[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern warfare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: Otto+Dix+(1).jpg (415 KB, 1600x1079) Image search: [Google]
Otto+Dix+(1).jpg
415 KB, 1600x1079
>would your fight for your country

I honestly don't know. I would definitely fight for it the old fashion way, bashing the other side into withdrawing with a sharp metal object.
However, I can't help but feel terrified by the modern military. Infantry is just a meat shield for the big guns and is put under constant stress. There is always the possibility of being hit by an artillery shell or a sniper round. Or, if not you, the guy next to you, reminding one if his own mortality. Soldiers are subjected to otherwordly noise, sleep deprivation and sometimes hunger.

In the olden days, wars were pretty straight forward. You do a bit of marching, sleep well, eat well, meet the enemy, give them a good beating, repeat. Eventually you took part in a siege, which again, was more relaxed for both sides. On top of that, you were closer to your comrades and actually were in control of your fate. Spears, arrows and rocks could be dodged or parried, especially if the guys next to your did their job.

I want out, senpai.
>>
You have been watching too much game of thrones dimitri.
>>
>>79384685
>>would your fight for your country

maybe if trudeau died and we had an actual leader.
>>
File: 1465662119334.png (648 KB, 1032x1100) Image search: [Google]
1465662119334.png
648 KB, 1032x1100
For Quebec, yes. My country, no.
>>
>implying I would die for this guy
>>
>>79384685
You idiot, wars in the past have been extremely bloody and centralized, you would fight in a mostly luck-based battle, and even if you did die it would be extremely painful and agonizing, especially with very little medical care, Infantry have been meat shields in the past but with the introduction of the Tank the role has changed, today's wars are very small scale and often human rights are respected.
>>
File: krauts.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
krauts.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>79384685
Looks like hell desu
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 485x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 485x362
>>79388536
>often human rights are respected.
Especially when you blow up hospitals.
>>
File: germany.webm (937 KB, 588x437) Image search: [Google]
germany.webm
937 KB, 588x437
>>79388778
>>
File: ww1.webm (2 MB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
ww1.webm
2 MB, 704x396
>>
File: rebel-flag.jpg (42 KB, 650x474) Image search: [Google]
rebel-flag.jpg
42 KB, 650x474
>>79385098

IKTFB

That being said, the majority of the American military is either Southern or Midwestern, so I've got no issue joining up. If the country ever goes tits up, our soldiers won't be defending New York and California.
>>
I would gladly fight and die for my people and country but not for the government.
>>
>>79388807
They don't get bombed if you don't hide in them. The deal is so simple and sandniggers still don't understand it. They got what they deserved.
>>
>>79384685
maybe wars were better in the olden days but it doesn't really matter if you get gutted by a sword or die from shrapnel, both hurt like hell
>>
No, but I would fight for myself, record war footage and get that sweet youtube revenue
>>
>>79388536
Another difference is engagement time. With helicopters our infantry can see combat 300 days a year. WW2 the troops saw like 100 days a year. That 300 num is vietnam btw.
>>
>>79384685
Modern militaries have drastically lowered their own casualties with better protective equipment and trauma treatment.

Compare the Vietnam war to now

80% of the casualties in Vietnam on the US side were from excessive hemorrhaging of the extremities while the rest was head trauma and tension pneumothorax.

About 58,315 KIA and about 153,303 WIA in Vietnam.

War on Terror: 6,639 KIA
50,422 WIA

All deaths are horrible but notice the significant difference in deaths and casualties after a giant leap in tech?
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 460x287
>>79384685
Would be a shame if I didn't
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.