[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we convince religious people that they're wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1770091_0.jpg (32 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1770091_0.jpg
32 KB, 540x309
How do we convince religious people that they're wrong?
It seems no matter what you say they just go back to " God is real because he helped me find my car keys and I prayed for someone to get better and they went to the hospital and got better so prayer works!"
>>
If God isn't real then why does the world exist? And don't say some dumb explosion happened and we evolved from monkeys
>>
>>79343028
We don't have to know why the world exists or how anything works to exclude God.

Not knowing something =/= My version of God did it
>>
File: 1465089561459.png (33 KB, 576x510) Image search: [Google]
1465089561459.png
33 KB, 576x510
>>79342737
>>79343028
Can we please just ban Canadian posters altogether? This is the most tiresome fucking thing. Every time I get on /vp/ it's some dumbass bullshit by people with the worst prime minister in recent memory.

Just stop it already. Nobody likes leafs here.
>>
>>79343338
Canada > America (excluding Military)

There is no way to prove me wrong.
>>
>>79343223
I know, I've read genesis
>>79343338
Okay nigger cutlet
>>79343472
Nah mate even our army is better, we just don't care now because we aren't in a dick measuring contest with russia, when shit hits the fan our Canadian instincts kick in we all join the army and kill some shitskins just like when we fucked up Germany and took some sweet Dutch brides home
>>
File: christ-the-word.jpg (60 KB, 499x677) Image search: [Google]
christ-the-word.jpg
60 KB, 499x677
/pol/ is a Christian board. Go soak your head for a few hours.
>>
Atheists are so annoying. There is no way you know god doesn't exist. Atheism requires as much faith as theism.
>>
>>79343028
Some dumb explosion happened and we evolved from monkeys.
>>
File: frog.png (81 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
81 KB, 250x249
you literally can't. IT LITERALLY CANNOT BE DONE

religiosity is genetically based, not reason based. and for the most part, it's independent from intelligence. twin studies have proved this

no matter what you say they'll work from the assumption that god exists to argue with you, and if they're intelligent at the end they'll default to "well I know I can't prove it but I still believe".

the number of people who convert to atheism past age 25 (read: past mental maturity) is vanishingly small and always will be.

and so you should let them be, never waste your time arguing about religion
>>
>>79345649
Off topic, but what happens post this magic number of "25?" I'm 23 and have never had issues picking up new skills and questioning my beliefs. Is this due for a massive change? That makes me very worried for my continued success.
>>
>>79345852
nothing, just that some people who are genetically atheist won't wake up to it until X age. they will be religious because of their religious environment, but that doesn't hold forever

putting that at age 25 gives plenty of leeway because that's when the brain is fully developed. but it generally happens well before this, thus the teenage atheist meme
>>
>>79345852
25 is when the average man reaches final brain development

For women it's a lot lower, about 21
>>
>>79342737
faith based religion like atheism with a fairly shallow body of literature are best resolved my a bit of lsd.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.