[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think about people who make a living trough Youtube?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 31
File: 1434059923674174.png.jpg (63 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1434059923674174.png.jpg
63 KB, 1200x675
What does /pol/ think about people who make a living trough Youtube?
>>
>>79737335
Degenerate
>>
>>79737335
Work is work, they make a living because they have an audiance, it's not what I want to do with my life but enough people do it to make enough to make google (YTs parent) pay them some and some can make a living off it.

So in short, who cares.
>>
Youtube proves that capitalism isn't flawless and you need to restrict it so disgusting degenerate ''content creator'' leeches can't get rich from talking in front of a camera
These people need to be stomped out like bugs.
>>
File: stefan8.png (916 KB, 1870x922) Image search: [Google]
stefan8.png
916 KB, 1870x922
>>79737601
>>
i am jealous

they deserve an edgy painful death
>>
>>79737335
Friends with largest Twitch streamer atm. Used to be about fun, but now Youtube/Twitch is majorly treated like a job. Those already at the top the gig is good; however, don't think about attempting to get popular without having really good social skills. Think of it like a ghetto version of having a radio talk show.
>>
I'm jealous mostly
>>
>>79737335
It isn't my business to question the market.
>>
>>79737335

Who is this ample looking fellow?
>>
>>79737335
In complete honesty I think it's really pathetic and contributes nothing except entertainment to idiots. At the same time I'm somewhat jealous because these no-talent retards make money doing quite literally nothing.
>>
proof that any1 can make $$ See a homeless man w/ sign. tell him make utube chanel.
>>
Easy work, but fleeting. The bubble will burst soon.
>>
>>79737916
Best goy

>>79737335
In all seriousness, I will throw a huge party when this pathetic retard finally croaks.
>>
>>79737987
Boogie 2988

He's a fat fuck who makes YouTube gaming videos
>>
>>79738039
Pretty much this. They're basically panhandlers. Goes by an old theory of: how much money can you get sending everyone in the USA an envelope asking for $1? With Twitch's gigantic viewerbase and people wanting to appear on stream, streamers can make a ton of money.
>>
i hate pretty much all of them
>>
File: 1465271970746.png (271 KB, 587x476) Image search: [Google]
1465271970746.png
271 KB, 587x476
>>79738069
>Boogie 2988

Thanks Ameribro. I'm glad that I never got sucked into this spectator sport of watching other people play video games.

Happy Independence Day.
>>
>>79738814
>spectator sport of watching other people play video games.
Let's play baffle me. Why the fuck would anyone waste their time watching those?
>>
Makes me want to break into the scene for easy money, but i could not bear to go through the awkward 50 sub phase.

I'm good looking, and have a patrician taste in video games, but I have a hard time imagining that I'd have a wide range of appeal, everyone that gets over 100k views per video is either a screaming shit or super niche.
>>
>>79739355
> have a patrician taste in video games
Implying that's true you would get like 1k subs
>>
>Youtube Vloggers get paid by Google
>Google gets paid for advertizing space by companies
>Companies get paid by Consumers

In the end, even if you use addblock, you end up supporting people who's only job is talking before their computer few hours a week.

The only solution is to boycott companies which adversize on Youtube.

Does someone have a list?
>>
File: 1467643337889.jpg (133 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1467643337889.jpg
133 KB, 960x720
>>79737335
Is there a market for an asian debunking Anita Sarkeesian for the 2 millionth time whilst talking about video games? I will transition into Trump shilling and cherry picking as many crazy left wing media and debunk those as well.

Is this a recipe for success on Youtube?
>>
>>79737335
They aren't being paid out of charity. Nothing wrong with capitalism. Good for them.
>>
>>79737335
They aren't being paid out of charity. If advertisement services are willing to pay for their exposure then good on them.
>>
>>79739781
>>79739861
captcha strikes again.
>>
>>79737335
Publicly accessible Internet was a mistake.
>>
They are people who will starve to death once they hit 40 and no one wants to watch them anymore.
>>
>>79737335
If you can get easy money from it, why not take advantage of it?
>>
reminder that boogie is a defeatist who will never try to lose his weight and fix his life.
i hope he fucking chokes
>>
>>79739985
by the time they 40 they will have a fuck load of money, assuming you're good
>>
Why is there so much drama between them? I don't even waste time on Internet celebrity faggots and I wind up hearing stupid feuds going on in the "Youtube community".

You can probably SMELL the estrogen in the air at Youtube celebrity gatherings.
>>
>>79739355
>have a patrician taste in video games
You're either lying to yourself or you don't actually play video games.
>>
>>79739037

it's the same question of why would anyone waste their time and money watching people play sport on TV or in the stadium.
>>
>>79740363
Stop pretending they're equivalent. TV, film and real sports are far better than playing video games let alone watching another retard playing them.

VIdeo games are pathetic.
>>
>>79737335

I envy some of the established gaming channels. Playing videogames for a living, making videos, having an audience. But I know its time consuming too. Must feel good when you make enough youtube bucks to be able to quit your day job.

At the same time im concerned about the future. Im certain a youtube carreer wont last forever. So you'll have to look for a job related to your channel wich might work if youre famous enough. Worst that can happen is you'll have to pick your old job up again, and find out you've become obsolete because you've been standing still working on your youtube career, and a generation of new people have come that know more than you.
>>
>>79737335
>boogie
>make a "living"

He's chosen to kill himself through his weight so he can generate sympathy which means more viewers, which means more money, which means more food, which means more weight, which means more sympathy, etc. It's as exhibitionist and fetishist as that guy who is 700 lbs who films himself doing disgusting things and sells the videos. Boogie's viewers basically get off by trying "help" him with advice and donations and pats on the back. It makes them feel like good people, while the 500 lb sociopath rakes in the dosh and slowly succumbs to his own greed.
>>
File: BwaXl2gIcAA9sUY[1].jpg (33 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
BwaXl2gIcAA9sUY[1].jpg
33 KB, 600x518
>>79740133
the guy is past the point of no return, physically and mentally

spending so many years lying to yourself and justifying your bad choices must have an effect
>>
>>79740591
>retarded professional sports fan spotted

watching the same stupid ball games being played for the 1000th time is worse than playing video games
>>
I don't see how it's any different than being a TV or radio host. Except they don't have writers, editors and all that. Most people do their recording, editing and writing by themselves and come up with new content pretty often. Most people don't make enough to be a Youtuber full time, so they work part time meanwhile.

I don't understand how some of the Youtubers have the fan base they have, but I never understood retards in the first place. What I really hate with a passion is Twitch stream whores who gets donations of $1000-2000 to show cleavage while playing games poorly.
>>
ez money. same with twitch streamers.
>>
File: 1395594450110.jpg (59 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
1395594450110.jpg
59 KB, 1024x577
>>79740181
implying they save
implying they invest
>>
saw a video from a cod commentary guy i used to watch
he drives a sports car now
his channel is pretty much dead, because he has no video making talent other than talking over mediocre gameplay and giving out shallow life advice once in a while
he moved on to twitch streaming now
>>
No I don't think they should be able to make a living off it. But there's nothing you can do about it. There is a culture of people who get 100% of their entertainment from watching people's twitch and youtube channels. Nothing will stop idiots from giving content creators money. As far as youtube goes, well that's all youtube. They created a system where the rich get richer and of course youtube gets richest. It's all about creating a top tier of elite commercialized content creators whom 90% of the world view, keeping online users focused on good goy content.

I would never donate to somebody who plays a video game. I do think, however, some content creators have unique talents, skills, and knowledge on certain niche subjects that are worth some merit, but this is generally few and far between.
>>
>>79740849
i've only watched one of his videos but he is such a crybaby.
>when you fatshame me it doesn't help
so this guy has to wait until the whole world is supportive of his fatness until he gets his shit together? he's the definition of a manchild.
>>
>>79741056
not really. sports take actual skill and its real humans doing real things with real consequences and things at stake; watching people play games is just skinny nerds hunched over a computer
>>
>>79738814
Feliz dia de la independencia
>>
>>79739978
He says, using it.

I think you mean web 2.0 was a mistake
>>
>>79741056
I don't watch any sports. I'm not delusional enough to believe video games are a respectable hobby though.
>>
>>79741477
Niggers aren't human
>>
>>79737335

I think it's 100% healthy free market.
>>
It's the same as demos for games if u like it buy it if not don't
That's how it works now cause companies don't make demos for all anymore which is a shame
>>
>>79740849
It's never too late. If he'd stop being a baby he could do it, but he won't because he's a fucking loser with no self control. People like him piss me off.
>>
>>79737718
>Thinks he's an authority on what people should consume

Ever wonder why hardly any North Koreans or Cubans on the internet?
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 233x216
>mfw making >3k a month doing gaming videos while /pol/ angrily wiggles their fists at me for getting paid to do jack shit
>literally never use clickbait or caps in titles, still successful
>you will still reply to this comment angrily demanding to see my channel, talk shit and complain
>mfw degenerate and proud
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
"Women were built for rape" ~WoodysGamerTag
>>
>>79742283
So you pre emptively refuse to provide any kind of proof for your claims? Cool story bro. Enjoy your autismbux.
>>
File: image.jpg (580 KB, 1109x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
580 KB, 1109x1600
>>79742337
"I'd vote for Hitler if he was alive today" ~FPS Russia (Kyle Myers)
>>
>>79737888
this. social skills are really important for that sort of job. you can only do it if you're a fucking turbonormie piece of shit with 500+ friends on FB and and hundreds of twitter followers before even starting a channel.

great social skills are the reason why Boogie is married in the first place and why he can keep doing this fucking stuff despite needing a mobility meme scooter now.
>>
>>79737335
They are great. But people who make their money are degenerate.
>>
>>79737335
It's like putting on any other kind of show. If people pay you for it then you're in business and good luck to you. The free market is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>79739694
>The only solution is to boycott companies which adversize on Youtube.

.........LOL wage-earner's mindset: "Boycott advertisement!!"

Boycott advertisement = no exposure.

No exposure = no demand.

No demand = no business profit

No business profit = no money for wages

No money for wages = surprise, you're unemployed.
>>
>>79742932
probably just pity for him tho and shes after all them youtube bucks after he croaks. hes like 40, has not lost any weight in the 10 years hes been making them videos, he never will
>>
File: 1465284855259.jpg (41 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465284855259.jpg
41 KB, 640x640
>>79737335
Pretty stupid desu, it's not sustainable.
Once the views start drying up they have no marketable skills and have to explain to whomever they go to get a job why they have a huge gap in their work history, plus unless you're lucky you're never going to make 6 figs.
>>
Unless you have some sort of shtick, most of it is based on vanity. Good looking young people can make it work.

Video games will be the most successful as there is always something new to play. If you are FPS russia you eventually run out of modern military weapons to use or new things to blow up.

I don't really see the appeal of watching 20-somethings creep around all day in their condos, opening up boxes of free cell phones and toys, with very little else to do.

I also don't see the earning power through advertising. I mute and skip every ad I come across on youtube and I would imagine younger people do as well.
>>
>>79743225
why would there be a gap in their work history, if they weren't fucking retarded they would start a company and pay themselves through it to reduce their tax burden, and then they could say "yeah I ran a social media production company for x number of years"
>>
>>79739037
They're like friend simulators for autists.
>>
>>79739037
Why would anyone post frogs on a chilean cybernetic dishwashing board?
>>
>>79743408
>Person looks up your "media production company"
>It's you playing video games shirtless
I mean sure you can make it work, but honestly it's a real risk, and it would probably raise some eyebrows.
>>
>>79737335
I liked it until Patreon.

Then I started to realize these people are making money from Youtube, plus an additional 5,000-10,000 dollars on their patreons, PER MONTH, to do nothing but sit in front of a webcam and make Windows Movie Maker tier edits.
>>
>>79743225
>not sustainable

Of course is not. That's why it's 1 in a million who do it full time.

But with that kind of money he can just invest and live comfortably while he figures out what else to do. Shit he can retire early if he wants.

It's legitimate supply & demand like anything else. You or I have no say about what some people supply and others demand, as long as no one's being harmed in the process. That's free market.
>>
>>79741497
hi Hillary, seems you need to practice more spanish because is día, not dia you oldhag
>>
>>79743408
> I ran a social media production company for x number of years

>Employer looks at your Youtube channel
>it's just you bitching about movie and making clickbait
>>
>>79743225

the fact that they were able to generate a following is a marketable skill. in fact, it's an extremely marketable skill given how much one's ability to attract attention controls the market.
>>
>>79741917
instead, he only makes videos about how his parents abuse him and wants to remain neutral in every debate because being fat doesn't mean he has thick skin to take harsh words
>>
File: 1431236221310.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1431236221310.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>>79744005
No one has thick skin to take harsh words. We just get the fuck over it.

I'm sick of people fucking attempting to justify their obesity.

PUT THE FORK DOWN
YOU CAN'T GET FAT IF YOU DON'T FUCKING EAT 10,000 CALORIES A DAY
>>
>>79739037
Letting me see gameplay
Getting their opinion
Watching/hearing video game stuff when I'm busy
The extremely rare actually funny commentary.

>>79743781
Don't get me wrong, I hold nothing against people who do it, but it's not that lucrative if you're not like the top .1% of youtubers, and I would never burn bridges like that guy with glasses did.

>But with that kind of money he can just invest and live comfortably
True, but it's not that hard to do if you're not a poor fag
>Put $300-500 away a month for 30 years
>plus 401k around 6 percent each month (hope your company has a nice policy)
If you don't have at least a million by retirement you failed.
>>
>>79741477
It also depends on the game. With games like Mario Bros, anyone can get down the concept of jumping properly. But with skill-based games like Super Smash Bros or Street Fighter, you're actually not going to win against a good player by mashing buttons. League of Legends professional teams will often have more hours of training than footballers do for football. But that's also Esports, not YouTube. Being good at YouTube is just as hard, if not harder, than producing a TV show. You need to make quality content for your audience. Most professional YouTubers have a young adult audience, and they can be very fickle. I will probably get fucked for saying this, but look at PewDiePie. Biggest YouTuber ever, something around 46 Million subscribers. Clearly, those people like something about him. He's a comedian, your friend and TV show all in one. He strives hard to make good content for his fans. Sure, it might not be a "real job" but he's getting paid, and putting some funny stuff out there. Humor is subjective, but if you say he isn't funny, and being a YouTuber isn't a real source of income, about 46 Million people and his 7 Million dollars annually will disagree with you
>>
>>79743890
True, but you also have everything that you've done on file for easy viewing. I'd be worried if I did it just because I would probably at some point call someone a nigger, and I don't want that shit haunting me.

Plus even with that real legitimate skill you're still going against people with specialized degrees who also have experience, but in a more corporate setting, unless you want to start out at entry level with entry pay.
I mean it does happen though, it's not impossible, hell even Moot got a job at (((Google))) despite his career choices.
>>
The entertainment industry is really the only export America has. That includes YouTube
>>
>>79744844
This is not true at all. PewDiePie for example and Markiplier and even jacksepticeye all make money doing minimal work screaming at the computer and just filming hours of gameplay. The. They ship all the footage off to some company that edits it and makes it into 50 videos.
>>
>>79737335
I wish everyone's tastes and interests would align with my own, but at least they rely on voluntary exchange instead of having the government redistribute productive people's income to them.
>>
>>79737888
Underrated trips
>>
>>79745171
Clearly the people who watch him like it, and the problem is we can't stop them from doing so. I have no problem with people making money however they want as long as it doesn't put other people in serious harm. Why should you?
>>
>>79745171
No they don't, they hire their editors or do it themselves. I know Mark and Felix have their own personal editors now.
>>
>>79742283
Gib channel. I'd actually be interested in a gayming channel that isn't clickbait garbage
>>
File: 00NvgWf.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
00NvgWf.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
I'll see them at Starbucks in 20 years.
>>
>>79737335
Pretty cool IMO. I hate people like PewDiePie, but I respect the shit out of him. He makes 12 million dollars a year playing video games and screaming at a camera. Literally living the dream.
>>
>>79741547
There is no such thing as a respectable hobby. Don't fucking kid yourself.
>>
>>79746393
my hobby is teaching poor and disadvantaged inner city children how to read and write, so you might want to rethink that
>>
>>79746506
Don't teach Muslims dude smart ones are the worst terrorists
>>
>>79746506
Basically like saying your hobby is tipping camwhores so they can afford to pay their rent.

It's just altruism m8.
>>
File: Fug.jpg (69 KB, 775x837) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
69 KB, 775x837
Degenerate. Extremely. Worse than TV for other generations.

Every single one of them is playing a character.
You really think they give a fuck about their audience, at all? Of course not.
The shit really bothers me. They are fully grown men pretending to find it funny to scream and make jokes aimed at 10 year olds...sometimes they break character and yeah, overall it's fucked up.
I said this from day one (like 2008ish) but they are teaching an entire generation of kids to follow the latest trend, to sit in doors and do nothing but play games, to think they know it all because they watched it in a video or heard something about it, to think they've experienced stuff because they watched someone else do it... to essentially be a faggot.

The YouTubers only care about money of course, so they inject literally anything into their videos of them screaming and doing whatever they do... My younger brother watches this shit and I've heard the gamers just repeating the latest popular bullshit to fill time and stay relevant.
Naturally, YouTube is shilling the worst of the bunch too.

There is going to be a whole new level of "neet" and other retardation when this generation grows up... Worse than anything we have now
>>
>>79747261
More women and money for you, then.
>>
Let me remind /pol/ that 4chan in general is degenerate. So therefore you are degenerate.
>>
i surprisingly like h3h3, even tho he's not /pol/ at all
>>
>>79747388
>More women and money for you
How do you figure that? Society shifts with popular culture, obviously.
There is a reason they make so much money from YouTube... Naturally, women follow money and status. The """new media""" guys have probably been responsible for more job cuts than you know.

Also, it's not about money or women, you weak, spineless cunt.
Some people just DON'T want to see the world burn.
>>
>>79742025
>implying Cuba and North Korea are any bit similar
>>
>>79747888
Then maybe you should stop being a retard and realize how utterly irrelevant a few guys on youtube truly are.

Your cute little country just destroyed more wealth overnight with one vote than Boogie will make in his entire life.
>>
>>79737335
Like any celebrity/entertainer, they are the modern day jesters. I don’t mind if you want to be a fool or if you do it online. It’s my pleasure to watch you look like a tit, singing, joking and wearing funny coloured hats with bells on. And, if you are good at it, we’ll all throw a few coppers into your hat, and those coppers add up when you have your routine expanded to an internet audience.
Just don’t start commenting on political issues. You are there because you look like a twat, and a twat doesn’t know how to solve gun control in the US, or any other shit you think you know the answer to. Because you’re fan boys will start believing you, and that’s how socialists are made.

>>79746294
This too. If you think we'll like to see you doing this in old age (retirement will be getting on 70 if not 80 by then), you're sadly mistaken. So make sure you make mad bucks before it all goes south, and everyone moves onto the latest fresh face.
>>
>>79746208

youtube.com/gibsmedats
>>
>>79737718
Does Latvia even have electricity? I thought it was just a shit hole for poor retards.
>>
File: 6.jpg (267 KB, 926x764) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
267 KB, 926x764
>>79742283
>3k
> A lot
Enjoy being a poorfag
>>
File: 1459194872518.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1459194872518.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
How do I into jewtube or blogs /pol/?? I wanna have fucking moneeeeyyy
>>
>>79748538
If you have to adk then you don't have what it takes.
>>
>>79748538
Be interesting enough/lucky and be persistent. You have to make x billion videos before you get any amount of people watching your shit.
Or get a real job you lousy NEET
>>
>>79748653
>>79748708

i have a blog about history/philosophy that i used to dabble with in 2012

it's got 13k hits so far, but that's from me not doing anything to boost its SEO apart from click-communities online. I quit it a long time ago because it takes a lot of work.
>>
>>79748137
>Then maybe you should stop being a retard and realize how utterly irrelevant a few guys on youtube truly are.
They're not irrelevant at all, you fucking spaz.
There are thousands of these cunts, spouting popular nonsense (we all know whats wrong with that) daily, pumping it into the soft heads of millions... teaching them to be lazy, whiny, populist, feminine, and fucking stupid.

You're either a fucking retard or a wannabe YouTuber.

Boogie probably made 2 million bucks (with the help of YouTube's approval. Gee I wonder why) and all he did was sit and get fat while people watched him play games and feel sorry for him.
It's just funny, when I was a kid I used to want to be Knight Rider, I thought pirates were cool and adventurous, etc.
Kids now grow up wanting to be a morbidly obese man who sits and does nothing...
>>
>>79740613
>At the same time im concerned about the future.

Yeah, I'd be worried about this too. I wonder how many stories of people who made it BIG on YT but then lost their viewership are. What's you're left with on your CV is a couple of years where you played video games and screamed in front of a webcam.
>>
>>79743166
If a chick is going to be a gold digger then she can do a whole lot better than Boogie, in terms of money.
>>
>>79748977
Probably 100 of them make enough money to last a year without it. And of those 100, I wonder how many have enough money to last after their fame disappears.

The fact that kids watch their shows is meaningless. You have too high an opinion of the "glory days" of 20 years ago, as if the propaganda then was any less powerful.

It all comes back to proper parenting, which is the real issue at hand.
>>
Doesn't the fat slob have a hot wife?

Anyone have pics?
>>
>>79741056

real sports require real physical exercises

doing real sports makes you healthy, while playing video games makes you like this:

>>79740849
>>79741294
>>
File: 1467545087346.png (96 KB, 259x180) Image search: [Google]
1467545087346.png
96 KB, 259x180
>>79747665
>>
>>79748538
I'll give you my idea for free, if you really wanna go viral:

Let's play while high on various different drugs.
For example: ''Let's Play GTA While On 300μg of LSD''

YouTube might not allow ads but if you got enough views you could funnel viewers onto a merch store or something. Also, YouTube wouldn't shill you like they do the others now... It's too late for that.

>>79749171
>Probably 100
You can't be this stupid, right? Lmao

>The fact that kids watch their shows is meaningless.
No it's not but okay, we'll see won't we?

>as if the propaganda then was any less powerful.
It was less powerful, and less damaging overall. You're a fucking moron or a shill.

>It all comes back to proper parenting
Yeah, but we all know that hardly any parent, or the "average" parent isn't going to stop this kid doing something that is considered normal. Again, I'm sorry but you're wrong and just stupid. In 10 or so years, we will see.
>>
>>79739037
If I watch an LP it's because it's for a game:
>That I don't have the system for
>That's too rare for me to want to throw down $80+ on when I'm not sure whether or not I'll enjoy it
>No longer have time to play (long RPGs)
>100% completion runs with commentaries done by LPers who know a great deal about the game they're playing and can comment about aspects of the design cycle, staff, or other uncommon information

There are so many games out nowadays that watching LPs is an easy way to allocate your time and effort into the games you are most interested in. However, there are plenty of shit LPers and there's a general perception that it's all just screaming manchildren with facecams so I understand why people avoid them.

>>79739754
The "Manosphere" has been blowing up recently, so you might have a chance, but unless you're a qt grill you're most likely going to be drowned out by the sea of assholes saying the same shit as you. I think sh0eonhead or whatever the fuck her name is is the only significant female presence there and a portion of that can be attributed to her relationship with another highly regarded tuber called TheArmoredSkeptic.

>>79740208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAtCE3lbvNo
>>
File: das_it_mane3.png (435 KB, 440x501) Image search: [Google]
das_it_mane3.png
435 KB, 440x501
>>79749585
We won't see anything. Society will be fundamentally the same, because human nature will be fundamentally same. Every philosophical principle, every market reality, every predictable outcome of human interaction will be exactly as it is today.

You will still be a butthurt cuck being angry on the internet about things that are outside of your control. I will still be a rich white male doing as I please.

One wonders how the gap between us will grow during those 10 years of pure butthurt. I expect I'll have a young family by then, and every current major youtube star save a handful will be unemployable. I might employ a few of them as maids to clean my estate.
>>
I really do wonder when the Youtube bubble is going to pop. I feel like it's only a matter of time. Maybe I'm just short-sighted, but I really do feel like all of these little bumblefuck Youtubers that make a living off of the site are in for a rude awakening in the next 10 years or so. I just can't envision Youtube being a sustainable method of employment for the long term, except for maybe the big companies that have formed from it with genuine facilities and production values. Same goes for Twitch, but doubly so.
>>
>>79737335
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1467660296859.webm
is this the same person
>>
File: BehindThesePosts.jpg (89 KB, 914x599) Image search: [Google]
BehindThesePosts.jpg
89 KB, 914x599
>>79749959
>We won't see anything
Sure thing, dumb cunt. If that's the case then I wonder what attracts you to a politically incorrect forum on the internet? Lmao, you're a fucking retard.

>Every philosophical principle, every market reality, every predictable outcome of human interaction will be exactly as it is today.
This all means literally nothing. All platitudes.

>I will still be a rich white male doing as I please.
>Clean my estate
>I expect I'll have a young family by then
Be honest, you live in a basement don't you?
>>
>>79737504

Fuck you idiot

As an American you should be glad that people can make a living any way they can
>>
>>79750380
>This all means literally nothing
For you. It isn't a surprise to me or anyone lurking this thread that you are not familiar with any academic writings in economics, evolutionary psychology, human behavior, propaganda, etc.

>Be honest, you live in a basement don't you?

I live in a house that I own. Calling it an estate was banter, but I do very much anticipate dark times ahead for anyone on youtube that isn't investing in their future.

And I'm not just talking 20 years in the future. I'm thinking like 40, or long into retirement. That is where the piper will come to be paid.

It isn't really going to mean much to me that I'm not already prepared for. My tax rate will likely still be as shitty as it is today, perhaps measures of tax optimization will improve to spare me some of the costs. And in total, I will have a peaceful life while theirs is full of turmoil appropriate for those who coasted through their working years producing nothing and learning nothing.
>>
>>79749585
>Do you really think it's much more than 100 that make enough to go workless for a year?
I think you're overestimating how much money youtubers make. I mean sure 100 is pretty lowball, but it's still relatively not, Maybe about 5k at the most do, and that's being pretty liberal.
>>
>>79750061
Problem is that the really popular Youtubers who make enough money (500k+ annually) are most likely investing if they're smart and building their nest egg for when that eventually does happen. Plenty of Youtubers have come and gone from fame but they're still living well.
>>
File: bree essrig.png (706 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bree essrig.png
706 KB, 1024x1024
>>79743225
>huge gap in work history
I think most would market their time as 'freelance work.' They have to file their taxes somehow.

>>79743265
>>79743775
Ad revenue has been down for years, sponsorships, corporate funding, Patreon, and personal product lines (clothing, coffee mugs, other goods) are how most of them get by now. For an example, Philip DeFranco has had a clothing line for years (you can also buy slutty cheesecake posters of his female staff, pic related) and he sold off one of his subsidiary channels (SourceFed) to Discovery Network.

>>79750061
>I just can't envision Youtube being a sustainable method of employment for the long term
It's not. There are tons of famous tubers who have to have shitty wageslave jobs despite having hundreds of thousands of subscribers. They're in a weird niche of being famous enough to be recognized in the street, but not famous enough to actually make a living doing it. I read an article a while back where tubers described having people stalk them at their wageslave jobs or working at events with more successful users and being asked if they were doing a bit for a video and having to awkwardly explain that this was what they did for a living. I'll post it if I can find it again.
>>
>>79750836
I'm the one who originally made the claim about the 100 people.

The way I see it, if you look at social media toplists and start to do the math, it really is quite a low number of people that make what I'd call "a living."

A lot of the top channels are institutional, for one thing. But when it comes to the PewDiePies and the Boogies out there, there just aren't that many -- CAN'T be that many.

The middle of the bell curve (if it even is one) would be your camwhore type people. They can make maybe $1000 a month, but only during good months, and obviously that is not enough to really make a career out of, much less a retirement.

And when the next cute girl comes along, it's curtains for these hoes.

>>79751207
As this guy also said.
>>
>>79750779
>It isn't a surprise to me or anyone lurking this thread
Gee okay, Sigmund Freud. You've got me all figured out, right? And you keep trying to get other anons on your side, bro! They'll back you up I'm sure!
I didn't read the rest because I skimmed it and it was obvious bollocks.

>>79750836
YouTubers make more money than you know, mate. For you to make this statement shows you underestimate how much they make.
YouTube itself might not pay a significant amount but you forget the third party income they generate from their online """presence"""
It's literally as simple as setting up an online store and directing your thousands of viewers to it. Even if YouTube closed down tomorrow, they'd still have that and can grow, etc.

The gamer YouTubers get sponsored by many people. I guarantee not all declared or "official" either.
>>
>>79751309
It's probably more akin to day trading. It looks like a lot of people are making money doing it, but most of them really aren't -- and you only hear the success stories.
>>
File: 1440620260714.gif (495 KB, 194x172) Image search: [Google]
1440620260714.gif
495 KB, 194x172
>>79737335
It's something that causes a lot of jealousy.
>>
File: No.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>79751475
Well of course most of them aren't. Are you retarded? YouTube has over a billion registered users.
>>
>>79751207

Found it:

http://fusion.net/story/244545/famous-and-broke-on-youtube-instagram-social-media/
>>
>>79748901
>want money
>don't want to do the work
fucking leaf.
>>
File: drake1.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
drake1.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>79751747
Don't look at me. You're the one who thinks the existence of successful youtube personalities is a threat to national security and civil society.

Enjoy their downfall. It's coming. Unless you hate PewDiePie specifically -- he'll probably be fine.
>>
>>79750086
Yes.

>>79751781
Beat me to it. Thanks m8.
>>
>>79751902

I think there was another one also with a different Youtuber, who's in the exact same predicament, but this works as well.
>>
>>79751985
These poorfags make the world go 'round
>>
>>79750732
selling baby parts should be fine to u, then
>>
File: 8.png (41 KB, 1156x604) Image search: [Google]
8.png
41 KB, 1156x604
the attached image is my channel's analytics for nearly 10 years
below is my youtube experience
-they wouldn't approve me for adds for years, but were running adds for years so when i was finally approved i got a 2,000 dollar check which isn't reflected in the attached analytics
-when i was finally approved officially, they stopped promoting my videos
-any video that goes viral will be stolen and reuploaded so many times that your numbers are decimated
-fuckers on facebook reupload my videos without crediting me or linking to the original videos so 9million hits on youtube translate to nothing for me
-google pays about 100 dollars per every 5,000 hours viewed. or simply, 100,000 views of a video with a 3 minute average view time
-google has really fucked over anyone that makes adult humor videos by allowing a single report to send an account into review and always counting adult humor as porn
-there is no way to contact a physical living person at youtube
-any video i upload with the words "asian, feminist, japanese, or fat" is automatically put into review for monetization and eventually denied monetization
-the more popular a video is with 4chan, the less money you'll make since 4channers are smart enough to use adblock and only retards from reddit don't
>>
>>79751898
>You're the one who thinks the existence of successful YouTube personalities is a threat to national security and civil society.
I literally never said that once but nice try faggot.

Listen. I hate these guys but there will be no downfall. Sure, they may have to scale back on the house purchases... they'll stay relevant.

>>79752281
>any video i upload with the words "asian, feminist, japanese, or fat" is automatically put into review for monetization and eventually denied monetization
Lololol and some guy above was telling me this isn't anything to worry about...
>>
>>79751813
>says the welfare state
>>
>>79752281
>-fuckers on facebook reupload my videos without crediting me or linking to the original videos so 9million hits on youtube translate to nothing for me

9 million hits on FACEBOOK i mean
>>
>>79752531
>they'll stay relevant

They will be replaced by the next innovation in social conditioning, and it will be roughly as successful as all of those that have come before it.

People like you will still be here, people like me will still not care.
>>
>>79737335
Fine, but that fat dude is boring as fuck. 3 mil subs, how?
>>
>>79752281
That doesn't sound like a lot of money senpai
>>
File: kek.jpg (37 KB, 463x419) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
37 KB, 463x419
>>79742025
>implying a nigger knows best

Nope.
>>
>>79752856
it isn't, youtube only pays out about 5% off add revenue to creators, so i've made 2,500 dollars over the years, and they've made 50,000 dollars off of me
>>
>>79752856
It is not. The moral of this thread is that the staggering majority of youtubers do not make enough money to live beyond month-to-month payments, and even the most successful ones are at the mercy of their own discretion when it comes to saving for retirement.

Boogie is clearly just hoping he is dead before it comes to that.
>>
>>79753023
can you give us a idea of what you do
>>
>>79753023
Ah, my apologies, I thought you in the "Youtube is a viable career and not a huge risk to invest your life into" group.

>>79753092
To be frank, with the average intelligence and foresight these people seem to posses, I doubt they've been stuffing their money into index funds.
>>
>>79739037
same reason for the new Social Eating category on Twitch: people like to watch other people doing stuff. haven't you seen that 24/7 stream of that fatass just living his life in front of a computer? it's strangely fascinating to observe someone else's behavior no matter how mundane it may be.
>>
>>79753196
i just make whatever videos come to mind, really just for fun
i average 3 videos per month, but youtube falsely decides one of my videos are porn or hate speech or bullying or copywritten material each month so i'm constantly losing videos/ views/ and progress

youtube awards placement in search results by popularity, not by relevancy so having a popular video deleted totally fucks you over by pushing all of your other videos lower in search results and less likely to appear as related videos
>>
>>79751207
>Bree

lel. that's literally the most terrible bitch. SJW and whore tier all in one. Jewish too. literally everything that /pol/ hates.
>>
>>79745171

Jack edits his own videos, and he shits out at least 3 a day. He would have to play video games for atleast 3 hours per game to get enough footage to make a video about. The guy must be almost constantly at his computer, which is probably why he looks so shit. If you have a work rate like that, no matter what your job, you will burn out fast.
>>
>>79752587
I'm not the one whining about not wanting to put in the work for the money on /pol/, leafcuck.
>>
>>79748477

It's arguably a better country than America in every possible way.
>>
File: 1466111628713.gif (1 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
1466111628713.gif
1 MB, 400x170
>>79737335
Scum of the earth
I prefer muslims to these greasy lazy fucks
>>
>>79754456
We know you do, Abdul.
>>
File: 2.png (68 KB, 711x925) Image search: [Google]
2.png
68 KB, 711x925
>>79754446
Unlike Denmark
>>
Chubbychasinggaming is good, redpilled but doesn't have a lot of views or shit.
>>
File: 1465872465028.jpg (168 KB, 1191x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465872465028.jpg
168 KB, 1191x1200
Tbh, the most autistic youtuber is .. I forgot his name but he got cancer and he basically complains about games and talk about them for like 20 minutes and give his shitty opinion on it, and people actually decide to buy the game or not because of his opinion.
Fuck... What is his name? His title for games are like "WTF... something"

oh.. His name is TotalBiscuit, look him up.
>>
>>79750061
Entertainment is entertainment. Matter of fact youtube is starting to kill television. Just the same way television killed radio.

If a higher and more accessible form of entertainment comes out, youtube will die. However i am starting to believe youtube is the end of the chain.
>>
File: CDClvHDVAAESzAz.jpg large.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CDClvHDVAAESzAz.jpg large.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>>79752822
People have low standards for entertainment and even if they 'grow out' of him or another similar Youtuber after years of watching them, they may stay subscribed or continue to watch his videos just for the sake of familiarity. Consider the running joke in the RedLetterMedia YT comments of, "Now I can pretend to have friends again for an hour!" That is a real and unique phenomenon that is intensified by social media. Familiarity breeds affection unless you have a specific reason for disliking a person and because content consumers are being repeatedly exposed to the lives of content creators, they start to consider them friends or family members. It's the same sensation you might get if you go to a certain company/store and always see an employee who is nice to you or you when you see the same people at the gym. You might not have ever spoken to them, but you feel an inexplicable fondness for them. It's pretty interesting, I recommend looking into it if you ever get the time.

>>79753716
She is (and unfunny to boot), but none of the other girls' posters are up right now and I couldn't be arsed to search for the others. I have no idea what Steve sees in her. Here's some Trisha, who might also be a Jew, but at least she could carry a conversation and knew what the fuck she was talking about most of the time.

>>79754446
If I wanted to go sightseeing in the Europoor countries most people don't care about, where are some good places to go?
>>
>>79740849
boogie was big before he started doing videos
>>
>>79755259
kek
booty2988
>>
>>79737335

Who or what is that thing, and why should I give a fuck how he makes money?
>>
>>79754885
I've seen his stuff actually

Pretty good, wtf is up with his name tho
>>
>>79754711
No problem tyrese
>>
>>79754994
>If I wanted to go sightseeing in the Europoor countries most people don't care about, where are some good places to go?
I guess any country will do as long as you stay away from the cities and go to the more rural holiday resorts.
>>
>>79737335
I hate every single one of them, with people like John Green being especially bad

Not really politics though, polite sage
>>
Youtubers are to the current age, as what Raphael and Michelangelo are to the renaissance.

Truly, they are the pioneers of the human spirt.
>>
>>79740849
This guy has a qt wife and I don't. I'm half his size, I can see my dick unlike him, I'm healthy enough for sex, he's not.
>>
File: 1563110_1463673370972_full.jpg (47 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1563110_1463673370972_full.jpg
47 KB, 512x512
I get annoyed with their ability to take 1 minute of news and drag it out to a 10 minute video.

They also most of the time are completely free of interesting thoughts/view points. They just interject a bit of their personality into whatever they happen to be talking about, which i guess people like.
>>
>>79756881
This, but with a side of loathing when they spend identical or more time on junk news ([insert sex scandal of the day], Youtube Drama, Mac n Cheetos!!!11!, etc) as they do on serious world events.
>>
>>79737335
By all means, fair. I watch youtube videos and some of them are quite entertaining. Keyword: Entertain.

Its like asking if professional athletes should make their living through playing their sports.

As long as it makes money and entertains people, they can get w.e amount they want. I would love to make money off of youtube but I don't have "talent" nor do I have time for it because I didn't start 5-6 years ago.
>>
>>79737335
they live like parasites, as jews!
>>
>>79758850
>Wah wah everybody should be picking oranges like me

Fuck off beaner
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.