[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying Jesse Ventura isnt 100% right https://www.you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>implying Jesse Ventura isnt 100% right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIpWu8ti5A

whats up with this new trend of trashy veterans? Am not even one of these anti military cucks, but this wal-mart patriotism is getting out of hand
>>
>>79682614
The DoD is passively allowing American "Lei Feng" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lei_Feng) poster boys to mythologize the recent conflicts for PR. The truth is these wars make Nam look like a sane, organized, and by-the-books operation. Ask any infantry officer with a few drinks in him what he really thinks about the situation in the services right now, and our approach to warfighting. The military is on the downslope just like the rest of the country, and I guarantee only the worst of the current millennials and Xers are going to make flag rank, and then the decline will accelerate exponentially.
>>
>>79682614
It's weird. I side with Jesse all the way, but my dad supported Chris Kyle because he read his book.

I respect Chris Kyle's work, legacy, and service. But that doesn't make him exempt from criticism.

Besides, the best sniper of all time was still Simo Hayha!
>>
File: V8wULnm.jpg (128 KB, 804x509) Image search: [Google]
V8wULnm.jpg
128 KB, 804x509
>>79683496

Thats what I thought it was, but didnt know how to articulate it. It also weird when you consider how like 99% of the military is just skinny fat liberal numale and black chick bureaucrats that do nothing but file papers at a base in Kentucky or something. Kyle Carpenter seems like the only real new war hero one worthy of respect imo
>>
>>79684884
I actually support the reforms of the Medal of Honor. It became too sanctified in the post-Vienam era, and for decades the medal was effectively retired, and almost no one was being awarded the Medal of Honor for actions that were the equivalents of qualifying actions in prior conflicts. The services were basically maxing people out with Navy Crosses, Distinguished Flying Crosses, and Distinguished Service Crosses, no matter how worthy the actions were. It's one of the few things that I think Obama has gotten right with the military. Whether he did it for cynical PR, or a genuine reform of a system that has become broke, I guess I don't really care.
>>
>>79684884
Also, don't get me wrong, we still have top tier servicemen--as good as the best in any generation in the history of the country. However, the military has ballooned to a mostly routine bureaucracy with many people who simply happen to wear a uniform and have a rank, and this goes way beyond the mere normal necessary logistical and support units, which there is nothing wrong with.
>>
>>79683964
>Simo Haya
To think he only joined the war effort because the Soviets didn't respect his 3-km personal space radius
>>
>>79682614

The more I learn about modern SEALs they less I like them.

I am a former Marine, and to me the modern SEAL is a showboating blowhard, glorified soldier. The more they run their mouths the less honor they have, and these guys are all Hollywood.
>>
>>79682614

Jesse Ventura is the man.

He tells it like it is. America pretty much died in 2001 after the government murdered 3,000 of its own citizens and has been replaced by a wicked gay loving God hating abomination of a nation.
>>
>>79686289

So was I bro. What was your MOS/rank/experience like?

I was a supply corporal and thought the Marines suffered from all the BS you just said about the seals. Very little honor left in the US military at all these days.
>>
>>79686632

6413/Cpl/Drunk

Never saw action, went to Japan a lot. The best Marines I met were in MCT. amazing men. Fucking amazing. Balls of steel, and their physical fitness was phenomenal. And honor. That quiet, humble honor that does not need to prove itself. I regret a little bit not going into the grunts, not trying out for Recon (which I could have done).

I never tried to fool myself or anyone else about who I was or what I did, or was capable of. There was no need. I did my job and that was it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.