[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did the economy mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Brexit economic collapse.jpg (31 KB, 631x497) Image search: [Google]
Brexit economic collapse.jpg
31 KB, 631x497
What did the economy mean by this?
>>
everyone realized the rule is non-binding and nobody wants it but a few old rural people who don't matter so it probably won't happen.
>>
>>79744704
Economist here.

It means nothing in terms of evaluating whether it was a good decision.

It certainly wasn't, but thats something you'll realize only in two-three years, when you have to accept EU laws to get common market access, without the opportunity to shape said laws.

As for the stock speculations, pay no aftention to them. The important thing will be the budget decisions of your government.
>>
File: Nigel Farage 8.png (392 KB, 832x832) Image search: [Google]
Nigel Farage 8.png
392 KB, 832x832
>>79744903

>everyone realized the rule is non-binding and nobody wants it but a few old rural people who don't matter so it probably won't happen.
>>
>>79744704
down .8% this week
FTSE 100 makes 75% of its revenue in foreign currency
etc
etc
etc
>>
>>79744704
You tell me. Look at the FTSE 250 (which is actually a domestic indicator of where the market is going) - look at the banks stocks, at the builders stocks, at the pound.

The FTSE 100 includes lots of international companies which aren't focused on the UK market at all, and lots of energy and mining companies, which shares went up as the pound crashed (because their revenues are mostly in dollar).
>>
>>79744704
Your actual post is the best post.
>>
>>79744903
>nobody wants it but a few old rural people
Which is why the brexit camp won a referendum in which 70% of the voting population partook.
>>
>>79748882
Financial institutions don't want it and he isn't entirely wrong the time taken to trigger Article 50 is helping the £ a bit.

When it is triggered I sure hope none of you are holding long positions.
>>
>>79749037
>financia institutions don't want it
>therefore only old rural people do want it

72% turnout and a 4% margin is not because it's a fringe feeling. Not everyone is so focused on the economy that a few low numbers scare them. Most people are entirely unaffected by this change so far.
>>
>>79749336
I voted Leave I'm not arguing about the vote itself nor do I agree with his old person assertion, but his view that withholding Article 50 is helping hold the £, that I do agree with.

Thats all I meant.
>>
>>79745289
Depends what you mean by "access" to the single. If we only want tariff free trade we will not have to accept any of their regulations (except when exporting obviously). We will only have to accept EU laws if we make the ill-informed decision to actually join the EU, which we won't do. You establishment morons are completely stuck within the EU's narrative, we can live as an independent country, we do not have to become a subsidiary of the European union in order to trade with them.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-sterling-ftse-100-250-brexit-eu-referendum-recovery-a7111156.html
>>
Cheap money means more action, currency devaluation can be spun to strength.
>>
because the bank of england promised QE and a rate cut. Also lots of companies on the FTSE 100 benefit from a weaker pound.
>>
it means retards panicked and the rich made beucoup cashmoney
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.