[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maternal Leave in the US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1100_story_Maternity_Leave.jpg (61 KB, 960x611) Image search: [Google]
1100_story_Maternity_Leave.jpg
61 KB, 960x611
Is there a reason the US is like the only industrialized nation to not provide paid leave?

Is the statistic mislead in some way, i.e. does every company just provide paid maternal leave by it isn't a mandatory by the government?
>>
Women shouldn't be in the workforce. Period.
>>
>>79568316
Women should be in the workforce. But not with children, that is too much
>>
>>79568385
If they are going to have children, they should not work. And they should only really have children if they have a father that will do his job to work and take care of childrent oo
>>
>>79568316
>implying it wouldn't actually keep women out of the workforce instead

If maternity leave were mandatory young women would have a really hard time getting employed.
>>
men should be allowe the same leave, otherwise its discrimination. just because i cant have a baby doesnt mean i cant have the same if not more emotional issues and stress
>>
>>79568461
>>79568385
Fucking huge cuck
>>79568484
Slightly smaller cuck

Anyway, no. They shouldn't be paid not to work, my god you KEKS are disgusting.
>>
>>79568235
>getting paid to not work

I'm sorry but that is probably the most retarded thing on the planet next to cops or firemen getting paid leave instead of being fired for failing their job.
>>
>>79568553
In many countries I think they are.
>>
>>79568861
I know right? Vacations should also be illegal.
>>
>>79568235

The US wouldn't provide it, private business would provide it, like many do now. All the state does is take what should be a voluntary decision and mandate it to push workers out of the job market.
>>
>>79568861
It's retarded if you think women being allowed to work is retarded, but otherwise you're trying to encourage mothers to be mothers rather than dumping them to a nanny all day.

I don't really have a strong opinion on it but I'm not really seeing an argument as to why the US is the only place that doesn't do this.
>>
>expect to get paid for not working

how about no
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.