[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the purpose in society for fuckers like this? If it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: clockworkdouche.jpg (90 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
clockworkdouche.jpg
90 KB, 1600x900
What is the purpose in society for fuckers like this?

If it is immoral to "train" them to be good, what are we to do? Just let them continue raping and murdering innocents? I've always hated this book/movie (they're surprisingly similar for Kubrick) because there is no character development at all, among anyone involved. Alex "recovers" from his "punishment." He'll be back on the streets causing shit again.

I understand the looming darkness of government playing Alex as a pawn, but on a small scale level, there's nothing redeeming about Alex's "humanistic" savagery. I won't sympathize with him in that regard, only in that he is another cog in the government's big machine. But a shitty one at that.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>79678499
>2 posts by this ID
>>
>>79677703
Alex actually gets sick everytime he tries to commit violence, he is cured by being manipulated

The point of the story is that the most violent, brutal, and inhumane crime in the book its actually what is done to him
>>
>>79679855
see, I was right when I said blacks can be literate. Good post, Argentina!
>>
its all fun and games until your in the chair
>>
>>79679855
>m-m-muh freedom to make choices to kill innocents!

But of course those he killed, who had any future choices taken away from them permanently, didn't suffer philosophically more than poor Alex who got his shit pushed in for fucking with people who didn't deserve it.
>>
>>79677703
>If it is immoral to "train" them to be good, what are we to do? Just let them continue raping and murdering innocents?

no we lock them up forever or kill them

records exist for this reason
>>
>>79677703
Alex has a free beautiful and savage spirit. His disgusting and dreary society puts a stop to his shenanigans for the greater good... BUT his society is just as savage as him only more dead on the inside. Everyone around him is just as bad as him if not worse.

If you actually notice, Alex is an expression of the Nietszchian will to power while the society is dead hypocritical soulless nihlism

>muh character development

Fucking highschool level criticism
>>
>>79679855
He was only pretending to be cured... Look closer

I watched the film 7 times
>>
File: contemplative.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
157 KB, 516x440
>>79680348
That's part of the ethical dilemma. Is it moral to take away another person's free will if their free will is likely to infringe on other people's?

Are you better or worse than Alex, basically.
>>
>>79680914
>The Ludovico technique is a fictional aversion therapy from the novel A Clockwork Orange administered by a "Dr. Brodsky" at the Ludovico medical facility, with the approval of the UK Minister of the Interior.[1] It involved forcing a patient to watch, through the use of specula to hold the eyes open, violent images for long periods, while under the effect of a nausea-, paralysis-, and fear-inducing drug. The aim of the therapy was to condition the patient to experience severe nausea when experiencing or even thinking about violence, thus creating an aversion to violent behaviour.

>The therapy renders the protagonist of the novel, Alex, incapable of violence even in self-defense, and unable to touch a naked woman or think about having sexual intercourse. In the original novel, Alex is accidentally conditioned against all classical music due to the background score of the films. In the 1971 film, he is conditioned only against Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. "Ludovico" is the Italian equivalent of the German name "Ludwig"; it is possible the name was selected for this reason.
>>
>>79681252
I don't see it as deep of an ethical dilemma as some wish to make it in reference to this story.

If you take free will as something absolutely good, then the answer is clear: restrict those who try to pervert this goodness, even if you must sacrifice their own free will (prison, etc.). This is a natural conclusion to make in both utilitarian thought and via categorical imperative. It benefits both society and individuals (the victims of Alex), at the expense of one individual.

The reason this story is shit at creating any ethical dilemma is because the things Alex pursued: money, sex, excitement; were things he could obtain within the confines of his society. He was no outlaw because he pursued the natural human desires, but because he did it in a way that infringed on the ultimate good: free will and/or happiness.

If you don't think free will is good then the debate is pointless anyway. Either way Alex a shit who has no claim on injustice.
>>
>>79677703
They serve no purpose, I wouldn't shed a tear if fuckers like that were dragged into the streets and shot.

I didn't interpret the movie as trying to show anything redeeming in Alex. It's just a pessimistic/realistic message that the government uses quick fixes and takes on moral crusades not to help the public, but only to advance their own interests.
>>
>>79677703
>>79678499
Good is subjective

"Good" is whatever is most convenient to government's monopoly of force
>>
>>79681252

It's not a dilemma

It's a matter of weighing outcomes

Alex and his gang were a group of anarchistic violent thugs with no greater purpose on this earth than to cause chaos and pain on those around them for their entertainment.

We punish people like that in kind because we are trying to live in a civilized society. There is more at stake than some petty personal enjoyment.
>>
>>79682352
its not about free will, is about perversion
>>
>man asylums are pointless
>man where did all these crazies come from

People like this should be forced to live out in the woods growing crops or wood carving. We used to do that to them in the 70-80's but it was deem cruel.

You know what they did with all the mental patients when the asylums closed down? Gave them apartments and welfare, and let them go.

Now you know why the average canadian is a fucking retard.

It's hilarious because they are actually bringing asylums back, but with a new name due to the huge white youth homeless epidemic.

Apparently you are crazy if you can't afford rent.
>>
>>79679855
I'm a fan of his work. But basically Alex was cured but it was actually society that was the most depraved. It was one of those there's more going on then your seeing.

I also feel it was a telling of that time. Youths were sexual deviants motivated by society pressure and lived with parents who were barely parents. The ending shows that he was back to normal.
>>
>>79683037
What kind of perversion?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.