[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Richard Wagner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Richard Wagner.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Richard Wagner.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
Tell me this isn't the greatest music ever written. Written in the 1870's, but it sounds almost modern, it revolutionized music, motivated entire nations, incredibly passionate. I advise everyone to read up on wagners life, specifically his descriptions of himself when he first saw the rhine river, the birthplace of his people, and his manifesto on jews in music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HujjNQPv2U
>>
Vaugnah
>>
>>79798987
>current year
>still listening to the eternal teuton hymn
>>
I think it was Spengler that said that Wagner was the setting sun of western civilization.
>>
>>79798987
I was just enjoying some Forest Murmers before I switched to Eroica. Wagner is God-Tier. I'll start reading his writings soon enough. Currently working my way through Tannhauser but Its hard as I don't speak a lot of German.
>>
>>79798987

Tried to find good documentary on Wagner online. First ten minutes of every one is about the Jews.
>>
>>79799848
This is true.

Wagner basically scared the form out of western music, from that point on people realised if this trend continues there'll only be 2 or 3 real composers per century rather than the hundreds we have during a time when harsh noise is considered high art. The "autism" of Wagner is that by setting such a high standard he destroyed art itself, because Wagnerian harmonies (which do not resist Schenkerian analysis, like serialism does) are probably the most difficult thing to compose.

It's the cult of ugliness, if art doesn't require more than double digit IQs and if critics can be convinced that ugly is the new beautiful, then art becomes all inclusive and capable of tolerance/diversity. It also scares away the popular audience, so the genuine complexity of academic music doesn't raise the standards of popular music, making it easier to find popular music composers.

Basically, the success of western bourgeois culture was the cause of its destruction.

BTW, I consider Ravel and Debussy the edge of the sun, the moment before darkness. They weren't complex, their standards weren't too high, but their music was beautiful and their only sin was pandering Satie, who was a drooling imbecile.
>>
>>79800624
Very interesting, do you think this is a repeatable cycle with musical genre's? Right now we see EDM artists for example popping up all over, like we saw rockbands popping up all over in the 80's. WIll the elite artists eventually discourage new, less talented artists from entering into the field.

>It's the cult of ugliness, if art doesn't require more than double digit IQs and if critics can be convinced that ugly is the new beautiful, then art becomes all inclusive and capable of tolerance/diversity.

This is one of the most powerful, compelling arguments I have heard against progressivism and ever changing societies in general. Look at the outcome, instead of having 2-3 Wagner's per century, we now have had zero in a century and a half, and degenerate music as its replacement.
>>
>"Opera" composer
>Broke the line between Recitative and Aria
Total degenerate. I bet you also listen to rappers that desecrate the English language.
>>
>>79798987
He was Hans Zimmer b4 Hans Zimmer was Hans Zimmer.
>>
>>79802034
I don't. I don't because the standards are still low, I'm quite intimate with how EDM artists approach composition in their music, they believe the bear minimum is all they need. That is, melody over chords, which is actually more advanced than the current state of rock music, which is lyrics over chords without any deliberate attempt to tonalise vocal melodies.

The growth of elite artists will be a slow, uncontrollable process fuelled by crowd sourcing. Eventually, artists will look to the wealth of knowledge the internet affords them. They'll look to the past in order to gain an edge over their competitors and this will be the new renaissance.

Eventually, the argument that classical influences make you soulless or tasteless or even oppressive will seem hollow against what these influences afford artists.

>we now have had zero in a century and a half, and degenerate music as its replacement.
They would argue they've had hundreds simply by manipulating the standard. I called Wagner autistic in quotes because that's one of the insults they use, it's essentially alluding to the fact that they believe trying too hard isn't helping anyone, although we know it helps everyone.

And Wagner tried so desperately hard. You can hear his very soul in his music.
>>
Thanks for the music, bumping for interest

>>79800624
Have you read any of Spengler's books? Looking into him from this thread and I'm pretty interested
>>
>>79798987
Hello Milo.
>>
>>79804658
I am reading up on him now too, very interesting stuff, and i'm glad he was mentioned. An example of his interesting ideas:

>Pseudomorphosis[11] The concept of pseudomorphosis is one that Spengler borrows from mineralogy and a concept that he introduces as a way of explaining what are in his eyes half-developed or only partially manifested Cultures. Specifically pseudomorphosis entails an older Culture or Civilization so deeply ingrained in a land that a young Culture cannot find its own form and full expression of itself. This leads to the young soul being cast in the old molds, in Spengler's words. Young feelings then stiffen in senile practices, and instead of expanding creatively, it fosters hate toward the other older Culture.
If this doesn't ring true today at this very moment with BLM, La Raza, and bernie supporters in general I don't know what does.
>>
Hitler liked Wagner.

Therefore, Wagner is of Nazi.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.