[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christ/pol/, I need advice! I'm Anglo-Catholic; I hold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Compassrose_Flag.svg.png (162 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Compassrose_Flag.svg.png
162 KB, 2000x1334
Christ/pol/, I need advice!

I'm Anglo-Catholic; I hold to Catholic theology, but I'm in communion with the Anglican Church (no thank you, Bishop of Rome).

The closest Anglican (Episcopal in the US) Church has a woman priest, and I'm not down with that.

What should I do? Go anyways, despite my objections? Go to another Church, where I'm not in communion but which is less liberal?

>convert to catholicism!

No thank you. I may be theologically Catholic, but I'm also not an asshole and don't really want to join a Church infested with them.

>orthodoxy!

No nearby Orthodox Church, never been in sight of one, and have never met an Orthodox person. Wouldn't really solve my problem in an effective way.
>>
why do you cling to a religion that you dont support when you know the true religion is right there, brother.
>>
>>79548340

>why do you cling to a religion that you dont support

I support Anglicanism, I just don't agree with some of its more recent political decisions.
>>
>>79548469
>I support Anglicanism, I just don't agree with some of its more recent political decisions.
so you support them except for the fact that you dont believe the same shit as them?
>>
>>79548559

Political decisions are a secondary aspect of a Church. I support it's central theology of Catholic and Reformed, I support its decentralized model, and the people within are generally good Christian models of respect and open-heartedness. That's enough for me to accept that I don't see eye-to-eye with many Primates and Bishops on women and same sex unions, and still be happily in communion.
>>
>>79549064
meh. you seem to be unhappy or you wouldnt be here. perhaps try going to some local churches that aren't anglican. you might find we're not all so horrible.
>>
>>79549341

I'm not unhappy with the Church itself, just the lack of choice I'm faced with. Nice thing about the Anglican Church is that if you disagree with some part of it, there's probably a Parish down the road that you'll be more comfortable in.

Except for here. Here there's just one.
>>
Anglican is absolute heresy
>>
>>79549545
yeah that will show him.
>>
File: 158.png (11 KB, 447x378) Image search: [Google]
158.png
11 KB, 447x378
>>79549545
>>
>>79550313
You're welcome m8, Anglicanism was made by a king because the pope didn't want to give him a divorce
>>
>>79550529

The Anglican Church was founded in the 6th Century by Augustine of Canterbury, it maintains Apostolic succession, and is part of the Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic church. It was not created by Henry VIII, it renounced Papal authority under Henry VIII due to political differences.

Learn history, you Roman boot licker
>>
File: extra-ecclesiam-nulla-salus-2.jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
extra-ecclesiam-nulla-salus-2.jpg
91 KB, 800x600
>>79548123
>I hold to Catholic theology, but I'm in communion with the Anglican Church
That's your problem nigga. You cannot accept just spome parts of True Church. You must go full. Or burn in hell for being an idiot.
>, but I'm also not an asshole and don't really want to join a Church infested with them.
Your ""church"" have female leaders. We have some bad guys and strict as fuck rules (that they broke, but never change).
>>
File: Heniek.jpg (93 KB, 546x960) Image search: [Google]
Heniek.jpg
93 KB, 546x960
>>79550903
>was founded in the 6th Century by Augustine of Canterbury
...And now we enter the retard zone. Do you really think that Catholic Church would call a saint person that broke out from them? He was Catholic af, apostol of those ungreatful Anglos but still a fucking Catholic.. Embarce that Henry VII was a total retard (that did not know what poison is) and schismatic.

Learn history, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>79551597

>Do you really think that Catholic Church would call a saint person that broke out from them? He was Catholic af, apostol of those ungreatful Anglos but still a fucking Catholic..

Which is why the Anglican Church is a Catholic church, it founded by a Catholic and maintains apostolic succession.

>Embarce that Henry VII was a total retard

Kinda, yeah. Doesn't mean the renunciation of Papal authority was a bad idea though.

>schismatic

No more so than the Orthodox Patriarchs.
>>
>>79552018
>maintains apostolic succession
>has women as priest
>>
>>79552018
>Which is why the Anglican Church is a Catholic church
>Have a schism with the Church
>There can be only ONE True Church
>Somehow it's still is the same Church
Logic, herad of it? You can have succesion, you can have valid sacraments but you will never be The Church. Et extra Ecclesia nulla salus.
>Papal authority was a bad idea though.
Tell that to Jesus, not me.
>No more so than the Orthodox Patriarchs
Of course they are schismatics. You too are. Embarce that you lost track on the way to the Christ and come back on the right one. Read "Rome Sweet Home", it's helps.Embarce that you lost track on the way to the Christ and come back on the right one. Read "Rome Sweet Home", it's helps.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.