[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm a foodie Since when did liking food become a hobby?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 327x450
>I'm a foodie

Since when did liking food become a hobby?
>>
>>79783228
>foodie
If a woman I'm dating says that word to me, she is instantly dropped. I can't stand that kind of hipster language.
>>
>>79783228
women will try to make a social status out of anything. all they live for is status and attention.
>>
>>79783228
Since food become so abundant.
>>
>>79783403
/thread
>>
File: what.png (78 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
what.png
78 KB, 282x300
>>79783228
I thought foodie meant like a health inspector, or food reviewer.
>>
>>79783228
>liking quality, varied food is considered degenerate by /pol/

literally what
>>
>>79783228
People make hobbies out of what they like

Drinking, smoking, shitposting, masturbation. Hedonistic interests are more like to be made into a hobby.
>>
>>79783403
all these mundane activities like reading, listening to music, enjoying fine food, etc. suddenly became "hobbies" when everyone had to have a hobby.

when i was a kid a hobby was understood to be something like working on old cars, building scale models, playing the guitar, fishing, and so on to infinity. i remember when it was acceptable to not have a hobby. was totally normal.

i blame social media. the sharing economy just isn't for me.
>>
>>79783228
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connoisseur

"Connoisseur" was always a thing among the nobility and higher classes in Western culture. The wealthy appreciated different tastes and fine food and wine, while the poor ate peasant dishes.

Food has become so cheap that even the lower classes can afford to go to restaurants and sample different types of cuisine. "Foodie" is just the word for "connoisseur" for the lower classes and people who blog about it.
>>
>>79783327
You mean you don't like sitting around for half an hour while your date takes pictures of her food and puts them on Instagram?
>>
File: 1417619314214.png (906 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
1417619314214.png
906 KB, 799x799
i know i can't stand that stupid shit
i eat food to survive
>>
>>79783228
Cooking and trying out food is a thing. I do the same. Its not that hard to understand; its just like you and your obsession of buying waifu body pillows.

Foodie just means they either like to cook a variety of food or to try various new restuaraunts in town. Nothing too strange; similar to being a movie lover and watching tons of movies.
>>
What are some good hobbies, /pol/?
Right now the only ones I'd consider myself to be active in are cooking, marksmanship and scale modeling.
>>79783628
I think what OP is trying to say is that eating food requires zero talent.
Cooking for example, would be a valid hobby because it is centered around a practical skill, and has an immediate reward. Being a foodie just means you pay others to make your food while you gain nothing but weight.
>>
>>79783882
While 'foodie' has become a cringeworthy term, people who actually are involved with the hobby are almost always cooks, as well.

Perhaps the issue is less with being a foodie, and more with it being equated to other hobbies that are skill-based.
>>
Liking food as always been a hobby/pastime of the rich, in the sense of enjoying special dinners and a wine or liquor collection and such.

Since the twentieth century plebs have access to it as well.

The whole attention whore 'foodie' 'let's take a picture of every meal for my instagram' version of it is pretty new and obnoxious, but at least those bitches tend to look like cardio bunnies rather than your related picture.

The point is to look like you're constantly eating delicious food but also looking physically superior to your fellow females. It's all part of the passive-aggressive popularity contest they're having their entire lives.
>>
trying to find the greatest foods you can is not degenerate
but calling yourself a foodie is.
>>
There's a difference between trying and being knowledgeable about a wide variety of foods and just eating KFC a lot.

It's a term like "gamer" it's technically accurate to label yourself as one, but why would you ever do that and use it to describe yourself to another person?
>>
>>79784029
>Perhaps the issue is less with being a foodie, and more with it being equated to other hobbies that are skill-based.
I totally agree with this. I guess my issue is that people who call themselves "foodies" tend to identify that as those who take pride in their cooking.
>>
>>79783228
>foodie
i cant stand this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 640x449
>>79783228
>foodie

Apparently, I'm no longer an alcoholic.

You may call me a Drinkie from now on.
>>
>>79784368
I mean, I'm fine with that, if they make good food.
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 205x246
>>79783228

Who /fat fuck/ here?

Who /wants to lose weight but food is the only thing that makes them happy/ here?
>>
>>79783882
Theres an art to being a foodie. Think of it as a food judge.

Of course normalfags dont do this and just merely consume but true foodies judge and identify food.
>>
>>79784524
Not foos but beer

/beerbellyjoe/ here.
>>
>>79784524
>only thing that makes me happy
Have you tried weed/drugs?
>>
>>79784524
>who else /put stupid shit in slashes/?

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>79784810
WEED IS A DRUG YOU FUCKING AUTIST

I swear to god I will knock you out

>>79784524
LOSE SOME WEIGHT YOU FAT FUCK FAT PEOPLE DONT DESERVE LIFE!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>79783228
Being knowledgable about many different kinds of food is indeed a hobby friend.

Your pic is not of a foodie btw but of a fattie. Know the difference.
>>
>>79784810
>"I'm too fat"
>try smoking weed
wut
>>
>>79784524
Do you go out much and talk to people? You should try finding some good outdoor activities.
>>79784640
>>79784484
I guess I tend to associate the term with people who do packaged food reviews on youtube. Enjoying food is good and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I just don't considerate as a skill and it bugs me when people make it seem like it is.
>>
>>79783228

since at least 2005 it has been a thing. smart phones and sharing pictures of food made it a lot worse. a lot of women do it religiously and its horrible but just another sign of our decadent age.
>>
>>79785106
>I guess I tend to associate the term with people who do packaged food reviews on youtube

I'm not sure how you came to do that, but that has nothing to do with what self-proclaimed foodies are into. It's more food network, hipster restaurant-attending folks. They'd turn their nose up at packaged food.

Faux-high class, basically.
>>
>>79783628
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy quality, varied food. However, to call a basic function of survival a hobby is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>79783228
There's such a thing as a foodie. Then there's also the gullet-cramming landwhales.

Those are two different things.

And you don't need to be like those hipster degenerates and their fancy avant-garde restaurants which serves you expensive flavored foam. Just be willing to try different things at least once, and not in excess, and you can be a foodie too.
>>
>>79784810

I drink like a fish; used to smoke pot but it weirds me out now. I do MDMA occasionally.

>>79785106

I barely go out anymore.
>>
>>79784524
why can't you be like the rest of us and not be happy about anything you lazy gluttonous piece of shit
>>
>>79785550
this guy gets it
OP is a dumb ass trying to misused the term
>>
>>79785053
I've read weed can make you thinner. I have moved and don't have a supply now and am getting fat. It gives you dopamine releases so you dont have to get that from eating food.

>but munchies

Still, if your high, food isn't always on your mind and you're easily distracted.

>>79785024
>sperging out against colloquials
>I'm the autist.
Top pest of keks lad.
>>
>>79785564
Why not, anon? We weren't meant to be kept in the confines of our own homes.
Even if you don't like people thats fine, become an outdoorsman. Honor your ancestors in your actions.
>>
>>79784524
I don't even understand how people can get that fat.

I mean, I'm not the fittest person ever but I'm not fucking overweight.

Don't you feel full or sick after eating too much? Don't you have any self-respect?
>>
>>79785564
Do you drink carb-laden beer like a child or whiskey like a man?
>>
>>79783327
>implying someone on 4chan get get a girlfriend
>>
>>79785437
Appreciating high-quality food with different preparation and various geographic backgrounds is entirely different from only eating what is standard in your area, to survive.

Drinking water is necessary to survive. Is being a wine connoisseur not a hobby?

Shelter is necessary. Is being an architect or interior designer not a hobby?

This reminds me of the "paintball isn't a sport" retards.
>>
>>79783877
Care to share your favourite spices for:
>Chicken
>Pork
>Seafood(specifics would be nice)
>Elk
>Beef
>>
>>79785808
To be fair, I'm married.
>>
>>79785759

Heineken is my brand right now.

Whiskey isn't /comfy/ like beer is imo.
>>
>>79784524
I have it the worst, I only get hungry from fucking boredom which SUCKS WHEN YOUR UNEMPLOYED. Back at my old job, I would work my full time shift and skip my lunch hour and never was I ever hungry. it was to the point where my boss/supervisors were fucking pissed off at me for not taking lunch hour

now that I'm at home, If I'm not working on homework or on my car, Ill start pecking at the fucking fridge the whole day. kill me senpai
>>
>>79785722

I could eat till I puke. But there's never been an amount of food available tome to get to the point.

No, I have no self-respect. At all. I fucking hate myself.
>>
>>79786231
*avaiable to me
>>
>>79783882
>Being a foodie just means you pay others to make your food while you gain nothing but weight.
Not necessarily.

I go out and eat at different restaurants to try to figure out their recipes and try to make them at home. Or look up recipes online and make them at home. Even put my own spin on things.

The experience (service, atmosphere, etc.) of eating out is good too, sometimes. Like French restaurants have a certain atmosphere you wouldn't find from other (decent) restaurants. You learn a bit about etiquette and other cultural things as well, and compare them from your experiences with other restaurants.

And I work out.
>/pol/ack and /fit/izen
>>
>>79783228

Bacchus.
>>
Because there is nothing to fucking do.
>>
>>79786143

Yeah m8 work keeps you in check for sure, especially physically demanding jobs.
>>
Since liking anything for any sort of reason, or suffering from any sort of issue, became some kind of point of pride.

#ErectileDysfunctionPrideWorldWide
>>
>>79784524
Yo.

370 pounds here. Got a lot of reasons why I don't care about eating more. The way I think of it, it's a long, painful, delicious suicide.
>>
File: 47500237.cached[1].jpg (60 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
47500237.cached[1].jpg
60 KB, 800x500
>hobby

Some people eat professionally here. Get sponsored and everything. today we had a nationally televised hot dog eating contest.
>>
>>79784524
Start lifting weights.but now I eat 3600 calories a day just to stay the same weight. More often than not I'm eating over 4000 to bulk. It will take a while to get there, two or three years until you make it into advanced lifting territory.
>>
>>79786231

You guys don't have all you can eat buffets over there?
>>
>>79786087
>heineken
Oh child...
>>
>>79785808
4chan isn't a sekret klub

Fucking Reddit has a 4chan board, it's the 61st most popular board
>>
>>79786143
>>79786492
Shitposting on 4chan is work
>>
>>79787292

>it's another beer snob episode

>>79787033

Been meaning to try again, I was doing well for about 2 years but it gave me bad stretch marks which was pretty demoralising. I was doing weights in the house that didn't last long. We'll see.
>>
>>79784222
Foodies know nothing about good food, they just like eating the latest meme food that often involves bacon.
>>
>>79783481
>>79783481
It started as "Person who goes out and tries different foods for the sake of novelty" but evolved into "I'm going to spend $40 on 4 grams of pink Himalayan salt because the sales person told me it tastes like heaven and I'm not going to disagree with them, because otherwise I'll look like I'm not really a foodie."
>>
>>79783755
Connoisseur has more connotations of "Food Expert in a very specific field of foods", like wines. "Foodie" is more like... Nuevo riche douchenugget tries to talk about food but doesn't know Coriander from Cilantro
>>
>>79786087
>>79786087
Shit taste in beer and an unwillingness to sit down with a good bourbon and a nice cigar. Doesn't get much more comfy than that.
>>
>>79783228
look at this fine 11/10 bitch right here #BLM
>>
>>79783228
I would like to non ironically fuck thst girl
>>
>>79785564
you drink like a fish and you wonder why you're a fat fuck

i hope you die of a coronoary
>>
>>79783228
When wages and cost of living made eating low cost refugee food the only affordable excursion for young people in cities.
>>
I'm underweight but not so skinny you can see all my bones. I can only eat very small meals and when I eat too much my stomach begins to feel bloated and I get insanely nauseous.

I don't know if it's an eating disorder or if it's actually just how the body is supposed to react when it's full, and most people just don't feel it or are able to ignore it.
>>
>>79783228
>Since when did liking food become a hobby?
Liking food has been a hobby for centuries. It's not like fat people didn't exist thousands of years ago.
>>
>>79794801
There's a threshold that fatties cross where body fat starts beating out skeletal muscle for nutrients and by the time they get to that point hormone-sensitive lipase ensures the scales stay tilted in obesity's favour.

You've got nothing to worry about except atrophy as you age - do some light resistance training to keep current levels because they degrade without use.
>>
>>79795246
I run a lot. I noticed after a desk job for three years being underweight my knees were already bugging me. But after walking a lot/running again no issues/pains.

But yeah, I am physically unable to eat a lot. Like, even if I want to over a longer period of time, I will just get bloated/ill feeling. Could be irritable bowel but whatever. I'm not taking drugs if I can survive.
>>
>>79783228
how do u even get that fat it must be actually difficult
>>
>>79783228
I love to eat. I also love to shit. Does that mean I can be a shittie?
What about alcoholics, can they be boozies now?
>>
>>79795179
Henry VIII was the most famous old time fat bastard
>>
>>79795511
Humans don't need buffets to survive and didn't have the option to pig out for millennia - realize that chubby people are actually fat and people like the OP pic are sideshow freaks.
Running will strengthen your legs (if you have good form) though only slightly compared to resistance training.
There's no such thing as underweight. There's only muscle to fat ratio and you seem like you have low fat and low muscle. That's it. You could put on 20lbs of muscle and you wouldn't have anything to pinch - put on 20lbs of fat and you'd droop.
>>
>>79795179
>It's not like fat people didn't exist thousands of years ago.
No, it's exactly like that you obese wetback.
>>
>>79796075
Yeah, I do a lot of sit ups and pushups and my muscles feel rock solid, but I'm still thin and probably have like 2% body fat percentage or something insanely low.

I only eat whole grain bread, bananas, frozen chicken, rice, frosted flakes, tea, a fuckload of lightly buttered corn, and pepsi really.
>>
>>79794801

If you are getting nauseous and feel bloated, your insides are reacting to something you eat. Feeling full doesn't mean feeling shitty.

I used to feel bloated and horrible, despite barely eating anything. Found out I had a small allergy to something in white bread. Stopped eating white bread, no more bloatiness. And no, i'm not fat. I was feeling like shit after eating a sandwich, or toast.
>>
>>79795732

Literally force feed yourself. If an average person ate what that lardfuck ate, they would cause internal damage. Fat fuck up there has trained her body to take in huge amounts of food, stretched out her stomach and intestines to accomodate her food intake.

That takes time, a shitload of time...so yeah, getting that fat is difficult as fuck.
>>
>>79796327
>I used to feel bloated and horrible, despite barely eating anything. Found out I had a small allergy to something in white bread.

Yeah, I get it randomly, though.
>>
>>79783228
Liking eating =/= Foodie.

I don't use the term, but I'd probably be considered one - I like checking out new and different restaurants around the city, whether to explore new cuisine, get a feel for different places, or to find the place with the best (insert dish here).

I can typically recommend an assortment of places to go for dinner/dates that people really enjoy as a result.
>>
>>79796510

Get checked out, its worth it as that bloaty feeling is fucking awful. You say you run and eat healthy, so there won't be a problem there, you just might have a slight allergy to something. No big deal really.

It got so bad for me, I started missing meals and fucking up my metabolism due to feeling like shit. I'd literally eat toast on a morning at like 7am, then feel like shit all day til 5-6pm, where I'd force myself to eat something.

Now I recognise it, I eat smaller meals throughout the day and stay clear of bread.
>>
File: 1467690068799.png (613 KB, 1000x2250) Image search: [Google]
1467690068799.png
613 KB, 1000x2250
>REMEMBER TO SAGE 1 POST, OFF TOPIC BULLSHIT
>>
>>79796221

Try thawing and then cooking the chicken it will be easier to digest and you'll get more protein/calories out of it.
>>
I've heard this from a lot of women/men. typically lefties say it.

Now I am not fat and neither is my mother, but my mom once told me a key to a woman's heart is her stomach (after my father cooked christmas dinner with my help).

There isn't anything wrong with being a foodie (someone who likes to eat (good subjectively) food). I am one myself I feel. But the fucking label of being a foodie is ridiculous.

tl;dr foodie means a lot of things to different people, just means you like to eat good food that isnt the same old shit
>>
>>79783668
Does drawing hot anime girls count as masturbational hobby?
>>
>>79796793
Yeah I used to do that a lot. I get up and eat a small amount of cereal, like a small sandwich at lunch, and some soup at dinner when I used to get terrified of it.
>>
>>79783228
Ever since we started paying Douchebags like anthony bordain and guy fierri to eat on tv. We keep adding redundant new words to the language, like "gastropub". Fucking hate that one. Plus it sucks for /pol/ because adding words makes it harder to draw a parallel to '1984'
>>
File: foodie.png (64 KB, 501x915) Image search: [Google]
foodie.png
64 KB, 501x915
>>79783228
>>Since when did liking food become a hobby?

Since the 1400s
>>
>>79784446
the word is "drunk"
you're a drunk
>>
>>79785819
you have to go to school to be either an interior designer or architect.
>>
>>79797497
Oh and "craft" burgers
>>
>>79785722
It's not how much you eat, but what you eat and how often. A person who snacks on high-calorie food like candy, soda and Cheetos will get fat very quickly. A person who eats three big meals consisting of low-calorie foods may stay thin.
>>
>>79784524
I'm not very fat overall, but I do have a big belly. That is pretty much it. I would love to lose it, but like you said, food is one of the few things in this life that makes me happy. Every time I say that I will go on a diet, I realize that nothing good will happen to me if I do, so why bother. It's not like I will get super buff and then the girls will flock to me. Life sucks and always will. Might as well savor this cheeseburger.
>>
>>79783228
That doesn't look like a typical foodie. A foodie is usually a person who likes trying different ethnic and sometimes pretentious fusion food, with optional posts about it to Instagram. I doubt this woman would ever be considered a foodie, unless potatoes and cheese become an exotic ingredient.
>>
>>79783228
Since I made a competitive sport out of eating your mom's pussy lol
>>
>>79783228
since society has forgotten how hard it was to live.

men at times, lived to eat; others, ate to live.
>>
>>79783228
Going out to restaurants in your city/country, trying all sort of shit has been a hobby for ages. But now landwhales gave that a different name to try to justify their lack of excercise.
>>
>>79796715
Wow, you like to try new restaurants? Can I join your super special club? I bet you love groupons, uber and craft beer too. What an interesting person you must be.
>>
>>79783228
>>I'm a foodie

I thought that this was the same as being a gourmet. Is it different?
>>
>being this ignorant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodie
>>
>>79783228
Would allow her to sit on face if she is 18+
>>
>>79795732
Probably has a glucose imbalance.
>>
>>79795979
Yes. Shittie. My poop was liquid black today, but I am on antibiotics
>>
File: is this faggot for real1.jpg (12 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
is this faggot for real1.jpg
12 KB, 303x276
>>79783842
>not sitting around for a half hour trying to get the perfect picture of the 3 large pizzas you just ordered for yourself
>>
>>79783228
When famine fell into myth and legend.
>>
>>79805831

There's a wiki article for that? Wow. I guess it's not just slang.

I read the definition. "Foodie" just means a gourmand. So why not just say gourmand?
>>
>>79783228
That always pissed me off, too.

"Oh a foodie, so you cook, what's your favorite dish to make?"
"I don't cook."
"OK, go die now."
>>
>>79785053
drink coffee, do stims, do molly and listen to hardstyle
>>
>>79783228
For a long time. Ever heard the term "gastronom"? It's been around since at least the early 1800s, probably much earlier.
>>
reminds me of someone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYRuPXbav2w
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.