[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDCing a defensive knife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sanrenmu 7010.jpg (185 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
sanrenmu 7010.jpg
185 KB, 700x467
what is pols thought on edcing a knife as a defesnive weapon?

we have no guns here in croatia but knife laws seem pretty loose (glassing is pretty rare bruv), so this seems to be the only option.

how easy is to get chargered in case of a use of knife in altercation?
how useful is it against a non armed person traind in knife defense?

>pic rel one of my knives, sanrenmu 7010 aka sebenza copy

nothing attractive but for 10$ its a really reliable knife, great dimensions also!
>>
I don't know about your laws but here in the UK you can only legally carry a non-locking folder with a sub 3" blade. That'll be shit for defending yourself.

Also knives are not great for self-defence of you're going up against another knife fighter. The winner of knife vs. knife is usually the one that bleeds out last.

If I had to pick a self defence knife it'd be a Fairbairn-Sykes. Stabbing>slashing.

>t. martial autist
>>
>>79406178
You want a knife with either a grip molded to your hand or a bump at the hilt to prevent your hand from slipping on to the blade and cutting yourself.

Knife v knife you'll both probably die a day later unless you have actual training. If the other guy is unarmed you'll have an advantage.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 248x203
I carry pic-related with me at all times, at least until open-carry is allowed here.
>>
I would avoid a knife fight if at all possible. That is some messy shit.

That being said, I EDC a knife because it's a handy thing to have on my person, and I'd rather have it than not have it if couldn't avoid a knife fight.
>>
>>79406703

Great way to break your fingers when you end up wrestling on the floor
>>
>>79406947
Why would I wrestle on the floor?
>>
>>79406988
If you're bigger than the other guy and he's not busy stabbing you or something, grappling is super-effective. I was surprised to find out that being 15lbs heavier and flexible with no training was enough to whoop on a trained county championship wrestler.
>>
>>79406988
Also, biting. It's brutal and you run the risk of blood diseases, but it's really good for pain compliance alone.
>>
Knives would make a really bad self defense weapon to be honest.
>>
>>79406178
A winner is decided on a knife fight by three things:
>how long is your knife
>your arm strength
>are you experienced in fighting
>>
>>79406988
Most random fights will end up on the floor as a wrestle.

>>79407517
Arm strength and blade length have nothing to do with it, unless you have a machete or sword or some shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.