[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREXIT: A FIRST HAND TESTIMONY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: current year man.jpg (100 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
current year man.jpg
100 KB, 624x420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0ac5HUpDU

1/2

So, CYM [current year male] seems to nail it... but I see a hole in this whole story. I agree on the Farage bullshits, etc. but the finale is unsatisfying.

>Portuguese woman is interviewed
>She has been living in the UK for years
>"My daughter asked me: what will happen now?"
>"We don't know". Sob sob.

Now, my question is the following:
>She made a new life in a new country
>She's married and sheit
>Got kids, school for kids, etc.
>Doesn't have citizenship yet

(cont.)
>>
File: Becoming a British citizen.png (65 KB, 639x957) Image search: [Google]
Becoming a British citizen.png
65 KB, 639x957
2/2

(cont. from >>79352213 )

Now, the question is:
>Where the fuck is her citizenship?
Or, alternatively, in case she doesn't meet residency requirements yet:
>Why hasn't she made sure to meet such requirements no matter the political upheavals?

The Portuguese woman
>doesn't know what will happen
But the truth is
>she never did
Because she moved places in full ignorance of laws, rules, and didn't secure herself a spot even if given a chance to.

But she's not the only one... and possibly not the best example.

I have friends who are Irishmen, Italians, etc. They have lived in the UK for the past 7 years (to say the least).
And they aren't citizens yet.
Why?
>laziness
>bureaucracy
>it doesn't matter since I'm an EU dude anyway

But when confronted with this, they answered:
>Well, I SHOULD have done that earlier
>Actually, there are more benefits if you become citizens
>etc.

And the most daunting shit is:
>All these people who meet citizenship requirements but never applied (which I assume are at least 500,000) could have voted!

So let's handbrake for a minute and realize that there was a shitload of EU nationals in the UK who could have become citizens when given a chance to and voted in their own interest.

Now it's way too damn easy to complain.
>>
>>79352213
why do you agree on the 'farage bullshits'? farage/ukip never said that shit about the nhs, it was the official leave campaign. and even so, it wasn't a promise, it was a suggestion. the money won't definitely go in there but it might and the point is it's a lot better to have money going into your own country than anywhere else.
>>
File: 1399605496310.jpg (40 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
1399605496310.jpg
40 KB, 500x618
>>79352871
Anyway, that's not the point of my thread.
The point of my thread is:
>All those people who could have applied for British citizenship years ago but didn't are getting BTFO by a referendum they were not able to vote for

TL;DR: many EU nationals on British shore are responsible for not having secured their political rights in the country they chose to live in.
>>
>>79352727

So in other words, a bunch of foreigners are not able to impose their will on the native population because they were too lazy to fill out the forms?

Not seeing the problem. I like foreigners plenty, I just don't want them telling me what to do. I imagine they would feel the same in my position.
>>
File: no idea.jpg (28 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
no idea.jpg
28 KB, 400x254
>>79354014
Yeah, but my issue with that is: what is the point of interviewing them and having them say "dunno what to do sob sob sob"? What does this prove? Absolutely nothing.

It just proves pic related with regard to the interviewee.
>>
>>79352213
>>79352727

Why did you create an acronym for current year male if you only used it once?
>>
File: BMW _ Nice.png (105 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
BMW _ Nice.png
105 KB, 1200x1200
>>79354453
>Why did you create an acronym for current year male if you only used it once?
It sounded witty when I wrote it, but then I forgot to update the copy pasta from what I had prepared in my txt file.

Shall we meme CYM to death?
>>
can someone please post the chart of the economy over the long period of time showing how irrelevant the small drop in GBP is
>>
>>79354797
I don't have it, sorry.
And anyway, it is very likely to be crafted graph on behalf of some Remainian.
>>
>>79356009
No worries anon. it was pro brexit
>>
>>79354311
>what is the point of interviewing them and having them say "dunno what to do sob sob sob"?
propaganda
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.