[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the job hunt going /pol/? Trump save us edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 590x300
How's the job hunt going /pol/?

Trump save us edition.
>>
No luck yet. Some anons told me to try security, so I'm checking stuff out in that section. Got a mail in thing for a trade school. It says I can learn from home. Might try and get an actual skill like plumbing or electrician.
>>
>>79657494
What trade can you learn from home?
>>
>>79657218
Fucked/10.
>>
>>79657218
My work from home job makes wage slavery a bit more bearable.

But it's still slavery so it sucks.
>>
>>79657218
>WAAAH I CAN'T GET A JOB
I did this at 18 in the middle of the global financial crisis while homeless without a birth certificate, university degree, or trade degree.

Stop being a fuckhead and get a random labor job to get you by. Just walk into a workplace and ask if THEY need help with something, it won't take you more than a day to get a job. It may not be that much and you may have to rent a room in a poor part of town, but it's better than being a worthless NEET or homeless.

Then get some financial books (Rich Dad Poor Dad is a good one, read Trump's books not just crippled america and art of the deal, eventually move into investing and real estate books or whatever you fancy) and start to work on that.

I don't need to work that much now senpai. A 14 hour a week job at a supermarket is good enough, and the rest comes in the form of monthly real estate packages (I have quite a few houses). I also have pretty good savings thanks to the sale of houses.

At this rate I should be set to completely retire by 32, and I'll almost certainly continue my work during that.

You faggots might see me as bragging, but I'm really trying to point out that you don't need to go around and beg for jobs from rich pricks. Play the game, don't let the game play you. You'll be happier for it.
>>
>>79657218
Lol:
2013 - $20k
2014 - $35k
2015 - $50k
2016 - just shy of $30k so far :D

Around June of next year I'll be moving to Colorado, Oregon, Nevada, or California to make more $$. It'll be a pay cut initially, but after 5 years I'll be making about $35/hour, so totally worth it.

I really don't see why people keep complaining about the economy. I moved to Montana because some areas have unemployment of around 3%, being the second time I moved for work. Are you people just to scared to move for work? What gives?
>>
>>79658304
So how did you buy real estate? With money you saved while working shit jobs?
>>
>>79658705
easy, he's a liar who doesn't understand that banks rarely lend money on investment properties unless the applicant is putting down 50% capital.
>>
>>79658409
>Are you people just to scared to move for work?
>Yes good goy, abandon your family to get some more crumbs, Why do you need a family when you can please your boss? You don't need to ask your family for help to take care of your children, we will take care of them, and teach them alot of stuff!!! Good goy!!
>Homeland?! what is that? i don't know anything about that bad goy!
>>
>>79658939
>easy, he's a liar
no shit
>>
Got a job putting stuff on shelves in a supermarket. Its gay af but at least I'll be getting money now
>>
>>79658304
I have a job but thanks for the bump.
>>
But I have a job OP
And I'm planning to go get my masters degree so I can move up in my field.

Do people really get out of school and not find a job within the year?
>>
>>79657218
It isn't.
>>
>>79658705
A combination of building trust with lenders, not being a fuckwit in terms of finance, and learning the basics of how people work.

First of all, I've never bought a house outright. I find people willing to sell (normally people very much down on their luck who want to get rid of it very soon) and then find someone willing to buy. I then strike out a deal with the seller for much less than the house is worth (My personal minimum is 25%, which isn't hard to find) and put down 15% of the cost of the house to the lender, they give me the money, I buy the house and sell it later that day. After I've paid back the lender everything's golden.

For Finance, it's easy if you're not an idiot. Read books about it, find people who know what they're doing. I could write down everything but I'd rather not spend 45 minutes doing it.

With the basics of how people work, it's easy. Find what they want, skew what they want to what you actually want, and take advantage of them. With how many people don't know shit about real estate these days it's pretty easy to fool them (especially with the heavy stigma towards rich people that ends up causing poor people to never actually do anything that will help them).

>>79658939
50% capital is only if they have no trust at all with you and you're essentially coming off the street. If you make friends and show that you're not an idiot you can easily bring that down to 30% first time and bring it down even more once they know you will move heaven and earth to get their money.
>>
>>79659457
and how can we believe you? Post proof.
>>
>>79658971
it's america, the entire fucking country is our homeland.

>>79659457
"hey ted why did you let this guy with the minimum wage job, terrible credit, and complete lack of capital take out a loan for real estate speculation?"
"because he's muhhh friend boss!"

lolololol
do you even have a bank account?
>>
>>79657218
Unemployment is less than 5%. If you don't have a job in this economy, you have fucked up.
>>
>>79657218

Not bad.
Got multiple companies calling me up every once in a while, and I ain't even looking for a new job.

Will probably switch in a few months.
>>
You don't want a job.
>>
File: 1463615999891.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463615999891.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>79657218
Drove from small town in PA last week to Michigan just for a second interview in my field... didn't get it.

"Thank you for taking the time to interview with **** last week. We have made the decision to move in another direction with regard to our IT needs; we will keep your resume on hand in the event your skillset is a fit for future needs.

Regards,

I have started my own business but I have no idea what I am doing. I understand my customers needs but not how to reach them...I just need some money and a store front, or atleast a company van..Something anything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRGJDb-30C8&spfreload=5
>>
For Anglos like me its piss easy- go abroad for a few years and teach English. Have gf and students teach you the language and set yourself up as a freelance translator.
>>
>>79659898
>Unemployement

>not looking at workforce participation and underemployment

You're either a retard or a shill.
>>
>>79657494
Electricians make bank.
>>
>>79660379
What is the problem with unemployment numbers? 5% is incredibly good, mate.
>>
>>79657218
Florida here. Unable to find anything outside of customer service wihout a bachelor's. Currently researching going back to school to finish my bachelor's
>>
>>79660379
>You're either a retard or a shill.
And you are an entitled little college educated moron. Go to school for 3 fucking weeks for a CDL and get a job for 40k a year to start. No work my fuckin ass.
>>
>>79657218
Not well. I'm still waiting to hear back from the manager of a small company. Interview went okay, I think I showed a good amount of interest in the company despite it being outside of my field. We made some small talk, answered the typical interview questions correctly and she asked me for references at the end which is usually a good sign.
Sadly my references didn't tell me that they spoke to the manager as I'm sure they would've informed me. I'll call Tuesday to see if she received my references, but I regret not checking up on that on Friday. It's only because she said she'd get back to me in the "next few days" and I over-thought following up. I've been praying a lot and abstaining from vices... I want it bad.
>>
>>79658409
How is Montana? I hear it's a beautiful state and I'd love to visit but idk what kind of work I'd be able to find. (Comp Sci major)
>>
>>79660546
I have a bachelors in Political Science and customer service still won't hire me.
>>
>got criminology bachelor's degree recently
>25 years old
>realize you don't want to work in law enforcement or law too late
>have no experience
>weak physically and mentally, afraid of failures so much that i'm anxious to do anything

i am so depressed because i have no idea what to do anymore. i have almost no skills and i need to start working soon.

i just want to have a car, comfortable life and a job that i like doing, i have no big ambitions ...but i have no idea what i would be good at and be happy doing it

please help

what's the fastest carpenting-related skill that i can learn and work with?
>>
File: 88966662.png (22 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
88966662.png
22 KB, 800x600
Job hunt? Not likely.
>>
>>79660797
I'm going for business. Accounting, to be precise. There's a lot of demand here as more and more (((bankers))) move in
>>
>>79660846
Fixing Iphones and Laptops
>>
>>79660531

Unemployment is only a fraction of people out of work.

It goes up to about 20% if you consider everyone of working age that does not have a job.
>>
>>79657612
Computer shit
>>
Self-employed hue here, gaining a decent amount for huezil standards.
Was unemployed until a month ago, but, a well qualified professional like me rarely stays unemployed for too long.
>>
>>79657218
Put out 15 applications last monday. Got 3 callbacks during that day. Did the interviews and selected the job that I preferred.

I start next week.
>>
>>79660846

join the army
>>
File: 1431031819821.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1431031819821.gif
14 KB, 633x758
Majored in English and looking to change career to IT because my field has been overtaken by leftists degenerates.
>>
>>79657494
>try security
Not really a good goal. It pays shit and it's not particularly easy to get.
The benefit is that it's an easy job and you can spend a lot of time not working.
>>79657494
>Might try and get an actual skill like plumbing or electrician
This is real shit that will pay twice or more what any security job would get you.
>>79661494
>paying a college to study computer shit at home
College is for degrees and networking. You can learn programming and shit better in your own time and not spend thousands of dollars.

t. compsci major that works in security.
>>79660846
Do you have a license and can you use your parents car?
If you can get a B class license options open up. Drivers are in demand.
Forklift certification will also move you into the liveable wage section and there's huge demand for it.
You'll just have to get over your anxiety and fear of failure.
>>79661745
>army
>weak physically and mentally
>>
>>79661490
>let's count housewives and people not looking for work in unemloyment for shit an giggles xD

The unemployment was always counted as people who were actively looking for work. But suddenly it becomes a problem, why?

>>79661862
>major in english
kek

>blaming his problems on muh leftism overrun
kek
>>
>>79662292

It only counts people collecting Job Seeker's Allowance, here.

If you're not eligible for it, or don't want it, you're not counted as unemployed.
>>
File: 1333525202154.jpg (60 KB, 560x642) Image search: [Google]
1333525202154.jpg
60 KB, 560x642
>>79657218
I just landed a job helping people that don't speak english file for medicaid and other programs.
It's good and works well with my schedule.
>tfw engineering student
>most valuable asset atm is spanish
>>
Got a job working low-level technical support job in a food store for the summer recently.

It's alright, I literally just reboot stuff if it goes wrong.
>>
Got my masters in May and keep getting rejected. Feels pretty bad, man. I even apply out of state because fuck Florida.
>>
>>79662292
Fell for the become a professor meme. Better I learned now before I went the masters route.

Not like I care I have no wife or kids to look after.
>>
>>79662525
>can't find skilled labor in Florida

The fuck did you study? The job market in Florida is literally full of jobs if you aren't doing brainless work.

Or it could be
>Florida education
>>
>>79662525

What's your field of study? Because Florida definitely sucks a bag of dicks. Have you considered moving up the coast to a place like Raleigh or Charlotte?
>>
>>79660786
I wouldn't move to one of the rural areas without having a job lined up. As far as the "major" cities go, it's something like:

Billings - 150k metro area, east of the continental divide, semi-arid climate with a few 'island' Mountain ranges within 100 miles. If you have a pulse you can get a job. It is in Yellowstone county, however, which contains a substantial portion of the Crow reservation. Obviously the most diverse city in the state, and because there are three oil refineries in the county there is a fairly stable blue collar economy.

Bozeman - college town surrounded by the typical "Montana" scenery, what with the Bridger Bowl, Gallatin Gateway, etc. all right there. Harder to get a job than in Billings, higher rent, but there are more "white collar" jobs here. It def. has a rhinestone cowboy vibe to it.

Missoula - you'll have to put in a c.v. to get a job at subway.

Butte - obviously has the most cultural significance out of any city in the state. Beautiful old buildings everywhere. Real rough and tumble, has a strong rust belt vibe. Crap economy.

And, of course, all of Montana is isolated, groceries are more expensive here, and the wages tend to be lower than say Minnesota, Oregon, Colorado, etc.
>>
>>79662768
I had an internship at a local hospital my last semester of the program. I had great feedback from all the IT managers yet for some reason it's HR that won't hire me.

I live in a shitty part of the state - where the Orlando shooter is from - if that tells you anything. I refuse to go to Miami. I'd rather start heading north than south.
>>
>>79662966
Healthcare informatics

I just returned from an interview in Missouri at a big corporation, but I just found out before the weekend that I didn't get it.
>>
If you live near an airport you should be able to find a job even if you are uneducated and don't have any skills.
>>
>>79657218
Sucks.

Around 30 people zerg over each and every open job offer.
>>
Working at 2 am
Thanks for asking
>>
Over 400 applications in my drawer, nothing yet.
>>
Got a factory job, currently doing nightshift and maybe working 10 minutes per hour rest I doodle in my tiny notebook or shit up threads here.
>>
>>79664364
Just 30? Ha!
>>
>>79663119

McKesson?
>>
File: 7 (123).jpg (190 KB, 670x701) Image search: [Google]
7 (123).jpg
190 KB, 670x701
>>79657218
I feel like a retarded waste of space, graduated with a general Biology degree, now I just surf the internet and work on my "art". I've made some bad decisions, OP. Homelessness is inevitable since there's no life insurance or trust fund lined up for me.
>>
>>79657218
I'm applying to grad school right now. Am I still considered a NEET?
>>
Waiting to get called into another job for the carpenters union, I only make $15 an hour now but Ill make $30 after 4 years, and $100 an hour if I move back to NYC
>>
Took two months, but two of the positions I was actually interested in resounded and two recruiters contacted me, too. Working on some bullshit personality and aptitude test for Reynolds and Reynolds. About to start the last section.
>>
>>79669035
Is it really worth living in NYC though?
>>
>>79661701

This week on the Chronicles of Chad
>>
>>79658304
Well, you forgot that you're Australian and you weren't it by the global crisis.

>take the bull by the horns meme
I would love to see your sorry ass survive a day in Southern Europe.
>>
>>79671332
*hit
>>
>>79669589
Are you kidding me? I live in NYC and make $10 hourly, cash. I barely survive but given how frugal I am I still end up with a net savings of about $5,000 per year. Its absolutely nothing but just wanted to paint a picture for you that making $30 an hour is fucking great, even in NYC
>>
>>79669582
Lol I interviewed at r&r twice in houston. 30 to 35k is range. Took a similar job. Seemed strict but nice and conservative. Good luck.
>>
>>79658971
There are some places that are next to impossible to find work. I lived in the boondocks for 15 years and struggled with shitty pay and 0 job security. Even worse you're completely fucked if you don't have a vehicle or it dies, and keeping a car on the road is a bitch when you make jack shit and get laid off all the time.
After a while I got sick of it and moved to a city for work. My life got a 1000 times better as a result. Small town appeal isn't what its cracked up to be. Your family would rather see you come home on the holidays as a successful person instead of seeing you wake up on their couch every day.
>>
>>79668885
do medical sales nigger. good wage bio required
>>
>>79669589
yeah, especially when you're making $100 an hour as a union carpenter. I was born and raised there, its my home, and I miss it to fuck.

>>79671536
where do you live in NYC? I'm from staten island. there's a shit ton of work coming up for the local 20 carpenters and laborers, check it out, you start at i think $30-$40 an hour and hit $60 with the laborers after a few years
>>
I've got two seasonal jobs if that counts for anything.
>>
File: 864316835.jpg (558 KB, 1689x1069) Image search: [Google]
864316835.jpg
558 KB, 1689x1069
>>79657218
>Used to be NEET
>Got job at walmart and save for a few years
>Finished Computer Science Degree at community collage, no debt
>Had IT job over year now.
>Currently closing on a comfy home so I can move out this fall
>Just need to find a red pilled white girl to add to my house
>>
>>79671852
you agree to a job regardless of your intentions of staying.
moron.
>>
>>79671852
WHY ARE YOU GRAY
>>
File: 1421944204569.gif (1 MB, 227x136) Image search: [Google]
1421944204569.gif
1 MB, 227x136
>>79672778
Living the dream, anon.
>>
I just want to share that you guys shouldn't apply to jobs with an HR department. I noticed over time that every interview/job I've gotten, it was due to the manager themselves seeing my resume. Just for anyone that may feel that they're not qualified at anything. Remember that 100% of "HR" is out to hire a friend/relative.

Your chances remain the same whether you apply to only non-HR-having companies or not. Might as well save the time/energy.
>>
>>79673806
Also over 90% white with less than 200 niggers(.005% of pop) in this small town and half of them are in jail anyway.
>>
>>79657218
I'm a janitor at a local lab.

I'm good t b h mate.
>>
>>79672778
>Just need to find a red pilled white girl to add to my house
be very careful anon, be very very careful

a lot of people 'settle'
>for fatties
>for sjw's
>for batshit insane bitches

watch out buddy, your dreams are built on sand
>>
I teach HS and it's a great job when it's great and really awful when it's not. Pay is reasonable. Teaching summer school this year. We're the only class in the entire HS, which is nice, like having school in a cabin.
>>
>>79674293
Sadly some places DO require a HR department. I had an interview once with the actual company manager and he was a complete fucking cunt.

Seemingly I have gathered that the manager is trying to sell up so no doubt things are going so wrong there...no wonder considering how much of an asshole that manager was.
>>
Just got a job like a month after graduation. The kicker? I went to art school. 3d animator.

Hour and a half commute is a bitch though.
>>
>>79674734
This is why I stick to smaller but successful local companies. I know it seems like corporations are the best bet as far as the number of "opportunities"but they're the worst with nepotism. I just don't bother anymore.
>>
>>79674977
>This

I never saw anyone but my future boss in my interviews. We have HR but our managers are in total control of the hiring and interviews.
>>
File: Front.jpg (149 KB, 710x704) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
149 KB, 710x704
>>79657218
Honestly? Laid off last week (Photoshop/CSS work) and haven't started looking yet. Getting real fucking sick of the whole cycle of looking for a job, getting my hopes up this could be a reliable income, getting laid off for bullshit reasons outside my control, and then starting again from the beginning.

If anyone has any alternative ways to earn a living, I'm all ears.
>>
>>79672778
I'm going to rebuild it so help me Trump
>>
File: 10238192830.jpg (11 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
10238192830.jpg
11 KB, 220x229
>Trying to find job
>Can't find anything because no jobs in the area
>Parents take this to mean I have a mental illness
Wish the economy would crash so they'd know how hard it actually is.
>>
>>79657218
Currently working part time as a security guard while I wait for my Navy board to probably [spoiler]reject[/spoiler] me.

Redpill me on teaching English in a foreign country if they do.
>>
>>79657218
unless you are satisfied with working at a fast food/call center/ big chain retail... or next in line when somebody dies/retires, your options are fairly limited

there are no great wars, technological progress has almost entirely eliminated physical labor and minimum wage has removed the jobs that had a low profit margin

there isn't really much in the way of ground breaking inventions anymore, cars have more accessories built in them than the household had 100 years ago... cellphones have touch screens that can access the entirety of recorded human knowledge to which we pretty much only use by attaching to a stick and taking the same god damn selfie every time

the real trouble is not in finding (((real))) work, because it doesn't exist, the real task is to create work at a scale large enough for the operation to survive without it suffocating under itself

I've railed off about a dozen different ideas to my college professors, doctors, MPs, family and past co workers/bosses... but since they've already got relatively secured income, they don't give a shit
>>
File: boomers.jpg (172 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
boomers.jpg
172 KB, 500x433
>>79657218
I've been unemployed for nearly 4 months after my temp job at a factory dried up. (Good riddance. Hard labor and shit pay)
I had to pay a 2k school bill and got it paid. Then I decided to transfer to a cheaper school but I am gonna have to take out loans for dorm fees and other stuff
>21
>Electrical Engineering student with 54 credits
>Couldn't get a job for 4 months and nearly 6 months before that
>Basically have been unemployed for a year
>190$ to my name and going to school upstate

I was applying everywhere, Internships, technician jobs, retail, dunkin doughnuts, fucking McDonalds and never got hired. Although I got hired by toys R us during Christmas but it was a waste of time and they only gave me 70 hours over 3 months.

I am going back to school and if that shit doesn't work out idk wtf i'll do. Seriously fuck this economy
>>
Have a scheduled appointment with my local marine recruiter on Wensday. I hope to god that I score decently on the ASVAB test; I really don't want to go in as an infantryman.
>>
File: nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg (35 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg
35 KB, 396x388
>>79672778
>Need to move out
>Have two months to save enough money to pay off two student loan payments and enough for a small apartment
>Parents are dicks who just want me out of their lives and don't care where I go or what I do
>If I don't move out by the fall they're kicking me out anyway
>Literally have nowhere else to go
>>
>>79679247
>Peacetime Marine
Why? As someone else going through the recruitment process, literally the only draw that Marines have is that you get to say you're a Marine. They have the shittiest pay, advancement potential, quality of life, job selection, they value you the least, and you get the least say in where you go/what you do.

If you specifically don't want to be infantry, I can't even imagine why you'd want to go Marine.
>>
>>79679247
If you don't score well go to navy or airforce and try again.
>>
>>79679708
Ive heard from friends that the boot camp is a lot more intense which means that there will be a lot less non-Whites and faggots that I will have to deal with.
>>
File: 1456967877731.png (749 KB, 1023x656) Image search: [Google]
1456967877731.png
749 KB, 1023x656
>>79657218
fucked
>>
>>79679787
I only weigh 145 pounds and have no muscle mass. Is it possible to get into a branch that doesn't care about that on very short notice? Like 1 - 2 months time?
>>
File: 1425919750601.jpg (176 KB, 702x886) Image search: [Google]
1425919750601.jpg
176 KB, 702x886
>work for 3 years straight saving 2k every month
>quit job
>travel for 6 months
>go to yukon
>get job day 1

getting a job is easy if you are not a total fucking retard

But seriously, if you go to whitehorse now you can find good work easily.
>>
>>79680126
Wew.

Please do yourself a favor and look into other branches.
>>
>>79679456
I don't know why you guys don't go military
Especially if you can't find a good job after college
Commission as an officer get like 31k a year and most of your loan forgiven. On top of that you get your cost of living paid for no matter where they send you.

I am this guy>>79678191
The only reason I haven't enlisted is because I am a year away from a 2 year and in an engineering major. It would make no sense to enlist this close to a 4 year degree. But the great thing with the military is its always there as an option for young men.

>>79680126
wew lad
Check your attitude and square your shit away
>>
>>79680236
Most people have to worry about weighing too much.
To anyone looking to join the military these are STRICT truths
>Look for the job you want from now
>Don't go in with open contract or they will send you anywhere they want
>Do NOT sign up for a 6 year contract always 4 (People miss re-enlistment bonuses all the time by a few months difference)
>Start working out before you go to BMT
>>
>>79680126
i'm telling you as a former marine and former navy mechanic: fuck the marines in peace time. they give you the freedom to do your job on the ground if there's a fight, but once it's over they want to kick you out and replace you with people that never question anything or try to improve their jobs. I've lost pay for a training exercise that ran a few hours long due to a dangerous road, and I've seen two of my soldiers kicked from a board for not having the latest version of a document printed, despite being deployed and a few hundred miles from a printer before arriving. while in the navy my promotion is competitive against everyone in my rate, and test based instead of a bullshit dick sucking contest. . . . that said the navy sucks balls join the airforce or the army unless you want to go nuke or mech/boiler/welder. The service only kicks ass when it's short on people, the rest of the time its a money making scheme for the defense contractors they pay to do your job while you mop and move shit between containers.
>>
>>79657218
>not having a medical degree
Enjoy welfare/working a starbucks
>>
>>79680265
Beware this BS. The oil market ain't good. I'm working North Dakota and our pay and hours are slack compared to the last half decade boom. You gotta time this kind of work right. Heading up here or to godforsaken Yukon without a sure thing is dangerous as hell come winter.
>>
>>79681749
>I don't know why you guys don't go military
Because I'm underweight and can't bulk up like a guy should be able to. In high school I tried but ended up looking like a buff girl instead.
>>
I use to work as a crane operator but hated doing that.
So when I got laid off I just became a neet for a bit. Finally joined the military. Only problem is that I don't start till August so I'll need to figure a way to save enough money till then
>>
>>79682473
>cares what people will think he looks like.
>Isn't worried about getting through BMT
If you can meet the standards and get through BMT all you have to worry about is tech school, then 4 years of whatever job you picked.

>Job security
>Base pay is basically is all liquid and you don't spend much of it
>Loan forgiveness
Look into it my friend
>>
>>79657218

Old friend came to me out of the blue with a cushy job in family finance.

Pretty gud familia
>>
>>79682818
>tech school
I don't have any money though, and I don't have any time for any schooling.
>>
>>79662292
>The unemployment was always counted as people who were actively looking for work. But suddenly it becomes a problem, why?

Anon didn't explain it well. Those not participating in the workforce for whatever reason are ~40% of the population. That includes housewives and pensioners. Unemployment, those who would take work if they could find work, is ~20%. The official unemployment rate of ~5% counts only those who have been out of work but looking for work within the last 4 weeks. After 4wks of unemployment you get moved to an unreported table called "U6". After six months of unemployment you get dropped from the census completely.
>>
File: TSA.jpg (40 KB, 512x364) Image search: [Google]
TSA.jpg
40 KB, 512x364
>>79657218
Finishing up the last step of processing to join the TSA
>>
>>79674607
this guy knows
>>
>>79682642
How old are you.
I am worried by the time I join or get my degree I'll be in my late 20's

>>79682958
>I don't have any money though
tech school is free and really an extension of BMT. Whatever job you picked or got chosen for (Again don't go in open contract). The military trains you for that job at tech school. Depending it can be 1 or 3 months or maybe 8 to a year.
Your getting paid while there too. I am serious my biggest regret is listening to my parents who are about to let me go into debt for school. I wouldn't have to deal with this and I'd have the GI bill.

>>79683114
Enjoy feeling dudes dicks for your pleasure
>>
>>79682419
yeah, but I am talking about tourism, lumber, gold, fire fighting, construction and other things.

You have a few months of work if you come now, and you can write off travel expenses on your tax return.

But once the winter comes... yeah you do not want to be here. You will cry and freeze and be miserable without a job.

I came here living in a car, I did not have any fixed address.
>>
>>79660287

Keep your head up anon. We're all gonna make it, brehs.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.