[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Global warming denial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: 1467308745066.jpg (140 KB, 735x735) Image search: [Google]
1467308745066.jpg
140 KB, 735x735
Should /pol/ change its position on global warming?
>>
Why? Because a nigger said we should?
>>
(((Republicans))) told me not to believe in (((liberal))) lies.
>>
File: 1467324865928.jpg (691 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1467324865928.jpg
691 KB, 2048x1536
Rate our pol meetup
>>
>>79337240
>very clear globalist agenda issue
>well documented instances of falsified data
>decades of alarmist predictions all proven wildly inaccurate
>assertions made with no empirical base
>"muh 97%" talking point is just a left wing survey

Why should anyone believe in Global Warming?
Why should anyone believe something that the government tries to force you to believe?
>>
There are only two autists who believe Global Warming is a hoax

We're not that stupid
>>
global warming is real but it's not caused by humans
>>
Yes, global warming is a proven fact. I'm as right wing as they come and i believe in it, we win nothing by denying it.
>>
File: 1427762070503.png (15 KB, 299x200) Image search: [Google]
1427762070503.png
15 KB, 299x200
Until the feds decide to invest in nuclear, global warming debate is irrelevent as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>79337539
me on the far left
>>
The evidence is overwhelming IMO. The free market can solve this issue so there is no need to deny science.
>>
File: 8 (394).jpg (110 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
8 (394).jpg
110 KB, 650x406
oy vey pay up your carbon taxes to save the earth goyim
>>
>people advocating a fascist one world governing body in order to fight global warming
>people advocating the imprisonment of skeptics

This is how you know it's bullshit.
>>
>>79337240
because of nigger siens ape?
>>
>>79337956

Not an argument. Leftists will always advocate for government intervention but that doesn't mean the science is not true.
>>
>>79337240
He is right.

But look how they shift the narative:
first its CO2
now it is just global warming
then it is man made
then it just happens

----------

They are not able and willing to say a valid statement. It is just about the guilt complex to controle you
>>
File: pol logic.jpg (168 KB, 500x818) Image search: [Google]
pol logic.jpg
168 KB, 500x818
>study shows blacks perform worse at certain mental tasks than other groups
>"Heh, science proved it all along! No, no, I don't want to spend time reading the paper. I know it's true!"

>study shows planet is warming
>"Obvious political agenda! Don't you remember when it snowed in Texas a couple years ago? Global warming, my ass! No, no, I don't need to read the paper. I know it's bullshit!"

Every fucking time.
>>
>>79337608
Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY

Global Warming shills never address the solar system wide event currently taking place. Increased storms on gas giants, temps rising on Mars, weakening of the Earth's magnetosphere in conjunction with the sun entering a grand solar minimum.

Of course if your shill agenda doesn't fit the facts, you omit til it fits!
>>
File: agw.png (674 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
agw.png
674 KB, 1080x1920
>>79337608
>left wing survey
What does a right wing survey look like?
>>
I don't know much but I live in Michigan and we didn't have shit for a winter (it literally snowed like five times, three of which were in March-April), and this summer so far has been hot as fuuuuck.
>>
>>79338799
el nino
l

n
i
n
o
>>
>>79338324
>Checks flag

Every single time.
>>
File: 1401121072921.jpg (49 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
1401121072921.jpg
49 KB, 720x450
The incalculable amount of variables which factor into climate are impossible for us to comprehend much less measure, disseminate and discern each influence with every other corresponding variable affected. It is closer to chaos than picking out a handful of environmental flags and stating such a blanket explanation as fact.

Even the simplest of processes become near chaotic when examined in ever increasingly smaller scale much less planetary. Improvements in data collection with disregard to localized environmental and topographic variables (changed or underreported), coupled with the sheer amount of data collected for comparison antiquates previous data in scope and methodology.

Climatology is political party, which explains the wildly unreasonable reaction to qualified dissension in peer review, refusal of data sharing and dismissal of the need for reproduction when errors and falsifications are present. If it had remained in the scientific realm, it would still be called Meteorology. That every climatologist concurs, what they were taught and are now teaching is fact, means nothing. Experimenter bias can be attributed to much more than a salary in the prestige of fronting humanity saving research in our dire final hour, receiving awards and accolades and earning a prominent place in the regulatory behemoth established to counter the contrived results before they show no fruition. It might just focus data gathering at predetermined locations of concentrated production of the conformational data required.

The embedded politics are on display when all importance is placed on halting progress and limiting freedoms instead of countering the perceived effects through their own means of collection, disposal, or production of whatever they imagine will balance things out.
>>
File: punished rand.jpg (157 KB, 1198x1067) Image search: [Google]
punished rand.jpg
157 KB, 1198x1067
>>79337240
Does it exist?
Yes
Is it 99% our fault?
No
Should it be carbon taxed?
No
Should listen to le reddit scienceman?
No
>>
If man's influence on climate change was correctly represented as a hypothesis, it would not currently be the basis for the regulatory systems being devised, causing apoplectic opposition to the devastating economic ramifications and repression of civil liberties. Then research with the removal of politics being of foremost prominence in the exclusion of experimental bias would ensure the integrity of the studies and true consensus can be found.
>>
>>79339247
I wasn't aware that only Canadians on /pol/ studied or worked in a scientific field.
>>
>>79339340
T.someone who is trying to sound way smarter than they really are but still manage to come out sounding dumb as fuck
>>
No. I'm fully on board with the mainstream story on climate change, but no narrative is infallible. You always need someone asking questions to prevent a circlejerk, and genuine skeptics do a better job than some false devil's advocate.
>>
>>79339295
Awww cute he thinks meteorology = climatology and weather = climate
>>
>>79339558
What are the questions you ask?
>>
You can deny the speed of global warming.
But you can't deny it.

>b-but this winter was really cold!
Retarded argument, "global" in "global warming" doesn't mean "all over the world", it means this is a tendency.
>>
>>79337240
It's not about denial; it's about having an interventionist climate policy vs a non-interventionist climate policy.
>>
>>79337608
What about the significant increase of carbon in the atmosphere? Hasn't it risen 300 ppm in the last 200 years or so?

To my knowledge it has never increased this rapid throughout the history of the earth according to carbon particles we find deep within the earth.
>>
File: eraherghaergh.png (342 KB, 791x562) Image search: [Google]
eraherghaergh.png
342 KB, 791x562
Anthropogenic global warming is psuedoscientific mythology promoted for solely political reasons.
>>
>>79339887
Yes CO2 in the atmosphere has always more or less shown a close parallel to temp, and since the industrial revolution that relationship have been broken with CO2 shooting way up in ppm.
This is covered in the video here: >>79338468
>>
>one volcano goes off and puts way more into the atmosphere than man could in many many years

it's totally your fault guys
>>
REMINDER: In 2005 the UN predicted 50 million climate refugees by 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2005/oct/12/naturaldisasters.climatechange1

>Rising sea levels, desertification and shrinking freshwater supplies will create up to 50 million environmental refugees by the end of the decade, experts warn today. Janos Bogardi, director of the Institute for Environment and Human Security at the United Nations University in Bonn, said creeping environmental deterioration already displaced up to 10 million people a year, and the situation would get worse.

When it didn't come true in 2011 they tried to delete the statistics from the official UNEP website

>Six years ago, the United Nations issued a dramatic warning that the world would have to cope with 50 million climate refugees by 2010. But now that those migration flows have failed to materialize, the UN has distanced itself from the forecasts. On the contrary, populations are growing in the regions that had been identified as environmental danger zones.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/feared-migration-hasn-t-happened-un-embarrassed-by-forecast-on-climate-refugees-a-757713.html

The "scientists" working on the global warming fearmongering scam are far-left extremists who believe in their radical anti-human green ideology where white western patriarchal humans are pure evil and 3rd world brown people and "mother nature" are always the good ones. They're not scientists, they're ideologues and they're going to do anything to manufacture a "environmental crisis" to blame on white people
>>
Which is hotter: Venus or Mercury? Answer /pol/.
>>
>>79340136

don't say that, people will start telling you volcanoes actually don't pollute the earth as much as man-made emissions do
>>
>>79337240
>"If gravity exists, then global warming must be true."
>>
>>79337240
>/pol/ is 1 person
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 583x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 583x400
>>79337240
>>
>>79337608
>Why should anyone believe in Global Warming?

Because Climate Change is an undisputed fact.

And Global Warming usually precedes the rapid onset of extinction-intense glacial ages.

Why would we do anything so bone-jarringly stupid as to accelerate that?
>>
>>79345277
Climate change is a reality. The framing of it within the politically driven concept of Global Warmingâ„¢ is a farce.
>>
File: 1.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>79338658
>offer funding to produce studies proving man made global warming
>a lot of studies get written
>see look, we're totally right, all these papers we just bought agree with it
>>
>>79337240
it's bullshit senpai fuck off
>>
>>79337240
The world probably gets 0.0001 degrees hotter a year and everyone acts like it's getting 2 degrees hotter every year. So yea, it's true but scientist's exaggerate to stay relevant and in the news.
>>
>>79345277
For an undisputed fact, there sure are a lot of disputes about it
>>
I'm an intelligent man and the right wing's climate change denial has always made me embarrassed to call myself a conservative. Conservatives are shackled by their anti science message.
>>
>>79346196
>Get funding to review 100% of scientific literature relating to global warming
>Findings of study disagree with muh feels
>Therefore study = biased left wing propaganda bullshit pseudoscience
>>
>>79337240
>Is Global Warming a true thing?
Yes
>Is it exaggerated for effect on the general population?
Possibly
>Should we sacrifice our economic well-being and live poor conditions just to try to fix a problem that's probably too far gone at this point?
No, solutions are being made as quick as possible without sacrificing our well being (see: rise in solar panel usage, hybrids and electric cars being made more regularly, recycling taking off, etc.) and the free market is naturally taking care of it due to the growing concern over the issue. No need to gut an entire country's economic base because m-muh icebergs
>>
>>79346840
That wasn't even close to the point I was making in regards to decades of research funding policy...

But since you want to go that way, fine, the cook ""study"" was actually pseodoscience propaganda.

http://rankexploits.com/musings/2013/i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means/
>>
>>79337539
I'd say bait
>>
>>79337240
To me this whole "global warming" thing can go to hell, too many political agendas behind it.
I'm not gonna be a blind tree hugger, but if technology that happens to be better for the planet I'm fine with as long as it's saving me money.
>>
Hey guys, i heard about this thing that affect everything on earth called the fucking sun, oh wait, this newspaper know to never lie said otherwise, really makes you think

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/02/23/no-the-sun-isnt-driving-global-warming/
>>
>>79350396
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/02/23/no-the-sun-isnt-driving-global-warming/
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>79337240
Whether or not you believe in Global Warming/Climate change, it makes sense in caring for the place you live it. The only risk their is, is that some people would use the idea in a way to scheme people out of there money and ignore the bigger idea
>>
>It's a great insight into the power of a massive propaganda bombardment but the science behind mass social control is not new, just perfected. Today it has co-opted real science and replaced it with an army of well paid new age priests we call climate scientists. These are really just shills paid to manipulate fudged and questionable input data on UN supercomputer simulations of earths climate to manifest an output of doom fitting the agenda their master priests proselytize - or they find work elsewhere, classic garbage in garbage out.

>The preparation that preceded this bombardment was the ozone hole test from the 70's, there actually was no hole in the ozone, CFC's are a harmless compound that DuPont was about to lose the patent on and in fact the same DuPont scientist who "discovered" the ozone hole "discovered" global cooling, since changed to warming and now the more effective climate change. Everyone ate it right up so the Club of Rome knew a new propaganda bombardment could be tweaked and targeted to accomplish anything they wanted, in this case hydrocarbon rationing and control - being the oil age - hydrocarbons are life - life control.

>Fact is, we could just as likely see another ice age forming up in the 21st century, a just as likely scenario as a warming, the earth over geological time is cooling but presently warming back up since the last glacial maximum was only 20k years ago.

>AGW zealots are really no different than any other radicalized cultists all through history, in some ways more enabling of despotic theocratic totalitarian world governments than ever. There will be some epic regret and dissonance down the line since once enabled, it will be near impossible to remove like any theocracy, it will be enforced and maintained by any and all means and the velvet glove will come off leaving only the iron hand, ironically powered by the same energy - hydrocarbons - they convinced their enslaved subjects to surrender!
>>
>>79350602
They mean to shove their huge propaganda dick so far down your throat that you will accept a carbon tax for farting and unironically tell others who refuse how they are destroying the environment for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBjkn7a-fA
>>
>i am opposed to x because im on y side of the spectrum
>>
>>79337240
I hope it is real.
All climate models say I will own beach front property if the ice caps melt (instead of a snake and gnat infested swamp)
Bring it on bitches.
>>
>>79351176
Bill Nye is an honest to god dumb cunt.
>>
File: Tyson Batman.png (27 KB, 509x193) Image search: [Google]
Tyson Batman.png
27 KB, 509x193
No
>>
File: 1465296660018.jpg (11 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
1465296660018.jpg
11 KB, 346x250
>>79353528
he doesn't want to be a bat wtf
>>
>>79353528
>>79353528
> bats are blind

Mom's spaghetti.
>>
>>79349054
plz post more like this
>>
>>79342114
Venus
>>
>>79337539
Trudeau/gay
>>
File: iXMX78t.png (217 KB, 1754x2480) Image search: [Google]
iXMX78t.png
217 KB, 1754x2480
farce
>>
>>79353528
Jesus fuck this man is retarded.
>>
>>79337751
My left or your left in the picture?
>>
File: 1245880549777.jpg (11 KB, 264x282) Image search: [Google]
1245880549777.jpg
11 KB, 264x282
>>79354215
>bats aren't blind its just dark out
Guess I've never thought about it that way, just kinda figured.
>>
>>79346503
Don't worry goyim. All the scientists paid to study global warming agree. There is not dispute, it is all nutjobs who don't agree instantly with everything that they are told.
>>
>>79343486
kek
>>
>>79337240
Even if humans don't contribute to climate (which we do)-- We know that pouring co2, methane and other industrial byproducts into the air is fucking terrible for the land and ecosystem. So Even if you 'disagree' with global warming the best way to Perserve land and ecosystems is to do the same things that would limit our contrabition to climate change.
>>
The Ozone Hole/Global Warming/Climate Change "planet scare" has always been a very interesting scam.

It's the perfect endgame for leftist academia and hippie "earth mother" environmentalists. It's a problem that no one (without a complex (((university))) computer model) can see or feel, but requires millions of jobs and billions of dollars from "rich" countries to fix.

The people that started all this are shadowy figures that resist any investigation, and even mild skepticism is treated as outrageous heresy. Every day their models fall apart and their predictions are vastly incorrect, but every day they wake up to cook more books, spin more lies, and try to worm their way even deeper into the pocketbooks of western governments. And since this is a modern leftist cause, they have all forms of media marching in lockstep behind them.

Anyone with any study in political science or Machiavellian techniques must be impressed by how this scam has progressed as far as it has. If they weren't specifically trying to get my government to tax me directly to pay for their lies, I'd applaud them.
>>
File: xuqJjRj.jpg (185 KB, 950x647) Image search: [Google]
xuqJjRj.jpg
185 KB, 950x647
>>79346503
sup fellownip.
dae remember acid rain or the ozone layer?
scaaaary!
>>
File: Gdmhtlu.jpg (55 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
Gdmhtlu.jpg
55 KB, 500x708
>>79353528
>it's real
what the fuck
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.