[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God n Jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 12
I remember when I was 15 and still believed in God. I lived in a primarily Catholic town where everyone went to church on Sunday and the notion of not believing in God was almost unheard of. My parents raised me to believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans, that Noah built an ark and put everything on it, the parting of the sea, all that shit.

Then the time came when I started living more and more in the real world... seeing how miserable the world is... how perfectly stupid people are... the countless religions trying to amass devotees... all as contradicted by scientific facts as they are by each other... I found it amazing that it took me 15 years to realize that religion is vandalism of the mind.

Now that I'm an adult, I understand that's not what is amazing. What's amazing is that humans are so easily leashed to an idea just because everyone around them feels strongly about it. That's why I can understand why people are deeply religious. Their brain disregards anything that challenges their belief system so quickly that it's like trying to put a puzzle together while your retarded little brother is shrieking and ripping the puzzle apart. They'll never put the puzzle together, they'll never see how pitiful everything is.

Even when they're 90 on their deathbed looking back at their hollow, uninspiring, unsatisfying existence on this rock, they'll find some incredible way to convince themselves that their lives were meaningful and consequential. I bet they'll remember that time they fucked that Japanese hooker, or how touched they were when their child learned to ride a bike, rather than how they spent 95% of their time staring blankly into space while performing some mundane task such as driving or walking or eating or working or waiting because Karen was supposed to be home 25 minutes ago and the roast beef is getting cold.

cont...
>>
File: 1466841632672.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1466841632672.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
I honestly don't care that people are religious just like I don't care that men watch My Little Pony. People can believe whatever they want. It's just the fact that I have to share this planet with a vastly religious population and everything religious people do makes me cringe so hard. Believing in angels, thinking people have "souls", going to church and singing so that God doesn't get butthurt at you for not worshiping him enough. Worst of all I can't even explain to people what how breathtakingly stupid their religion is because you might as well be insulting them personally.

How about you wake up in a world where everyone watches My Little Pony and you are shunned if you openly express distaste for the show. "My Little Pony gives my life meaning!" "What does it matter to you if we make the My Little Pony theme song our national anthem?" "Lol fedora loving aponyist get off my board."

Well I don't know what else to say, religion is a mental disorder, keep your children away from preachers, and all that. If you read what I had to say then that's good enough for me, hopefully it sparked a crumb of critical thought for those of you who still, ya know, believe in myths. I guess I should leave this open-ended so I'll end with a question.
If your parents belonged to a different religion, would your beliefs be different as well?
inb4 all religions are actually the same
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>
File: 1466924295443.png (402 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1466924295443.png
402 KB, 640x960
>>79328169
good one m8
>>
>>79328169
Damn

I'm saving that one for Redd it.
>>
File: 1398937526730.cached.jpg (211 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1398937526730.cached.jpg
211 KB, 2000x1333
Ignore me while I compare and contrast
>>
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
hmmm
>>
File: catholic-priest-shutterstock.jpg (78 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
catholic-priest-shutterstock.jpg
78 KB, 615x345
how peculiar
>>
File: LukeAllen1.jpg (22 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
LukeAllen1.jpg
22 KB, 660x495
>>
File: religious-man-23013383.jpg (31 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
religious-man-23013383.jpg
31 KB, 300x450
>>
File: world-of-weird-brony_0.jpg (131 KB, 1368x912) Image search: [Google]
world-of-weird-brony_0.jpg
131 KB, 1368x912
>>
File: eucharist.jpg (746 KB, 2300x1518) Image search: [Google]
eucharist.jpg
746 KB, 2300x1518
i can no longer tell them apart
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.