[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$15/hr BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: pka5581e6_27_8_201410_36_53.png (563 KB, 1040x683) Image search: [Google]
pka5581e6_27_8_201410_36_53.png
563 KB, 1040x683
Burgerbot coming to SanFran. Rejoice.

http://www.techinsider.io/momentum-machines-is-hiring-2016-6

Choice quotes from the article:

>"This location will feature the world-premiere of our proprietary and remarkable new advances in technology that enable the automatic creation of impossibly delicious burgers

>The prototype could replace two to three full-time line cooks, saving a fast-food restaurant up to $90,000 a year in training, salaries, and overhead costs, tech blog Xconomy reported after catching a live demo.

>"Our device isn't meant to make employees more efficient," Momentum Machines cofounder Alexandros Vardakostas told Xconomy in 2012. "It's meant to completely obviate them."

Will other burger joints follow suit? I think they'll have to. How will humans even compete?
>>
I've had automatically prepared burgers and they taste like shit. Give me a human being any day.
>>
>>79484239
t. $15/hr wage cuck
>>
>>79483456

I for one welcome our burger making machines.

Imagine a world without angry lesbians spitting in the buns of burgers.

A world where faggots only worry about the meat in their pants.

A world where fat chicks are ignored like the dirt on a bootheel.

Liberals will love equality until they realize what that means.
>>
This is stupid. The cost of building and maintaining this contraption overshadows the cost of staffing honest, hard working people.
>>
>>79483456

but if no one has job then who was buy burger?!
>>
File: 1466308892314.gif (107 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
1466308892314.gif
107 KB, 130x184
>>79483456
cant wait

>burgerbots are racist n shit they take our jobssss
>>
Theres a fully automatic McDonalds opening up in Phoenix soon.
>>
File: hsoUq.jpg (69 KB, 674x675) Image search: [Google]
hsoUq.jpg
69 KB, 674x675
>>79484430
nice diatribe senpai
>>
You do realize $15/hr has nothing to do with this right? Companies are going to automate their work force wherever they can because machines working for free will always be cheaper than people working for a wage. They were planning on rolling these out regardless.
>>
so they save maybe 90k a year. how much is the robot and how good is it at custom orders? also for a lot of those hours the guy making the burgers is also frying all the food that isnt fries and packaging that up too. this doesnt appear to do that which means they would still need a cook there, they just made the cooks job a whole lot easier.
>>
>>79484471
What about the hard working, educated people who design and create the machine?
>>
>>79483456
>400 burgers an hour
its slower than the average mcdonalds kitchen staff.
>>
>>79483456
This makes me happy because my burgers will be cheaper. I like burgers, and paying less for them.
>>
Can't wait for autismburger to open where I can get my shit without a single human interaction.
>>
>>79483456
Most of the people who buy shitty burgers, are shitty people with shitty jobs making shitty burgers.
>>
So what, there's going to be more unemployed workers who can't find a job in their area?

What about college and high school students trying to earn money for rent or school supplies or for car insurance.

There's never going to be enough white collar jobs for everyone.
>>
>>79484239
I've had burgers prepared by humans and they taste like shit. Give me a machine any day.
>>
>>79483456
>automation drives down the cost of burgers
>McDonalds cheese burgers are 25 cents a piece again
>back to the days where you'd go to McDonalds and just order 10 cheeseburgers for $2.50

I welcome our new mechanical overlords
>>
>>79483456
They need to stop with all the welfare system bullshit and simply introduce a living income for every human being that would only go down slightly if theyre working unless they earn more than $30k a year. Something like $500 a month. It sounds like a lot but I honestly think more money would be saved in the long run from all the welfare systems that tax money currently goes into.

As a britfag witnessing the horrors of the job centre and the department of work and pensions and their horrible inefficiency, the endless billions they spend on their computer systems and the nazi way they treat unemployed people like me, I can guarantee even a £400-£500 universal income would be CHEAPER than a welfare system.

Not to mention all of the societal problems it would fix.

I'm normally quite right wing politically and I'm completely against mass immigration and most safe space sjw bullshit, but I believe strongly in a universal basic income as the next level of society for humanity.
>>
>>79485637
but before they had to weight the machine price vs wages, and wages just doubled
>>
File: 1455729531814.png (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455729531814.png
72 KB, 900x900
>>79484471
>The cost of building and maintaining this contraption overshadows the cost of staffing honest, hard working people
Your lacking knowledge in basic economics is showing.
>>
>>79483456
Hopefully that machine doesn't get my order wrong. The last time I got fast food I ordered a double cheeseburger, no onion or ketchup, with fries and a root beer. Instead I was given a single cheeseburger with the works, curly fries in a size too small and a Pepsi. Yeah, you totally absolutely deserve $15/hr
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (482 KB, 2691x2019) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
482 KB, 2691x2019
>>79483456
I've been telling you guys since last year that "we need immigrants because we need no skill labour" is a lie, precisely because of automation. The food industry is the last thing to fall in north america.
>>
>>79487573
I never make my orders complicated because they always fuck it up.
>>
>>79487428
>and wages just doubled
no they didnt. san francisco hasnt had a minimum wage at 7.50 in a long ass time.
>>
>>79487463
It does at $7.50/hr, but does it at $15/hr?
>>
>>79483456

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD START MAKING WAITER ROBOTS ALREADY SO WE CAN PURGE THIS FILTH FROM SOCIETY
>>
>>79487816
>forget to tip
>kill all humans
>>
>>79483456
>San Fucking Cisco
Why is it always this city ?
>>
>inb4 robots replacing minimum wage jobs are banned in places like san francisco where minimum wage is 15$ to stimulate the economy
>>
>>79487401
>living income for every human being that would only go down slightly if theyre working unless they earn more than $30k a year.

Like a negative income tax?
>>
>>79487401
So let's see here let's say there is 300 million people in the USA. 500 times 300 million is... Well shit I don't know scientific notation but I'm pretty sure you just bankrupted the the world's biggest economy in just one month. Round of applause for the bong everybody!
>>
File: oven.gif (2 MB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
oven.gif
2 MB, 345x259
>>79487875
>muh service

>that'll be 20 percent gratuity now
>25 percent next year

>forget the fact that I have no skills, bring no value, and have the most artificially inflated salary of any occupation
>>
>>79483456
in what states do they pay $15 as minimum wage?
>>
>>79488394
Like I said it'd be gone once someone is earning over 30k a year, and up until that (from low income), reduced. Median income for US citizens is already like 32k so that's a big chunk of people straight away, in addition to children. The number would be nowhere near 500x300 million.
>>
>>79489517
>>79488394
You know I'm right in the long run. How can a society that continues to shut down old obsolete industries and reduces employee count in ALL sectors and industries as technology advances, whether through automation or other factors (increased efficiency requiring less staff) continue to provide so poorly for the unemployed?
>>
>>79488273
More like negative poll tax.
>>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/inside-silicon-valley-s-robot-pizzeria

did you guy see they're testing a robotic pizza truck that drives around all day cooking and then launches pizza at houses. it won't even need a driver.
>>
>>79488394
It would cost about 1.8 trillion dollars a year. GDP is about 16 trillion.

1.8 trillion dose not take into account the people who would get nothing becasue they already make enough, people who are already receiving benefits that would stop, the savings on administration or many other factors that would bring the cost down.
>>
File: 1457382144985.png (20 KB, 658x643) Image search: [Google]
1457382144985.png
20 KB, 658x643
>>79487875
>forget to tip
>get shot
>>
>>79489611
Im like you, mostly conservative but I think this needs to be done pretty soon.

I actually did a report on this at university and the amount of denial most people seem to be in is bad.

Like "everyone will just retrain to design and look after the robots", how many of the people working at McDonald's do you think have the aptitude to retrain as a fucking robotics engineer.
>>
File: a man can dream.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
a man can dream.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
can i replace my oven with one?
>>
>>79484471
Idiot
>>
Ideally, the following events happen:
>servicecucks begin openly revolting, smashing machines and assaulting security guards and remaining employees
>businesses finally cut back and start hiring servicecucks back
>union bullshit starts forming, servicecucks now paid more
>fastfood prices rise 60-80% as a result
>business drops in turn and huge percentages of franchises go out of business
>nationwide obesity begins to drop as fatties are forced to prepare their own food
>>
I think it's really interesting to see what will happen. I imagine there will be a backlash by people who care and politicians who are just looking for something to do.
>>
>>79490408
>how many of the people working at McDonald's do you think have the aptitude to retrain as a fucking robotics engineer.
you'd be surprised.
>>
>>79483456
the funny part is
they will still charge the same price
>>
>>79490752
>peasants start revolting and destroying machinery
>business owners decide they need protection, but cant trust humans to protect their robots
>build robots to defend burgerbots
>build defense robots with a lust for human flesh accidentally

congrats man, you destroyed us all
>>
>>79490999
Luckily, most servicecucks are non-white.
But this is disheartening because very few of them will be intelligent enough to know to smash the machinery.
>>
This is why I support minimum wage hikes if it accelerates the development of automation of soul-crushing menial labor like burger flipping. Sure there are less jobs, but maybe there should be less work. Remember when everyone had to work 12 hours a day? Maybe it's time to lower the 40 hour work week to free up some room.
>>
Let the companies prosper!
The huge influx of income to the companies will help the trickle down effect more than ever!
>>
>>79484471
Not when you have to pay 6 x 15 x 8 x 7 x 52 per year (assuming 6 employees, so the counter too)

That's $260k every year. Not going to be long til a machine like that starts paying for itself
>>
>>79491548
actually it's probably way more, they're open for like 12 hours on weekdays and 20 hours on weekends
so that's $468k every year spent on salaries that can be automated, per mcdonalds
>>
I'll just stick with making my own burgers unless they're handing them out for free.
>>
>>79484471
Nope. It just means you need to develop new skills. Like how to fix common problems with automatic equipment. You'll remain on the bottom until you take the time to gain better skills. It's supply and demand,dummy. There is an over abundance of unskilled labor and and shortage for skilled labor. Get skilled.
>>
>>79486600
Related note. I have a Subways near by with a touch screen for ordering. Minimum human contact. It's also a drive through so I can eat healthier and not get out of my car at the same time. Genius!
>>
File: burgerbot.jpg (66 KB, 412x346) Image search: [Google]
burgerbot.jpg
66 KB, 412x346
>>79486939
>Thank you for your business. Have a nice day.
>>
File: MQ-9_Reaper_taxis.jpg (508 KB, 3000x1673) Image search: [Google]
MQ-9_Reaper_taxis.jpg
508 KB, 3000x1673
>>79490999
When robots can perform all unskilled service jobs, give me one good reason for the 1% to NOT use an army of killer robots to genocide the poor

Like, go full Georgia Stones, cull humanity down to a couple million people overnight. Imagine the carbon emissions that would be saved and how much more land they'd have for swimming pools and tennis courts.

Alternatively, the entire surface of the earth outside of Israel could be one big nature preserve.

Stop worrying about killer robots that go haywire and start worrying about ones that work exactly as intended.
>>
File: Triumph-of-the-Guillotine-Taunay.jpg (970 KB, 1484x1142) Image search: [Google]
Triumph-of-the-Guillotine-Taunay.jpg
970 KB, 1484x1142
>>79484430
>haw haw fuck the poor
So I take it you shitbags are also looking forward to Guaranteed Universal Income? Yeah, I didn't think so. Enjoy your bloodbath.
>>
>>79483456
>proprietary software
Trashed
>>
>>79485730
Nigga you serious? Fried goods would not even be marginally difficult to automate. Shit, the machine already knows when the fries are done. Adding an automated basket is trivial.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.