[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the 4th of July is coming up I've been thinking....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: star_spangled_banner_2.jpg (445 KB, 1211x1415) Image search: [Google]
star_spangled_banner_2.jpg
445 KB, 1211x1415
Now that the 4th of July is coming up I've been thinking....

Will we ever get rid of that piece of shit The Star Spangled Banner as the national anthem?

It's impossible to sing, it's in a weird ass time signature, everyone butchers it at sporting events, everyone forgets the words, and it doesn't have a pleasing melody
Literally no one likes it.

America the Beautiful is the obvious choice to replace it.
>>
>>79478427
No
>>
I like it, fuck you op
>>
>usa's national anthem is literally them singing about canada cucking them

wew lads
>>
>>79478427
If we're going to replace the national anthem, it's going to be with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCu_wd_bulw
>>
Imo its a great national anthem and encapsulates us militarism throughout the centuries
>>
>>79478427
I thought the second note was lower than the first?
>>
it's a great poem, faggot

>And the rocket's red glare,
>The bombs bursting in air,
>Gave proof through the night,
>That our flag was still there.

fucking beautiful

The fucking continual fighting and battle was proof that they hadn't surrendered or been beaten.
>>
>everyone forgets the words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSaHRd4Q48
>>
>>79478427
It's also in 4/4 time, you fucking dingus.
>>
>>79478999
>wasted trips

A great fucking POEM, a shitty fucking ANTHEM. OP is right, America the Beautiful should replace it.
>>
>>79478427
I vote for grand old rag
>>
>>79479173
I like our anthem but I have always thought America the Beautiful would be a better pick desu
>>
>>79479064
no, it's in 3/4
>>
>>79478641
>>79478657

You don't actually like it. Stop being an edgy hipster contrarian.
>>
>>79479340
Doesn't matter, it's not a fucking 15/8 math rock piece of shit.
>>
>>79478829
>the rest of the poem is literally about making canukibongs run away
>>
>>79478999
America the Beautiful is better in every way and given its inspiration may as well be an ode to Manifest Destiny since none of what the writer saw that basically religiously inspired her ot write it wouldn't have been possible without putting the injuns and Mexicans in their place.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.