[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Self Driving Cars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: 1452898857788.jpg (423 KB, 990x649) Image search: [Google]
1452898857788.jpg
423 KB, 990x649
Rekt.

>The U.S. announced Thursday the first fatality in a wreck involving a car in self-driving mode, the 40-year-old owner of a technology company who nicknamed his vehicle "Tessy" and had praised its sophisticated "Autopilot" system just one month earlier for preventing a collision on an interstate.

>Joshua D. Brown, of Canton, Ohio, died in the accident May 7 in Williston, Florida, when his car's cameras failed to distinguish the white side of a turning tractor-trailer from a brightly lit sky and didn't automatically activate its brakes.

>Frank Baressi, 62, the driver of the truck and owner of Okemah Express LLC, said the Tesla driver was "playing Harry Potter on the TV screen" at the time of the crash and driving so quickly that "he went so fast through my trailer I didn't see him.". "It was still playing when he died and snapped a telephone pole a quarter mile down the road,".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/self-driving-car-driver-died-205642937.html
>>
File: Hermione-is-white6.jpg (201 KB, 1222x744) Image search: [Google]
Hermione-is-white6.jpg
201 KB, 1222x744
>>79375837

>watching white genocide propaganda

Deserved it.
>>
>>79375837
>self driving car
>the car making you it's bitch
>not thrusting the steering wheel while slapping the dashboard and calling your toyota corolla "my little whore"

Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: devgru-photo[1].jpg (115 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
devgru-photo[1].jpg
115 KB, 1200x901
>>79375837
DON'T BELIEVE OP'S LIES
The driver, joshua d. brown, wasn't watching a video, he was listening to an audio book.
Josh was a Navy SEAL for 11.5 years and killed a bunch of mudslime shitskins.
Look him up, he has a chan on youtube.
>>
>>79375837
It was bound to happen, like with every nascent technology. It's irrelevant and the tech will just get better as a result. Also, you still have to pay attention to the fuckimg road
>>
>>79375837
This is what I've been saying the whole time.
And wtf does it do if something is falling out of the sky?
A regular person would see it falling and stop...
...but a self-driving car would have to have censors installed everywhere to be able to see it coming.
>>
File: 1466082680142.jpg (385 KB, 580x870) Image search: [Google]
1466082680142.jpg
385 KB, 580x870
>>79375837
>self driving car
>using only cameras
>>
>>79376128
>Also, you still have to pay attention to the fuckimg road
And how will you enforce this new law?

If people still have to pay attention, and be responsible, it kinda negates the entire point of a self driving car..doesn't it.
>>
>>79376104

Imagine in the future when self-driving cars are ubiquitous and all a politician will have to do to assassinate undesirables is to simply access the system to run their car off a cliff.
>>
>>79376296
For now you do, as the tech matures it will become truly driverless. It is inevitable
>>
File: 1467349104172[1].jpg (549 KB, 2048x1220) Image search: [Google]
1467349104172[1].jpg
549 KB, 2048x1220
>>79376128
>>79376098
>>79375999
>>79376209
>>79376218
>>79376296
>>79376388
>>79376369

>don't believe the lies made up by big Oil
OP's claim is not at all factual
Wait until the facts come out in the investigation, or do a cursory check for yourself.
>crossing river on his motorcycle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrH78nluBTk
>taking his nephew sledding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjtrJwbJgfI
Josh was very into technology and had been road testing the Tesla and documenting it on his youtube chan. He liked to listen to audio books on his long drives.
A month prior to his death, the Tesla avoidance system prevented an accident. This was captured on dashcam video and is easily found on google in numerous news articles. You can even hear the sound of an audio book in that video.

>I attended the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque for three years studying physics and computer science. Following my junior year, I enlisted in the US Navy serving 11.5 wonderful years on active duty as a Master Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (EOD). While deployed numerous times overseas, in both warfighting and non-combatant roles with SOF (Special Operations Forces) units, it was my pleasure to work with the most intelligent, innovative, and independent patriots I have ever met. My duty stations included: Information Technology A School, BUD/S, NDSTC, NAVSCOLEOD, EODMU3, KTOD ACTD, and NSWDG. These opportunities allowed development of my operational experience as well as understanding and associations within the research and development (R&D) community.
https://www.nexuinnovations.com/about-us/about-owner.html
>>
File: wanna-buy-some-magic_o_1833087.jpg (199 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
wanna-buy-some-magic_o_1833087.jpg
199 KB, 640x492
>>79376104
>DON'T BELIEVE OP'S LIES
>he was listening to an audio book.
and you, of course, are an unimpeachable source...
if he was only listening to audio he wouldn't have needed autopilot
unless he was also masturbating
>>
>>79376632
you don't have the facts, summer friend, so don't jump to hasty conclusions
>>
>>79376128
This.

Also, I remember commenting on this guy's channel a lot. Hard to imagine he's dead.
>>
>>79376632
>he was also masturbating
u wut m8?
>>
>>79376924
This is the future of driving. Driving down the interstate, blaring smooth jazz and jerking off going 70 miles per hour
>>
File: thumbs up Mandy Murphy.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up Mandy Murphy.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>79376924
>navy seal
>tech expert
>drives straight off a cliff
nothing out of the ordinary so far?
>>
>>79376128
its going to be a problem until the technology is good enough where you don't have to pay attention at all.
until then people are going to be bored and texting/ watching movies or whatever.
it's already bad enough without automatic driving people text anyway.
>>
I didn't even realize these things were already available and on the road. Feels like they were still being tested in parking lots just a few weeks ago.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.