[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The manchild problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 21
File: 20160628_171115.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160628_171115.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
We have discussed this topic ad nauseum, /pol/, but do you think that the manchild problem (especially with millennials) is being pushed by the corporate power structure and media?

Saw this at the store the other day and it made me do a double take. I can think of a few dozen adult friends who would purchase this without hesitation, but I couldn't imagine actually owning it myself (unless I bought it as a gift for a child). Then I saw the warning label on top of the box and...
>>
It's not for children because projection clocks cause unneeded stimulus in children at night.

Manchildren are corn balls that need to be dealt with, but this one you just have to toss to the side.
>>
being a Manchild is way too fucking comfy.

why bother with all the shit when you can be comfy and wrapped in a blanket?
>>
I'm manchild and ashamed
>>
File: 1439123651314.jpg (249 KB, 1414x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439123651314.jpg
249 KB, 1414x1000
>>79618696
Stop being bitter that men you have been shitting all over for decades decide to spend their money on something other than you and your chad's son.
>>
Who cares though? If they have the money to support themselves and their hobbies good for them.
There are worse things to waste money on than plastic crap
>>
If we've discussed this ad nauseam then you know there is no manchild problem.
>>
File: man child pepe frog.jpg (305 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
man child pepe frog.jpg
305 KB, 1600x2000
The economy is in the toilet. If you want to live in a good part of town houses are 1-3hundred thousand dollars+. We need insurance for the car, some jobs don't give you health insurance, and we have bills like the internet, phone, etc. You can get a education but that doesn't secure you a job anymore, you have to either be outstanding or have great connections to stick out. There are millions of millennials in a debt hole that's bigger than a mortgage. Also our wages are relatively low compared to the boomer and genX generations. The people are also brainwashed to think bringing in millions of 3rd worlders is going to benefit us and that keeps the wages stagnant. Back then you could work in a factory and secure a house,have a wife, and support you family. Now that type of job pays slightly above poverty wages.

So why try weeding through the sea of liberal women who think being a "slut" is empowering? It's better to just stay home to play games and stare at a screen rather than have half you assets and your home taken from you by holy matrimony.
>>
>>79618696
#notallmanchildren
>>
>>79618696
Holy shit, if they aren't harming themselves or anyone else then let them do what they want
>>
File: 1467392760079.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1467392760079.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>>79618696
All problems can be solved with a pair of pliers, anon.
>>
File: 1467144335445.jpg (6 KB, 249x156) Image search: [Google]
1467144335445.jpg
6 KB, 249x156
>>79620593
Some people can't live their life without trying to control others. Example: Everytime my inlaws come over, they constantly try to tell us that we should rearrange our furniture or do something more like how they do things. Like for fuck sake, you're a guest telling your host how to maintain their house.
>>
>>79618696
Yeah! These fucking manchildren are getting the fuck out of hand!
Just last night I saw a guy actually drinking alcohol! How the fuck hasn't he grown up from earthly pleasures yet? Whats the next step? Eating tasty food?? Maybe buying some paraphernalia he likes?

Fucking degenerates. Most of them don't even live in a barrel!
>>
You're not going to have a good time talking to faggots on 4chan about this as even on /pol/ the majority are manchildren that watch stuff like anime
>>
Man children stay children out of fear. They are afraid of everything. Woman children too. The west promotes a state of permanent adolescence because it's easier to sell useless shit to kids.
>>
>>79618696
>but do you think that the manchild problem (especially with millennials) is being pushed by the corporate power structure and media?
Of course it is
We knew this when suits took over the gaming industry
They saw how many nerds, geeks, and tech junkies hoarded their money for their hobbies and wanted that chunk of change.
It's why Disney bought Star Wars and why Marvel is allowed to make movies despite 99% of them being garbage
>>
>>79618696
Getting married and having a kid is the catalyst to grow up. Men don't do that anymore because women are such complete shit now and marriage is such a bad deal.
>>
I cringe every time i see adults my age talk about "adulting XD"
>>
File: 1467505914659.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1467505914659.png
130 KB, 396x381
Am I a manchild?

>can't drive
>NEET
>live at home
>virgin
>want to an hero

But:

>never watched anime
>little interest in vidya
>don't collect anything
>read good literature
>watch classic kino
>dress normally, in shape
>>
>>79621917
Yeah, being boring as fuck doesn't make you immune to being a man child.

Get a fucking job and move out and stop having your parents support you like you're still a child.
>>
File: images (31).jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
9 KB, 262x192
>>79618696
Man-Child: A Study of the Infantilization of Man http://www.amazon.com/dp/0070327769/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_n_awdm_9MtExbZ6MQSJ0
>>
>>79618696
>People can buy things you don't like with their own money
>WE MUST STOP THIS

Feel free to leave America at any time.
>>
File: O38d6Y7.jpg (32 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
O38d6Y7.jpg
32 KB, 500x415
>>79622752
Nah. Moving out is extremely hard here even for people earning good money anyway. Nobody I know under 30 has moved out.
>>
File: 1457202450789.jpg (404 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1457202450789.jpg
404 KB, 1200x1600
I think the "problem" will be more recognized when they notice guys like me fully embracing the manchild experience.

>Be me
>Graduated from top engineering school for undergrad
>Currently 3rd year medfag
>Prudent with my money
>No debt apart from med school student loans
>Professional, courteous, polite, well-spoken, intelligent
>Well-groomed, no facial hair, wear ironed shirt/tie/slacks every day
>/fit/
>Can cook, clean, do laundry, drive, and manage my bank account

On the other hand:

>Be me
>Consume anime/vidya/comics/cartoons copiously in my spare time
>Have nerdy hobbies
>Shitpost on /pol/
>Support Trump (No Drugs, No Alcohol, No Tobacco)
>Lounge at home in my undies
>Don't go to degenerate clubs or bars
>Pizza, frozen food, and fast food >>>>> restaurants
>Believe that women are for the most part retarded, selfish, illogical liars
>pic related, my waifu

Guys like me are normally the betas that women settles for in their thirties. But the manchild life is too comfy.
>>
File: 16.jpg (128 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
128 KB, 800x800
>>79626937
I'm too beta to have any women settle for me, kek. You're living the dream brother.
>>
>>79618696
im 20,moved into my own hoese 4 months ago. im miserable and depressed and lonely. wish i would have stayed at home but my mother and had disagreements...
>>
>>79620375
Well said bro.
>>
File: white power.jpg (63 KB, 388x525) Image search: [Google]
white power.jpg
63 KB, 388x525
>>79627655
The Bell is Tolling soon for Hillary Clinton. TRUMP 2016!
Watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2h92qYu_sg
>>
>>79626815
Don't you guys have the dole and all kinds of government housing assistance though?
>>
>wahhwahh why won't the beta nerds I bullied in high school who are now rich marry me and give me half my money!
>>
>>79620375
Hikikomori
>>
It only becomes a problem when you are over 25 years old, still living with your parents, no drivers license, no education and just obsessed with this nerd "culture" shit.
>>
>>79627655
did you knock the tray of tendies out of her hands and scream RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?
>>
File: MSqG5L7.jpg (365 KB, 1280x1099) Image search: [Google]
MSqG5L7.jpg
365 KB, 1280x1099
>>79627531
I am just waiting for the day when some used up whore tries to get me to settle down. The average physician income in the US is around $225,000 per year. Once I pay off all my student loans, I'm going to live in an apartment/condo in a nice area, buy a Maserati, and live comfortably while saving 60% of my income. The future is glorious for the manchildren.
>>
>>79627901
Benefits have been steadily cut here since 2010, young people have been blocked from many kinds of assistance altogether, it's ridiculous. Plus house building is far below the population growth. All the boomer cunts took advantage of the cheap housing built in the 50s and 60s (400,000 built per year back then, today it's around 100,000). And there's a stupid amount of empty property that could be put to better use.

>>79630055
Good luck to you my man.
>>
>>79618696
What is wrong with being a manchild?
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 850x1201
>>79626937

>pic related, my waifu

Gotta hand it to you, you've got good taste
>>
>>79618696
Aye, I can't believe the useless crap many old schoolfriends now fill their houses with. I think the current phenomenon seen in Britain is connected with this, whereby 20/30-something educated types are campaigning for dictatorship, rather than man up enough to assume their responsibilities as enfranchised citizens. The manchild wants Mammy State to take care of difficult issues, that he doesn't want to worry his pretty little head about. Sad!
>>
>>79621288
This.

>>79621859
How old are you? Does admitting to yourself that you're an actual adult make you le cringe?
>>
>>79621917
>>can't drive
>>NEET
>>live at home

You are the epitome of a manchild. Having dorky hobbies alone does not make one a manchild. In fact, someone who holds a job and lives an otherwise responsible life who comes home and watches Chinese cartoons is probably the least of our worries re: the Manchild Question.
>>
>>79621218
fake and gay
>>
I dunno whats worst if manchilds or control freaks
>>
>2016
>not being a manchild
I spread my genes through a spermbank(free genetic testing, physicals, on top of compensation) and have extra money to pursue my passions. Being a man child is the absolute tits.
>>
File: tama-chan.jpg (118 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
tama-chan.jpg
118 KB, 1440x810
If I thought I could find a wife like Tamako I would probably be less of a manchild.
>>
>>79633207
Nothing wrong with a big family living in one home. He can move out if he desires privacy and independence.

The problem is he can't drive.

Improve yourself!
>>
>>79618696
The only way to stop the manchild problem is to delete 4chin
>>
Who cares if someone is a manchild as long as they pay their taxes and have a job?
>>
File: comfyneet.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfyneet.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>79633207
>>79634399
I was thinking about learning to drive but it intimidates me and I don't see what use I'd get out of it, I'm fine with walking and public transport
>>
File: 1453633763251.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453633763251.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>79634239
She's waiting for you out there, anon
>>
>>79634771

I cant imagine this.

Im 20, own my own house, motorcycle, car, and love it. the only thing i need is a wife and children. how are you satisfied not being able to travel without a driver or pilot?
>>
File: 0_4204.jpg (16 KB, 108x126) Image search: [Google]
0_4204.jpg
16 KB, 108x126
>>79618696
That clock looks awesome
>>
File: cabin-in-the-woods-charlie-choc.jpg (289 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
cabin-in-the-woods-charlie-choc.jpg
289 KB, 720x900
>>79618696
Here's the problem with manchildren (including myself because I am one): we were not taught how to integrate into society. Told? Yes, but not taught.

And it's common sense that those of us in a bubble are not going to just learn it on our own time because we're interested. We're not interested.

But eventually reality comes knocking and, lo and behold, we're ill prepared to handle the stresses of reality.

I am, however, in no position to adapt, so I'm mapping out my future in such a way that I live alone forever. I'm not marrying or having kids, because I don't see that as a possibility. Ideally I'll be moving somewhere rural and away from this fucking mess of a world we live in today. Shame that it had to come down to this, but I don't control the outcome of my life.
>>
File: 1433023688098.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1433023688098.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>79620990
>Mfw they don't defecate and masturbate anywhere they please
>>
>>79618696
the world needs another world war, not one with drones and shit, more like a ww2-vietnam war style.
>>
>implying manchildren are buying dr. who merchandise

you're thinking of the tumblrettes OP
>>
>>79637634
Because I don't care? I have nowhere to go. No friends and never wanted to travel so not like it matters. I just don't see why people value cars so much.

I also hate cars clogging up cities.
>>
>>79618696

Dr Who. is written by commies, paedos, and kikes.

Don't let your kids near the BBC!
>>
>>79637852
thank you for not passing on your genetics, you da real mvp
>>
> sitting on man children while posting on a website that caters to man children

There's nothing wrong with having interests in geeky things or cartoons or video games as long as you're a responsible adult that doesn't let those interests take over your life

There's a difference between a brony-loving unemployed basement dweller and a responsible adult who makes a living for him/herself and enjoys playing video games or watching Doctor Who in their freetime
>>
>>79640232
Meant to say
> shitting on manchildren
>>
The problem is the internet. Much like tumblr and SJWs, the internet provides a hugbox for everyone, including angry perma-NEETs who think their anime hug pillow is classy and cultured, and not just fucking sad.

I was a complete terminal neckbearded manchild until I hit like 24 and had to sack up and go out on my own. And it made a man out of me. I now have a wife, a mortgage, a car, and loads of money left oer to buy nerd junk, videogames, craft beer, furniture, all that shit.

You see, when I needed somewhere to live, I needed money. And to get money I had to work, meaning I couldn't sit on the internet all day being an angry NEET justifying my existence just by claiming 'one day I'll be right'.

That's my theory anyway. I'm sure the scholars of /pol/ will claim being an adult is cucked or something.
>>
War and war only. Doesn't matter what kind it is. War is the only fix for the worlds problems these days
>>
>>79634771
If you live in an area with access to public transport anywhere you go, like a city, then good for you.

If you live in a rural or suburban area then you need a damn car.

I have friends that still live with parents and don't drive. They rely on their parents to take them where they need to go and to pick them up.

Fuck relying on people.
>>
From what I've observed, the biggest problem with manchildism is that their life is focused on consumption, the vast majority of them don't care about politics, history, economics, or philosophy. They don't care about anything IMPORTANT just collecting gadgets, trinkets, and consuming entertainment. However this isn't any different than a "real man" who spends all his time watching sports and buying beer. The latter is a manchild too, but a different kind. They both spend their life consuming. This is the realm of women.
>>
File: Alana.jpg (485 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
Alana.jpg
485 KB, 1275x1650
Get them away from /pol/ and into the workforce.

Manchild problem solved.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.