[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is queensland the most bogan state in Australia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20
Why is queensland the most bogan state in Australia?
>>
>>79706763
>bogan

Fuck off back to North Fitzroy you silver sequin handbag carrying poofter
>>
>>79706763
>based
FTFY city dwelling latte sipping faggot
>>
Why is Melbourne the most faggot infested,ethnic clusterfuck of a failed experiment of multicuckoldry ever!!
becuase not enough Queenslanders you fuckin girly-man op
>>
>>79706763
I think the weather is too good in Queensland. People can just shuffle around in thongs and a singlet with stubbie in hand. There isn't enough motivation to make things cool, stylish, contemporary, cosmopolitan or anything like that. Most of the world's creativity happens in climates that are a little challenging. The ease of life in Queensland makes people lazy, which inclines toward the lowest denominator. The lack of urban population or good education north of Brisbane doesn't help a lot either. Queensland is the only state that could elect someone as embarrassing as Pauline Hanson.
>>
>>79712282
melbourne here, can confirm.
>>
>>79712343
Shes against islam, building mosques and sharia law you fuckken fatty, get fucked
>>
>>79706763
Hi Melbourne. Hows getting fucked in the ass by greens going?
>>
File: australian region.png (209 KB, 2704x780) Image search: [Google]
australian region.png
209 KB, 2704x780
>>79706763
Because of the Jews.
>>
>>79712282
Melbourne is definitely not a failure of a city. It comes in consistently at number one or two in the most liveable city award. It's one of the most successful examples of multiculturalism you'll find. There are very occasional exceptions, but most people in Melbourne are tolerant and accept that their immigration patterns since WWII have made the city dynamic and diverse with some of the best food you'll find anywhere. Also, Melbourne is Australia's leading city for:
- sport
- theater
- publishing
- architecture and design
- live music
- uni students
The only people who don't much like Melbourne are racists and country mice (who can't deal with big cities). I've traveled around the world and am amazed at how many people say how much they love Melbourne. It should be one of Australia's greatest points of pride.
>>
>>79712481
It's horrible. I know so many greens voters. It's only going to get a lot worse. This only the beginning. The greens need a scandal of the century to destroy their voters
>>
>>79712481
>>79712857
Isn't it just hilarious that Queenslanders are destroying their greatest asset -- the Great Barrier Reef -- but are refusing to back the party that most stands up for protecting the reef (the Greens). Alt-right Queenslanders think it's funny to laugh at those wacky political ideas down south while at the same time they elect meme candidates like Hanson who are laughing as they oversee the willful destruction of Australia's greatest natural asset. I hope your grandkids think you're as funny as you do.
>>
>>79712790
confirmed for not having to live in the "multiculturally enriched" suburbs.

citycentric fuckwits like you are as big of a threat to this country as open borders.
>>
>>79712790
>accept that their immigration patterns since WWII have made the city dynamic and diverse with some of the best food you'll find anywhere
cuck spotted
>>
>>79713203

they're double digit IQ uneducated losers. let them be. they can sleep in their bed of shit.
>>
>>79713203
great barrier reef is fine you media propoganda guzzling halfwit

http://joannenova.com.au/2016/06/great-barrier-reef-scare-exaggerated-threats-says-head-of-gbr-authority/
>>
>>79713362

wow, what a retard.
>>
>>79713418
splendid argument.
>>
>>79713362
Global warming isn't happening either. And jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
The Great Barrier Reef is an issue where I think people have to stop being political because obviously we're destroying it quite quickly and something drastic has to be done to stop it. Unfortunately, Queenslanders aren't educated or competent to put out a fire they started in their own houses.
>>
>>79706763
Fuck off Victorian nigger.
>>
File: Australians2.jpg (357 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Australians2.jpg
357 KB, 2048x1365
>>79706763
>>
>>79713463
>http://joannenova.com.au

you dont deserve an argument
>>
File: west-island.jpg (29 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
west-island.jpg
29 KB, 638x638
>>79706763
Fuck off with your shitposting slide threads, you're probably not even real Australians any of you! The word Ocker hasn't been used once and no one has mentioned the NT or WA!!!!!!!!!!

>inb4 Kiwi doesn't know what a territory is!
>>
>>79712790
90% asian isn't true multi culturalism you dumb cunt
>>
>>79713501
the biggest problem the reef faces is doomsday mongering morons like yourself putting tourists off visiting it.

also not arguments

manmade global warming is no threat and if it was the solutions do more harm than good.

jet fuel can weaken steel beams
>>
>>79712790
try living in Braybrook, Sunshine, Footscray or Broadmeadows and tell me about diversity
>>
File: implying.jpg (4 KB, 188x192) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
4 KB, 188x192
>>79713666
>manmade global warming is no threat and if it was the solutions do more harm than good.

How did dropping out of high school in year 10 work out for you, champ?
>>
>>79713653
>90% asian

[citation needed]
>>
>>79713707

plenty of scummy low life meth addicted white people there too.
>>
>>79706763
Pauline will come and and cleanse the land of filth like you.
>>
>>79713777

fish and chip lady is a joke dude. it'll never happen.

shes dumb as fuck.
>>
>>79709241
F
P
B
P
>>
>>79713714
leaving job as an engineer to become a pilot.
friends of mine that left school between the ages of 13 - 18 are all very successful intelligent people who would provide stronger arguments for or against any issue than the infantile dribble you've contributed to this debate.
>>
>>79709241

>d-d-dont call me a bogan!

lmao
>>
>>79713854

>leaving job as an engineer to become a pilot.

Oh, not smart enough? Being a pilot doesn't take intelligence these days.
>>
>>79713622

some more reading for you

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/06/20/modern-scientific-controversies-part-2-the-great-barrier-reef-wars/
>>
>>79713501
Ok. So how are we killing it? You know fuck all living in your big city i bet you have never even seen it.
>>
>>79706763
Same reason that Texas is a bogan shithole. Close to the equator.

The closer you are to the equator, the more of a fucking moron you are. Places like Indonesia and Brazil are full of fucking tribal cunts that don't know how to make fire. Antarctica is full of nothing but scientists.
>>
>>79713913
none of your business cunt.

>what is self acutalisation.
>>
>>79713707
I've lived in Carlton, North Melbourne, North Carlton, Fitzroy, and Kew, so have had plenty of experience with diverse neighborhoods. The tension on the city fringes is mostly just about what happens when undereducated poor bogans come into contact with new immigrants. The bogans don't like change and feel their small range of freedom is being encroached upon by outsiders, so they get mad. The solution is better education, better wealth distribution, and better urban planning and infrastructure provision.
>>
>>79713983

>https://wattsupwiththat.com/

jesus fucking christ cunt, are you even trying?

>>79714074

>>what is self acutalisation.

pfffft lmfao. have fun with that, you tool.

sorry that you weren't cut out for engineering though.
>>
>>79714079
>The bogans don't like change and feel their small range of freedom is being encroached upon by outsiders, so they get mad. The solution is better education, better wealth distribution, and better urban planning and infrastructure provision.

what are you doing? stop speaking sense...
>>
>>79712790
Hows the ethnic crime wave going fuckhead?
>>
>>79714079
confirmed for troll

>>79714138
well you certainly aren't.
>>
>>79713777
>>79713811
His trips beat your dubs Abo!
>>
File: 1432726938523.png (330 KB, 471x467) Image search: [Google]
1432726938523.png
330 KB, 471x467
>>79712790

Yes the globalists do love their little camp down under.
>>
>>79713777
trips speaks the truth!
>>
>>79713777
>Allah willing.
>>
>>79714079
Come on dickhead answer my question.
>>79714001
>>
>>79714234
It's not a crimewave. There have been a few incidents involving retarded bogans attacking Indian students on public transport, usually when the Indians are poor and forced to live further out west in areas that don't usually get so many Indian students living there. And then there's the Apex stuff with the Sudanese-born kids. Those kids need a lot of guidance and help so they have real options in their lives. Obviously they're frustrated about a lot of things. It shouldn't be too hard to give them constructive outlets -- sports opportunities, apprenticeships, and the kind of good stuff that makes you feel integrated into a community. If there was less butthurt hostility, this integration would happen more easily too. These incidents are small blips in what is largely a safe and harmonious city in which to live.
>>
>>79706763

No idea, maybe the weather has cooked the cunts brains.

Something needs to be done about QLD scum though.
>>
nth for Pauline purging cucks.
Also Good job in Origin NSW.
>>
>>79714569
Your just jealous that you lost state of origin. Its a good life up here thats why all you southern cucks are moving here.
>>
>>79714518
This is where we have to turn to experts (you know, those people who the Brexiters targeted). Just look at the prevailing scientific consensus among people who really know what they're talking about. Don't look at the views of bloggers or political pundits or people wearing tin hats.

This is a decent starting point:
"Bleaching Hits 93 Percent of the Great Barrier Reef: Aerial surveys reveal that the giant coral reef is suffering under global warming"
By Brian Kahn, Climate Central on April 20, 2016
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bleaching-hits-93-percent-of-the-great-barrier-reef/

It's a relatively reliable and non-partisan source reporting on some major research findings. Does this persuade you that something is going on?
>>
>>79714532
Some of the best shitposting I've seen here. Well done.
>>
>>79713203
Because everything else the Greens stand for is fucking retarded.

>>79712343
We wear thongs and a singlet because it's fucking hot you dumb cunt.
>>
>>79714816
So you say listen too experts then you link some dribble that someone in this thread has proven wrong. I go out to the great Barrier reef every chance i get. Where i am its fine.
Have you ever been there? Don't take all the wrong crap in the media, come out yourself and have a look. You don't know shit. The "experts" don't know shit there have never ev ed n been out there. They are scare mongering for grants and money.
>>
>>79712790
>Gee Willickers Billy your mom lets you cram 5 black cocks into you at the same time
>>
File: I_cant_percentages.jpg (54 KB, 499x506) Image search: [Google]
I_cant_percentages.jpg
54 KB, 499x506
>>79714816
>Extensive aerial surveys and dives have revealed that 93 percent of the world’s largest reef has been devastated by coral bleaching.

Because I'm a bogan Queenslander, can you please explain to me how the percentages of bleached coral in the picture add up to 93% of the reef?
>>
>>79706763
Non-Brisbane Queensland is great.

Brisbane is probably the most left-wing of all parts of Aus.
>>
>>79714706

I don't watch boganball friendo.

Too much arse-sniffing closeted homo-eroticism for my taste.
>>
>>79714532
bwhahahaha its a crime wave how long till the next islamic terrorist event hahahha
>>
>>79715237
>Brisbane is probably the most left-wing of all parts of Aus.
Congratulations, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>79715210
Lol and thats just what they surveyed. Thats way more reefs then that. Aerial survey won't tell you shit. You have to dive. And cock breathe here >>79714816 cant even tell me how we qld boogans are killing it?
>>
>>79715355
I'm right.

Brisbane is almost 100% Labor, whereas non-Queensland is almost 100% Non-Labor.
>>
>>79715111
I've been there plenty of times, but I don't value my observation as one non-expert. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about with the reef from my observation. But I do know how to summarize a scientific consensus that's emerging from experts who are spending millions of dollars to investigate empirically what's going on. When most of these people say there's a problem and provide detailed evidence to support it, I'm persuaded that there is a problem.

The issue is with people like you who think you're own uneducated subjective viewpoint counts more than a large weight of scientific evidence. You, dear anon, are not a great source of knowledge about the world. Learn some modesty about the range of your own observation and experience. you know very little. To develop understanding, we have to pool our resources to best effect. This is basically why science exists -- so we don't all wander around saying the earth is flat and the sun revolves around muh dick.

Why do you hate "experts" so much? Why so suspicious? This is a sincere question.
>>
>>79715414
Non-Brisbane*.
>>
>>79715281
I wouldn't know. It takes one to know one they say.
>>
File: this is 100% Labor apparently.gif (57 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
this is 100% Labor apparently.gif
57 KB, 800x492
>>79715414
And that makes Brisbane "the most left-wing of all parts of Aus" how?
>>
File: Capture.png (344 KB, 977x787) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
344 KB, 977x787
>>79715414
ok m8
>>
>>79715237
>Brisbane is probably the most left-wing of all parts of Aus.
not even close cunt

but your state government's almost as much of a shitshow as ours

t. melbourne
>>
File: 1467625827325.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467625827325.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1080
>>79713777
>>
>>79715456
So you know that warm water causes bleaching, yes? And IF that's caused by anthropogenic emissions of GHG, it isn't just QLD that's the problem, yes? In fact, Victoria burns brown coal in its Loy Yang power stations which produces more CO2 per unit of energy than the black coal we burn in Queensland. Plus, Victorians all have central heating, burning more brown coal and gas and releasing more CO2. So, how about you get off your fucking high horse and live in a more moderate climate where your infrastructure isn't intrinsically more GHG intensive than the State you cunts are always so happy to look down your dribbly winter noses at.
>>
>>79715704
oath
>>
>>79715540
>>79715667
>>79715576

In terms of actual laws, Queensland is one of the most left-wing states. In terms of environmental, social, regulation and taxation, they're the most left-wing other than perhaps Victoria.

This is a massive change from when rural Queensland was in the majority, population wise. When that was the case, they had Joh Bjelke-Petersen, a true conservative. After that, however, the state government has been almost exclusively Labor, because Brisbane has overtaken rural Queensland in population.

Brisbanites are really the most disgusting left-wing traitorous cunts in existence. Fuck all you city dwelling cuckolds, hope you die eating shit.
>>
>>79715456
So your idea is to vote in a party that will kill our economy by blocking all the resource related projects that are keeping this country afloat, just so we reduce our pathetically small carbon footprint compared to the rest of the world, that will have no impact whatsoever on the reef.
>>
>>79715456
>Why do you hate "experts" so much? Why so suspicious? This is a sincere question.

LISTEN AND BELIEVE, FUCKING PEASANTS
>>
>>79715799
>NQ secession when?
>>
>>79715210
You can read the full survey and see how they worked out their numbers. If there's a mistake, they'd be delighted for you to let them know.

>>79715409
You're asking what's causing damage to the reef? As best I can tell, it's agricultural runoff (that reduces oxygen in the water), overfishing (that changes zooplankton levels, that also affects oxygen), dredging for shipping (that creates silt and contamination), and rising water temps (caused by larger global factors). But I'm no expert. It just seems to be that denial isn't a great stance to take towards the reef. Scientists who are studying it are documenting that something bad is happening on a large scale. There's no reason to doubt there people. They're mostly just other Australians who were lucky enough to get plenty of uni education and who also care a lot about the place.
>>
>>79715799
You're actually fucked in the head.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-12/vote-compass-right-left-leaning-electorates/7501092
>>
File: image.png (127 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127 KB, 400x400
>it's an aussie thread

Tell me about your local abos and niggers. Do they really infest Melbourne?
>>
>>79715456
You think your better then me wanker? Why i hate experts? Because they have been wrong over and over. You don't need to be an expert to see if the reef is bleached. I dive every other weekend on it. Even with my so called uneducated subjective viewpoint, i can tell if its bleached or not.
You think i know very little? Just because i didnt live in a big city and go to a fancy school? Mate where do you get if judging people you have never met? I think you need to take a look in the mirror, your the one who needs modesty.
>>
>>79715799
>Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Bash and rule? You gotta be joking.
>>
File: unaffrodabe-jan-19-three.jpg (106 KB, 826x611) Image search: [Google]
unaffrodabe-jan-19-three.jpg
106 KB, 826x611
>>79715869
Yep, as usual all the most right-wing electorates are in rural Queensland.

When people say Queensland is conservative, it's simply because it has a large non-Brisbane population which is unusually conservative. Unfortunately, they are cucked top to fucking bottom by the city-dwelling cock sucking shitcunts in Brisbane, who need to be burned alive and used in medical experiments for their left-wing treason.

Townsville now has some of rural Australia's highest house prices because of state govenrment laws, lobbied for by Brisbanites, which stop the local council from allowing enough greenfield development to keep up with demand. Brisbanite cunts would prefer that we all live in fucking apartments.

>>79715924
He ran the lowest taxation, lowest regulation, most pro-development regime in all of Aus. Brisbanites did tear him down eventually though.
>>
>>79715846
So you're butthurt because you feel that people with education and expertise are condescending to you. Is that what you're saying? You don't like how it feels when someone with expertise makes you feel less knowledgeable. This makes you feel as though they're calling you a "peasant." Does this bring back bad memories of a family convict past or other ancestral criminals? Or is it more about anger that you're not successful at the moment in your life? Or that you're afraid you might actually be living a life like a peasant (as a wage slave flipping burgers)? You're helping quite a lot to show why you're so suspicious and mad. Your complaints have quite a lot of potential legitimacy too.

>>79715755
I agree. Victoria should sort itself out too.

>>79715804
Let's just head to better energy production. Solar is the obvious solution in Australia's climate. A large airport in India just converted to 100 percent solar energy provision. If they can do it, so can Australia. It would be brilliant economically too.
>>
>>79716047
>le Brisbanites are left-wing

You're so divorced from reality it's not funny.
>>
File: 1465611288400.jpg (359 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465611288400.jpg
359 KB, 800x800
>>79709241
OP BTFO
>>
>>79716216
You fucking clueless cunt. You don't even have a fucking argument.
>>
>>79715859
>agricultural runoff
creates problems with crown of thorns starfish. doesn't cause bleaching
>overfishing
most of the reef is protected from commercial fishing, and where it is allowed, is highly regulated with quotas. again, doesn't cause bleaching.
>dredging for shipping
This has only occurred in Gladstone Harbour, Abbott Point and Hay Point. All are considerable distance from actual reef (being coastal ports) and have been highly regulated with respect to the weather and tidal conditions they are allowed to dredge. Again, nothing to do with bleaching.

I'm an environmental engineer. I've been through the uni system that creates the scientists you're talking about, and it is strongly biased.
>>
>>79715859
Your a dickhead you've never been up here i can tell. Agricultural runoff is only from townsville to cairns, i rest of the coastline barely sees rain. No one dredges, runoff from rain silts up more then that, and its been doing it since the reef existed. Half the reef is protected in restricted fishing or green zones which mean no fishing at all, go look at a map of it. Temp is what causing bleaching, im not denieing that it doesnt happen, just not on what the "experts" say no where ever near. You read to much, you really need to dee yourslef i doubt you have dived on it.
>>
>>79716264
You're the fuckhead without an argument. You said that Brisbane is the most left-wing place in Australia, which is laughably inaccurate.

Neck yourself you dumb cunt.
>>
>>79715917
That helps. You're speaking good sense, though honestly, I'd have more confidence in the views of 500 scientists who have been visiting the reef regularly and using best-available methods to document what's happening than I would have confidence in your experience. I can understand that since you're visiting often, it might seem from your point of view that there's no problem. When combined with a general distrust of authority, this might make it seem as though these "experts" are making shit up to make your life more difficult. I don't at all mean to condescend. I grew up in isolated rural NSW and know what it's like to feel that the city people are just fucking everything up for you. But I've also had a good education that's led me to accept that we need to value expertise and try to build the best forms of knowledge we can using the best possible tools we know. Science sometimes gets things wrong, but it has mechanisms to try to correct against this, so our understanding of the world is getting better and better over time.

I really wish there was less divide between country and city, between people with differing levels of education, and that environmental issues were less fractured into left and right political positions.
>>
>>79716494
It is the most left-wing place in Australia, and should be nuked. No mercy can be shown to Brisbanites.
>>
>>79716047
>He ran the lowest taxation, lowest regulation, most pro-development regime in all of Aus
Only due to jailing all of those who opposed him. He was a corrupt hillbilly.

It was a repressive social atmosphere that prevailed under Bjelke-Petersen, from laws restricting rock ‘n’ roll bands, censorship and bans on protest marches. Politicisation of the police force was an integral part of Bjelke-Petersen’s Queensland, Special Branch was deployed to monitor critics and ruin careers.
>>
>>79716568
Yep. You're deluded.

Again: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-12/vote-compass-right-left-leaning-electorates/7501092
>>
>>79716369
That's all interesting to hear. You know way more about this stuff than I do. What's your take on what seems to be the consensus position at the moment? Do you agree that large-scale coral bleaching is happening and that a lot of the reef is dying off? Do you think there's some weird bias or conspiracy among marine biologists? Do you think it's all about global warming and not about local actions in QLD? Just curious to know...
>>
>>79716623
It was only repressive if you were degenerate.
Ironically, it was Peter Beattie's labor government that benefited the most from the infrastructure that Joh built about 20 years before it was neeed
>Gladstone power station
>Coal railways electrification
>Gateway Motorway/bridge
>riverside express
etc
>>
>>79716623
Those are all good things.

We need a new state of North Queensland so a Joh-like regime can be brought back, free of the corrupting influences of Brisbanites.
>>
>>79712790
Pretty sure it was Canberra that got the best city in Australia.
And that's mostly because of the insane amount of parks, rivers, trees and sunshine you get.
>>
>>79716816
>>79716820
And nazi germany was a good thing too.
>>
>>79713638
>NT
>WA
First is as bad as qld for bogans, other is just for mining and has nothing else of value.
>>
>>79716515
The article that you posted has been proven wrong. Your so called experts are wrong. Gbr marine authority is where you need to get your info. Fuck the scientists they only come and go, they dont say watching over it for years as i have done. You think they are neutral in this. They have an agenda. If it was up to them they would kick us all out from far north qld.
I agree with you that we need a less divide between country and city. But the city people and the politicians dont care they only tell us want to do from there big cities. They dont know what its like up here. Even in rural nsw, you cant compare the lack of infostructure and isolation to that.
>>
>>79717098
We need rural states and a devolution of power to the state governments. Give the Riverina a state, North Queensland, and New England too.

City faggots do not care, and will never care, about rural Australia. They want to depopulate and deindustrialise rural Australia. In their mind, the only place people should live is in apartments in the innercities.
>>
File: 1461240522339.png (81 KB, 207x219) Image search: [Google]
1461240522339.png
81 KB, 207x219
need dank straya memes for reasons

preferably recent election related.
cheers fellas
>>
>>79717234
>They want to depopulate and deindustrialise rural Australia. In their mind, the only place people should live is in apartments in the innercities.
You need to stop smoking cowshit, it is fucking with your brain.
>>
>>79717327
Kill yourself.
>>
>>79717234
>he says this in QLD, one of the least urbanised states in the country

Fucking moron
>>
>>79717098
Fair points. I was just looking at the GBR marine authority website and my first reaction was to think it looked like official government shit and hence more likely to be propaganda than scientific sources are. There are skews and biases everywhere. We just do what we can to try to overcome them and build the best possible picture of what's happening. It seems your perspective is pretty solid. I'm no expert on the reef; I just read scientists saying there's a problem and then see local Queenslanders saying "she'll be right, mate." It doesn't look right to me.

The part of NSW I grew up in was pretty shit for infrastructure -- almost as far from Sydney as you can get too.

>>79717234
It's not a bad idea at all to allow more regional devolution.
>>
>>79717234
Thanks mate you give me hope. I live in katter country, and because he isnt a part of one of the 2 big parties we have missed all our infostructure since joh. I go to japan and see the high speed rail system, i understand that they have more pepole but they cant even fix the fucking roads up here. The qld rail cant even join the nsw rail cause of differant gauges. We are so far behind. And councils state and federal govs restrict economic growth. We will never get ahead. It makes me sad.
>>
>>79717327
>>79717524
he is right though you dumb cunts.
houses are getting smaller, apartments are getting more common.
>>
>>79716811
You're sounding like a greens shill now trying to figure out how to bring normal people around to your cause, but just in case you're genuine:
> What's your take on what seems to be the consensus position at the moment?
On what, the reef? Most people are worried about keeping their jobs and couldn't care less.
>Do you agree that large-scale coral bleaching is happening and that a lot of the reef is dying off?
north of Cairns from what I've read. My issue with the original article you posted was the "93% of the reef has been DEVASTATED by coral bleaching". It's patently untrue from the data they presented. But, like when estuarine mud was being dredged from Gladstone Harbour we had fuckwith Greens politicians escorting even bigger fuckwit UNESCO representatives around telling everyone that we were "dredging the great barrier reef".
>Do you think there's some weird bias or conspiracy among marine biologists?
Everyone has bias. Numbers are numbers, but the way the information is presented can have a huge impact on the "message". This may or may not occur consciously.
>Do you think it's all about global warming and not about local actions in QLD?
There's nowhere near enough historical data to say whether or not this has happened before to the same extent, let alone with any frequency or periodicity. The bleaching event has come off the back of a particularly persistent westward wind over the Pacific, and may have nothing to do with average global temperatures at all. But I definitely don't think the bleaching event is a result of what's happening in QLD. Nutrient and sediment runoff during significant rain events is a different story.
>>
>>79717327
Also, you are just dumb as fuck, cunt. It's in the government's own documents.

Go and read the regional plans for any region of QLD - take FNQ. These are prepared by far-left Brisbane bureaucrats. They basically force local councils to restrict local population growth in favour of population growth in innercity Brisbane.

- No new rural residential zones, removing one big reaosn people move ot the country - to live on big lots
- Restricted amounts of new residential zones, massively driving up home prices
- Encouraging "densification", i.e apartment towers, which nobody in the regions wants to live in.
>>
>>79717679
Oops, forgot to link it: http://www.dilgp.qld.gov.au/resources/plan/far-north-queensland/fnq-regional-plan-2009-31.pdf
>>
>>79717679
Is that why I can buy a 4 acre lot less than 50km from Brisbane?
>>
>>79716922
The holocaust is a lie and Hitler did nothing wrong. Is it your first day here?
>>
File: 1458217701965.gif (45 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1458217701965.gif
45 KB, 499x499
>>79717742
>he thinks 4 acres is a large property
>he now considers himself a ''country bloke''
lol fagot
>>
>>79717579
I respect your points mate. The reef is beeing afected. But the only way to help it is if the whole planet stops polluting the waters and the sky. We look agter it up here best we can. All my mates never go over bag limits. Sorry if i went off but i get angry that people go around and say we hillbillies are killing it. We respect it, live in it. We dont want to see it go. We do the best we can.
>>
>>79717742
For how much? In 2000, before regional plans, a 4 acre lot on the edge of the Brisbane urban area was about $45k. They have risen every year since 2004, when regional plans came in, and no new rural residential lots are being created because of state government mandated land use policies.
>>
>>79717877
do you think you can live in the "country" with a 50km radius of a major city?

stupid frogposter
>>
File: 1459244315623.jpg (49 KB, 569x579) Image search: [Google]
1459244315623.jpg
49 KB, 569x579
>>79716656
>Brisbane
>>
>>79717679
>>79717705
Fuck these cunts. I told you they dont want us up here >>79717579 its not a conspiracy.
>>
>>79717905
>2000
insert current year meme here, what is population growth and demand for housing. You really aren't too clued on are you.
>>
>>79717663
All interesting and informative to hear. Thanks for sharing. I'm not affiliated on these issues -- just curious about what's happening while also seeing that Queenslanders are embracing populist right figures who seem to have nothing to say on the subject.
>>
>>79718056
Brisbane, and Queensland as a whole's, population growth has slowed massively since the introduction of strict land use policies designed to force and com-pact people into smaller houses, on smaller lots, and apartments.

Queensland was once Australia's fastest growing state by far, because it did not use land use restrictions to drive up home prices.
>>
>>79717956
its not hard.
>>
File: avatar-3413596.jpg (14 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
14 KB, 385x387
>>79712282
Melbournian here, Touche.
Honestly I think theres going to be point where Melbourne ceases being apart of a broader Australian culture, considering how unAuatralian the typical Melbournefags are. Its basically Canada down under. We even have a Greens MP for the district of Melbourne. I wouldnt mind if we got Nuked if thats what it takes to destroy the SJW. Truly an embarressment of a state. Its become a stronghold for every type lf degeneracy and is spreading througout Australia like a wildfire
>>
>>79718118
>Brisbane, and Queensland as a whole's, population growth has slowed massively since the introduction of strict land use policies designed to force and com-pact people into smaller houses, on smaller lots, and apartments.
Ok m8. How's North Fitzroy treating you.

http://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/products/reports/pop-growth-highlights-trends-qld/pop-growth-highlights-trends-qld-2015.pdf
>>
>>79718259
Melbourne isn't actually any different from any other major Australian city.

You're being fed a false divide. The real divide in Australia isn't state to state or city to city. It's city vs regional. City faggots are ruining the nation and they don't even fucking care.
>>
>>79718334
I live west of Townsville you stupid faggot.

Australia's fastest growing state is Victoria. It took 25 years of Labor to ruin Queensland, but they did it.

Well done Brisbanites. Well fucking done. Hope you're fucking happy in your little cuckboxes.
>>
>>79718432
>west of Townsville
Are you upset they replaced your sniff with opel fuels?
>>
>>79706763

Because all the Tasmanians move there once they turn 18

t. Tasmanian
>>
>>79718432
>It took 25 years of Labor to ruin Queensland, but they did it.

top fucking kek. you ruined it by yourselves, you double digit IQ peasants.
>>
>>79716515
>I'd have more confidence in the views of 500 scientists

500 scientists that make their living of global warming, sorry I mean climate change.

30 years of global warming fear mongering and no evidence, nothing but minute changes in an ever changing system.

FFS even the ice caps are starting to grow back so much for muh rising water levels, at this rate the first signs of climate change will be visible in 300+ years.

Your not starting to get a little sceptical of this nonsense?
>>
>>79718587
When Joh was in power Queensland was king.

That's why we need to split off Brisbane from the rest of the state. Let them fucking rape themselves, but don't let them continue to rape regional areas.
>>
File: 4012372140971241.png (568 KB, 1461x444) Image search: [Google]
4012372140971241.png
568 KB, 1461x444
What are you all even talking about?
>>
>>79718579
you guys won the national bogan competition though.
>>
Why is it that communist city faggots say that regional areas could not survive without cities, but yet they will not let us break free and run our own areas?

They are very insecure.
>>
>>79718702

Tasmania is for hipsters now, can't walk out your front door without running headlong into a cafe.
>>
>>79718646
Due to corruption and using police to force his way. He ripped off everyone. You have no idea.

But you sound like a bootlicker anyway so you would have loved it.
>>
>>79718763
This

fucking release land!
>>
>>79718792
Only hobart

Launy is still pretty rough around the edges and Queenstown will always tell poofters to fuck off, ironic considering its name
>>
>>79718937
I'm not a bootlicker at all. If anything police now are far more authoritarian. You can barely go for a drive without them stopping you for a random breath test or some other such dumb fuckery.

Police should be of the people and by the people. If they are that, then let them do what they need to. Currently however the police are a leftist bureaucratic force that are being used for the wrong purpose.
>>
>>79718381
Maybe you should have voted for Pauline then.
>>
>>79718763
because we'd take all the resources with us and they'd be utterly fucked. mining companies would revive small towns and then the cities would just get fucked over because people would move out to the sticks. and leave the cities to rot
>>
>>79719079
Correct.
>>
>>79719079
cities only eat because there's people left in the country growing their food

be funny if they stopped but, i'll fucken die when i see cunts planting foam trays because that's what they think meat grows on
>>
>>79719538
Innercity Sydneysiders can grow plants on their apartment balconies! Haha.
>>
>>79719631
>apartment balconies
what luxury, most here in melbourne don't have those
>>
>>79706763

Why is Victoria the most pathetic state?
>>
>>79715210
total number of bleached reefs divided by total number of reefs =
((522 X 0.99)+(226*0.9)+(163*0.75))/(552+226+163) = 92.4%
>>
>>79719079
Then the small towns would turn into citys due to the influx
>>
>>79719538
The country depends on the city, a whole lot more than we do on you.
>>
>>79719778
Melbourne are very insecure and try hard. You know the cool kid in the country town that doesnt have any friends but tries so hard to dress cool, listens to trendy/obscure music etc. doesnt have any friends or personality, wishes lived in some more hip part of the world- so overcompensates. thats melbourne. wishes it were new york, paris, london, tokyo, berlin etc. offers nothing original like those other cities because too insecure to be original. hipsterism came naturally to melbourne
>>
>>79720766
>country depends on the city
For what, daytime television and 98 forms of middle management contained in towering office blocks that ultimately does fucking nothing?

We grow your food. We mine your ores. We do the vast majority of the blue collar work (because you city cunts are way too up tight to roll up your sleeves and get dirty for a change) and are the only people holding up your economy.

Australia produces 90% of it's food domestically. What are you going to do when there's no more food on the shelves? Put a pot plant out on your front lawn?

The only reason that cities are more populous than rural areas is the downright scummy, uptight and self serving attitude of the average city dweller. If you faggots are going to do cushy educated office jobs while buying 8 dollar coffees and going out for lunch every day, at least be a bit more respectful of the people that spend their lives providing for you.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.