[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porcupines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: PorcupineLiberty1.png (68 KB, 850x204) Image search: [Google]
PorcupineLiberty1.png
68 KB, 850x204
I just thought I'd set this image free.
>>
File: GermanyPOP.png (28 KB, 1346x583) Image search: [Google]
GermanyPOP.png
28 KB, 1346x583
>>79696539
implying marijuana and homosexuality are good for society
>>
>>79696539
>>
>vote for open borders and gun grabs

No thanks.
>>
>>79696840
From ontheissues.com Questions asked to Gary Johnson:
Q: Where do you stand on gun control?
A: I'm one of those who believe the bumper sticker: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. The first people who are going to be in line to turn in their guns are law-abiding citizens. Criminals are going to be left with guns. I believe that concealed carry is a way of reducing gun violence.

Q: Do you carry a gun?
A: I don't, and I don't own a gun, but I'd still just as soon have the concealed carry law. If the guy who is going to hold up a car knows there is the possibility of a concealed weapon, he may think twice. We don't have that law here.

Q: The NRA disagrees with any limits. Do you?
A: I don't believe the laws regarding guns are effective. We're allowed to bear arms. It's part of a free society.
>>
>>79697090
With voters growing increasingly fearful of gunfire on the streets, Gov. William F. Weld of Massachusetts reversed course this week and proposed some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country.

Mr. Weld, a Republican who will run for re-election next year, called for a statewide ban on assault weapons — a proposal he opposed during his 1990 campaign — as well as a waiting period for buying handguns and a prohibition on handgun ownership by anyone under 21. His proposed legislation would also limit the number of handguns an individual could buy and would impose tough penalties for illegal gun sales and gun-related crimes.

"The purpose of this common sense legislation is to remove deadly guns from our streets and to take weapons out of the hands of many teens who themselves are becoming deadly killers," the Governor said.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/5-statist-positions-that-should-make-libertarians-run-from-bill-weld#sthash.NJbwj0Um.dpuf

Johnson on immigration:
[One journalist] noted, rightly, that I favor an expansive guest worker program and am uncomfortable with the idea of mass deportation.

Potential immigrants should be issued a Social Security card, which would allow them to pay taxes.There should be a two-year grace period for illegal immigrants to attain work visas so they can continue contributing to America and begin taking part in American society openly.Immigrants should be able to bring their families to the US after demonstrating ability to support them financially.
(This one is really good because it implies that Johnson also supports the social security program).
>>
>>79697690
Funny, because here's something both Gingrich and Romney said.

GINGRICH [to Romney]: I don't see any reason to punish somebody who came here at three years of age. If you find people who have been here 25 years and have two generations of family and have been paying taxes and are in a local church, as somebody who believes strongly in family, you'll have a hard time explaining why that particular subset is being broken up and forced to leave.

ROMNEY: Look, amnesty is a magnet. What when we have had in the past, programs that have said that if people who come here illegally are going to get to stay illegally for the rest of their life, that's going to only encourage more people to come here illegally. I'm not going to start drawing lines here about who gets to stay. The answer is we're going to have a system that gives people who come legally a card that identifies them as coming here legally. Employers are going to be expected to inspect that card, see if they're here legally. On that basis we're going to be able to bring you to this country.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sounds fucking similar to what Gary is proposing.
>>
>>79698579
I don't like Gingrich or Romney, so I don't know what you were trying to prove by posting their dumbass opinions.
>>
>>79698856
So out of sheer curiosity who do you support?

As I see it Gary Johnson is going to be on all 50 state ballots. He's not Hillary, he's not Trump. He's an actual choice worth my vote.

He makes sound reasonable arguments, not all of which I agree with but I can see the reasoning and they are moderate enough to be middle ground.

Weld has come around in recent years, still stands by his old positions, but does see the importance of gun ownership.
>>
>>79699296
I don't "support" anyone. I will likely vote for Trump but I think at best he'll only postpone the inevitable conflict that is building. Johnson, if he somehow managed to gain office, would not be any different from the other weakling Republicans that have been selling out the country for 30 years now.
>>
>>79699912
Going to have to agree to disagree completely.

Trump's activity this election feels like the worm on the hook of Hillary. As if the democrats wanted him to run, as if they had inception-ed the idea of running in his brain. Like they wanted a candidate so vitriolic that independents would almost feel compelled to vote for Hillary on the lesser of two evils approach. Trump is a disgrace. Hillary is a disgrace.

As much as these words kill me, Hillary just might win. Though, we all lose either way.

Johnson doesn't even like republicans or democrats and his actions in New Mexico are polar opposites of what democrats and republicans want.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.