[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did America get so assfucked with Common Core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
I don't think there is any other country in the whole world which has such shit thing like Common Core stuff.
>>
>>79489996
Degradation and liberal schools.
>>
They try to teach kids mental arithmetic but mental arithmetic is the type of thing people naturally develop or don't develop at all.
>>
>>79489996
This benefits noone. Not even niggers and spics it was meant to help. It simply drags everyone down to their level. Dumb people are easier for (((them))) to control

Pic in OP is a nice example of how pants on head retarded this is
>>
what the fuck am i looking at
>>
>>79489996
Common core is supposed to teach about how rounding to whole numbers can make addition or subtraction easier.
A lot of people do this in their head anyway.

Of course it looks silly when you look at it without really knowing what they're trying to teach. People just hate it because its not how they learned it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>79490250
Or just teach them normal fucking subtraction
>>
It's not like their education system was particularly renowned before, they had fuck-all to lose, they're just there to create consumers for their oligarchs and muhreens for their bloated military industrial complex.

Neither of those really requires the ability to count, let alone do stuff like long division .
>>
>>79490542

true
>>
>>79489996
Funding from Bill Gates, who seeks to create a more government oriented economy (more than we already have)
>>
>>79490542
it took me about 3 minutes of staring at this picture and re-reading your post a couple times to finally understand this retarded idea
>>
>>79490496
i don't even know
>>
>>79490496
>>79490892
american's learn to do simple subtraction by finding many numbers to add together
>>
>>79490839
I consider myself to have a strong background is math, but I still don't entirely get how they come up with the circled numbers.

But I'm sure if I read some instructions or learned the method its not difficult. Who's to say if its better or worse, people just shouldn't automatically hate something that's different from the way they learned it.
>>
>>79491052
It's not just different though, it's extremely long-winded way to do something that should only take a few seconds. All this will do is help retarded kids by slowing down bright ones
>>
>>79489996
>take 25 and subtract 38
>negative 18 left over
>subtract 18 from 300
>287
i wonder why schools love to over complicate things now a days?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
>>
>>79491052
seems like it's

numbers it takes to get to next 10^x for the number you subtract from, seems pretty simple, but absolutely retarded. What's the highest math level you took?
>>
>>79491139

>long winded way helps the retarded kids

How exactly? Shouldn't the simplistic way help them?
>>
>>79489996
The whole point of doing a problem the long way is with enough exercise you become more proficient at wahtever concept your trying to learn, then if you were to just take shortcuts the whole time. That's why in school they always told you to do a problem the long way and to explain it, even if you could do it off the top of your head
>>
>>79489996
Jews using their influence over the education system to dumb down the goyim.
>>
>>79491281

but how the fuck does over complicating it help dumb people???
>>
>>79491281
>13*
:^(
>>
>>79489996
WHERE DOES THE 60 COME FROM
>>
>>79491449
it doesn't, it just makes it so the non-retards(whites) go down to the retards(non-whites) level. anything for equality :^)
>>
>>79490547
You can easily do this in your head by subtracting 50 and adding 12.
>>
The goal of common core is to remove parents from the equation as much as possible.
>>
>>79491302
Okay yeah I think I see what you're saying. I've taken calculus and a few discrete math and alg classes, but it's late and I'm a little drunk so I'm off my game.

>>79491139
It does seem to take a while. It could just be because we're so much better at doing it the other way, or maybe the other way is easier to do mentally?
>>
>>79491052 still doesn't grasp it
>>79491281 leaves a -13, wtf are you even doing?
love how the burgers are unable to do the most simple maths
>>
>>79490547
38-25=13
300-13=287
W-who does it like this in his head?
>>
>>79491449
By lowering everyone to the same standards.
>>
>>79491780
frig of schmidt, its 4 in the morning and i don't have my glasses on
>>
>>79491541
I do it by taking 25 from 325 and 38 so you're left with
300-13
Which is a much easier problem.
>>
>>79489996

Schools in general are not "failing", they are doing great at accomplishing their main objective, which it is to make people dumb.

I bet in American elite schools they don't teach this retarded method. WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE.
>>
File: autismcore.jpg (60 KB, 1152x842) Image search: [Google]
autismcore.jpg
60 KB, 1152x842
>>79490496
>>
>>79491872
mein-neger.jpg
>>
>>79491870
jokes on you my name is herrmann
but don't worry we all screw up sometimes at simple tasks
I'm still curios about that other anons question, which are the most complex math classes you attended amd is it true that there is a widespread difference in the teaching of science and especially math skills between the states?
>>
>>79492103
only thing i know about that is apparently catholic schools teach you next to no math or numbers
>>
>>79491449
>>79491537
>>79491839

that doesn't even make sense. are you people fucking dumb or what?
>>
>>79489996
Common Core is the result of 2 generations of women going to university for bullshit degrees in education. It's essentially bullshit they came up with to validate their 100k pieces of paper that verify they've been educated in taking Chad's cock and navigating bureaucracy.

For 5 years I tutored kids from K - 12 in multiple subjects. I tutored slow kids, advanced kids, and a couple university courses on the side.

A lot of the bullshit that's taught in common core is stuff kids taught themselves, or were taught by teachers but never tested on it 20+ years ago. It's about helping kids see the relationships between numbers and giving them tips and tricks to understand arithmetic.

The problem is that they're now testing kids on the methodology itself. When I was taught in school, my teacher showed me the same method (counting up) that OP shows. I never liked it and stuck with the traditional method of subtracting. This was fine with my teachers because I still came to the correct answer and showed my work.

With common core now, coming up with the right answer isn't as important as using a preferred methodology. This can really fuck over kids who have a difficult time with a particular method, or see it as a waste of time because of all the extra, useless steps involved.

Common core is the math version of Harrison Bergeron that brings everyone down to a simple, base level and punishes those who can excel without the stupid tips and tricks.
>>
>>79492709
put it this way, it makes everyone stupid so no one feels inferior
>>
>>79492709
http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html
>>
>>79492709
It's the kikes at it again. It's unironically implemented to retard white children while helping black children to the cost of international isolation competitive wise
https://youtu.be/5s0rRk9sER0
>>
Do you guys actually teach this?
No wonder you guys can't do maths!
>>
>>79493119
Literally Muslim.
>>
>>79491499
You just make it up :^)

You know how to get to 100 from 40, so you add 60.
>>
>>79493119
>Consistent strong benchmarks
>tons of states how opted out of this
lol
>>
>>79489996

Subversion

Theyre purposely trying to make our country shit in case you haven't noticed. They'll make us math illiterate retards who like getting fucked in the ass since we're cross dressing faggots who chopped our dicks off and grew tits. We won't be able to produce anything, only be destructive and bitch about things like white male privilege.

Like I said, it's subversion to make us dumb and useless.
>>
>>79490975
>american's
Shut the fuck up leaf. It's supposed to teach alternate methods of arriving at the same solution anyway. Idiotic teachers and test creators then take it too fucking far.

Clearly you don't know this because you memorized your times table and then failed analysis.

Fuck you, leaf
>>
Because public schools guarentee jobs for a bunch of stupid worthless liberal whores fresh out of college
>>
>>79492709
Welcome to America
>>
File: 1377583954547.png (146 KB, 680x691) Image search: [Google]
1377583954547.png
146 KB, 680x691
>>79496430
good goy
>>
>>79489996
Simplifying the numbers to make it easier to process things mentally.
38 + 2 --> 40
40 + 60 ---> 100
100 + 200 --> 300
300 + 25 --> 325
2 + 25 + 60 + 200 = 287
325 - 287 = 38
325 - 38 = 287

I use shit like this for mental math. Breaking down the numbers into simpler terms makes it easier to process things in your head. Thing is, this shit should never be taught as the primary method for doing math, since going through a secondary process of addition just to subtract some numbers is fucking stupid when you could just subtract the fucking numbers.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.