79817735
Explain?
>>
File: shippacific.jpg (954 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
shippacific.jpg
954 KB, 2000x1125
FUCK no

t. Former Deck Officer
>>
File: 20791r.jpg (119 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
20791r.jpg
119 KB, 640x632
1880s Russian peasants had comfy down to an art.
>>
>>79817846
They barely clean the decks and just leave shit laying around. Just walking there makes you dirty.
>>
File: 20725r.jpg (124 KB, 640x631) Image search: [Google]
20725r.jpg
124 KB, 640x631
>>79817915
>>
>>79817858

did you ever have to deal with brown people stowing away to try and sneak into white people countries?
>>
File: 20747r.jpg (126 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
20747r.jpg
126 KB, 640x637
>>79817941
>>
>>79813362
Try going round China some time

Fucking less than 50m CPA and we're a 300m bulker that can't move for shit, fucking suicidal fishing boats. It's the most stressful shit.
>>
File: 21722r.jpg (100 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
21722r.jpg
100 KB, 640x632
>>79817969
>>
>>79813143
Avast! You semen swillin cock gobbler. Bosun be the pirate way of saying it. Ask many a salty soul on the 7 seas an I canny tell ye it be the same shite from here to Davy Jones
>>
File: 20516r.jpg (104 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
20516r.jpg
104 KB, 640x635
>>79818016
>>
>>79811565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
>>
File: 1462620873125.gif (1 MB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1462620873125.gif
1 MB, 500x678
>>79816340
HOLLLLLLLLLLY FUCK COMFY
But japan is the epitome of comfy
>>
>>79815396
Come and see for yourself juden israelis are basically honorary americans
>>
>>79818067
>>79818016
>>79817969
we still have all of these
>>
File: birb.jpg (208 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
208 KB, 1280x854
>>79817809

It's also covered in cute birbs. Like these, which are the smallest flightless birds.
>>
File: comfyasf.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
comfyasf.png
803 KB, 1100x700
>>79817334
I mostly agree but I think that when the surrounding space becomes too dangerous (space, under water) then it loses the comfy factor.

Basically when discomfort is replaced with GUARANTEED DEATH then it's no longer comfy, IMO.
>>
File: 1463898316569.jpg (185 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1463898316569.jpg
185 KB, 580x435
>>79816948
>already more advanced than african mudhuts
>>
Cal Maritime Marine Transportation Major here. Fuck yes it is. 8 hours of deck duty and then the rest of the time is spent lifting or doing whatever. You also get to travel the world and bang bitches. Plus the salary is averaging $74k a year for third mates. You get paid even more if you have a contract on a ULCC.
>>
File: 1462621035532.jpg (620 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462621035532.jpg
620 KB, 1500x1000
>>79818156
>>
File: pepecyn.png (59 KB, 660x600) Image search: [Google]
pepecyn.png
59 KB, 660x600
It's literally 2016!
I can't do without heat, electricity, 4G internet, clean and warm water.
Fuck all of yous and your brokeback gay cabins and your isolated smelly shits.
>>
>>79817858
>>79818271
Post night time sky photos ree
>>
File: 1462622728117.jpg (123 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1462622728117.jpg
123 KB, 480x640
>>79818308
>>
File: 1462620780264.jpg (143 KB, 991x642) Image search: [Google]
1462620780264.jpg
143 KB, 991x642
>>79818343
Will japan be accepting and tolerant of big white cock gaijin that wants to contribute to japanese society?
>>
>>79812024
Look up JeffHK
>>
File: 1466529951093.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466529951093.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>79818309
>Fuck all of yous and your brokeback gay cabins

Says the person with Muslim cock in their mouth
>>
File: kacz_024.jpg (96 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
kacz_024.jpg
96 KB, 500x381
>>79818309
>not knowing that /pol/ is a neo-luddite board.
>>
File: 1462620699498.jpg (574 KB, 2048x1362) Image search: [Google]
1462620699498.jpg
574 KB, 2048x1362
>>79818399
>>
>>79817951
No because there's a thing called security stopping them from getting on board.

>>79818271
>You also get to travel the world and bang bitches.

I fucking wish. If you're an officer you'll not have any time ashore at all, in the last contract I did I was on board for four months and I got off the ship for a grand total of five minutes.
>>
>>79811967
The first act of the nation could be to reject the UN as a legitimate authority.
>>
File: cottage.jpg (40 KB, 490x361) Image search: [Google]
cottage.jpg
40 KB, 490x361
>>79816282
>>79816340
>>79811565

Top comf
I want so badly to build a thatched cottage in the woods with a small garden and trapping for food. Ideally with a flowing stream for a water-wheel generator.
>>
File: 1462620658620.jpg (269 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
1462620658620.jpg
269 KB, 1280x851
>>79818444
>luddite
>>
>>79813632
Hawsepiper?
>>
File: 63488.jpg (161 KB, 500x602) Image search: [Google]
63488.jpg
161 KB, 500x602
cosy level: 100
>>
>>79818440
/pol/ could be a neo-shiteaters for what I care.
I'm not giving up modern comfort for whatever idiotic reason someone has.
>>
File: wcomf.jpg (145 KB, 728x526) Image search: [Google]
wcomf.jpg
145 KB, 728x526
>>79818829
Won't have much choice once sharia law kicks in m8.
>>
>>79818495
>you will never be one of two sons of a salary man in early 90s japan
why, god?
>>
>>79818829
>Programming of infantile millennials : Complete

topkike
>>
>>79818829
>I'm not giving up modern comfort for whatever idiotic reason
>nation is being destroyed but at least I'm comfy
This is why people call you cucks.

Though to be fair it applies to most people, not just captain sweden over here
>>
File: WTFnigglet.jpg (20 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
WTFnigglet.jpg
20 KB, 400x302
>>79811318
No garden or nice mountains.
No thanks.
>>
>>79818454
True but if you're lucky and there's a strike or really bad weather you get to stay longer.
>>
>>79818156
I am 100% convinced that the Japanese countryside is among the comfiest places on earth.
>>
>>79819036
You could start a vegetable garden on a decommissioned battleship. You could also raise chickens and catfish or shrimp. And sail past islands which are really mountains underwater.
>>
File: Muslim rapist.jpg (53 KB, 750x237) Image search: [Google]
Muslim rapist.jpg
53 KB, 750x237
>>79818829
>modern comfort

Let me fix that for you

Sweden's Idea of modern comfort
>>
>>79811318

If I hit the lottery I would buy an old container ship. Convert the top into dirt for farming, an the inside into a sweet mansion, and then park myself in international waters and have a never ending drug fueld party with no GMO crops, BPA plastic shit, or government rules.
>>
>>79819402
you will sink eventually
>>
File: china.png (76 KB, 184x165) Image search: [Google]
china.png
76 KB, 184x165
>>79811318
>>
>>79811318
>tfw you will never be noticed by the world's greatest soldier
>tfw he will probably choke you and throw you in a dumpster than lift you off to his offshore base to employ
>>
>>79812362
>with a bag full of expensive woman's shoes
top fucking kek
>>
>>79819267
My dad showed me a way of farming talapia using your own shit. I find it amazing that they can live in a septic tank the size of a small swimming pool.

You are what you eat and you shouldn't eat where you shit but damn shit eating fish are delicious
>>
>>79818233
what about the arctic, the poles?
>>
File: 1449677578292.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449677578292.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
>>79812390
>I've already got over 45 terabytes of music in FLAC
wow, you've really done a lot of prepwork
>>
>>79811318
I'm buying a bunch of used containers to wall off my farmstead.

Top that, normies.
>>
>>79812048
Thats the crew, the officers are western/european
>>
>>79811318
op is a fsggot
>>
>>79820931
>not turning the shop into a farm
>>
File: iberia lyn 002 (13).jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
iberia lyn 002 (13).jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
>>79818343
liek this?
>>
>>79811863
Wife? U high m8?
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.