[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Bottled Jew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: alcohol.jpg (256 KB, 2286x2286) Image search: [Google]
alcohol.jpg
256 KB, 2286x2286
Hey /pol/ what are your opinions on the bottled Jew?

How does alcohol affect you and other people in your community?

I am an alcoholic trying to quit, I don't want to keep killing myself. I have been like this for almost 4 years. Any tips on quitting for good? I assume some of you might have some experience

Also why are there more alcoholics in Western United States compared to other states, and Eastern European countries compared to other countries?
>>
Quitting anything is simple just substitute it for something and don't do it anymore.
>>
>>79572219

That's kind of what I did last time I ended up doing a little fitness instead of drinking. I kinda relapsed though. I was thinking about doing more competitive vidya games but that is more fun while i'm drinking.

I am going to try drinking tea and watching movies instead because I only drink at night before bed, but I get hammered every night. I just always stay up too late it's hard for me to relax.

Also I don't want to do any pharmaceuticals
>>
>>79572453
Fitness is just temporary, you will feel really good and excersize but then you just end up getting lazy. It was the same when I quit cigs.

The insomnia won't last it's just withdrawl. You will need to take time off work and get used to sleeping without it. Maybe try cough medicine.

I used e-cigs and then just stopped all together I still get cravings but it's way more manageable.

Don't worry about relapsing, just keep quitting it gets easier each time until you just quit. Quitting booze was really easy for me, I just quit after I saw myself getting the shakes at work.

You have to do it for yourself in the end, don't expect people to be extra nice to you or heap platitudes on you. I hope that doesn't sound cunty.

Just replace it with lotto or something. That's the trick though, substitution.

Again I can't help with the insomnia, I get it bad still sometimes.
>>
>>79573054

Thanks anon I will keep trying
>>
>>79573599
Herbal tea, my friend. lots of it. nettle, hawthorn, hibiscus, sage, rosehip, redbush... find what you like and blend a couple together.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 540x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 540x422
>>79572453
drinking iced tea is a great substitution for alcohol. since alcohol is pure sugar, your body craves sweet things for a while if you were seriously addicted.

drinking a sweet tea a day, eating fruit and a dessert a night (for a month or so) is a good way to stop physiological cravings. exercise enough to combat the sugar, but take it easy and don't try to replace being drunk with runner's high.

if you can find a soundboard for pissing and moaning (mine was my wife), just letting out your greivances can help too.

my specialty is neurodegeneration, and there's been promising research that suggests a return to moderate alcohol intake is healthier and more sustainable than abstinence. when you're ready (and don't rush it), having a drink a week can help you focus on something other than alcohol. if you go down this route, make sure you have someone watching out for you, and remain constantly vigilant to temptation and rationalization.

good luck, anon. i'm sure you'll make it.
>>
File: bookers rye 2016.jpg (180 KB, 671x750) Image search: [Google]
bookers rye 2016.jpg
180 KB, 671x750
>>79571959
Condsidering I make it for a living, I love it.
>>
>>79571959
>I am an alcoholic trying to quit
>Any tips on quitting for good?
Will power, just stop.
Use to smoke weed and cigarettes everyday, and drink on weekends just stopped almost a year now.
>>
Oy the feels in this thread.... Im in the same boat OP, im wrapping up a degree, I quit smoking pot, and quit tobacco.

Now I use E-Cigs and drink a good bit. Fucking hate it.

Good luck amigo, I really do wish you well
>>
I drink to forget the triumph of death. Like faulkner.
>>
>>79571959
Yeah what >>79572219 said, find a substitute and slowly get off the substitute (or keep a better balance). Not alcohol, but I drank soda a lot (sometimes 2 cans a day). I weaned myself off with alternatives like fruit juice and gatorade. It took about 2 months till I completely stopped and haven't looked back. I don't drink alcohol either, I just avoid it all together. I drink coffee though, but I try to keep my coffee drinking habits under control too.
>>
>>79575030
Is that a pure rye?
>>
Alcohol is not the bottled Jew.

If anything, it is more Aryan than any other drink.
>>
>>79571959
I hate it but it's the very thing that pushed humanity and civilization ahead.

Fresh water used to be very scarce and fought over and how much of it was around mattered greatly on any societies chance of improving itself.

Alchohol fixed that by being able to make ""Fresh"" water with alchohol anyone can drink without risk of stomach virus/disease/sickness etc.
>>
>>79571959
>alcohol, loved by rich and poor. The creative and brilliant. The poor and stupid. Everyone except weirdo religious and people with no self control.

Comparing alcohol to Jews. For shame, anon. For shame
>>
>>79575457
100% Unlike your fucking misguided labeling laws...
>>
>>79571959
Just bloody give up. Get rid of all beer things in your house. And tell your friends when it comes up. Thats how i gave up... have not had liquor for 2 years now. Also last time i got drunk i almost lost my gf.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.