[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people fall for the suburban meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 25
File: ats-banner.png (664 KB, 989x363) Image search: [Google]
ats-banner.png
664 KB, 989x363
So I noticed in a thread that nothing is within walking distance if you live in a suburb. Why are suburb designed this way?

I live in a housing society like pic related and it's the best thing ever. My area is about half an hour away from two major cities where all the jobs are (Noida and Delhi). There are about 4 different malls within walking distance so I don't have to use a car unless I'm buying the month's supplies. Commute is extremely cheap (about 15 cents for a ride to both cities in a shared auto). All the apartment complexes (we call them societies) are gated with 24x7 security. I've never seen a crime in our society for the last 7 years I've lived here.

There is a shopping complex built in my society so I don't have to walk 50 steps for practically all my needs. I only visit the mall for monthly supplies or the restaurants. And the apartments aren't overly expensive. You can find two-bedroom homes in most highrises for about $60k. I live in a comfy 3-bedroom-3-toilet flat of about 2200 sqft and it's value is about $140k.

So again, how am I, a poo-in-loo, living better than most suburban Americans? Why don't you demolish the single-story homes and set up these wonderful marvels of capitalism?
>>
>>79633573

Because most people see living in the downtown as not having status; as in being poor

Vehicles + big houses = muh middle class freedum
>>
>>79633573
Gated communities exist in the us too
>>
People like suburbs because of the lack of human interaction. Every poo in loo in that building has a poo in loo on every side
>>
>>79633573
>my society
>>
>skyscraper commieblock buildings
>suburban

ya nah mate try crapping in a toilet some time
>>
youre not living better, just different. american suburbs are spread out because we all have cars and enjoy to drive them. it is part of our culture. we like having our own properties, with our own lawns and pools. you need to live spread out to support that lifestyle.
>>
I live in a Suburb near a major city and I work there.

Does that count?
>>
If you don't live in the center of a major city you are a fucking farmer.
>>
>>79633573
A FUCKING POOH!
>>
>>79633573
Tide living in England where everything is so crowded that even our suburbs are in walking distance of everything.
>>
>>79633573
There isn't shit and garbage everywhere, that isn't India and those places (clean ones) don't exist there
>>
>>79633685
That is true only because the downtown is associated with crime and filth. There is a village right across the road from my area yet they know their place and there's almost no crime in the area. Since the place's packed with voters, politicians do well to keep police presence high.

>>79633759
There's no interaction if you want it. Unless you want help from your neighbours, no one's forcing you to socialize.

>>79633765
It's our word for a gated apartment complex with multiple towers.
>>
File: 1467264529978.jpg (58 KB, 506x532) Image search: [Google]
1467264529978.jpg
58 KB, 506x532
>>79633573
Where do I store my fishing boat?
Or my dirt bike?
Where does my rose or vegetable garden go?
I don't think my swimming pool or bar b que pit will fit well in the living room.
Can I work on my car in the parking garage? Is there even a parking garage?
Atleast theres plant of grass in the courtyard for my horse to eat, I'm guessing I can keep it there.
Theres a gun range in the basement right?
>>
File: 1464235219788.jpg (134 KB, 788x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464235219788.jpg
134 KB, 788x1000
>>79633573

Americans like our freedom, and we also like innovating and trying new things. After WWII, we got really obsessed with cars and the suburban development model as an ideal, and basically the meme stuck. Now many many institutions and laws keep the suburban building model in place, and other types of planning (like tall dense towers) are illegal.

Attitudes are changing, though.
>>
>>79633573
Because cities are full of nigger savages in America.
>>
>>79634403
I can't help but feel we should have noticed our ideal life post ww2 was not sustainable.
>>
>>79634403
There's a locality not far from me where they just got done knocking down a bunch of old buildings and planting yuge commieblocks. Of course right on a major bus line, and all UN Agenda 21 style stuff so they never have to move more than 50' from their microapartments to suck starbucks cock.

But they did absolutely nothing for the roads around it, which were already overloaded and hell. I'm looking forward to how this works out.
>>
>>79633573
Your designated field looks pretty comfy desu
>>
>>79634313
There's a swimming pool and free gym in all societies.You can grow a mini-garden in your balcony. I have about 8 species growing in mine. Yes there's a parking garage and yes you can work on your car there and also store your dirt bike there. Not sure about the fishing boat or the bbq pit.

>>79633841
Then why aren't shops allowed to come up near them?
>>
>>79633573
Even if you live in the Cali burbs, most shopping is only a bike ride away. Or is india too poor to afford bikes too?
>>
>>79633841
Yeah it's a luxury you can afford with all that space, but you need to drive everywhere.
>>
>>79633981
Yes I am, farmers of the world should create their own currency and bring you all to starvation.
>>
POO
>>
File: we germans.jpg (80 KB, 756x396) Image search: [Google]
we germans.jpg
80 KB, 756x396
>>79634403
delte dis.
>>
>>79633573
IN
>>
>>79634645
mmmm

big open windy roads
beautiful sunny morning
oh, you ran short of eggs? anything else? A lemon? ok, sure!

WIND
IN MY HAIR
SHIFTING AND DRIFTING

ADRENALINE SURGE

[bass solo intensifies]
>>
>>79633981
why are you shitting on farmers? they litterally feed your cucked ass.
>>
File: Strong Towns.org.jpg (782 KB, 1500x1116) Image search: [Google]
Strong Towns.org.jpg
782 KB, 1500x1116
>>79634509
The suburban planning model isn't sustainable, and many local governments are figuring this out 'cause they're fucking broke. Ironically, human-scale, walkable development and flexible zoning allow a mixture of uses is actually the cheapest and most economically productive design model.

Even the Pooh towers are very costly in terms of public infrastructure vs. tax revenue, and are less able to revitalize and adapt to future situations. They might look good now, but they'll probably be slums eventually. Compare that to old-style neighborhoods with commercial shops on the bottom and residential up-top. Shit looks good no matter what.
>>
Because our system basically incentivizes buying the most expensive house you can afford and paying it off slowly over the next 25 years of your life

>Houses appreciate in value if you take care of it and don't live in the ghetto
>Mortgages have a low interest rate
>Mortgage interest on your primary residence is 100% tax deductible
>That means, if you take advantage of the tax deduction, you're basically getting an interest-free loan

So, if you have a choice between taking a small interest-free loan and investing it for more money, or a large interest-free loan and investing it for more money, you will take the large loan if you're not an idiot.

Then all the money you make off your home investment is cancelled out by the countless hours and money spent on yardwork and maintenance and bending over backwards to appease your homeowner's association, who you are paying to tell you what you can and can't do on your own fucking property.
>>
>>79634630
There's usually shopping districts in the suburbs. What are you talking about?
>>
>>79634638
Walking is cheaper than bikes, and healthier too, and then you have to park your bike in the basement and come up to the mall, and pay a parking fee too. Walking's just easier.

>>79634587
That's a problem here too, but public transport makes it easier. I know many people who are super rich and live in 4-bedroom flats but take the 15-cent shared auto and ride with the plebs. It's just cheaper and easier.

>>79634483
There are nigger-types in India too. The prices are just right that anybody who can afford to live here, knows their place. Streets are well-lit,and there's very little crime.

>>79633831
Why do you call them commie blocks? Most apartment complexes in India are built by private builders.
>>
>>79634630
I have a 9,000 square foot greenhouse- pretty sure I can't put everything on the balcony.
Probably can't fit my walnut and pecan trees there either.
Or the pear, peach, avacodo (although those don't do much) or the blueberry's.
Chickens might get a little pissed being stuck in the spare bedroom .
I'm also working on a new rose cultivar- in order to qualify for an AAR award, I need 250,000 plants available for sale to AAR vendors the first year. Its only a hobby but might turn into a business if successful- but how far would I have to go to rent land to grow those roses? That's about 6 acres worth of pots.
>>
File: Mezzanine_189[1].jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mezzanine_189[1].jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>79634706
>>79635015
>implying we couldn't feed ourselves with urban farming
>>
>>79635173
>I know many people who are super rich and live in 4-bedroom flats but take the 15-cent shared auto and ride with the plebs. It's just cheaper and easier.
That's what they call economic slavery. I was surprised when I got into postdoctoral research how much the autists didn't know about the way the world works.

>Why do you call them commie blocks? Most apartment complexes in India are built by private builders.
Because that's what they are. There's a popular meme here called a private-public partnership. Maybe oligarchblocks would be more accurate, but it's the same shit by a different smell.
>>
>>79635300
have fun dying from nutrient deficiencies elitist slave, can't target everyone doing you harm therefore you go the unprotected class.
>>
>>79635300
Lol, that will feed the people on the first floor of your building, what about the people on the other 35 floors?
Or the building next door...
>>
>>79635300
Questionable soil and plants looking like they half regret growing.

But I'm all for forays into learning how to grow shit.
>>
Face it, both low-density single-family homes and huge commieblocks have certain advantages and disadvantages, but what we really need is the stuff in the middle. (picture related)
>>
>>79634630
>Then why aren't shops allowed to come up near them?

City zoning laws. Ever played the original SimCity game where you drop blocks of Residential, Commercial or Industrial areas? It's similar to that in real life (that was the inspiration for the game). The city planners decide what different areas in the city can be used for. Otherwise, people do obnoxious and stupid things like build a paper mill upwind of everybody's houses or use the most valuable piece of real estate, with a nice view of the St. John's River to build a prison.
>>
>>79635623
I had a whole 600sqft townhouse to myself in college. Everybody, both the poor and rich were super jelly over it.
>>
File: FpV0Whf.jpg (708 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
FpV0Whf.jpg
708 KB, 2592x1456
>>79634197
White Americans generally prefer as much of the natural environment around them as they can afford. I understand that there basically hasn't been 'untouched wilderness' in India in a couple thousand years, but over here we still have an idealization of that sort of space due to out settler culture.

Then there's something called Proxemics, the study of 'personal space'. White Europian cultures have evolved wider personal spaces than standard since the classical period (in theory is is in part due to plagues) however white americans have even LARGER personal spaces, you're expected to stand a good meter away from most people at all times, except when leaning in for a simple handshake.

However, this doesn't even come close to the maximal poximics projection I've ever seen in an ethnicity; the Finish. These are Fins waiting for a bus...
>>
>>79635046
Memes aside, why will they turn into slums? Most people here are rich people in the service industry and I don't see them losing their jobs anytime soon. There's not a single slum encroachment in the entire area and the politicians keep it that way to get elected.

>>79635390
>That's what they call economic slavery
I think it's just us Indian being jews and saving every penny. It's not like everything costs so much that richfags have to travel by bus, but the inherent jewish traits makes them do it anyway.
>There's a popular meme here called a private-public partnership
Interesting. Most complexes here are entirely private-built. Hell, even our roads are maintained by the builders so the richfags can't see the designated shitting streets.
>>
>>79635623

We have those. I'm in a courtyard apartment and currently looking into buying a Duplex and renting out the other side so some poor financial cuck can pay my mortgage.
>>
Walk to do what? Go to McDonald's?

Glad to live in small city with suburbs house, 2 cars and company car. Why would anyone want to live on top of other people?! Do you people hate privacy and quiet?
>>
File: slaves.jpg (970 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
slaves.jpg
970 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1439x452) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1439x452
>>79635623
>but what we really need is the stuff in the middle. (picture related)
plenty of that in the ghettos
cheap too
>>
>>79635851

haha what the fuck that's like how far away you should stand from niggers. Do Finns think everybody is a nigger?
>>
>>79635894
One of the best things my city has done in the past two years or so was finally fix the roads after all the little people kept raising a row about it. I even got a letter in the mail one night because Queen Latisha just quit her city council job because they were only repaving the roads in the jew neighborhoods and not the black neighborhoods.

Private can be good and public can be good. But when they take over a building and call it something like the "City Cooperation Redevelopment Building" even though it's nothing more than jew tricks for black neighborhoods, and you have bought and paid for UN operatives on your city council then you've got a problem.
>>
>>79635851
that looks like sweden with the way everyone is spaced apart
>>
>>79633573
Cute and friendly villages are cis white heterosexuals
>>
>>79635894
The towers over here would be obliged to turned into slums within about 5-8 years as poor black folk were subsidized into the beautiful middle class towers so that even richer people don't feel racist (and also conveniently so the middle class is always on the run from ghetto trash and never gets to form it's own culture/power base to possibly threaten the upper class.)
>>
>>79633981
lol Enjoy your CCTV, faggot.
>>
>>79633573
I'd rather have 50 square feet of my own private yard than share 50 square miles with a bunch of dirty wogs.
>>
>>79635623
The UK is literally just the stuff in the middle due to space limitation and population density, annoying because i want an affordable large detached house
>>
>>79635851
Mate, many people here are complaining that there's too little interaction even in these apartments. I am an autist myself and the only time I interact with people is on festivals when we exchange gifts.

>>79636087
I don't get this. Our homes are concrete-built and I never hear my neighbours ever. I am always surprised to see in American media people getting annoyed by people on other floors. I live on the first floor (above the ground) and there's a parking space right below my home. I could have loud violent sex and no-one would hear a peep. Are American homes made of plastic? Isn't sound proofing a must?
>>
File: st-header.jpg (55 KB, 1026x315) Image search: [Google]
st-header.jpg
55 KB, 1026x315
>>79635823
>both the poor and rich were super jelly over it.
That's why this middle-density stuff is so awesome--It flexible! It can be shitty and cheap, but also super-nice and expensive. Single-family neighborhoods and huge towers aren't nearly as adaptable.

>>79635894
>why will they turn into slums?
Many won't, because India's economy and population is growing BigTime.jpg. But this growth masks an underlying fragility to big towers: if they start falling apart, or becoming less popular, a death-spiral can happen. Because there's only one owner of the property, they can turn to shit really fast. Neighborhoods with many owners don't have that single-point of failure.

>>79635996
>we have those
US zoning, land-use, and minimum parking regulations means we don't have nearly enough. In massive sections of the country, these sorts of developments are straight-up illegal, which is fucked-up and not the American way. If you want to add an extra story to your house, you should be able to do it IMO.

>>79636170
>plenty of that in the ghettos
There's a reason that cities are getting cool again, and poor neighborhoods gentrify.
>>
>>79635851
know anywhere I could read more about evolutionary social theories?
>>
>>79633573
Most things people do are about status and prestige one way or another. In US living in a separate house is apparently expected if you belong to a certain class.
>>
>no light and personal garden
>no cultural activities
literally the worst of both worlds
>>
>>79636603
To be fair I was living alone in my dope townhouse, although I had more than one family man inquire as to how much I paid to live in my tiny castle.

But when family time comes around, a nice proper house in a nice beautiful neighborhood cannot be beat.
>>
Most apartments are built like shit, they are always noisy, and you usually have to deal with poorfags. To get anything decent one has to pay crazy prices to the point that one can get a house for cheaper. I have lived in the suburbs, on a acreage, in apartments, in a condo in block housings, in a house in an old neighborhood and I will say that suburbs are a preferable place to live. The best is to live on a acreage just outside a city or to live in a rich old neighborhood (walking distance to services).
>>
>>79636326
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponte_City_Apartments
Was a very prestigious place to live under apartheid.

The 3 acre courtyard of the cylindrical building was originally planned to have an indoor ski slope.
After blacks moved in, they're were too lazy to take out their trash so they simply threw it out the window.
When it was finally closed, there was a 5 story pile of garbage- dirty diapers, broken beer bottles, etc- in the courtyard.
3rd tallest building on the continent of africa- condemned because of dindus.
>>
>>79636326
I think that's entirely an American problem anda problem of the welfare state. The only poorfags (you can call them India's niggers, but they aren't violent) I see here are those who wash my dishes and take out my trash. If they can't afford the accompanying lifestyle, why would you make them live there?

>>79636488
In a rapey country like India, CCTVs and streetlights keep the niggers in check.

>>79636955
>No cultural activities.
Fucking lol. There are so many cultural activities here I get tired of them. In the week before Holi everyone throws water balloons at you and it's like playing dodge-ball getting to work dry. We celebrate Independence Day, Republic Day, Holi, Diwali, Dussehra, and what not. During India-Pakistan matches they set up a giant screen in the park and it's the best way to see matches.
>>
File: Illegal Housing.jpg (281 KB, 1500x541) Image search: [Google]
Illegal Housing.jpg
281 KB, 1500x541
>>79636535
Most big cities--London, San Francisco--have lots of this 'missing middle' housing, true. Right now zoning, historic preservation rules, parking requirements, height limits all work to prevent new housing supply from being built in those cities.

The market should decide what sorts of buildings and density work best, not politicians or busybody homeowners trying to protect their neighborhood from outsiders. That could mean single-family, missing middle, or big towers. Missing middle tends to be the most resilient and adaptable, but obviously in huge cities like London, big towers are needed.
>>
File: 1464130050064.png (271 KB, 549x650) Image search: [Google]
1464130050064.png
271 KB, 549x650
Do you poo in the central park then?

I agree with you OP btw. There are a lot of advantages living in a highrise, provided your neighbours aren't niggers or muslims.

Not good for raising kids, though.
>>
File: Successes3.jpg (66 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Successes3.jpg
66 KB, 854x480
>>79633981
In your country probably yeah. In mine we have towns/cities hours apart and gigantic highways. Driving 3 hours to a major city or town is normal here. We have a diverse landscape and if you do not have a vehicle here you are literally fucking peasant status - regardless of if you are in a major city or not. Most people own vehicles here before they move out of their parents houses - it's basically required and expected of you to drive.

It's an entirely different culture in North America - Canada even is quite a bit different from the U.S as our towns/cities are spread farther apart from each other. I actually like it this way because I enjoy driving and we have a lot of quiet cut off areas where you can go camping and shit tons of cool backroads to drive on. The traffic density here is only bad in major cities - and even at it's worst is nothing comparable to the traffic density found in major cities in Europe and the U.S. The one province I live in (BC) in terms of land mass is bigger than most European countries - and while the population density is fair a bit less, we have towns fucking everywhere excluding in the farth northern territories - it's common for people to drive for hours upon hours to other towns.
>>
>>79637636
Why not? There's a Karate class in the evenings in the central park. My sister is a second-degree black belt and has won some championships. Also, all her friends are in the society so I don't have to worry about picking up or dropping her and I also know that she won't be getting in with the wrong people
>>
>>79637416
>The market should decide what sorts of buildings and density work best, not politicians or busybody homeowners trying to protect their neighborhood from outsiders.

If locals want to restrain their local economy to protect their ideal culture and history then that should be a choice they're allowed to make, or do you hate FREEDOM?
>>
>>79638032
Gentrification is ruining cheap old mid-level housing in my vicinity. Yay commieblocks 2.0 and a demographic locus swarm, all on the investmentbux of Jewgle and similar.
>>
File: gentrify.png (20 KB, 1000x1003) Image search: [Google]
gentrify.png
20 KB, 1000x1003
>>79638032
In the abstract I agree, but the problem is that if every community uses land-use and zoning restrictions like that, no new housing gets built and everyone gets fucked by high prices and scarce housing. In the US, we need state-level laws that solve the collective-action problem and limit small towns' ability to fuck over everyone.

Some neighborhoods might lose from a freer housing market, true, but overall we're much, much better.
>>
>>79633573
Because you don't have a yard in that garbage. You own very little actual property. In a suburb you can actually get a nice big front and backyard. Also, the population density isn't super high, so your neighbors aren't driving you nuts. You even get a nice garage for a car and extra storage.

Yeah, maybe you have to spend more time traveling to places, but who cares? Every second you are at home you have a better experience.
>>
I can't even imagine how anyone would want to live in a big building filled with stangers. It would be like your home isn't really your's.
>>
How far away is the designated shitting street from you?
>>
>>79633573
No fuck people and fuck densely populated areas. I will never move to a city.
>>
>>79638374
>>79638214
>muh Gentrification

A problem that solves itself economically. If nobody can afford the housing then the owners lose out, unrealistic economic expectations inevitably solve themselves.
>>
>>79638956
Fascism might be more to the point. They don't want to call it that, though.
>>
>>79633573
You know the best way to live, very modern appartment buildings in a closed community.
Ignore the others enjoying their misery and inconvenience.
>>
File: boarding-house-west-554x377.jpg (78 KB, 554x377) Image search: [Google]
boarding-house-west-554x377.jpg
78 KB, 554x377
>>79638813
>No fuck people and fuck densely populated areas. I will never move to a city.
Are you willing to pay the true cost of that lifestyle? Right now the suburbs get subsidized by government in many ways, which isn't fair.

>>79638956
A problem that solves itself economically.
The problem is that the way to solve gentrification--more housing, lower-quality cheap housing--is artificially limited by government policies. The economics should fix it, but the politics won't allow that.
>>
>>79639278
>Right now the suburbs get subsidized by government in many ways, which isn't fair.
Bullshit. Everyone gets taxed.
>>
File: 456768.png (405 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
456768.png
405 KB, 1000x1000
> Live in city (not even a big one), 3rd floor apartment facing the street
> Bar underneath my apartment has last call at 3am, drunk patrons are loud as fuck waiting for taxis until 4 on thursday/friday/saturday
> 5 AM delivery trucks roar in for bar and 7/11 nextdoor every single day
> Trash truck comes and bangs dumpsters for an eternity every thursday
> Can't walk outside for 5 minutes without getting pestered by bums
> Local tribal youth drive around with their bass turned all the way up, splitting eardrums for miles
> Fire engines, ambulances, police sirens constantly

Its not a meme, its common sense.The only normal people who stay in the city after they have enough money to leave are people who can afford high-rise apartments in nice areas. Living in the city fucking blows and I'm moving to somewhere where I can at least sleep in until 7 every morning as soon as I have the money. BTW if you have lived in mommy's basement in the suburbs your while life, you have no right to an opinion on this issue.
>>
>>79639278
I love this "capitalism would fix it but politics won't allow it" meme. Its always so easy to SAY something would work but has never gotten the chance. Its ridiculous.
>>
File: The STROAD.png (242 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
The STROAD.png
242 KB, 663x579
>>79639461
Everyone gets taxed, but suburban residents receive a much larger amount of infrastructure spending than more urban residents. All that pavement is super-expensive! I'm not saying you're a welfare queen, just that sometimes it's not immediately obvious how much the gov't makes the car-centric lifestyle cheaper than it otherwise would.
>>
>>79639802
>suburban residents receive a much larger amount of infrastructure spending than more urban residents
Duh because infrastructure is more expensive and expansive in the suburbs. So what? How much welfare money do you think inner city ghettos receive?
>>
>>79639278
>muh fairness

Lmao grow up
>>
>>79634509

When people are enjoying life, they'll overlook glaring flaws.
>>
File: Swiss.jpg (2 MB, 3827x2505) Image search: [Google]
Swiss.jpg
2 MB, 3827x2505
>>79633573
Have you seen American cities? Suburbs might be awful but they are still an improvement. It's not like they have comfy European cities.
>>
>>79639622
>Living in the city fucking blows and I'm moving to somewhere where I can at least sleep in until 7 every morning as soon as I have the money.

Shit is on you for living in a shit apartment. I live above a busy pedestrian street and hardly hear anything. Just like single family housing, you should check out details before moving in.
>>
>>79633573
Suburbs are cheap but still offer the benefits of a city.

I prefer my small town, has shops, a doctors, schools, everything in walking distance, surrounded by acre upon acre of farmland.

>>79635173
They're called commieblocks because they're cheap shit housing designed to cram as many people into a small a space as possible at the smallest cost. Ex communist countries are packed to the brim with them, horrible places to live. It's like living in a shitty little shed, but up four flights of stairs.
>>
>>79640701
probably looks really shitty and boring on foot
>>
>>79639278

The suburbs are not subsidized.

The highway trust fund is pilfered to fund light rail and public transportation projects for city shitters.

When that fails, good old income and sales tax fills the rest of the subsidy.
>>
>>79640825
By pure coincidence, I live literally one block down and over from a major designated emergency route where I used to be bothered by the noise and the smell of mass transport, emergency vehicles, mexicans running loud lawn care things first thing in the morning, etc.

Now I feel as though I'm living off away in the clouds even though it's just right over the other way. And I even have an entire back yard to use for planting things.
>>
>>79633573
>So I noticed in a thread that nothing is within walking distance if you live in a suburb. Why are suburb designed this way?
Literally to keep blacks and anyone too poor to own a car out.
>>
>>79641105
fox, grapes
>>
File: trumptower.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
trumptower.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
For people calling appartment buildings "commie blocks"
What's your opinion on Trump Tower?
Trump buildings are an example that "commie blocks" can be made luxurious and convenient, better than houses.
>>
>>79641418
Does it have a yard? If not, its not better than a house.
>>
>>79641418
Probably looks nice on the inside, but I wouldn't ever want to live there.
>>
>>79641696
There are some garden there.
And you have Central Park two block away. Huge yard.
>>
>>79641387
i already told you it probably looks like shit and boring on foot. upon looking through pictures this is confirmed. enjoy your boring city i guess, i sure to envy you~~~
>>
>>79641418
Trump tower is for luxuryfags in luxurycity. And the food at the bottom of the escalators is not that good in my experience. And neither is Trump's interior decoration sensibility. But that's his bag. I don't own skyscrapers all over the place.

But what they're building these days literally are reformed commie blocks. In the same way that Stalin had to back off of total lack of personal property ownership in order to maintain stability with the farms, they are having to reform their notion of cucksheds to get people to be happy in their slavery in order to make it work.
>>
Hell is other people, that's why.
>>
>>79641928
Not one where I can plant fruit trees and vegetables at my leisure. I'm not looking for random foliage. I want a garden to work on.
>>
>>79633573
>Being proud of having your mobility limited by wherever the state decided to build a rail line

Don't mind me. I'm just traveling 500 miles to see the country and celebrate with family this weekend. I'll be back at work on Tuesday with no problems
>>
>>79642263
One of my favorite experiences ever was packing as much of my life into my car as I could fit and then listening to the sound of the engine for 500 miles until I arrived where I decided I was going to make a new life.

The first thing that happened was some locals sitting on the porch drinking beers guffawing at me because trying to shut my car's door sounded like the squealing gates to hell. I laughed, too. Good shit.
>>
File: having neighbors meme.jpg (210 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
having neighbors meme.jpg
210 KB, 1024x768
>>79633573

Is the designated street behind the buildings? Can't tell from this pic.
>>
>>79633573
I live outside a small town of 1,125 people, it takes me 30 minutes driving to reach this town. I literally can go days without seeing any one and I like it that way. I have my cattle and goats to take care of along with a mid sized garden. I drive a 2014 super duty and a 2008 John deer. With my parents and grandparents gone it's a lot to take care of but I would not trade it for anything. I've worked this land with my father and grandfather, I'll never give up this way of life.
>TL;DR living in the city is a meme
>>
File: 1452718387500.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1452718387500.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>79641105
>>
>>79644631
You need all kinds anon. You wouldn't have that John Deer or Super Duty if some people didn't suffer city living.
>>
>>79635851
That Finnish introvert meme is a joke. Everyone I know are complete extroverts and live tightly spaces areas like in Pajeet's pic.
>>
>>79644819
That's the importance of bring production back home.

But on the other hand the city slave might build it (actually no he won't because it's not economical to build in the city but rather in CHYNA), and should be payed enough to but it, but the guy who can fix it will always be in high demand.
>>
>grew up in suburbs
>watch dad commute 2 hours each way to and from work
>in socal traffic
>for no good reason
>commute an hour to and from high school for 4 years
>move out
>fuck commuting
>fuck even having a car
>make the effort to live somewhere within walking distance of daily needs and use public transit on occasion

It's pretty sweet. And I save a ton of money on car, fuel, insurance. Blame the Jews OP.
>>
>>79644819
You are right but it's still a choice. Some people choose to live that way and I just can't see how.
>>
>>79645780
>not owning a car
I will always pity people like you.
>>
>>79646111
Why? Driving is a chore. It's not that difficult to live somewhere within walking distance of everything you need daily.

Plus I save a ton of money not having a car. I'm that much closer to becoming an investor NEET this way.
>>
File: 1367104516469.jpg (337 KB, 635x986) Image search: [Google]
1367104516469.jpg
337 KB, 635x986
>>79646111
Try owning two cars you don't need for your daily purposes.

Then you can let your poorfag friends drive them at the simple cost of learning how to drive a standard transmission. And then when they burn the clutch out on one you can just jump in the other to go buy them all groceries.
>>
>>79646289
You have no freedom of mobility. If you need to move shit around you have to rent or borrow. Being that restricted is pretty much the opposite of how anyone should live in the US.

>>79646402
I'll try not be stupid, thanks.
>>
>>79633573
I'd rather live somewhere rural surrounded by trees and not by people, that's why. If I'm going to commute, I'm not going to commute from an overpopulated suburb to an overpopulated city.
>>
>>79646623
>I'll try not be stupid, thanks.
Everybody has to learn somehow.

If you've got an extra shitbox car, then maybe that's a good way for your friends to learn for nothing and then get to do fun shit with them.
>>
>>79646402
I do exactly this. I commute to work by train (which the station I walk to is a whole 10 minute walk down my street) so I really don't need a car. I own a Z4 and a 9-3 for the hell of it basically. I put about 8-9k total per year on them.

It's the greatest feeling in the world only driving because you want to, not because you have to.
>>
>>79633685
Millennials are change that.
>>
File: 1381744535818.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
1381744535818.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
>>79647194
Every day I walk past this qt old black miata and the tires are half-flat.

This kills the crab.
>>
To all the people complaining about noise, that one's on you for not sound-proofing your flat. There are 300 flats in my complex and 44 in my building alone. So I live with about 1200 people in my apartment complex, but I never hear a peep. Because the house I live in was made for rich people. I'm always amazed when burgers complain about hearing their neighbours.
>>
>>79647828
So you sit in your flat, with all the windows shut all the time? That must be fun.
>>
File: 1439233743379.jpg (779 KB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
1439233743379.jpg
779 KB, 2048x1357
fuck you m8. suburban life is comfy as fuck
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.