[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Francisco mulls plan for taxing the rich to house the poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Tech-Bro-or-homeless.jpg (135 KB, 800x413) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Bro-or-homeless.jpg
135 KB, 800x413
Tech bros VS Homeless Vs Queer - who will win?
>San Francisco’s long, complex and often fraught relationship with the tech industry has come to a head with a proposal to levy a “tech tax” on the companies that have fueled the city’s transformation into a place that is increasingly uninhabitable for people on low or medium incomes.
>Every week brings new outrages, whether it’s the tenant in North Beach who, it emerged this week, received a notice informing him that his rent was increasing from $1,800 a month to $8,000, or the kindergarten teacher whose building was bought by two tech workers and, it was revealed this month, is now facing eviction for nuisance violations that include “using appliances”.
>The anger finds its outlet in different ways. Queer activist group Gay Shame regularly plasters telephone poles around town with posters featuring slogans such as “Brogrammers off the block” or drawings of the severed heads of tech CEOs on spikes. In the Mission, a Latino neighborhood being transformed by an influx of tech gentrifiers, including Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, graffiti recently appeared on the sidewalks declaring “Queers Hate Techies”.
>Meanwhile, more than a few tech workers have gained viral notoriety for anti-homeless screeds, such as a February 2016 “open letter” that included the complaint: “I shouldn’t have to see the pain, struggle, and despair of homeless people to and from my way to work every day.”
>>
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/01/tech-tax-san-francisco-homelessness-inequality
>>
File: 1463849486073.jpg (634 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463849486073.jpg
634 KB, 1600x1200
>>79558430

I love when the Left eats its own.
>>
>>79558430
They need to left their asinine zoning restrictions and allow the market to build UP to make more fucking housing to meet demand. Hopefully when the city is eventually 90% Chinese, they'll do away with the vapid white swipple bullshit.

>muh bay views

Make more money, a buy a 90th floor penthouse, faggot.
>>
>>79558430
>I shouldn’t have to see the pain, struggle, and despair of homeless people to and from my way to work every day.

That has to be a false flag. No one is clueless enough to write something like that and expect sympathy.
>>
>>79559266
Except that never happens because the market doesn't want to build affordable housing.
>>
>>79559850
You dumb fucking liberal. That's not how it works.

Housing BECOMES more affordable the more of it there is. Housing is so expensive in SF because there is a housing SHORTAGE. Forget unemployed vagrants, not even middle or even many upper-middle class people can find good housing to raise a family in in SF proper. The entire peninsula should be covered in skyscrappers. You don't need special government programs with officially designated "affordable housing" if you simple allow investors to build high rise apartments to their heart's content.

That's why housing is so affordable in China. The build build build.
>>
>>79560293
>That's why housing is so affordable in China. The build build build.

Housing isn't affordable in China though, at least not in places that people actually want to live. Where are you getting this information?
>>
>>79560509
I've lived there, and I'm moving back in a month. Yes, it's very affordable, and there's not such thing as a "bad neighborhood" by western standards (gangs, dindus, muggers). The Tier 1 cities can be more expensive, but they're still nowhere near the cost of living in a decent part of NYC, LA, SF, Seattle, or Boston.

The Chinese certainly don't have any "affordable housing" programs. Their program is the build more housing, and allow the supply/demand curve to control prices.
>>
>>79559266
>just build up
>on worlds biggest fault line
just fuck my shit up faggots
>>
>>79559594
once you get rich this becomes sound logic.

>do as I say not as I do
>>
>>79560934
im not rich and i shouldn't have to see homeless people either. but i live in a small down and our cops keep them out so i never do.
>>
>>79560900
We have the engineering. However, half of SF hasn't even moved beyond two-floor buildings. TWO floors. Even just 6-story walk-ups would triple the housing supply on the west side.
>>
>>79558430
>tech (((bros)))

Yeah the facebook employees censoring topics they find distasteful from their cuck sheds in san francisco sure are my bros.

Get bent loser, move back to silicon valley if you hate it so much. The hippie deadbeats were there first.
>>
>>79561319
Seriously why are they all in one city? Why did San Francisco let this happen?
>>
>>79561493
Google haight-ashbury. It was a psy op to see if the government could trigger a mass mobilization of the counter-culture across the country to displace them out of their communities.
>>
File: 1467076845225.jpg (179 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
1467076845225.jpg
179 KB, 560x373
>>79559850
>being this fucking dumb
>>
>>79559266
And where are they gonna get the water for that you faggot? They had to destroy Hetch Hetchy Valley so that they could get enough water to keep the city growing in the 1910s. What neighboring community do you suggest they ravage this time? You're shilling China so it's probably to be expected that you don't give a shit about the environment.

>>79560867
They have numerous near empty cities built on farm land they took from the poor because most of the people can't afford to live in them. Go shill your shitty fucking country some where else
>>
>>79561842
So you say SF is overpopulated as it is. So we really don't need to even be talking about building housing for mentally ill homeless people and drug addicts, do we?
>>
I honestly don't give a shit about SF. The city is the epitome of a premium bay area shithole.
>>
>>79558430
>queers vs techies vs homlies vs normies
We mad max future now
>>
>>79562076
>So we really don't need to even be talking about building housing for mentally ill homeless people and drug addicts, do we?
>having a large population of transients is OK for a city
Man you might actually be a chink with that logic right there.
>>
Facebook/Google should just decide to move to fucking Oregon or Washington and let the city fall into even more of a hippie shithole. At least they will avoid the fallout when California goes bankrupt. Forward thinking.
>>
File: zuck goyim.jpg (304 KB, 978x1471) Image search: [Google]
zuck goyim.jpg
304 KB, 978x1471
>>79562388
How about they move to two different places instead? Also they need to stay the fuck away from Seattle. It's already getting too fucking expensive to live up here.
>>
>>79562523
Thats an ugly gook
>>
>>79562388

No.

I live in seattle. Upper queen anne.

Shits expensive as fuck already yo.
>>
>>79562523
I think the logic is to keep them together to make it easier to find employees since everyone will go there for tech jobs. Texas would probably be a better choice but I think those fags would prefer to be near the Pacific somewhere
>>
>>79562229
Putting them up in a free apartment won't change their activities.
>>
File: 1436122366960.webm (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436122366960.webm
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>79558430
Are these people hipster or homeless? I really cant spot the difference.
>>
>>79562076
>So you say SF is overpopulated as it is.
Yes, most of California is. It's a pretty terrible place to have a city that's larger than a half a million people.
>>
>>79559594
Pray to God that you continue existing in this state of ignorance as to the general disposition of the codemonkey upper-class. Companies treat them like princes because they make so much profit (or at least, get so much venture capital based on a bunch of imaginary potential monetisation) that the cost of "workplace enrichment" is peanuts to them, after a while the workers pretty much lose touch with real human existence. Google is the worst for this since their buildings are so self contained. I've known people to spend days without leaving their workplace, only to step outside and complain that the air smells bad. It's madness.
>>
>>79558430
Again, this is all shit to get these commies to move out of the state.
>>
>>79564098
Why would they want that though? Don't they bring in a shit ton of tax revenue?
>>
>>79562595
her pussy game ridiculous tho
>>
the big money will win and san fran and all those free love coastal shitholes will become corporate bitches
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.