[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brits, can you explain why young people don't vote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I just don't understand. The Brexit vote was probably the most important referendum ever in the history of the UK. Why would people below the age of 34 just not be interested to vote in it?
>>
>>79598802
>The Brexit vote was probably the most important referendum ever in the history of the UK
The funny thing is the young people would agree with you.

Yet instead 64% of them sat on their lazy asses for 15 hours, while being registered to vote, and did nothing.
>>
>>79598881
>Yet instead 64% of them sat on their lazy asses for 15 hours, while being registered to vote, and did nothing.

But why? I don't get it, what is their motivation to not vote?
>>
>>79599017
Because it's a secret ballot. Nobody goes into the voting booth, so you can't virtue signal by voting. Millennial leftists have been raised by social media, they love every other aspect of politics not to benefit the country, but to raise their own social standing by showing off how tolerant and progressive they are. If you want these parasites to vote, add a fucking share button.
>>
>>79598802

And they're the ones most vocally bitching about the results.
>>
It has to do with respecting your elders
The youth are born into this society that works and are prepared to let the ones who have more experience make the decisions

More fool them, I'm a racist skinhead.
>>
>>79598802
Because you can't win internet points by standing inline for an hour to tick a box.

Also the retarded notion of "well it's not like my vote matter any way".
>>
>>79598802
That's a good evolution.

The less people vote, the more my vote is worth.
>>
Most are probably too young
>>
>>79598802
>It has to do with respecting your elders
>The youth are born into this society that works and are prepared to let the ones who have more experience make the decisions
>
>More fool them, I'm a racist skinhead.

They're not fools, society OUGHT to be run by racist skinheads!
>>
>>79598802
Did you give a fuck about politics in that age range ?
Let's be honest most kids just vote who daddy told them to, it's actually good for them to refrain from polluting the voters pool until they have a good idea on what they want.
>>
>>79598802

Laziness. Voting doesn't get you brownie points. Talking on Facebook/twitter about voting for the current trend vote does. It's more satisfying for them to talk about being "good" than to actually put in the effort for it.
>>
Young people don't care about the elections or politics in general. They just don't care. They haven't reached that point in their lives where they start taking interest in these things and really care about the future of their nation.

The ones who do care about politics get all their news from the internet, from virtue signaling morons and other completely unreliable biased sources.

Old people care more about these things. They also get exposed to biased news on TV, yet they manage to do the opposite of what they are being told, probably because they aren't exposed to virtue signaling on facebook and twitter.
>>
>>79598802
No idea but if they actually turned out it would have tipped the scales for sure. Rather than blaming old people, they need to be blaming themselves.

Voting and its importance is never taught in schools, that might be why.
>>
>>79598802
Because voting isn't mandatory like it is here.
>>
File: 1467383531251.png (267 KB, 700x359) Image search: [Google]
1467383531251.png
267 KB, 700x359
>>79598802
>marxist brainwashing in schools
>collectivism over agency of the individual personality
>no stake in life or future of the nation
>no responsibility or sense of duty
>systematic demoralisation
>consumers not curators of nation and Western civilisation
>spiritless globalist drones
>>
File: 1426197199442.jpg (7 KB, 198x225) Image search: [Google]
1426197199442.jpg
7 KB, 198x225
>>79599394
>Add a fucking share button
>Holy fuck, it's been that easy all along
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.